Home

How did you celebrate Juneteenth?

Posted By: KeithC

How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:23 PM

How did you celebrate the new federal holiday of Juneteenth today?

The local news praised biden for dropping to his knees and groveling before a black woman.

At least some foodbanks closed for the new holiday, which probably dampened the festivities.

I worked hard all day to pay for worthless Americans benefits. Hopefully the American taxpayers will be emancipated too.

Keith
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:26 PM

Another made up holiday.
Posted By: run

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:27 PM

If the food banks closed, I am cool with this holiday.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:27 PM

I ignored it. Haven’t even looked it up, so I have no idea what it is.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:28 PM

I spent most of the day mowing the lawn.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:31 PM

What is this Juneteenth you speak of?

WS
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:34 PM

I love it. We should never miss a chance to remind everyone this is the day slaves heard Republicans had freed them from their Democrat masters.
Posted By: warrior

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:41 PM

And remind them it took the government two years to deliver the message.
Posted By: run

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oleo Acres
I love it. We should never miss a chance to remind everyone this is the day slaves heard Republicans had freed them from their Democrat masters.

Good one.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:45 PM

Seems like who was responsible got mixed up and confused by a large present of fomerslaves and descendants. It seems they think it was done by the other party.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:47 PM

I went looking for some immigrants to help tend my fields.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:55 PM

Just another appeasement like Marten Luther King day.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/18/21 11:57 PM

So we are taking down statues that remind them of slavery and creating a holiday to remind them of slavery?

Okay.

It was a slow day for me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:03 AM

slaves were not freed by the presidents executive order (emancipation proclamation) They were not freed untill a constitutional ammendment 2 years after the executive order.

I have no problem celebrating the freeing of American slaves. Should have been a holiday a long time ago. Be a cold day in that hot place when I celebrate a president assuming authority he does not have.

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=40

The 13th amendment, which formally abolished slavery in the United States, passed the Senate on April 8, 1864, and the House on January 31, 1865. On February 1, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln approved the Joint Resolution of Congress submitting the proposed amendment to the state legislatures. The necessary number of states ratified it by December 6, 1865. The 13th amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

In 1863 President Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation declaring “all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free.” Nonetheless, the Emancipation Proclamation did not end slavery in the nation. Lincoln recognized that the Emancipation Proclamation would have to be followed by a constitutional amendment in order to guarantee the abolishment of slavery
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:07 AM

Went to work as usual
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:13 AM

Talked to the kids about it. We talked about how America rocks, and always has, but that doesn't mean we're perfect. We talked about the stain of slavery and why disgusting people partook in it, and about how freeing the slaves was the biggest leap in freedom our country has ever taken.

We also talked about natural rights, and how while the slaves were "freed", that nobody ever had a right to own them in the first place, and as such, the emancipation proclamation wasn't actually necessary.. The slaves had a natural right to not be someone else's property and to not be forced into labor, and would have been free to fight such things as they saw fit, regardless of the laws of the time.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:18 AM

Which teenth are we talking about? Isn't the holiday slated for tomorrow? This whole thing is confusing! crazy
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:19 AM

I worked like a slave !! grin

More than half of the recipients of the new Federal holiday " paid not to work " are white .........that's gotta chap some people. laugh

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

I doubt it. I bet you got paid for your work, nobody whipped you, and nobody was gonna cut off your toes if you ran away. And I bet nobody sold your kids as breeding stock either.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

I doubt it. I bet you got paid for your work, nobody whipped you, and nobody was gonna cut off your toes if you ran away. And I bet nobody sold your kids as breeding stock either.

Same goes for every living person in America , Einstein

What gives ?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:37 AM

I went to the Dr.got another covid test since I noticed I had no sense of smell or tast yesterday. Then came home and mowed, bush hogged, and weed ate for the first time in 3 weeks. Had not had the chance between the rain and flu last week.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:38 AM

When is the government going to honor or even recognize the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers that were killed and maimed in the Civil War to free the slaves. We all know it will never be. In fact, many of the people celebrating this so called new holiday probably don’t even know a civil war occurred.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
When is the government going to honor or even recognize the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers that were killed and maimed in the Civil War to free the slaves. We all know it will never be. In fact, many of the people celebrating this so called new holiday probably don’t even know a civil war occurred.

You know that there's many monuments built to honor and recognize the American soldiers that died in the civil war, right?
Posted By: Posco

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:59 AM

It's a leftist celebration of our dreadful past, an annual excuse to tear the scab off of wounds that should have healed long ago.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:01 AM

You know that there's many monuments built to honor and recognize the American soldiers that died in the civil war, right?

Didn’t they try and destroy a bunch of those in the past year? The same people that are so excited about this new holiday!
Posted By: Squash

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:06 AM

Yeah and BLM and Antifa terrorists defaced many of those monuments, like Revolutionary War Hero Kosciuszcko, who donated his entire estate to help educate freed slaves.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:07 AM

And fought and died to do it. I agree, the liberators should have a day!

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:09 AM

I know that. I visited Gettysburg many times. I was referring to liberal politicians like the ones in charge of this country now. I never once in my entire life, past or present, heard any of them publicly praise the soldiers who did it all and make it possible for Juneteenth to ever happen. Of course, the reason is the soldiers were white, at least most of them, which is a taboo subject now due to their skin color.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:51 AM

^fair enough. My apologies to you and antigov if I seemed rude, I just finished talking to the kids about it all and we were all wound up. I'm feeling much better now grin
Posted By: corky

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:52 AM

Cut the grass, cleaned gutters and washed the truck. Typical day of my retirement.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:04 AM

Baled 5 fields of coastal bermuda. Saw deer and groundhogs from tractor and no people except on the roads. Nothing broke down. Overall a pretty good day. Also learned on here my birthday is the same as coonmans.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:06 AM

I spent the day working.

I am waiting for the Feds to make Kwanza official too as part of the pandering tour. Oh yeah, and reparations are coming and Juneteenth is a step in that direction.

This pandering is going to backfire. We've done plenty already.
Posted By: Supergoose

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:10 AM

I went down to park and read poetry and sang Juneteenth carols to the plants and bushes. Just like every other Friday afternoon.
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:10 AM

Well I guess that explains the email I got telling me I had to work an extra shift because my family came here from Mississippi after the civil war.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:23 AM

I celebrated with an elk steak and only put in 11 hours today, same as tommorow and the next day and the next day. Disclaimer -- temps supposed to rise, It may not be only 11 hours the next few days. P.S -- I don't get elk every day -- sometimes I have to eat venison grin
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:08 AM

The liberal, radical left is a dumb collective. If they just nibbled and paced themselves and thought it out, the country would be theirs soon enough. But they want immediate gratification and changed out of their running shoes into their stomping boots way too soon
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:10 AM

Went to work. Worked on things and stuff. Came home to relax and will work again tomorrow on my day off from my Joe job.

Happy holiday to those who seek one.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
The liberal, radical left is a dumb collective. If they just nibbled and paced themselves and thought it out, the country would be theirs soon enough. But they want immediate gratification and changed out of their running shoes into their stomping boots way too soon

Generic comment that could be from any thread.
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:33 AM

I don’t see anything wrong with the holiday. In fact it’s day freedom was greatly enhanced for people after that day. Why not celebrate the day? Just because it’s a liberal idea doesn’t mean it’s bad (though almost all their ideas are).
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:41 AM

Read a book, mowed the grass.
Posted By: adam m

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:13 AM

Supporting local businesses and traveling to the mountains for a funeral, kids playing in the river, hot springs loving life all in high 90's ending with a short heavy rain and high winds all at 6700'
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:40 AM

Worked from 6am to 9:30pm I’m spent

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee

Now that's a long day right there .

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:53 AM

Now that's a long day right there .

It is definately a long day ---=- are you a farmer/ rancher. If you are you should be used to it by now. Ever notice how on some jobs 8 hours can seem like an eternity and how on others 13,14.16 is the "normal" . That being said, I've had some 6 hour days that kicked my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) , and some 14's that I was ready to go out and party after.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:54 AM

Harvest time Antigov and irrigation season I’m still up just to wind down

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:59 AM

Harvest time Antigov and irrigation season I’m still up just to wind down

We are just starting harvest here and I work in irrigation service. I'm ready for harvest to hit full bore. will calm my paying job down so that I can start farming again. At this point there is a light at the end of the tunnel -- just not sure if it's the end of the tunnel or a train coming at me. grin
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 05:23 AM

Why do these comments not suprise me whistle
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
slaves were not freed by the presidents executive order (emancipation proclamation) They were not freed untill a constitutional ammendment 2 years after the executive order.

I have no problem celebrating the freeing of American slaves. Should have been a holiday a long time ago. Be a cold day in that hot place when I celebrate a president assuming authority he does not have.

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=40

The 13th amendment, which formally abolished slavery in the United States, passed the Senate on April 8, 1864, and the House on January 31, 1865. On February 1, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln approved the Joint Resolution of Congress submitting the proposed amendment to the state legislatures. The necessary number of states ratified it by December 6, 1865. The 13th amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

In 1863 President Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation declaring “all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free.” Nonetheless, the Emancipation Proclamation did not end slavery in the nation. Lincoln recognized that the Emancipation Proclamation would have to be followed by a constitutional amendment in order to guarantee the abolishment of slavery

This right here! So many people dont know the difference between the 13th amendment and the EP. As far as being a holiday, I think its a very American, freedom loving holiday and is overdue. We can get rid of personal holidays like MLK, Columbus and Washington.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 08:26 AM

No celebrating but no work either lol
Went walleye fishing in the morning caught four keepers
Went to the cemetery down the road and found two graves from civil war heros both were limestone and hard to read but the vets had placed bronze plaques for them.
Finished the day up hoeing the garden and watering
Also check in trapperman throughout the day making comments and reading
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:12 AM

I didnt celebrate,i worked as always.
Posted By: garart

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:16 AM

Worked it, at a fed. gov. facility., Should be a good boost o that pay-check.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:45 AM

I worked.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

I guess I can agree with you....But I get tired of my face being rubbed in something I and at least 2 generations before me had nothing to do with.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:50 AM

i see it as a celebration of freedom. not face rubbing. i suspect bidet sees it as proof he has precedence for declaring law like the king he wants to be
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:57 AM

Put a new floor in an out building, made some batches of bait, started painting a big out building that needed it, re hung a shed door that was sagging a bit, cleaned out my fur board shed and tried to organize it somewhat, tended to my giant sunflowers that needed tied up on support poles.

What holiday is this? I don't watch much TV or listen to the news..
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 12:59 PM

June 13 was the day the Army freed the last of the slaves in Galveston TX the Army was sent down to do it after the rest of the country had already been free for 2 years.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:25 PM

Another day we don't get mail. Another day federal employees get pay for not working or double pay if they do work.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:35 PM

Spent the day listening to patients and staff in the Acute Rehab, Neonatal Intensive Care, and Post Partum units.
No one I met mentioned being on a holiday.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:40 PM

Another day governmentally employed people get paid to do nothing.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:55 PM

Just figured it out,why they set this date for a national holiday. To many people were feeling left out of celebrating Father's Day.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 01:58 PM

Missed it I seen some talk about Juneteenth but didn't realize what it was Do all countries have a day to recognize freeing of Slaves
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:03 PM

Day off work then a NRA dinner with my step dad

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Originally Posted by Rat_Pack

Generic comment that could be from any thread.

But also true.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
Just figured it out,why they set this date for a national holiday. To many people were feeling left out of celebrating Father's Day.

Lol
Posted By: SJA

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 03:42 PM

grin
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.
I don’t see anything wrong with the holiday. In fact it’s day freedom was greatly enhanced for people after that day. Why not celebrate the day? Just because it’s a liberal idea doesn’t mean it’s bad (though almost all their ideas are).

Its been a local holiday in Texas and other states for a while. Most people outside of that never have heard of it as a holiday, nor the story behind it until last year. I doubt most people even know the story today or will care to look it up.

My thing is...why now?
Posted By: Boco

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 05:24 PM

That is not a word.No such word as Juneteenth.
Teenth denotes a day not a month.Serious lack of education in the english language somewhere.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 05:29 PM

Did not know about the Tulsa massacre either until this year and I’m a history buff that was covered well for a long time I’d say.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 06:31 PM

I am tired of hearing about Tulsa. Did history record it wrong until the world went woke? Probably. But it's time to move on. I didn't drop kerosene bombs from a bi-plane on anybody.

This is all leading to reparations--as if we haven't already paid them.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 09:05 PM

I was gonna drink a dark beer but figured that would be racist so I had a white one instead.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 09:08 PM

So if reparations become a reality( which i doubt) will the descendants of black slave owners pay or receive?
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 09:47 PM

So how did you celebrate the holiday?
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 09:57 PM

I went to work like a normal day. My biggest problem with the holiday.. they could have called it something better than juneteenth..
Posted By: Savell

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:16 PM

... drank some malt liquor, fried up some drumsticks, went fishin with a switch cane pole and kept all the under sized bream... then looted the dollar general. Plan on finding a porch close to a road and watch cars go by next .

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:33 PM

Worked on my cabin a bit and spent some time talking to my daughter about arranging a trip down to Charlotte to see my grandkids. This is one of my granddaughters and one of my grandsons. Did I mention I despise politicians that seek to divide us? I most certainly do despise them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:47 PM

Fixed a boat
Posted By: charles

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 10:51 PM

I have had a headache all day. Not even a trip to the gunshop cured it.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by charles

That must have been a really bad headache. Hope ya feel better soon.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:43 PM

I just pulled all the plants in my garden to make room for the weeds to grow
That's where we are headed.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Worked on my cabin a bit and spent some time talking to my daughter about arranging a trip down to Charlotte to see my grandkids. This is one of my granddaughters and one of my grandsons. Did I mention I despise politicians that seek to divide us? I most certainly do despise them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Solid

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Oh man. It might be terminal. I'd get that checked out.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/19/21 11:56 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Me too -- I have never judged anyone because of anything other than their character. I am however starting to judge people based on their political affiliation, my bad , I shouldn't. It is not for me to judge , but I have a hard time supporting anyone that wants destroy my way of life. I know there might be a couple of good politicians and lawyers out there. grin
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 12:02 AM

It's just another day on the calendar. My life didn't change from it.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 02:09 AM

Pick-a-150-something-year-old-scab "holiday" as far as I can figure.
Now I need to figure out how this holiday is supposed to enhance healing rather than further divide us.
I am still a racist, however. I am hatin' the white Democrats for destroying the black family, and for judging ALL people based on the color of their skin rather than on the content of their character.
Posted By: 1oldforester

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 02:57 AM

Chicken and waffles for dinner, followed by two quarts of malt liquor.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 03:31 AM

No different then St Patrick’s day or Cinco de Mayo day really just got a political boost for votes.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 03:38 AM

Put a 50% down pmt on a forever retirement home will pay balance to zero next month. Guess I’m living in white privilege ...... OH! Wait I remember now! I worked my tail off in hot sweaty cold freezing weekends and nights at a downright deadly dangerous job for many years and every thing I have I earned. Convince me I’m wrong. Have gladly worked with people of a wide variety of ethnicities got along fine, we knew our job and knew failure could result in a great big smoking black spot. Didn’t care what color they are, call me a hater.
Did not know that Juneteenth was made a fed holiday and DON’T CARE ! Tell me I’m wrong. Since everything I’ve done I did without any government aid or grants or programs. I feel justified in saying that anyone with an average level of intelligence and a willingness to work hard can do the same thing. I just don’t have time for the
Gimme Gimme crowd. Rant over.
Posted By: DWC

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 03:59 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You better be framin that one and label it 2021. Liberals would not want to see that right now-it would go against the narrative. Show it to them someday in a few years and explain to them the division taking place when it was taken. Thats good stuff.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 04:03 AM

I didnt celebrate nor observer this holiday
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 04:15 AM

I guess I wasn't paying attention. I knew it was going to be considered a Federal holiday,but I didn't know it was starting this year. And to think --I missed it.
Tom
Posted By: decoy

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 04:29 AM

Spent 5 hrs with my 41 year ole son who came home for a week break from the oil fields in N.Dakota. Had a great visit and learned alot about his job from being there 10 years and how they can't find any workers and if they do they are lazy and are hazard to the work place. Had nice breakfast and he helped get some items outa my storage area. Spent the rest of the day with my sweetie of 59 years on the porch relaxing and watching the birds on the feeders. Holiday? woops, didn't realize but any thing Joe does is political and looking for votes from what I have seen. God I miss Trump.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 04:59 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The democrats are terrible people. They so badly want to control the black and other minority votes, that they seek to constantly divide Americans by bringing up old wrongs, that are no longer being committed, to keep minorities angry. They shame white people, blaming them for those old wrongs that they and most likely, even their ancestors didn't commit. The most despicable thing they do is teach young black children that they should not even try, because everyone is against them.

The concept of race is bizarre. Any discernible "black" or other nonwhite traits make one a member of another race, even if that person is mostly Caucasian. The democrats are basically saying any nonwhite blood corrupts a person and makes them less competent and sets all whites against them.

The shaming of white children right now by the democrats is abhorrent. Being white is not bad either.

Posco's grandkids naturally love and respect each other. They share ancestry that goes back beyond the human race. The democrats are going to do their best to make them hate each other. They will tell his grandson that he is deserving of reparations and special treatment because of what may have happened to his black ancestors. They will penalize his granddaughter for what her ancestors might have done to black people. They will ignore the fact that the children are innocent of the transgressions of their ancestors. They will say the girl has inherited family privileges, ignoring that the boy is of the same family.

People should be judged by their abilities and character.

Keith

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 10:10 AM

Good post Keith.
Respect for others does not come as easily as pride, envy, greed, and so forth.
Culture has always proclaimed it has a way to make all things perfect.
That claim is absolutely, positively, false.

Humble hearts aren't made.
They're regenerated.

We sure could use a whole lot more regenerating in our nation.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
No different then St Patrick’s day or Cinco de Mayo day really just got a political boost for votes.

It's different than St. Patricks day or Cinco de Mayo. St.Patricks day celebrates something that happened in Ireland, Cinco de mayo celebrates something that happened in Mexico. Neither are American holidays, though some Americans celebrate them. Juneteenth is an American holiday, or maybe it'd be more accurately called a commemoration,of a great accomplishment in America.

And I don't think anyone is going to change their vote now that Juneteenth is a holiday. That just doesn't make sense.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 11:47 AM

Another federal holiday. That makes what, about 115 of them? Very meaningful.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 12:09 PM

Just another day for me, still have to pay for the free loaders and I do not mean ammo.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 12:12 PM

It's different than St. Patricks day or Cinco de Mayo. St.Patricks day celebrates something that happened in Ireland, Cinco de mayo celebrates something that happened in Mexico. Neither are American holidays, though some Americans celebrate them. Juneteenth is an American holiday, or maybe it'd be more accurately called a commemoration,of a great accomplishment in America.

And I don't think anyone is going to change their vote now that Juneteenth is a holiday. That just doesn't make sense.

So the same but different your saying! LMAO All special days to the people that celebrate them for whatever reasons they have.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 12:31 PM

^all Americans should be able to celebrate celebrate, or at least commemorate, America becoming a more perfect union, especially such a huge leap towards that goal.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 02:16 PM

I worked but I don't begrudge anyone celebrating anything I guess. As far as Fed's getting a day off that is just one day less for them to mess something up
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 02:35 PM

Just means I have less to do at work, lol. With all State and Fed building closed, which is the majority of my work, I basically get a “paid” day off.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 03:31 PM

Not the same.... neither of those 2 days are federal holidays in which we pay federal employees to sit at home.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 04:01 PM

I disagree. The IRA (BLM) isn't marching in parades, demanding all non-irish to pay them money (reparations) and erecting statues of dead beat criminals (George Floyd).

This has nothing to do with the end of slavery.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 05:40 PM

yotetrapper30

Not the same.... neither of those 2 days are federal holidays in which we pay federal employees to sit at home.

That aint much different than what most of them do at "work".

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

I don't doubt the decent motives for some who support the holiday but I also don't doubt the motives for others who'll use it as an annual means of maintaining voter rolls and registration. Cynical white liberals are the black communities worst enemy.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 05:57 PM

People have litterly been celebrating this since it happened like it's just seem to me eveyone has their panties Inna wad because it's now a federal holiday.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 06:28 PM

People have litterly been celebrating this since it happened like it's just seem to me eveyone has their panties Inna wad because it's now a federal holiday.

There are people in this world who have more interest in keeping us divided than they do seeing us come together. That's some of the heartburn you're witnessing.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 06:57 PM

There are people in this world who have more interest in keeping us divided than they do seeing us come together. That's some of the heartburn you're witnessing.

How would celebrating freedom be trying to keep people divided?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:04 PM

We can celebrate Juneteenth, but it’s ok for others to destroy anything Southern? Guess I’m just not woke enough to understand.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:08 PM

Some people can’t separate the 2 things and most don’t want to really, they like to generalize things. The holiday is there’s to celebrate the holiday politics are a different issue just the Democrats looking for votes.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:30 PM

I'm going to have to get gubbemint job with all these paid holidays.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
We can celebrate Juneteenth, but it’s ok for others to destroy anything Southern? Guess I’m just not woke enough to understand.

I’d be more upset with the people that let that stuff keep happening, they are the ones that can be replaced!
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:45 PM

Yeah, my panties are inna wad.

It has nothing to do with the basis of the holiday.

It has a lot to do with with the process of which Biden reaches into a hat and pulls out a paid holiday when we can't pay for all the other stuff he/they have pushed through.

I say celebrate! Just don't ask me to pay for it. I know, too late. Panties still inna wad.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

I don't doubt the decent motives for some who support the holiday but I also don't doubt the motives for others who'll use it as an annual means of maintaining voter rolls and registration. Cynical white liberals are the black communities worst enemy.

People are gullible. That why they do this stuff

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I'm going to have to get gubbemint job with all these paid holidays.

Not if we get more stimulus checks.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:01 PM

I’d like to know where this Federal Holiday came from, it seemed like boom is was done. I never heard about it being a Federal holiday before that so was it passed by Congress or just a EO signed by old Joe?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:06 PM

Passed by congress and the Senate voted unanimously.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:10 PM

^all Americans should be able to celebrate celebrate, or at least commemorate, America becoming a more perfect union, especially such a huge leap towards that goal.

Tell me how Juneteenth is celebrating a huge leap towards becoming a more perfect union. It's as politically divisive now as it was 150+ years ago. The Democrats want to keep driving a wedge between the races. Jackson and Sharpton have made a nice living off racial division. And Louis Farrakhan is on a whole other level. Juneteenth is nothing more than a political ploy.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:12 PM

Trump did a lot for African Americans and carried on things that Juneteenth day represents. I wonder if you all would be as butthurt if Donny made it a holiday rather than old Joe.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:14 PM

Was there an earlier precedent, a national holiday, that moved America towards becoming a perfect union?
They could at least give it a name that describes what the dickens it represents. Juneteenth sounds like something by hobbo 7th grade teacher, Mr. Robbins, came up with.
He drank so he slurred his words a lot in class.
We always waited for him to nap about 30 minutes into class so the spit-wad wars could continue.

grin

Ah, the good old days.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky

Tell me how Juneteenth is celebrating a huge leap towards becoming a more perfect union. It's as politically divisive now as it was 150+ years ago. The Democrats want to keep driving a wedge between the races. Jackson and Sharpton have made a nice living off racial division. And Louis Farrakhan is on a whole other level. Juneteenth is nothing more than a political ploy.

Sneaky, can you tell me a time in our countrie's history when we've.made a bigger jump towards freedom?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:18 PM

^^^^ I'll weigh in.
Independence Day, the day some are now calling to abolish.
I wouldn't make July 4th plans for 2023 and beyond.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 08:44 PM

Who are you talking about Mark June? First I heard of anyone wanting to end the July 4 celebrations. Probably be best if they dont try to stop me.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/20/21 10:42 PM

Already grumbling of how two national Holidays will be stacked so close together.
NYT and other editorials all paint this as;
July 4th celebrates the Anglo-European freedom from the Brits.
Juneteenth celebrates the emancipation of the slaves in Texas.

BLM says that Juneteenth takes precedence.
I doubt this debate goes dormant since we live in times where the entrenched is dug out by the roots.
I guess we'll see.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 12:06 AM

Here's the latest from coddled America

[Linked Image]

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 12:11 AM

I get why people want to celebrate the end of slavery. I dont have a problem with it. At all. I believe in individual freedom.

If those people celebrating the end of slavery want to stop the celebration of our separation from the british royals I really do hope they stay away from me. I will celebrate anyway.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 12:24 AM

The people empowering the dolts on the left will enslave the world. That's where this is headed.
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 01:04 AM

I worked.

I guess I wasn't paying attention while they made that a national holiday. Friggin great!

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 03:10 AM

We may be the Last of the Mohicans.

I really enjoy that movie.
But not how it ends for Chief.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Trump did a lot for African Americans and carried on things that Juneteenth day represents. I wonder if you all would be as butthurt if Donny made it a holiday rather than old Joe.

See I was gonna say this buuuut..... Again it's been a holiday people have been doing this for a loooong time. It has just been made up in the last 5min because y'all haven't heard about it. Honestly if they just outta know where made up a Holiday called Confederate free life or something to shut up eveyone whining about stature being moved then that would be good right ? Or if they mad one for the emancipation of Irish slaves because as we all know " the Irish where treated worse !" Then who here would be complaining?

And no before anyone says it I don't celebrate it ,I'm not a democrat, I voted for orange boy first go round, yadda yadda yadda I just find the constant regurgitation of the same stuff constantly just ugh whistle

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 03:35 AM

I'm "butthurt" as you put it Pike River because they made another paid holiday that us who produce real goods will have to pay for.

When will it stop? When people only have to work 6 months out of the year?\\

Create a new holiday, cancel an old one and then I'm all in.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 04:09 AM

Tell me how Juneteenth is celebrating a huge leap towards becoming a more perfect union. It's as politically divisive now as it was 150+ years ago. The Democrats want to keep driving a wedge between the races. Jackson and Sharpton have made a nice living off racial division. And Louis Farrakhan is on a whole other level. Juneteenth is nothing more than a political ploy. [/quote]
Sneaky, can you tell me a time in our countrie's history when we've.made a bigger jump towards freedom? [/quote]
Sure, 1776. We made THE leap of all leaps. There was much more at stake then than ther was in 1865, or now. Hate to burst your liberal bubble but this doesn't even compare to the initial break from the Brits.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 09:27 AM

See I was gonna say this buuuut..... Again it's been a holiday people have been doing this for a loooong time. It has just been made up in the last 5min because y'all haven't heard about it. Honestly if they just outta know where made up a Holiday called Confederate free life or something to shut up eveyone whining about stature being moved then that would be good right ? Or if they mad one for the emancipation of Irish slaves because as we all know " the Irish where treated worse !" Then who here would be complaining?

And no before anyone says it I don't celebrate it ,I'm not a democrat, I voted for orange boy first go round, yadda yadda yadda I just find the constant regurgitation of the same stuff constantly just ugh whistle

People have been celebrating this holiday for a long time and it’s good that it’s finally recognized. Just watch though someone will comment again shortly about how it’s “made up by the liberals”. So I guess both sides ignore facts when it’s convenient.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 10:11 AM

I just find the constant regurgitation of the same stuff constantly just ugh whistle

I think you’re catching on.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 10:23 AM

I personally doubt that the 4th of July will get cancelled or that reparations will be paid.

How do you pay reparations for a couple three centuries of slavery? What would be a proper figure? People from the WWII internment camps got 20,000 for their three years. So 20,000 a 1,000,000? 10,000,000?

What a ridiculous idea. Who will profit from such a plan? The 22 year old with 5 kids who is the product of generational welfare? That money wont stay in her hands very long. If it happens it will be because of the people who know they will really be the profiteers. Kinda like food stamps. Who really gets the benefit? The local piggly wiggly or the 22 year old with 5 kids?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 10:50 AM

I personally doubt that the 4th of July will get cancelled or that reparations will be paid.

How do you pay reparations for a couple three centuries of slavery? What would be a proper figure? People from the WWII internment camps got 20,000 for their three years. So 20,000 a 1,000,000? 10,000,000?

What a ridiculous idea. Who will profit from such a plan? The 22 year old with 5 kids who is the product of generational welfare? That money wont stay in her hands very long. If it happens it will be because of the people who know they will really be the profiteers. Kinda like food stamps. Who really gets the benefit? The local piggly wiggly or the 22 year old with 5 kids?

March 25, 2021

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 11:36 AM

The religion of government doesn't seem to satisfy the souls of our countrymen.
Send out cash > they fight.
Send out more cash > they fight
Send out ever more cash > they fight
Tear down tradition > they fight
Tear down more traditions > they fight
Establish a new federal holiday > they shoot each other all across this land

I may be just a trapper, but if my lure isn't working, I don't use that lure any more.
The religious in government have no clue how to sooth restless souls and heck, do they even have the goal of trying to?
Make peace, not war?
All you need is love?

For a country that is rich beyond any culture in human history at every material measurement, there is sure a whole lotta fighting going on.
And the religion of government, with its alter built upon utopianism as a philosophical mountaintop, is where this is all headed.
History shows us that.

Unless something or someone steps in to stop it.

Blessings y'al!
Mark
Posted By: corky

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 11:50 AM

It's okay to recognize important days in history like Juneteenth, D-Day, 9/11, Pearl Harbor Day etc. without making them Federal Holidays. Once a holiday it becomes a day of retail sales, cookouts, a day off of work and tends to diminish it's historical importance, not enhance it.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 02:19 PM

Guilty as charged! When this thread started, I just assumed it had something to do with Pride Month. After reading the pages, I am a tad more educated now. Carry On !

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
The religion of government doesn't seem to satisfy the souls of our countrymen.
Send out cash > they fight.
Send out more cash > they fight
Send out ever more cash > they fight
Tear down tradition > they fight
Tear down more traditions > they fight
Establish a new federal holiday > they shoot each other all across this land

I may be just a trapper, but if my lure isn't working, I don't use that lure any more.
The religious in government have no clue how to sooth restless souls and heck, do they even have the goal of trying to?
Make peace, not war?
All you need is love?

For a country that is rich beyond any culture in human history at every material measurement, there is sure a whole lotta fighting going on.
And the religion of government, with its alter built upon utopianism as a philosophical mountaintop, is where this is all headed.
History shows us that.

Unless something or someone steps in to stop it.

Blessings y'al!
Mark

It’s not going to stop. It’s beyond control.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

The local news praised biden for dropping to his knees and groveling before a black woman.

At least some foodbanks closed for the new holiday, which probably dampened the festivities.

I worked hard all day to pay for worthless Americans benefits. Hopefully the American taxpayers will be emancipated too.

Keith

I ROTFLMAO!

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 06:43 PM

It’s a celebration like many other ethnic groups have every year I don’t see the big deal. It got passed as a holiday because it would be political suicide to stand against it in today’s world for any reason. Turned out to be a shoot’em weekend with Black on Black violence in several states but little will be said about that to be PC.

The number one threat to a younger Black person is another Black person not the Cops or other ethnic groups, but this is not addressed or even talked about it’s PC to ignore the stats or be labeled racist. Everyone wants the same basic things in life from the guy on the Hill to a guy in prison but bad behaviors/expectations get in the way.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 07:41 PM

Wife was off this morning so had to go pickin huckleberries
Posted By: white17

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 08:10 PM

Maybe I am just suspicious by nature.

You might check out the international Day of Heroism celebrated by the communist movement worldwide.

It happens to be June 19th

Coincidence ?

Was it Truman who said.."nothing in Washington happens by coincidence" ??
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Biden dropped to his knees???? Hope somebody was near by to help him up!

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 10:58 PM

You might check out the international Day of Heroism celebrated by the communist movement worldwide.

Have to admit you have made me suspicious also. The whole Juneteenth name is a bit weird. Independence day is usually called the 4th of july. Cinco de Mayo is another. Why not a real date stead of Juneteenth?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 11:03 PM

Have to admit you have made me suspicious also. The whole Juneteenth name is a bit weird. Independence day is usually called the 4th of july. Cinco de Mayo is another. Why not a real date stead of Juneteenth?

You know May 5th isnt Mexican independence day right?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by white17

It happens to be June 19th

Coincidence ?

Was it Truman who said.."nothing in Washington happens by coincidence" ??

You usually are much more informed than this... Either that or your messing with us. Juneteenth gors back more than 150 years. Hero day is from less than 40 years ago and recognizes some latin American rebels in which almost no one observes.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/21/21 11:47 PM

I saw on Youtube this morning several people shot and a few killed at Juneteenth celebrations.

One Latino couple was dragged from their car and both executed in the street by the mob. I am guessing the MSM didn't report on that.

Can search" Salty Cracker" on YouTube or Bitchute he has the full story. Pretty graphic video he warns. His language is too colorful to post here.
Posted By: Starbits

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/22/21 04:31 AM

I went around telling everybody it is a day to celebrate. It is the day that a Republican president and congress forced the democratic slave owners to release their slaves.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/22/21 05:19 AM

I won't recognize a holiday honoring people who are working to destroy American history. History needs to be viewed in the context of the times. Without a doubt a large percentage will be seeing new history being made. Not good if you are one of the 14 percent of the population. Any American who is black that subscribes to this BS needs to rethink their position and the motivation of those leading this movement.j
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/22/21 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by YamaCat
I ignored it. Haven’t even looked it up, so I have no idea what it is.

Me either.
Posted By: hippie

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/22/21 10:24 AM

I had never heard of it until Trump put a light on it. Nice history.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 07:33 PM

Don't see that as much different than the union soldiers who fought for and gave their lives to free those slaves. Why aren't they recognized with a holiday?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 07:47 PM

^wait a minute....are you saying the civil war was fought over the issue of slavery? I get told all the time on this forum that the civil war was about everything BUT slavery, now you're saying it actually was fought over slavery?

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 07:52 PM

^wait a minute....are you saying the civil war was fought over the issue of slavery?

Unless our forefathers were cast from different dust, my guess is that the civil war was fought over a diverse set of opinions.
Same as here on this forum.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 08:18 PM

^ fair enough. But it's hard to say that union soldiers fought to free the slaves, without saying that the war was about slavery.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 08:44 PM

A lot of them fought cause they were drafted. When they got into battle they wanted to stay alive. A lot of them fought cause of loyalty to their state. There was no TV or radio and many of them couldn't read. It was the wealthy and politicians, (whose sons were exempted from military service) that had an agenda. At least for many of them. Then there were the Josey Wales fighters. (in a sense) Not supermen, just men who lost property, had female relatives raped and other injustices done to them. On both sides.

Those wealthy people (follow the leader, herd mentality) that got others to jump into combat, were trying to get wealthier.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 08:48 PM

Like I said, celebrating the end of slavery is IMO a fine thing. I was unaware it was already being done. I hope there is no truth to the rumors that there is another hidden agenda.

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 09:43 PM

A lot of them fought cause they were drafted. When they got into battle they wanted to stay alive. A lot of them fought cause of loyalty to their state. There was no TV or radio and many of them couldn't read. It was the wealthy and politicians, (whose sons were exempted from military service) that had an agenda. At least for many of them. Then there were the Josey Wales fighters. (in a sense) Not supermen, just men who lost property, had female relatives raped and other injustices done to them. On both sides.

Those wealthy people (follow the leader, herd mentality) that got others to jump into combat, were trying to get wealthier.

Yup
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 09:58 PM

Like I said, celebrating the end of slavery is IMO a fine thing. I was unaware it was already being done. I hope there is no truth to the rumors that there is another hidden agenda.

X2

Re: How did you celebrate Juneteenth? - 06/24/21 11:40 PM

No hidden agenda.
We all would agree that'd be wonderful.
When has that ever been the case?

Politics and power at the level of American governance with hundreds of Trillions on the line can not be steered without agendas, most of which are hidden.
Tiss the way she works.
Depends on whose steering the boat is all.

Blessings,
Mark
© 2024 Trapperman Forums