Home

Good looking fishing lure.

Posted By: martyd

Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 03:29 AM

Sorry guys but I am not a computer whiz bang and don’t know how to post a picture of this fishing lure.
Really would not matter because you need a video to do the lure justice. I am sure I am way late to the party stating this for most of the fisherman here. Ha ha ha. But I bought some of these jointed fishing lures from a company called Ape Survival. Mine I am sure are knock offs from big name brands but mine has 8 joints on the lure. Lures are 5 inches long. They sent me a email flash sale couple weeks ago and I bought 6 different types. The blue Gill colored one I think is about 4 inches long. Their is a lot of YouTube videos on these jointed lures but wow I am very impressed with the life like action. They are a little long for bass fishing for the places I fish from on the bank but I bet fishing from a boat fishing for big 4 pound plus Bass, Northern Pike , Muskie , I bet they would work good on lake trout and ocean fish. Not sure if they could get deep enough for walleyes because of no diving lip on mine. Was wondering if you guys that fish a lot have had a lot of success with them ? I think they could replace my Rapala lures. Something about these jointed lures that really are life like ( lots of wiggle movement. )
Marty
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 04:52 AM

For goodness sake don’t get rid of your Rapalas. Not sure if the multi hinged lures are the ones I’ve seen but natural swimming fish don’t wiggle like a snake. Their side to side is much tighter if that makes sense. Let us know if they turn out to be hot.

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 05:11 AM

No I won’t get rid of the Rapala lures but the jointed lures are painted better , have way more action. I think they have been on the market couple years but I had never seen them before. But they look good on YouTube. Ha ha ha. But what don’t , ha ha ha. Will see if they catch fish. Ha ha. Marty
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 06:32 AM

Seems like many lures nowadays are designed to catch fisherman.

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 12:37 PM

Jerry that’s the truth. Ha ha. Marty
Posted By: jk

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 05:00 PM

If I was a fish I would have been caught a long time ago. The modern lures are great. And so are the hooks and line and batteries, they all are amazing compared to what we had 50 years ago......jk

If I was a fish I would have been caught a long time ago. The modern lures are great. And so are the hooks and line and batteries, they all are amazing compared to what we had 50 years ago......jk

Posted By: Redknot

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 05:03 PM

Jk, on a "treble" hook no doubt!!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 05:11 PM

I have a large tackle box filled with lures, that the only thing they ever caught was me!

If you do the free lure thing, be aware that it's gonna cost you $8 for shipping per lure, and I'd bet they gonna sell your contact info.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 06:03 PM

If your not the customer, your the product.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 06:39 PM

There are a lot of great lures on the market but the bottom line is, if they are hungry, they will eat it.

I make my own. They are pretty basic except for my Rapala knock off. It is broken in the middle like the Rapala but I like the front half to have a belly. I use nails as ballast so they sit in the water the way I want.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 10:30 PM

Hobbie nice lures, is that a snakehead?
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/21/21 11:53 PM

Went to ape survival and searched fishing lures. The lures are what I thought they were with the sucker one a new addition to the rainbow and bream models. They have been around for many years in one form or another.
The rainbow models actually had a breaf period of popularity in Southern California at lake Casitas. The world record largemouth black bass chasers were supposed to be hot on the trail of the new record when a couple of fish in the twenty pound range were caught there. There is another lake over there that was a contender but the name escapes me now. Sense the Ca G&F stocked 8-10” rainbow in these lakes the record chasers figured that was what the lunkers were getting big on. The swim bait in rainbow was supposed to be the ticket.
Question Marty are they soft body or hard baits? Can’t tell from the picture.

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/22/21 02:09 AM

I bought 6 of them. hard baits. Bluegill , perch , green , blue rainbow. Look like a Rapala but have 7 or 8 joints in them. Way better than a Rapala I think. Paint job way way better than a Rapala I think. Not sure I will ever use a basic Rapala again. Go to you tube and you will see a bunch of them listed on 5 to 12 minute videos. A lot of guys catching fish on them in North Dakota we’re I use to live and work. Like I said I just bought 6 from Ape survival company. I am very happy with mine. I cannot wait to try them on northern pike , Musky , salmon and lake trout up in Wisconsin. The vibration alone they give out should catch fish. Marty
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Good looking fishing lure. - 06/23/21 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Hobbie nice lures, is that a snakehead?

Yes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums