Home

I am SO angry right now

Posted By: cathryn

I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 04:47 AM

I am.at the ER with my daughter for a mental health issue
.have been since 830 AM.

About a half an hour ago a man was brought in who is obviously and loudly experiencing a mental health emergency.

He initially was left in the hall strapped to a gurney while the ambulance people and three of our counties finest..2 city cops and one county cop..laughed at and made jokes about the man.

They don't realize that I am in the room directly across the hall from the room where they finally have placed him and can see and hear everything they are saying and doing.

They have no idea there is a witness to their totally callous and unprofessional conduct.

I am so appalled and upset for their lack of empathy for this poor guy

All three of the SOBs need fired.

They are supposed to serve and protect us
.ALL of us..

And instead they wanna laugh belittle and bait.this poor man who is already suffering a traumatic event in his life.
They think its funny..a joke that this man is miserable and having these issues.

I have the names of all three and badge numbers and I am seriously considering reporting their behavior ..
I am not anti cop..far from it..and have never considered doing anything even remotely like this.

These callous and uncaring jerks.. who my town has decided deserve to wear a honored police uniform
are an absolute disgrace to the men and women who pledge to serve and protect us.

I see my child in him and how DARE them.to take this mans distress as fun and games.

Hes a human being and deserves to be treated as such..not made fun of.

I'm close to opening my door and stepping out into the hallway
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 04:54 AM

Record it with your cell phone for playback for the county attorney or the chief of police then the mayor . Just a thought .
I hope your daughter feels better soon !
Allan
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 05:02 AM

Hope your daughter us better.
Mental health issues are serious but people can't see it.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 05:02 AM

Their ignorance is very unprofessional and they should be called out for it and hopefully educated to the harm they cause with that type of conduct.
Posted By: warrior

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 05:46 AM

Document as much as you can. No matter what one may think of another person, anyone in uniform as a state actor professionalism and proper treatment is the standard even the least of us are entitled to. Document then break it off in them. And don't feel bad doing it either, they are to dumb to keep their jobs considering today's climate.
Posted By: Posco

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 06:16 AM

You must be exhausted. I have a brother who has suffered from schizophrenia for forty years. I understand a little bit of your pain.
Posted By: Massac

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 06:47 AM

They need to be reported. There is no room in a profession where you should be caring for the public, for the actions that they made. You'd be doing a disservice to who knows who else in the future to not report that.

Report them and help break the wheel. Don't let it keep turning.
Posted By: kjcouchey

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 06:54 AM

Sorry about what your going thru but come on. U have no clue what is going on over there. U are listening on a convo not meant for u. Its unproffessional that they are saying these things in a public space where u heard them, but let them be. They have to deal with crazy and dangerous mental health ppl 24/7, and u have no clue what went on prior to u listening in. They obviously are not trying to berate him in public, even if what they say in private is distastefull. Law enforcement suicide is high enuough and their life expectancy is way less than normal americans.
Let them blow off steam in private, it sounds ridiculous to you but it is a very common coping mechanisim with cops, ems, nurses, coroners ect. Id hate for you too be judged by everything u said in private.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:08 AM

It is unfortunate so much mental health crisis falls to cops. There must be a better way.
Posted By: warrior

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by kjcouchey
Sorry about what your going thru but come on. U have no clue what is going on over there. U are listening on a convo not meant for u. Its unproffessional that they are saying these things in a public space where u heard them, but let them be. They have to deal with crazy and dangerous mental health ppl 24/7, and u have no clue what went on prior to u listening in. They obviously are not trying to berate him in public, even if what they say in private is distastefull. Law enforcement suicide is high enuough and their life expectancy is way less than normal americans.
Let them blow off steam in private, it sounds ridiculous to you but it is a very common coping mechanisim with cops, ems, nurses, coroners ect. Id hate for you too be judged by everything u said in private.

I'm sorry, well no I'm not, but that's a load BS. I and my brothers all married medical professionals and that type of public behavior is grounds for dismissal and loss of license if done in public. Yes, I know the stress and the need to blow off steam but true professionals do so in private only with their closest and most trusted and never in a disrespectful manner to those less fortunate.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:21 AM

In public yes not right....but read the origonal post, origonal poster said they dont know anyone is listening. Not acceptable in public but they are saying what they think in Private and was overheard by op. Trust me most leo's trust each other with their lives

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:22 AM

Fyi my wife ER nurse
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:47 AM

Obviously they are not in private
They are wrong and should be reported

Cathyrn, hope all goes well with your daughter

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:48 AM

Fyi my wife ER nurse

Does she make fun of people with mental health issue?
I would assume and hope not
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 09:14 AM

I don't think you no everything that went on before that person was brought to the hospital, maybe they are drunk or on some drug , maybe they are not mental , like you said they don't know that you are listening , to jump to the thought that the person is mental ? , my daughter has mental problems , sometimes it's drugs with her that pushes her over the edge ?, just my two cent , let it be
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 09:17 AM

I hope you and your daughter get help and get to go home soon , I will say a prayer for your daughter
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 09:23 AM

I am not even a little surprised. If you get a video you might get a supervisor to tell them to hide their immaturity.

Unfortunately theirs's is a common attitude. Its why so many mentally ill are homeless. Its why they often get shot by L.E. The mentally ill have few advocates. Unlike drug addicts they dont choose their illness but a childish attitude from the public is very common.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:09 AM

They're in an ER. They obviously have to know that there are other people in there. If they've ever been there before they know those rooms are not soundproof. It doesn't matter why that person was brought in. There is no reason to denigrate, humiliate, and make fun of a person who is having a medical emergency.

I just read my wife, who has been an ED nurse for over 30 years the OP and her first words were... They need reported. No 2 ways around it... Report them. At the very least file a complaint with the hospital about the cops behavior. But she said to report it directly to the head honcho at the cop shop. She did say the only thing to be thankful for is that the cops stayed there. Too often they bring in a patient having a mental break and get them settled and then leave. She also said...While there is no reason for them to humiliate the person in front of them, you also don't know what led up to the person being brought in. It could just be them blowing off a little steam.

KJ probably can attest to this. ED, EMS, and LEO personnel have a twisted sense of humor. They have to, to deal with the stuff they see everyday. Get a few of them together, put your seatbelt on it's gonna be a wild ride.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:10 AM

In public yes not right....but read the origonal post, origonal poster said they dont know anyone is listening. Not acceptable in public but they are saying what they think in Private and was overheard by op. Trust me most leo's trust each other with their lives

No ti said they didn't know I was there listening..and he was loud as I said..i wasn't thw only one here. There was 5 other patients right beside the man in the ER. As well as 2 doctors
.3 ambulance guys and.3 or 4 nurses and they all heard. Most laughed and they continued to laugh about him after he waa given a shot to calm him down.
When I was outside getting some rest air another lady who was here with her husband for chest pains.asked me if id heard what happened and expressed her concern and dislike for what had happened as well
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:47 AM

If you've never made fun of anyone, turn them in. They'll likely lose their job in the current environment.
A bit of a tongue lashing from you may be more effective, without someone losing their job over their immaturity.
Praying for your daughter.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
If you've never made fun of anyone, turn them in. They'll likely lose their job in the current environment.
A bit of a tongue lashing from you may be more effective, without someone losing their job over their immaturity.

Ive never Made fum of someone with a disability or mental illness and I was a nurses aid for years.MY mother taught me way better than that

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by run
There is plenty of jobs available, we don't need this nonsense.

Or this. The with them and whatever family they may be supporting.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by cathryn

Ive never Made fum of someone with a disability or mental illness and I was a nurses aid for years.MY mother taught me way better than that

Look I'm not trying to say you have no justification in being mad. Crap like this shouldn't go on but it does and always will. All I'm saying is to weigh the options before acting. IMO you should confront them first before proceeding on. Just my two cents.
Sure hope you find help for your daughter. I can't imagine the stress and pain you bare. Praying for you too.
Posted By: Posco

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by drasselt
It is unfortunate so much mental health crisis falls to cops. There must be a better way.

I couldn't be a cop, I pity them with what they have to go through on a daily basis. Almost always dealing with the dark side of humanity.
Posted By: run

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:25 AM

I hope you find healing and health for your daughter, Cathryn.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:39 AM

If they were fired or removed, Who would have brought the man in? This aint a perfect world and cops aint perfect people.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 11:52 AM

Prayers sent for a recovery of your loved one Cathryn.
This last round has put a lot of strain on everyone heath settings in the hospitals.
Posted By: Koss2005

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 12:36 PM

Your so mad your first instinct is to get on-line? Put down your phone and go tell them that you can hear them and don't appreciate the conversation. Tell them your there with your child. Turn it into a learning situation, if any of them have children maybe they'll start thinking about what they said.

I hope all go's well for you and your's!
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 01:09 PM

It's not a job for the immature.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by virgil1972

It's not a job for the immature.

Correct

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:05 PM

With that badge and uniform you swear to uphold a higher standard of morality Empathy should be something that every human tries to embrace. What they were doing making fun of that person is just wrong. If they were to lose their job it would be nobody's fault but theirs.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:15 PM

Just trying to be Christ like, but as usual it is rejected.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:26 PM

That boys will be boys (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) doesnt work anymore instead of asking what Katheryn has done or said Why not tell me what you would do if someone you knew or loved was subjected to this kind of treatment
Posted By: run

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:31 PM

Those cops were not being Christ like. In my humble opinion. I know they have a tough job. There is not a lot of easy answers. Hopefully Cathryn can get help for her daughter.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:32 PM

Judge, jury, Lynch mob.
I'd need to know more of exactly what was said. Not just hearsay but corroborated by at least another supporting witness. Nothing against the OP, just need more info.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by run
Those cops were not being Christ like. In my humble opinion. I know they have a tough job. There is not a lot of easy answers. Hopefully Cathryn can get help for her daughter.

Nor was I suggesting that. The Bible suggests we approach disputes in private to try to correct them. If that doesn't work then is the time to rebuke publicly.
Posted By: Rye

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 03:02 PM

Just a thought, people who have experienced a great deal of trauma and bad situations often use humor to lighten the load on their mind. I'm reminded of some pretty eff'ed up situations overseas where humor was the only way would could deal with it. I think there are some seriously unrealistic expectations on LEO's these days and I would never encourage anyone to pursue a job in the public service area.
Posted By: charles

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 03:04 PM

Pulling for you and your daughter. Hope all ends well.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 03:21 PM

Something as simple as going to the door and saying We are in Here and can hear every word you are saying would have stopped it.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Horn
Something as simple as going to the door and saying We are in Here and can hear every word you are saying would have stopped it.

That depends on the cop.
Posted By: Boco

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 03:38 PM

Just yell at them-Shut up you ignorant Pricks.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:11 PM

Judge, jury, Lynch mob.
I'd need to know more of exactly what was said. Not just hearsay but corroborated by at least another supporting witness. Nothing against the OP, just need more info.

James has a twin
Who would have thunk it
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
I don't think you no everything that went on before that person was brought to the hospital, maybe they are drunk or on some drug , maybe they are not mental , like you said they don't know that you are listening , to jump to the thought that the person is mental ? , my daughter has mental problems , sometimes it's drugs with her that pushes her over the edge ?, just my two cent , let it be

No matter what the cause there is nothing wrong with expecting a person in a profession to act professional.

But alas, people suck.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:25 PM

Just trying to be Christ like, but as usual it is rejected.

Originally Posted by run

Nor was I suggesting that. The Bible suggests we approach disputes in private to try to correct them. If that doesn't work then is the time to rebuke publicly.

Between believers.

These cops were out of line and should face an attitude correction.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Horn

Stopped it for that instance maybe, corrected it, most likely not.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:27 PM

Maybe letting off steam like that keeps them from being strapped down to Gurney next to him.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Maybe letting off steam like that keeps them from being strapped down to Gurney next to him.

Or maybe they could be a greeter at the local Walmart. whistle
Posted By: Sharon

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Originally Posted by BigBob

Or maybe they could be a greater at the local Walmart. whistle

You probably mean GREETER....

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Judge, jury, Lynch mob.

James has a twin
Who would have thunk it
"color blind Kraut" "color blind Kraut"

Now that's funny. Scuba can't tell red from blue is my guess.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 07:48 PM

Cops deal with the bottom 5% of society every day , mostly scum bags and miserable people . They prolly just needed a good laugh amongst themselves , without anyone eavesdropping . grin

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

You probably mean GREETER....

Thanks. What would I do with out ya?
Posted By: Sharon

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:09 PM

laugh
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:27 PM

They certainly give fuel to the defund the police movement. Fortunately, most police don't behave that way.
Posted By: rex123

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 08:32 PM

More than you think.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:08 PM

I fully understand the great need for police and security personnel to help maintain societal order. However having taught for 31 years at a tech college that had a criminal justice program some of the rowdiest and rudest students were in that program. Some serving in the local areas have not changed their behaviors much if at all. The fact that almost all units or municipalities are having their force go through sensitivity training is that it is needed, was taught but not adhered to or dealing with the clients they deal with creates more aggressive behavior. Is it a training issue, a recruiting and vetting issue or an issue of serving and dealing with the sector of the public their jobs dictate they serve? Ever since Watergate our citizens have continued to feel that any and all institutions are not working in their best interest and the spans all institutions private and public and security forces and personnel need to recognize that fact and respect for institutions needs to be earned back it is not just granted. Learning how to be strong, and assertive and not aggressive is for many a behavioral trait that is developed and if not developed to help in the career of choice work needs to be done to make those changes. Crooks will always be crooks and person who hate any authority will always be with us, but we should be able to train a better security force.

Bryce
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:51 PM

I like police as an institution. I work for a police department. We need police on a civil society. But some of the things I've heard cops say while sitting around the lunch table in the break room at my shop would make any decent person puke, and want these guys off the force. It seems to be a cultural thing, you're an outcast in the department if you to against the grain. It's no wonder why some people don't like cops. The attitude I see around the lunch table absolutely translates into how they treat people out on the street.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/06/21 10:56 PM

They need to defund the police and hire the Hells Angels .

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

The Who already tried that once. Or was it The Rolling Stones??
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 12:15 AM

Seems like all bases have been covered. And I hate to hear your daughter is suffering but we’re all human. We all have days we’re not our best. From what I read they did their job for the man. I don’t see any grounds for firing anyone from a job. If I was in their shoes, an a$$ chewing from a woman like you would have me hanging my head in shame and a will to be better next time.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic

The Who already tried that once. Or was it The Rolling Stones??

it was the Stones, I believe.

[The Who didn't need anyone to fight their battles]
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 01:09 AM

I read, re-read, and read the complaint again.

It is pretty subjective, only generalized behavior. A complaint might be in order. Let their supervisors review what happened. Let them make a decision based upon both sides of the story. The OP was obviously upset, but, is in no position to demand life changing consequences based soley on her opinion.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren

No matter what the cause there is nothing wrong with expecting a person in a profession to act professional.

But alas, people suck.

Very true
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
I read, re-read, and read the complaint again.

It is pretty subjective, only generalized behavior. A complaint might be in order. Let their supervisors review what happened. Let them make a decision based upon both sides of the story. The OP was obviously upset, but, is in no position to demand life changing consequences based soley on her opinion.

Why isn't the op in a position to make life changing consequences? If not her then who is? The conduct was unprofessional -- or construed as unprofessional . It is up to the employer to decide if it is a firing offense or whether any disciplinary action should be taken. I have been around cops and first responders most of my life (good and bad) and support them whole heartedly --- but if your mouth is running where it shouldn't be, you made the choice to live with whatever consequences come your way. It is NEVER permissible to talk badly about your "customer" --- even if you had to just beat the crap outtta them. SAVE IT FOR THE STATION. BTW with all the help wanted signs that I see around here there is easily a job that more suits the character traits -- like mcdonalds.
Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 02:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your daughter and what you both had to deal with . I also applaud your strenght and courage in dealing with the situation. I know many who would not have been so kind to these individuals irregardless of the identity they represent.

I hope your daughter gets all the help she needs and take care of yourself...your daughter is very fortunate to have you as a parent.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 02:25 AM

I've never walked a day in a cops shoes. The moment to say something has past.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 02:30 AM

Cathryn, best all possible outcome for your daughter.
I understand your rage and have experienced first hand two cops bragging to my boss about physically abusing a person AFTER the detainee was cuffed and in the back of their patrol. By their own description the man was totally out of it. Thought he was Tarzan, in a ladies back yard up a tree naked with a rubber knife in his teeth.
The guy had an excuse, he was obviously out of his mind. The police that beat his genitalia with their batons after they had him cuffed and in the car no excuse whatsoever. This was by their own words.
Maybe the rubber knife caused PTSD and they were just working off some kind of stress.
Harris County Tx. One of if not the most corrupt police force in the nation 70s-80s when they crashed hundreds of charges and inditghed. Yeah I know just a bunch of good ol boys partying with the working girls and their drugs and alcohol under the I 610 overpass.
Posted By: Savell

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 02:39 AM

... what’s the point of a rubber knife? ... I get the playing Tarzan part though
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 02:45 AM

Haven’t a clue. Just what the cop said he was doing when they talked him down out of the tree.
Posted By: Ole

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 03:08 AM

Cathryn,
I'm sorry for the stress you are feeling with your daughter's situation. Mental health emergencies are trying for all.

Officers are in a tough situation when they respond to mental health calls. We don't know what transpired prior to your observations, but obviously their person of interest is "under physical" control. At that point a caring human being would normally be thinking about the mental torment that person is feeling. Their behavior as you described it is inexcusable. However, it will not change unless brought to the attention of higher ups. Carefully documenting what specific words and actions occurred is advisable. They don't deserve to be fired, but they do deserve some CIT, crisis intervention training and that is the responsibility of supervisors and city leaders that control budgets.

I hope your daughter can find some immediate relief and longer term mental health care. Recovery is possible. And please find time to care for you too.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 03:25 AM

I don't know you from Adam, but I feel comfortable in saying that you are no better that those dirty cops. Yes, I said dirty cops! I don't care what kind of "stress" they are under. They signed up for that work. They need to suck it up and act like human beings.
If I was in Cathtryn's shoes right now, I would be searching for my inner "Karen" and give those jerks an earful,
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 03:26 AM

I'll bet a lot of the people here bad mouthing the cops would do the same thing, if they thought no one was around. Doesn't make it right, but I'm correct.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I'll bet a lot of the people here bad mouthing the cops would do the same thing, if they thought no one was around. Doesn't make it right, but I'm correct.

Been involved with some of that behavior. You are correct it isn't right -- It is a mechanism to "blow off steam" - and a much needed one. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Hypothetical -- If I was a business (and I am) and employed anyone --- I would want to know how my employees were presenting my business to my customers. Maybe the unions have forgotten that fact -- I'm sure that our politicians have. If I (as a business owner) decide to scold my employee, fire him/her, or say anything at all is my business. Maybe it is time we make the "institutions " accountable for there employees. I am and it can make or destroy my business if I make the wrong decision.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 11:31 AM

[Linked Image]

I have worn a uniform for over twenty years. Every police, fire, EMT and military group has an area to go decompress. A bull pen, bar, mess, fire hall, whatever!

Its easy to fall into the trap of discussing a patient, have done it myself when I was a firefighter. Until a older captain took me aside and explained that the family had overheard my comments, that on one of the worst days of their life's one of the things they would remember is me shooting my mouth off. It was not a malicious thing just a young stupid kid trying to deal with a situation I was not used to.

To the OP, bring it up. It does not have to be to get the members fired but I guarantee that their department would want to know about the behavior. To many uniform members do there jobs well, day in and day out to have their reputations sullied by the few. Bring it up and trust the department to either discipline or educate the members.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/07/21 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Would you have done it, what it seems like, right in front of the patient?

I understand the concept of needing to vent when you're in that position. My wife says the vent to each other all the time about a difficult patient, or a funny thing a patient has done. But it is always in the staff lounge away from the ears of the family or the patient. She even went so far as to say that they've told newer nurses to shut up and pull them into the staff lounge to let them know it's inappropriate.

She also has this look that can get you to lower your eyes really quick. She has been known to use it on cops, firemen, and EMS when they start up. Her one friend says when a cop is being a jerk they'll send one of two nurses in to let them know they are being jerks. She said after that all that is needed is the look. I know I've been bad when I feel those eyes burning a hole in my skull from behind. I may not know what I did, but I always apologize quickly for my transgression.....

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 03:09 AM

As far as I can tell from the facts presented, those cops did at least two things that day:
  • They grabbed some perpetrator off the street doing who knows what; but, probably threating public safety.
  • They delivered said perp to a psychiatric facility and joked about whatever he did while handing him off at the care facility.
It sounds like a bit of sensitivity training, or maybe a more remote induction location is in order.
Posted By: Ridge6375

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 03:16 AM

What county are you in?

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 03:53 AM

If I were Cathryn I would do two things:
  • Report the entire situation to the City, County, and Hospital. It was obviously a stressful ordeal for all involved. It surely could have been avoided, and probably requires some changes.
  • Change my signature. The word "idiot" is a mental condition that is certainly offensive to some

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 11:41 AM

T-Rex,
You're joshing on your 2nd suggestion to Cathryn, right?
Idiot is not a 21st century mental condition. It's been an English word for quite some time for a person of low intelligence and I don't know any medical personnel that uses the word idiot in their diagnosis now-a-days.
We scrubbing all the words now that are offensive to anyone?
Gonna be a long line and a long list.
By your definition of cancel culture criteria, you'd have to then admit that the word "trapper" is an offensive word to "some" so it should be scrubbed also.
I'm not much of a cancel culture guy.
It's an endless, self-righteous pit used by people not using their full measure of intelligence = idiots.

Anyway, when someone tells me, "Don't be an idiot," I know that someone knows the true meaning of this word.
Use my intelligence. Whatever level I have.

Cathryn may be correct about the orchard comment wink

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
T-Rex,

Wrong. Idiot is used as an insult, right along with retard and stupid. There is no way that word can be used with a pleasant connotation.

You may be correct about the validity of the signature. Keep in mind that valid and sensitive may or may not be independent of each other.

BTW, I have no recollection of defining, or even mentioning cancel culture.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 05:53 PM

Idiotic thinking.
It's people's hearts to blame.
Not statues.
Or words.
Or pixy dust.
Or any of the idols people often blame.
It's just plain people.

Go ahead ban a word because people use it incorrectly. They'll find another one. Ban that. They'll invent one.
Sound familiar?
It should.
Woke?

Ban trapper while you're at it.
It's offensive to some.

I don't play the cancel game.
Because it doesn't work and it's divisive.

Oh and please note good use of my English. I am not using idiotic as a noun (name). I'm using it as a verb (action).
Didn't want you to think I was being accusative.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 06:23 PM

T-Rex,
Idiot is not a 21st century mental condition. It's been an English word for quite some time for a person of low intelligence and I don't know any medical personnel that uses the word idiot in their diagnosis now-a-days.
By your definition of cancel culture criteria, you'd have to then admit that the word "trapper" is an offensive word to "some" so it should be scrubbed also.
It's an endless, self-righteous pit used by people not using their full measure of intelligence = idiots.

Anyway, when someone tells me, "Don't be an idiot," I know that someone knows the true meaning of this word.

I guess you have not herd the medical term Idiot savant?
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 06:26 PM

Im not the best in english but it seems shes calling most everybody here out with the word idiot in that slogan LOL. Probably could be a noun or a verb, and Im sure used jokingly, I dont care doesnt bother me, Its kind of funny. Didnt really notice it until someone mentioned it earlier.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 06:28 PM

Its pronounced ejit.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 06:49 PM

Canadian is Ahhhhgit

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 07:33 PM

T-Rex,

I guess you have not herd the medical term Idiot savant?

You mean the modern term savant syndrome?

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 07:37 PM

Oh sorry Mark hope I didnt hurt your inner child by not using the lib newspeak more politically correct term that you prefer.

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 07:47 PM

Not sure what you're referring to Boco. Lib newspeak?
You know I kill wild animals, right? wink grin
Posted By: Savell

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/08/21 08:48 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 12:12 AM

Before you do - can I get your permission to laugh eek

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 12:42 AM

Idiotic thinking...

Oh and please note good use of my English. I am not using idiotic as a noun (name). I'm using it as a verb (action).
My mommie made me go to public school. I didn't even pay much attention there. But, according to what I remember getting learned.....You used it as an ADVERB. Thinking is the verb; idiotic is used as an adverb.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 01:18 AM

Without reading through 5 pages, did she turn them in or say something to them or not?

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 01:23 AM

Not
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Not

Thanks.
Posted By: DugK

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 12:21 PM

I believe this is the county sheriff, he just made the news. Lead by example.
https://www.jacksonnewspapers.com/s...sgender-posts-facebook-lgbtq/7886172002/
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by DugK
I believe this is the county sheriff, he just made the news. Lead by example.
https://www.jacksonnewspapers.com/s...sgender-posts-facebook-lgbtq/7886172002/

Looks like he called it correctly .

Good for him
Posted By: DWC

Re: I am SO angry right now - 07/09/21 03:19 PM

Hes absolutely right. Also, im glad im not single. Dating would be confusing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums