Home

Duke 110 question

Posted By: coonman220

Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 09:11 PM

Was go thru traps speed dip a few weeks ago an about done with except 110s, check tags, , chain, clean dip from trigger area an dog , new wire to 110 stablizers or be plates or stands, I notice with duke 110, in 1st notch of dog setting, the outermost or first notch , not inner one close to jaw, that set in first notch, more play in trigger bfore engage trigger an lot more travel than mid notch, the mid notch take lil more pressure to fire but seem like less travel before trap fires, an no slop movement in trigger bfore start engage, I thought the first notch best for mink an rat sets but is it or middle notch best ? I have some Bridger 110 an the last notch or closer notch to dog I use as can't keep some Bridger set , I use round file to clear dip out dog an sandpaper jaw a little by where dog hook on trigger on jaw to clear dip out
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 10:06 PM

I also set first notch (outermost).
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 10:19 PM

Duke 110's are real strong. I caught an extra large male mink in one last winter. Didn't look like he even moved. Outer most notch. Don't be concerned.

There was a video on here last winter showing how to get a better trigger. Some of mine were good right from the factory, so I didn't modify any of them.
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 10:29 PM

110 Duke cobares good traps...Sat mittle noch qnd good to go

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 10:58 PM

Not problem with rats as they get caught, mink maybe a little difference on trigger setting , lite setting ?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/20/21 11:33 PM

Minnow used a lot of Duke 110's Dave. You shouldn't need more of a testimonial to the trap than to know a man with his knowledge, his wealth, and his success chose to use them when he have used any trap on the market. He also set them in the notch furthest towards the tip of the dog quite often.
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 12:22 AM

I prefer to use my bmi 110s very little trigger travel no play then she snaps
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 12:42 AM

I use 1st notch, never a problem

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 01:02 AM

Just wonder as less travel to fire trap in 2 ND notch an no slop bfore engage trigger but maybe take more tension fire 2nd notch, usslly set 1st notch or out furthest from jaw unless like say on Bridger, or even bmi 160 mags, on kb stands for some reason the notch on dog closest to jaw or can't keep trap set an fire off on some esoecslly on Bridger 110s
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 01:41 AM

I use a round file (chainsaw chain file) to clean up the notch.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 02:10 AM

I had the same problem with sloppy triggers with the Duke 110. This video by Todd shows how to fix em. Get that right and they are as sensitive as BMI or any other.

Am still convinced most folks focus on the BG dog when the fault lies in the trigger clip.

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 02:30 AM

Yes that exactly what I seen is one way on some alot trigger travel, I have give the nail pound in a try, Is to much trigger travel in water sets a problem ?
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 01:15 PM

I think trigger travel is a problem whether the trap is on land or water...there's nothing good about a hip catch
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 01:34 PM

Good Video Hay day.

All Dukes come with stiff triggers. Not a big deal on the bigger animals but it is on the mink for sure......

And remember, Regular jaws are not sufficient on dryland mink. Too much gap as even the big buck mink have plenty of breathing room, even when hit perfectly. Nobody wants to find live mink in their bodygrips (been there done that).
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 01:46 PM

All credit for the video needs to go to TMan member Coon Duke.....(Todd). I just take advantage of what he and others share.

Lot of good Utube channels out there by numerous TMen.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Duke 110 question - 06/21/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin
Good Video Hay day.

All Dukes come with stiff triggers. Not a big deal on the bigger animals but it is on the mink for sure......

And remember, Regular jaws are not sufficient on dryland mink. Too much gap as even the big buck mink have plenty of breathing room, even when hit perfectly. Nobody wants to find live mink in their bodygrips (been there done that).

Its a big deal if the trigger wires bend instead of the dog lifting off- for any size animal which is what most do if not tinkered with. I made the mistake of setting 4 dozen of them without test firing each one individually beforehand. Im still butthurt over that. The old square jaw victors were kinda sloppy but they at least set off. I know....But Bill Duke..............
© 2024 Trapperman Forums