Home

Wages at job question

Posted By: coonman220

Wages at job question - 06/22/21 05:56 PM

So I work pt for over 3.5 yrs for temp agency at 1 job, last week a meeting I heard about pay increase, the boss cone over an say not go to it an keep work an the temp agency would have to get with me, so this morning black guy back from long vacation say I get $15 hr now an they bring them threw door at $15 hr, he not with temp agency an pt also, so I call temp agency an told they know nothing of it an I get $13.05 an act real pissey because I call, now worried they just to be mean that I call an ask they could lower my pay to minuim wage , I do believe they have set price in contract with temp agency , could they do that to someone just say at temp agency that were go pay u $8 hr ? If happen, I would quit immediately
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:00 PM

Around here everyone is looking to hire. Pretty easy to get 20 as a starting wage
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:03 PM

Dad always said mind your own business at work and make your own deal for pay. Dave, get rid of the temp agency and do your own thing. If your hard worker it will get rewarded. Don't listen to what other people make, they might be lying to get under your skin. If all this is too much eat ramen noodles till you collect your SS and suck it up

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:18 PM

So I just look job board, sedonna is pay pt or ft $15 hr start, it true, so I call express again an sone recruiter supposed check on it , if no raise an some bs , I quit end next week, no holiday pay , look another pt job or go thru sedonna, they sure can't just pay me minuim wage to be real mean can they ? I show full long time employees what up an like today, do all work
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:25 PM

Jeesh coonman I dont come on here much anymore but when i do i am constantly seeing you posting about this or that ,negatively. Are you playing or what? Seems like the glass is empty for you all the time? Havent you retired yet?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:27 PM

Well I guess they could fire you. But I believe it's highly unlikely.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 06:36 PM

I think mean mangrment like pic on me an got it in for me, no wage increase to $15 hr next week check, no go back after 4 th, move on , not gonna take that bs, no holiday pay anyhow, my other job pay me time an half on holiday an not there
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 07:05 PM

Most employers pay what an employee is worth
Just sayin
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 07:19 PM

Dave it is stupid to work for a temp agency who takes money that would be going to you if you would just apply and get the jobs yourself. Why do you cheat yourself that way and then blame them? You don't have to work for a temp agency. It is a choice you make, a very bad choice. You need to get motivated and find a decent job where the middle man doesn't get a cut of your pay. You could obviously use more money.

Keith
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 07:38 PM

Is Coonman real or is it someone on here with a pseudo account? Only reason I ask is I knew a guy that did something exactly like this on another account. There’s no way anyone has this bad of luck and constantly complaining about the same things over and over without changing his lifestyle or employment or vehicle, lol.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 07:52 PM

Guess find out in 9 days the day before direct deposit , if gype on pay, it time to go, I worth as much anyone else an do lot work, go be maybe hard find pt job close with hrs that work that pay but maybe, I not tolerate any gype stuff , how many ppl go work for someone where at long time an find out there hire other temps thru door at $2 bucks more hr an some quit in a day or 2, had 2 black ppl likely from Chicago last week, I seen them there bfore morning break an that it, walk out door, to hot for them I heard
Posted By: adam m

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 07:56 PM

Coonman, why not just ask the company you are working at (through the agency) for a pt job if they are starting out at $15hr? Cut the middle man out

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:02 PM

Ya maybe but work company things different , not sure that, the other temp agency is pay $15, they pay same if work company or temp agency start , but if thru temp agency the company. Pay no workman's comp or any benifits, , if in 9 days I find out no raise an talk express an not go happen, I might try go thru sedonna an same thing at 2 bucks more hr or if don't work an find out something else wrong, time move on , 5ys ago I would not been excited about 15 hr an consider it lower pay, if it don't come Thru I like find out why the reason, I don't get it, good worker an never had accident , I have seen ones start work there an miss work at least once a week an always something on accident , got sliver I need bandaid , etc, I can't rember get bandaid more cpl times , someplace the biggest problem employers have is try find employee who can pass drug test , most flunk, not me
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:04 PM

Adam,temporary agencies have an agreement with the companies they send employees to. If the company hires a temp worker,they must pay the temp agency a certain amount.
Tom
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:16 PM

Anybody want to start a pool if he quits?

Dave, this job market is the best I've ever seen in my 50 years on the planet. Every place around here is advertising 18 dollars and on up with singing bonuses and even relocation allowance. It's insane to work in a machine shop for 13 dollars an hour when fast food joints and gas stations pay more.

I can't believe it's any different in your part of Iowa.

Savell should be chiming in shortly, take his advice. Don't wait two weeks quit today.
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:17 PM

A temp agency takes on additional expenses such as payroll processing, etc. The mark-up for that service has nothing to do with your pay and is typically 30-50% above a going rate. Now comes the agencies job of getting you to agree to take less of a wage. The less you agree to take, the more they make. It further increases their margin because the company has agreed to pay X (regardless of what you get paid) and you agreed to take Y (regardless of what they bill the company for). It can get hairy for the agency if they get too loose with it and the company will drop the agency but most often it's a don't ask, don't tell policy. Fight for yourself, nobody else will. Your battle is with the temp agency, not the company.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:29 PM

I know that Bogmaster. It might be worth it in the end for coonman to quit the temp agency and hire into that job.

Steven49er, same here. Keep seeing signs even at fast food places $13hr for cashier. Chipotle nationwide is starting $15hr plus insane benefits. There's millions of jobs with great pay and benefits like never before. I wish I could work ft again. Even pt would be nice but fibro is too unpredictable
Posted By: possum63

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:37 PM

Of course new people bare getting more than your are starting out. You have been there 3+ years. Times change. It takes a better starting wage to get people to apply. It's your fault your still working through a temp agency after this long.

As been mentioned in the last 2-3 threads you have started about your job....if you can't find work right now your not hireable.

Quit the job, buy the truck. Start mowing yards and doing lawn care. That is one occupation that won't interfere with trapping.

Good luck at what ever you decide
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
I think mean mangrment like pic on me

grin

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:43 PM

I have to see in 9 days if raise, just so they don't do something real mean like decide pay me minuim wage because think go quit , I guess could try go thru sedonna for $15 hr, if don't come thru, wonder if express could gype me last or 2 last checks if think go quit like ssy we go drop from $13 hr to $7 hr ?
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 08:49 PM

Did you ever check into those jobs I listed a month or so ago? They sounded pretty good compared to what you're doing yet. At the very least talk to the company you're working at directly to see if you can get hired at a higher wage. I just heard an ad on the radio for a metals place down there that is starting at $20 or more per hour. I can't remember the name of it though.

You need to quit being obsessed with trapping $3 coon for 4 to 6 weeks in the fall and worry more about getting a guaranteed paycheck. The thing is the new company isn't going to care about your trapping hobby, they're going to expect you to work. You also need to rethink your obsession with the part time cleaning job. Your using that as a crutch to not work somewhere else and that doesn't make sense.

Duluth Trading Co. is hiring at $17 an hour minimum for anything according to the paper.

I know I just wasted my time posting on this yet again. Where's the caption of the guy beating a dead horse?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 09:12 PM

not sure how IA is but it seems EVERYONE around here is hiring , news paper adds , radio adds , I was up and down the Mississippi the last 2 weeks and lots of hiring signs.

if there was ever a time to go looking for a new job that starts at 15-16 an hour this is it

you see what doesn't make sense is the company pays several dollars an hour more for you at the temp agency than you get.

they must really hate you to keep the option of letting you go with no strings attached always on the table especially while they hire others full time non temp.

from your posts you sound your like a dog that gets kicked and keeps coming back , either there is something very questionable about your work or they just like to kick you.

time to go looking for other work it seems to be everywhere , employers offering 2500-6500 dollar signing bonuses , 15-16 and hour plus starting for material handlers jobs.

this could just be age discriminations if your work is all good , they don't want you retiring on them the minute you get vested in their pension.

try and look 10 years younger if possible and go looking for a job there are lots of them out there.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 09:21 PM

When I had to work with/for Temp Services, they usually only had a 2-3 week minimum before you could apply with the company for FT Employment. Many employers use temp services to cull workers, to see if your worth a crap. before hiring you full time.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 09:32 PM

If did go I look pt close, I don't understand why one temp agency that has only me an 1 other would pay 13 an sedonna with more temps as well as any one hire on get $15? Why would the temp agency I work for do that or say we weren't notify from employer an try to get it maybe call u this week ? If they have current contract for 13 for temps company , could they just decide if mad an gonna quit an pay u $7 bucks hr on last 2 checks ??
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 09:45 PM

Dave, you worry way to much about things that are very unlikely to happen. When you're unhappy with things in your life, it's up to you to change them. Most people are decent and are not out to get you. Most minorities, being people, just like everyone else, are decent and not out to get you either. Constantly worrying that some minority is going to do you harm is a total waste of time and mental energy. You alone have the ability to make your life better.

Keith
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 10:16 PM

I wouldn’t even pay you $13 an hour Canadian. You seem to have a very poor attitude and don’t listen to constructive criticism. Your communication/spelling skills are childish.
You are very lucky to have that job and I bet you won’t quit even if they lowered your pay to $5/hour.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 10:28 PM

Dave, see if you can find the right person at the company and talk to them directly about getting hired. You've got nothing to lose by doing so. Good luck!
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 10:29 PM

I have to see in 9 days if raise, just so they don't do something real mean like decide pay me minuim wage because think go quit , I guess could try go thru sedonna for $15 hr, if don't come thru, wonder if express could gype me last or 2 last checks if think go quit like ssy we go drop from $13 hr to $7 hr ?

Dave, are you reading the information the other posters have put on here? How many times will you worry about what "might or might not" happen to you at work? Waiting 9 more days will only bring you more of the same regarding your feelings about your job. Nothing will change until you do.

I worked in a factory for over 32 years, both as a machinist and a quality assurance auditor. I dealt with many types of people every day. Some were easy to deal with, some were convinced that everything bad that happened to them was because the company or someone at work was out to get them. I can tell you from first hand experience, if a person is willing to put out negative comments about their place of employment, on line, then they are most likely complaining at work too, to someone. Rest assured, your comments are known to more than just those of us on this site.

I wish you no ill will, and I do not doubt you are as hard a worker as you say you are, but you have to look out for yourself as nobody else will. Working harder may mean finding a different and better paying job. In that case, you would be working smarter then too.

Best of luck to you in what ever you decide to do. I will look forward to meeting you at Spencer next month too.
Posted By: houndone

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 10:34 PM

I live in northwest Illinois about 25 miles west of Dubuque iowa. every morning on the radio there multiple ads for companies wanting to hire in Dubuque and surrounding areas.starting wages 18.00/hr on up with full benefits starting day 1. CULVERS HAD A FULL PAGE AD IN THE LOCAL PAPER 16.00/HR PLUS BENEFITS.my company is having a hard time keeping people.TIMES HAVE CHANGED ITS IN THE EMPLOYEES FAVOR NOW NOT THE COMPANIES
Posted By: canine933

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Is Coonman real or is it someone on here with a pseudo account? Only reason I ask is I knew a guy that did something exactly like this on another account. There’s no way anyone has this bad of luck and constantly complaining about the same things over and over without changing his lifestyle or employment or vehicle, lol.

I was wondering the same thing.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Adam,temporary agencies have an agreement with the companies they send employees to. If the company hires a temp worker,they must pay the temp agency a certain amount.
Tom

Yes, kinda..... They have an agreement for a certain amount of hours. Typically they dont go much past 700 hours. What I would do id as that 700 hour mark is approaching start working with management to become a direct EE. It will save the company money and make you money. You have to stay on yhem though because many times the low level managers don't see the bottom line.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 11:35 PM

Coonman I wish you luck

However, your situation is not uncommon. The temp agency is probably getting paid $15/hr that you work, they pay you $13 and put other $2 in their pocket. If I can get you to work through me I get $80 a week and if I get 99 of your friends/neighbors/etc to work then I pocket $8000.

The best thing you can do is get rid of the middle man

My son is a nurse. New hires out of school make more than the ones that have been there 5 years and have to be trained. So the experienced ones quit, hire out through a temp agency at double what they were making because the hospital will pay the temp agency a lot of money to get a nurse to fill a spot

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I wouldn’t even pay you $13 an hour Canadian. You seem to have a very poor attitude and don’t listen to constructive criticism. Your communication/spelling skills are childish.
You are very lucky to have that job and I bet you won’t quit even if they lowered your pay to $5/hour.

Ya right, buzz off !!!!

Re: Wages at job question - 06/22/21 11:51 PM

Have to see, I think employers rather have minorities on got half a day an quit an do nothing , at end year, huge tax write off
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:05 AM

Employers hire people to make them (the employer) money. They do not want no shows. They dont get ahead that way. If you cant find a better job its because your either not looking or your a lousy worker.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Employers hire people to make them (the employer) money. They do not want no shows. They dont get ahead that way. If you cant find a better job its because your either not looking or your a lousy worker.

THIS
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Tom

With Sedona it is half what the worker is paid , so $13.05 /2 equals Sedona gets $6.50. They have a contract for so many hours (500) before the company can hire them direct. I know this for fact as my wife manages a company and they hire through sedona in Iowa.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:45 AM

Ya right, buzz off !!!!

Prove me wrong!

I’ve given you advice before, just like many MANY others here have too! You continue doing things your way and keep complaining about it.

I still wish you the best, but you need tough love. Probably should have gotten it 45 years ago.
Posted By: run

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:47 AM

I agree with Jurassic Park.
Posted By: jv220

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 01:05 AM

In this current job market if you are working for a temp agency its your own fault. There is more options for anyone who wants to better their situation than almost anytime in recent history. Go get a real job and let the temp agency find another sucker.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:06 AM

I am sure company rather hire minorities as many as can get , even if last a day or 2, with $20,000 tax write off in each one , kinda profitable
Posted By: Flint Lock

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:09 AM

What Steven 49er said. Now is a great time to be looking for a better job. Don't undersell yourself either. Companies cannot find good help and must be willing to pay for it when they do.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:12 AM

I am sure company rather hire minorities as many as can get , even if last a day or 2, with $20,000 tax write off in each one , kinda profitable

If that's true, than you need to start a business tomorrow and hire those $20,000 employees.
Good profit in it.
So I hear
Posted By: Boco

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by wetdog

If that's true, than you need to start a business tomorrow and hire those $20,000 employees.
Good profit in it.
So I hear

OR-grab a can of shoe polish and a how to speak ebonic book.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:18 AM

I must have missed something on hiring minorities,wasn't aware you got a bonus for hiring them.
Dave forget about the minorities,you won't be one till you retire.
Just concentrate on yourself and what you do and what needs to be done to find employment you are satisfied with.
Good Hunting and good luck.
Tom
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:38 AM

Have to see, I think employers rather have minorities on got half a day an quit an do nothing , at end year, huge tax write off

I am a manufacturing employer and can say this statement in nonsense. I make money from my employee/process producing quality product. If there is an incentive to hire by race you would not see it from employing someone half a day. What is up with the race deal? The only thing whiter than me are my butt cheeks but man I hope you don't talk like you type about people of color. Just constructive advice.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:48 AM

Here,the government pays a big part of the wage for employees who are immigrants,if a company employs them.No such incentive for anyone else.
So now even in small towns all across the country the employees in all the coffee shops,walmarts etc, etc are about half immigrants who barely talk english.And the rich franchisee gets slave labour paid for by the taxpayer.
And a side effect is local youngsters looking for summer jobs,or entry level jobs have to leave the small towns to find work in the cities.
I dont doubt its the same in your country,likely what coonman is talking about.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:49 AM

There is a big tax write off for hire them , create a job for minority, don't matter how long they work
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:55 AM

There is a big tax write off for hire them , create a job for minority, don't matter how long they work

I do not believe my company can get a incentive nor would we ask to for one employ (to use your terms) a black person. We would just hire the qualified person and fire them if they missed work in two days time. We also do not take advantage of paying less to those under 18 in the summer either so maybe I am uninformed and do not know the rules.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 03:01 AM

Brutal!!! But, honest. Coonman, you gripe more than a 8 month expecting mother that just ran out of marlboro reds!

And the response to JP with "ya right, buzz off!!! that's the most coherent sentence you have ever posted.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, contact your local NAACP chapter to help you out.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 08:12 AM

Coonman how do you know about the big tax write off? Do you work in HR there? I've seen the ads in newspapers and on job websites where it'll say women and minorities encouraged to apply but that's usually some construction or very high paying job not a run of the mill job at a little machine shop. I don't agree with those practices but I doubt that's going on in your case where you work.
JP's comment was harsh but probably not far off. I'm waiting for you to say everyone is a bunch of antis like you did before.

Bodine Electric
AY McDonald
Crown Holdings
Duluth Trading Co.
Hormel
Camso
Anderson window
Prairie Farms
All of those and a lot more pay better than where you're at now. It's up to you to apply to them.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 10:40 AM

Coonman doesn't want to work full time.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 10:51 AM

I'm betting you are the problem. I seriously doubt they are just wanting to be mean.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
Coonman, why not just ask the company you are working at (through the agency) for a pt job if they are starting out at $15hr? Cut the middle man out

Do this.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jv220
In this current job market if you are working for a temp agency its your own fault. There is more options for anyone who wants to better their situation than almost anytime in recent history. Go get a real job and let the temp agency find another sucker.

Truth.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:13 AM

In March 1931 Nicholas Murray Butler who was the President of Columbia University in New York delivered a speech on Charter Day at the University of California. Butler split the population into thee sets, but he noted that individuals could move from one set to another.

The vast population of this earth, and indeed nations themselves, may readily be divided into three groups. There are the few who make things happen, the many more who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every human being is born into this third and largest group; it is for himself, his environment and his education to determine whether he shall rise to the second group or even to the first.

Go make something happen.
Posted By: run

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

In March 1931 Nicholas Murray Butler who was the President of Columbia University in New York delivered a speech on Charter Day at the University of California. Butler split the population into thee sets, but he noted that individuals could move from one set to another.

The vast population of this earth, and indeed nations themselves, may readily be divided into three groups. There are the few who make things happen, the many more who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every human being is born into this third and largest group; it is for himself, his environment and his education to determine whether he shall rise to the second group or even to the first.

Well said.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

Since that time, there has been extensive research in psychology that simply states; "Should, would, and could" are all words and mind sets that steal someone's joy.
Dave, as we read your posts, you are marinating yourself in should, would, could.
You will have little to no calm. peace, or joy as a result.

I strongly urge you to stop shouldin on yourself.
For your mind, body, and soul's sake.
It'll be hard to do if this is your situation, because habits are life's rituals built over time, but bit by bit it can get better.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:40 AM

So I work pt for over 3.5 yrs for temp agency at 1 job, last week a meeting I heard about pay increase, the boss cone over an say not go to it an keep work an the temp agency would have to get with me, so this morning black guy back from long vacation say I get $15 hr now an they bring them threw door at $15 hr, he not with temp agency an pt also, so I call temp agency an told they know nothing of it an I get $13.05 an act real pissey because I call, now worried they just to be mean that I call an ask they could lower my pay to minuim wage , I do believe they have set price in contract with temp agency , could they do that to someone just say at temp agency that were go pay u $8 hr ? If happen, I would quit immediately

Tyson is paying $18 walking in the door. Heard it on the radio.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 11:55 AM

Serious question, are you good at anything? Wood working, carpentry, finish work, dry wall, basket weaving, etc? I turned my hobby in to a profitable side business 4 years ago. I still work full time (for insurance), but in my side business I make considerably more than I do in my regular job. I'm my own boss & work as much/little as I want.
Posted By: garart

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 12:53 PM

Two words for you Dave, CRITICAL THINKING! Look it up, apply some of all of those principals to your problems that affect your life. You will be amazed by the positive changes that occur! Best wishes to you, and your success with life,Gary.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 01:20 PM

Just saying, but I along with other employers used temp agencies at times when real busy.
We used it as a way of finding good employees. Get a decent temp guy and we would offer them a full time job.
Most of the time they declined a full time job at 25-30% more than the temp agency was paying them, go figure.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people who work temp like the temp basis. They want enough money to get by on then stop working for awhile.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
Just saying, but I along with other employers used temp agencies at times when real busy.
We used it as a way of finding good employees. Get a decent temp guy and we would offer them a full time job.
Most of the time they declined a full time job at 25-30% more than the temp agency was paying them, go figure.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people who work temp like the temp basis. They want enough money to get by on then stop working for awhile.

Seen lots of lazy lumps like that on the Railroad-mostly the Machine operators on the seasonal extra gangs,but also labourers.They had the option to bid on and hold permanent jobs on separate seniority lists when the gangs shut down for the winter,and hold that seniority while working as machine operators,but instead would not bid on those jobs and take the layoff(unemployment insurance) for 6 months every year,so they could stay home and smoke dope.They had no ambition to move further up to management jobs.
An interesting thing-workers who moved into middle and upper management positions on the RR were almost always the good Union men who were tough on the company when contract negotiations were hammered out.I think this was one of the main reasons our unions and the company got along very well for both the good of the company and the good of the workers.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 02:15 PM

up here Temp agency charge 35-50% over the base rate they pay their people
we had to use them when there was big snow storms - they were good for about 3 hours work then you had to get a dozen donuts into them and a gallon of coffee
felt sorry for them because they got 1 cent over minimum wage and they had to get back by 5;45pm to get a cheque then find a cashier open

Boco those guys just rode around on their snow machines in the winter months, and now with drug testing it has ruined their cultural puffing of the rope stuff to go back to work.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 06:44 PM

Well after lot talk about it, at $15 hr now, I could get $19 plus easy if fill time an go but pt an close , I have quit other pt job an work full time elsewhere for 18-19 hr, I guess just lately it is something, worker shortage , heard 4 quit went up street start $17, ya no reason for $13 stuff ,cost living way up , 15 ok but no big deal , extra 35 after tax in my pocket every week , better than 50 cents raise at least 2 bucks , why big worker shortage ?
Posted By: Rye

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 07:03 PM

I seriously can't even comprehend the majority of coonman's comments.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 07:35 PM

Well after lot (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) about it, at $15 hr now, I could get $19 plus easy if fill time an go but pt an close , I have quit other pt job an work full time elsewhere for 18-19 hr, I guess just lately it is something, worker shortage , heard 4 quit went up street start $17, ya no reason for $13 stuff ,cost living way up , 15 ok but no big deal , extra 35 after tax in my pocket every week , better than 50 cents raise at least 2 bucks , why big worker shortage ?

... I heard they all keep getting smashed inside the presses ... usually when there’s dorks or colored hands at the controls
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 08:09 PM

Nearly 4 million workers changed jobs in April of 2021, the highest rate in the 20 years of tracking that statistic. Bodes warnings for those that are not serious about working out ways to hire and keep employees. If workers are that much of a drag on a business, why are employers searching so hard to find them?

Bryce
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 09:36 PM

I'm Adlerian as in Albert Adler psychology = the choices you make in life effect the outcomes you have in our life.
Yep.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rye
I seriously can't even comprehend the majority of coonman's comments.

He said after talking with them he's up to 15 an hour and could get 19 easy if he goes full time somewhere else but he doesn't want to quit but he'd have to quit both part time jobs. It's a no brainer he should go full time at $19 but then he wouldn't be able to trap and lose three bucks a coon.

Re: Wages at job question - 06/23/21 09:51 PM

Nobody I know would give up the trapping way of life for 4$ an hour.
Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Wages at job question - 06/24/21 01:09 AM

At $19 bucks you can still scratch the itch to lose money trapping by setting n checking on the way to work. The other thing to consider is the $19 job might put you into a $25± job in the future. You gotta look at the whole package, what are the benefits that come with it? $4 an hour is $8000 over two thousand hours, that before taxes, would buy lots of rust preventer.

Good luck to ya coonman220, hope it turns out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums