Home

Great , that's all we need

Posted By: AntiGov

Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 01:43 AM

Another gubmint holiday

Congress passes bill to add juneteenth to the long list of federal get paid to NOT WORK days
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:03 AM

Not surprising,..I see a tightening in June recognizations,..we have that month long gay thing,..now this conundrum,..bodes well for BLM but yet when was the time......
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:06 AM

Can we move it April? Its a long spring with no holidays from February to end of May.

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Can we move it April? Its a long spring with no holidays from February to end of May.

Try 5 months , from December to may for us regular folks ( deplorables ). Lol
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:12 AM

They should have a lot more holidays. Lets face it, the less they do the less they screw up.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:30 AM

Was wondering when news of this would pop up here crazy
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:34 AM

Now you know! wink
Posted By: rex123

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:41 AM

Something ended that never should have been in the first place. Why not celebrate it being gone?

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Something ended that never should have been in the first place. Why not celebrate it being gone?

Why not make every day a holiday then ?

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Now you know! wink

Yeppers
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 03:13 AM

Just another way to baby the whiners, don’t mean Nuttin.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 03:27 AM

A friend was just telling me the city is closed Friday because of this holiday. I didn't know it was now a federal holiday.

Thankfully I will be in the Mountains for a funeral most of the day. MIght take the fishing poles out too.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 11:49 AM

The ending of slavery was a huge step in America becoming a more perfect union, it was perhaps the biggest step we've ever made and will ever make towards making all men free. We've never made such a huge leap towards freedom in out countries history before or since. Therefore it's worth celebrating.
Whether it should be a paid holiday is a separate issue,not really related to whether or not it's worth celebrating..
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 01:46 PM

Finally! Between that and a new picture on pancake boxes we can now have peace and unity! whistle
Posted By: adam m

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
The ending of slavery was a huge step in America becoming a more perfect union, it was perhaps the biggest step we've ever made and will ever make towards making all men free. We've never made such a huge leap towards freedom in out countries history before or since. Therefore it's worth celebrating.
Whether it should be a paid holiday is a separate issue,not really related to whether or not it's worth celebrating..

I agree.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by loosegoose

I agree.

3 x. Now I think I will go see if the boys are done with school work for the day. If so i think I'm going the take then to this thing i saw happening as t the fare grounds. Looks like some primitive type guys that use traps to catch Animals or some such thing. Will be our first convention.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:13 PM

Incredibly stupid idea. I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:17 PM

Put it in FEB or move black history month to june
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 02:18 PM

Good idea? Bad idea? Who knows?

Predictable? Oh, yeah!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 03:48 PM

Just another ploy to get more votes.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Great , that's all we need - 06/17/21 06:45 PM

I’m sure it’d be a grand idea if it were another takeover of an old pagan holiday though right?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums