Home

McClosky took a plea deal

Posted By: warrior

McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 07:12 PM

Posted By: Law Dog

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 07:25 PM

Pled guilty to misdemeanors and gave up their guns just lawyer games it’s a win for both sides the city looks like it did something and the lawyer gets out of a fake felony they dreamed up. Smoke and mirrors nothing more then that really.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 07:28 PM

He's running for U.S. Senator, supposedly, but for what side...?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 08:02 PM

I was so whizzed about this I screamed at the TV for 10 min when I heard it.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 08:27 PM

Sold their souls to keep from paying out a fortune to defend their rights. Sure not someone I would vote to represent me.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 09:35 PM

Pure B.S.
Posted By: Jasper69

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 10:43 PM

Dig deeper gentlemen.
Posted By: trap master

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/18/21 11:18 PM

The governor said months ago he would pardon them.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 12:56 AM

sick
Posted By: Posco

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 01:00 AM

Says he's going to buy another AR when the smoke clears. I wouldn't vote for him.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by trap master
The governor said months ago he would pardon them.

Will he do it now that they plead guilty.
Posted By: Marty

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 04:09 AM

pair of losers..
Posted By: SwiftKIll

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 07:16 AM

Their Lawyers what did you expect? You can tell neither of them know crap about guns. They'll make perfect Democratic candidates.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 12:15 PM

I thought for a minute they had caught the "Gator".
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Originally Posted by SwiftKIll
Their Lawyers what did you expect? You can tell neither of them know crap about guns. They'll make perfect Democratic candidates.

He's running as a republican. He claims to be a lifelong republican.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 02:06 PM

Just more B.S. in my book.
Posted By: hippie

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

Originally Posted by SwiftKIll

He's running as a republican. He claims to be a lifelong republican.

Your funny, you miss the Lawyers part??
Posted By: drasselt

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 03:15 PM

Here you can show somebody your gun but if you point it at them it becomes assault. I think.
When I first saw the video of that lady waving that snubbie towards that crowd of jackapples it seemed to me she was pushing it. So it doesn't surprise me much that there were charges of some sort. If they had just stood out front of their house, weapons drawn but not pointing them at anyone they probably would have been fine.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by drasselt
Here you can show somebody your gun but if you point it at them it becomes assault. I think.
When I first saw the video of that lady waving that snubbie towards that crowd of jackapples it seemed to me she was pushing it. So it doesn't surprise me much that there were charges of some sort. If they had just stood out front of their house, weapons drawn but not pointing them at anyone they probably would have been fine.

If we actually lived in the real world I'd say there might be be justification for charges if she had actually shot someone, and then only maybe.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 05:16 PM

She could not have shot anybody with the fake gun she was waving around. He don't stand a chance of getting elected with the candidates that are running for the same office. Couple of nimrod lawyers.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 05:26 PM

Pretty sure she looked like she was protecting her property in a gated community, the way she handled the gun was scary but they put her in that position to begin with. She still has a house now, had the fools burnt the place down then nobody would of went to court.

They are looking at the long game is all if challenged in court and they lose the options narrow greatly depending on it being a Felony, Class I or Il misdemeanor having no real impact on your record they probably pled to. It’s not a bad move if the system is stacked against them to take a guaranteed the lowest charges that mean little down the road.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 05:56 PM

I read that along with fines of $750 for him and $2000 for her; they had to surrender their guns.

I don't know if that means:
  • just the guns in question
  • all of their guns
  • right to own guns
It really has me wondering considering they were promised a pardon if convicted.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 06:10 PM

Can’t take your right to own a gun for a misdemeanor charge the charge they pled to was not firearms related from what I have read. If the plea was to give up the guns they took from them so the prosecutor looks tough in doing so. Sounds like the charges are low level speeding ticket level stuff.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 06:18 PM

Can’t take your right to own a gun for a misdemeanor charge

Some misdemeanors they can and do. any domestic violence. domestic violence can now be yelling. its called verbal assault. it can also be spanking.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 09:50 PM

They were charged with no charges of violence or gun related issues, yes domestic violence has enhanced restrictions if convicted. From the post I read it was a minor nuisance charge just a “they had to charge them with something” to do the plea deal. I’ll need to look at it again but misdemeanors won’t get you to prison or any jail time in many cases.

Just legal smoke and mirror dog and pony lawyer stuff.
Posted By: keets

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 11:33 PM

them DA's like to get ANYTHING on your record...just to use it in the future....ANYTHING...happens in the future...now you have a repeat "problem"
Posted By: white marlin

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/19/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
domestic violence can now be yelling. its called verbal assault. it can also be spanking.

uh oh!
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 12:08 AM

Perfect Republican canidates. Act like they are tough and fighting but then cave and give them what they want when things get difficult.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 12:45 AM

pretty tough/insane to fight the full weight of the US Govt.

would YOU be up to the task?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 12:56 AM

I was always taught if you shoot a bear or lion in self defense you better need stitches. I dont think brandishing a firearm in that fashion was very smart . For starters, they were out in the open. Easy targets for anyone who did want to harm them.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 03:26 AM

Being a lawyer a felony would of cost him his job and hurt his run for public office that he aspires to maybe in the future. He skated any real charges and the worthless prosecutor got 2 guns out of the deal win win for both of them.
Posted By: Boco

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 03:29 AM

He should have just shot at their feet and told them to dance.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
He should have just shot at their feet and told them to dance.

That’s out West stuff get it together! LOL
Posted By: HayDay

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/20/21 12:07 PM

I could see the plea deal for the actions, but he lost me when they gave up the guns.

Prosecutor Kim Gardner is herself on the hot seat for running a corrupt and activist agenda and this is letting her off the hook for this egregious action. If he wanted to have any chance at all in his senate run, should have been in HER face, not slinking out the back door.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/21/21 01:48 AM

Smoke and mirrors legal BS.
[Linked Image]

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/21/21 02:34 AM

This weeks vivafrei youtube podcast with Robert Barnes goes into pretty good detail on the legal risks and strategy and honestly I can't say I blame the McCloskeys for taking the deal. They never should have been charged in the first place. It's a two hour podcast but the McCloskeys are discussed in the second segment.

While a possible pardon was on the table it was only good for as long as the governor was in office. No guarantee if he will win reelection, probably will but no guarantee.
No preemptive pardon in MO, pardon can only be given after conviction.
No guarantee a trial would be scheduled before governor left office.
A trial jury would be selected in liberal St Louis.
Even with a pardon, a felony conviction would place their law licenses at risk due to facts found at trial.
The special prosecutor was never going to drop charges, period. They had to save face from the mess the first prosecutor had put them in.
The Senate run may be a pressure tactic on the prosecutor.
The deal allows the prosecution to claim a win while removing all risks for the McCloskys. Everyone involved takes home a win.

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/21/21 02:35 AM

Posted By: Boco

Re: McClosky took a plea deal - 06/21/21 02:38 AM

Phony-polo shirt says it all.
Should be wearing a rambo camo shirt.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums