Home

Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 10:33 PM

politicians that want to take their guns, hunting, and trapping rights away. I know some on the gun, hunting and trapping forums did and probably will continue to do so. I don’t get it.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 10:39 PM

20 years ago I gave up tryin to understand women and I became a much happier man. Now that I have given up tryin to understand libs I am even happier. They make no sense so if you understand them what does that say about you?
Posted By: Finster

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
politicians that want to take their guns, hunting, and trapping rights away. I know some on the gun, hunting and trapping forums did and probably will continue to do so. I don’t get it.

Not sure if you have noticed but quite a few on here are what I would call "special".

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 10:46 PM

Good point- special prolly sums it up as good as any term. There are more than a few that would waltz into a farm and home store to by a mower belt from Wolfdog91 grin
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:06 PM

If you vote for either of the two main political parties, you're voting to have your guns taken away. One party will do it slower than the other, both both major political parties have a history of supporting gun control.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:12 PM

I'm still waiting for you guys to point out who on here voted for Biden. It seems to be mostly fake news.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:14 PM

didn't James actually apologize for his vote a month or so ago?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I'm still waiting for you guys to point out who on here voted for Biden. It seems to be mostly fake news.

I'd be curious to know as well. Besides James, I don't know of anyone here who voted for Biden.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:30 PM

actually looked up that post, and James did NOT admit to having voted for Dementia Joe.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:42 PM

LOL be like Obummer when he got done NO ONE would admit voting for him !!!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:45 PM

Of course it may be hard to track down dead peoples vote and all those people from the community of Xerox copy that voted in the same precinct at EXACTLY the same time.But they didn't know they had voted until Trump was ahead AFTER election day ! Took 3 days to count/ find enough dems votes to turn it over.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/17/21 11:47 PM

I believe a certain beaver trapper from oregon votes democrat.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:04 AM

I believe Charles admitted he voted for Joe.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:23 AM

Wake up we are being played. Good cop bad cop they both are after the same thing .Just go about it in different ways. If you think I am wrong ask yourself why don't the republicans fight back and why does the so called conservative court keep voting liberal?
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:37 AM

Can’t fix Stupid
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Wake up we are being played. Good cop bad cop they both are after the same thing .Just go about it in different ways. If you think I am wrong ask yourself why don't the republicans fight back and why does the so called conservative court keep voting liberal?

IF'N you idjits can not see which party is OPENLY ANTI 2A, then maybe you gradjiated behind ole coonman.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:41 AM

Trying to understand why, some gun owners, hunters and trappers keep voting for anti-2nd Amendment politicians, makes me think of a quote from the movie, “ Last of the Mohicans.” Hawkeye, says to Cora, “ my father warned me about people like you, do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense. “

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:58 AM

Lets see who the idiot is . Conservative judges that vote time and again liberal and don't forget when the conservatives held both houses they still did nothing and backed down from the liberals at almost ever key point. How far ahead of you was coonman?

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 01:01 AM

I should not have put that in there about Coonman. That makes me as sad as you.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 01:09 AM

Dad used to say, Son, there are people that can not or will not see the trees for the forest, no cure for it.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 01:10 AM

The big differences in R and D:
#1 Big R says pro 2nd and votes for control. Big D says guns are evil then votes with big R to only get "sensible gun control".

#2 Big R says lower taxes but middle class still pays the highest percentage of earnings and welfare rolls increase. Big D says only raise tax's on the rich but middle class still gets the sandburr in the socks while welfare rolls increase.

Big D cries racism every 4-5 minutes then says minorities are not smart enough to be able to get I.D. Big R says we are not racist but supports things like affirmative action that tell people they are not capable of getting ahead with just hard work and their natural smarts.

BOTH parties are so corrupt that a big chunk of the leaders ought to get life in the Colorado super max.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 01:19 AM

Own a mirror?
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 01:21 AM

Yep Danny big D is bad bad bad but one also must see that spineless big Rs are just as bad. They plug up positions were a real patriot might do good work. Con you into believing they stand for what they say. Then vote with big D. Illinois is full of both.
Posted By: James

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Burn the witch!

Jim
Posted By: charles

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:54 AM

Most people vote their pocketbook.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:58 AM

Maybe most of the people you hang out with.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:59 AM

Grandpa, you've always been civil, so I'll try to answer your question. I'm not speaking for myself here, but hypothetically, as your question was asked hypothetically.

Suppose you had a choice: give up your guns, or lose a child to cancer? If you're like most parents, you'd keep the child and lose the guns.

Suppose your choice was to give up your guns or lose everything else you owned?

Suppose it was a choice between losing your health or losing your guns?

You can see where I'm going. There are other things than guns, some things even more important.

Almost all gun-owners support the Second Amendment. Where they tend to disagree is on what other things may be just or more important.

Jim
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:59 AM

There are many here who didn't vote Trump . So same difference

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:02 AM

I'll never be ashamed of voting for someone other than Trump. The prospect of voting for him makes me sick.

Jim
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

There are many here who didn't vote Trump . So same difference

E-L-E-C-T-O-R-A-L C-O-L-L-E-G-E

You should really and finally learn about it, because your loving vote for Trump amounted to absolutely nothing in Oregon. Just like my libertarian vote meant nothing in Oklahoma.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by James
Grandpa, you've always been civil, so I'll try to answer your question. I'm not speaking for myself here, but hypothetically, as your question was asked hypothetically.

Suppose you had a choice: give up your guns, or lose a child to cancer? If you're like most parents, you'd keep the child and lose the guns.

You can see where I'm going. There are other things than guns, some things even more important.

Almost all gun-owners support the Second Amendment. Where they tend to disagree is on what other things may be just or more important.

Jim

#1 so giving up my guns will cure cancer
#2 I want my gun so they can't take it all
#3 again giving up my guns makes me healthy
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:13 AM

Health and safety vs liberty.

Easy choice.
Posted By: trap master

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:23 AM

Cause they're stupid, next question.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 03:27 AM

I am basically suspicious of any man so girly that Trump hurt his whittle feewings.

There, I said it
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
If you vote for either of the two main political parties, you're voting to have your guns taken away. One party will do it slower than the other, both both major political parties have a history of supporting gun control.

x2 we have liberals and a little less liberals !!! the 3.2 trillion stimioulous should have made the democrats blush !!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:11 AM

Jim

I'm not that selfish. But you never served did you?

Some things in life are more important than my own creature comforts.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:12 AM

Jim

I don’t want to get off the gun or trapping issue to make it political but I do see your point. However, this is the most important issue to me whether it is a good or bad thing.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:19 AM

The simple truth is most voters are no different than the average south vietnamese farmer my father told me about. They could've cared less who was running things in Saigon or Hanoi as long as they were left alone with their little village, rice paddy and water buffalo.
But some like myself studied history and have been to Dachau or stood at the wire looking into the Iron Curtain. The words NEVER AGAIN have meaning to us.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I am basically suspicious of any man so girly that Trump hurt his whittle feewings.

There, I said it

X2 I'm right there with you. I'd take a few mean tweets and $1.79 a gallon gas right about now!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

There, I said it

Trump offends James liberal ideology. He's as confused about his political ideology as he is about his lack of faith.

Who knows what will happen if you straddle a barb wire fence to long.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 06:05 AM

Trump is a psychopath. Yes, the idea of voting for him is offensive.

You guys can't defend Trump, so you attack me. Yawn.

Jim
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 06:30 AM

Go to bed Jamie. No ones attacking you, we’re only trying to open your eyes a little. You clearly couldn’t see Biden’s stance on 2A or Trumps legitimacy with the border wall. Alaska will suffer with no oil production on federal land after Trump worked to open our oil/mining/logging industries. Too blind to see that too I guess. What about when the keystone got axed and shortly after that our cruise ships got axed by the Canadians. Hard to see that from your pedestal?

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 09:30 AM

Jim

This is a great argument unless you substitute the word guns with freedom or liberty, which is what will happen without individual gun ownership.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Burn the witch!

Jim

Why James, that’s not like you to suggest something so cruel over a vote.

BC asked and it was answered. Nothing more.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by SE.Current
Go to bed Jamie. No ones attacking you, we’re only trying to open your eyes a little. You clearly couldn’t see Biden’s stance on 2A or Trumps legitimacy with the border wall. Alaska will suffer with no oil production on federal land after Trump worked to open our oil/mining/logging industries. Too blind to see that too I guess. What about when the keystone got axed and shortly after that our cruise ships got axed by the Canadians. Hard to see that from your pedestal?

Yep..

Best President we've had in our lifetimes. 100% for Americans and America's wellbeing unlike the others, but like they say...ya can't fix stupid.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 10:05 AM

I voted for Trump! And I will again soon!!

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by charles
Most people vote their pocketbook.

not much different than corporations selling out their own country for profit (their pocketbook).

seems to me, you're doing the same thing.

don't be surprised when you've "squandered your resistance for a pocketful of mumbles
Such are promises, all lies and jest. Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest, hmmm"

Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 10:41 AM

Years ago I had a boss that was hard core union and democrat.He was also a gun owner and hunter.He was trying to sell us on voting against the "Republican b#@$%&ds" and when somebody mentioned the dems voting record on gun control he said "it'll never happen "." Don't worry about what they say,they'll never take your guns".I've listened to similar sentiments before,they'll ignore or excuse the dems when it comes to some issues,the important thing to them is to keep the dems in power because they're convinced the Republicans are evil

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
Years ago I had a boss that was hard core union and democrat.He was also a gun owner and hunter.He was trying to sell us on voting against the "Republican b#@$%&ds" and when somebody mentioned the dems voting record on gun control he said "it'll never happen "." Don't worry about what they say,they'll never take your guns".I've listened to similar sentiments before,they'll ignore or excuse the dems when it comes to some issues,the important thing to them is to keep the dems in power because they're convinced the Republicans are evil

not because they're evil (that's just the schtick)...because Dems keep the money flowing into union coffers, and union coffers keep the money flowing into Dems' pockets; and Dems keep the money flowing into union coffers...
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 10:50 AM

Jim

He may be, but he was able to do the job. That's all that matters. That's a polite response. I didn't attack you. All better?
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 11:10 AM

Maybe they just say they do so they get attention on here.
If I come on tman and whine every day will it help or change anything?

Constant whining gets old.
Like someone complaining ALL THE TIME.

Wait, I think I'm whining lol.

I hope youns can have a good day.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 11:14 AM

Jim

I thought you were a counselor, not a psychiatrist. You may be a psychopath, who knows, but calling Trump one is a sign of jealousy.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 11:17 AM

Trump may, or may not be a psychopath, I'm not a psychiatrist, and neither is anyone else here,...but most of the politicians on both sides are power hungry, corrupt, liars, and otherwise useless individuals. Probably a few actual psychopaths in there as well.

So tell me, How bad was trump really????

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 11:43 AM

i just want to have as much freedom when its my turn to die as i had when i was born

biden trump obamma bush clinton bush reagon carter ford nixon johnson kennedy couldnt have cared less about individual liberty.

they did/do all have one thing in common and that is/was the quest for bigger more powerful government

the greatest threat our nation has is the fact that citizens look for government to solve all their problems and prevent anything bad from happening to them

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 11:56 AM

Move into one of the many cities that don't enforce the laws you don't like Danny. Cities like Portland, Seattle and Chicago have the freedoms your after.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:09 PM

no argument hippie so you just make a senseless comment? you would look less foolish if you just kept quiet

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
i just want to have as much freedom when its my turn to die as i had when i was born

you're going to die a disappointed, old man.

that ship has sailed MANY moons ago.

best we can hope/work for is to set the stage for future generations.

but until we get control of the education system, it's a fool's errand.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
no argument hippie so you just make a senseless comment? you would look less foolish if you just kept quiet

Just a look at what you want, no argument needed.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 12:29 PM

but until we get control of the education system, it's a fool's errand

Yet a parent has way more influence on a child than a teacher. if they choose to use that influence. brings us back to citizens who want government to have more control so government can protect them from bad things

how many times have you heard someone say zoning laws are a good thing to protect peoples investment in real estate? same thing for clean lawn ordinances.

gun laws, lawn care laws etc are all being enforced in portland. they just quit enforcing theft and murder laws. when i was born theft and murder were not only illegal but even shoplifting was still a crime and enforced by both L.E. and judges. Same with gas drive offs.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wright Brothers

Maybe they just say they do so they get attention on here.
If I come on tman and whine every day will it help or change anything?

Constant whining gets old.
Like someone complaining ALL THE TIME.

Wait, I think I'm whining lol.

I hope youns can have a good day.

“Youns” lol. I miss Pittsburghese talk.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by SE.Current

^^^ like
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/18/21 05:33 PM

You just need to remember that people believed Barry actually did something good in those 8 years and was the best we ever had without any scandals because he said so it’s that easy it looks like. crazy
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/19/21 02:54 AM

Jim

Which election and which candidates were involved in the above mentioned situations, James? I don't remember anything like that since I've been old enough to vote.

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/19/21 03:09 AM

You know, the ones where we were told republicans wanted to push granny off the cliff, starve school children, start WWIII, etc.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/19/21 06:48 AM

49er said a mouthful. Without liberty everything else is meaningless.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Why do gun owners, trappers keep voting for - 06/19/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by trap master
Cause they're stupid, next question.

Yup
© 2024 Trapperman Forums