Home

I’m a Paw Paw

Posted By: Wanna Be

I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 03:21 AM

After 24hrs of being in induced labor, my DIL’s doctor decided to take the baby. Due to stupid rules only 2 people were allowed in (My son and his MIL) and we were going to have to wait until visiting hours tomorrow before we could see the baby. I was fine with that until my son called in tears saying he was scared something was going to happen.
Well, I made a promise to all my “babies” when they were born that Daddy would always protect them and be there for them, so I jumped in the truck and hauled butt. I grabbed $2K out of the drawer and figured I’d use it as bail money or bribe money.
Went in the emergency entrance and explained I knew visiting hours were over but I was about to become a Paw Paw and I needed to see my son. I told them about the money and said I’ll pay bail now or bribe, which was it going to be. The security guard laughed and buzzed me upstairs to Labor and Delivery. I got up there and told the receptionist the same story. She told me to pick up a phone attached to the wall and sweet talk whoever answered. I did and again told the same story. The nurse on the other end said to give her about an hour because I was already a Paw Paw and she’d send my son out soon.
I waited and my son came out and we did the hug, pat on the back, maybe shed a tear or two, and talked a little thing boys and their dads do. He got a call and walked off. He came back and said that door is about to open, be standing there ready when it does.
A cute young nurse opened the door and said don’t look at me and I won’t look at you. She said, I was on my way back from the bathroom and apparently you followed me in. She then said, I’ll point to the door your granddaughter is in and you go in it. When you leave, you walk out like you own the place…and congrats Paw Paw, lol.
I ain’t gonna lie, I was tearing up a little just seeing my DIL, but fell apart when I saw the most beautiful precious baby I’d ever seen lying on her chest.
Meet Ellie Jane, my first grandchild!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Savell

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 03:22 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 03:30 AM

Congratulations and God bless the little one!
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 03:33 AM

Awesome paw paw.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Awesome!
Posted By: warrior

That's a real cutie, better watch out she steal your heart. Congrats!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 12:37 PM

Congrats I don't know that they get much cuter than that!
Posted By: chas3457

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 12:52 PM

Congratulations. That is one beautiful baby right there.

I fully understand your thought process and actions leading up to your getting to be there for your Son.

Your life has changed forever now, just so you know. That little bundle of love will have you wrapped around her finger at every turn. grin

Charlie
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

their always cuter when the head don't get squished on the way out but it makes them look 3-4 days older

congrats Wanna Be
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:02 PM

Congrats!!
Posted By: Posco

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Leftlane

their always cuter when the head don't get squished on the way out but it makes them look 3-4 days older

congrats Wanna Be

Conehead, just like her mother. An old boss told me that when he first introduced me to his brand new daughter.

Congrats on the new granddaughter, nothing better.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:11 PM

Let the spoiling begin. LOL Congrats
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:12 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: slydogx

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 01:18 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:01 PM

Congratulations! My Old Man used to wear this ball cap my Bride bought him, it said "If I knew Grandkids were this much fun, I'd of had them first!". I found out that's true 4 years ago. Now you know too.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:07 PM

Congratulations! She is beautiful!
And that was a very nice, touching story. I'm not a grandpa yet, I'm 35 and my oldest of the three is 15, but your story took me back to the delivery room....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:11 PM

Big Congratulations...they Change your World!!!
Posted By: adam m

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:11 PM

Congrats. Thanks for the awesome story and pictures.

I would've done the same thing
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:26 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:31 PM

Congrats. Cute little one
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:32 PM

Congratulations, beautiful baby.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 02:55 PM

Congratulations to the new mom and dad ! Ellie Jane is a pretty name !

Now where's the cigars ha ha !
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 07:55 PM

Sweet!
Posted By: Mac

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 08:42 PM

Congratulations. Awesome picture, very very adorable.
Mac
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 09:24 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 10:36 PM

Congratulations, she is a keeper.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/07/21 10:58 PM

Thank you gentlemen. I got to hold her for the first time today and fell in love all over again. I’ve raised nothing but boys so this little baby girl hit hard.
The mother in law was there last night and she happens to be the plantation managers wife where I trap, they are both great friends, but have never seen my “soft” side. She said you’re the one we call when things need taken care of that no one else has the heart to do and now I see you’re nothing but a big ole softy when it comes to babies, lol!
It’s looking like they’ll be coming home tomorrow and I can’t wait!! Oh yeah, this is the male child that bought a house across the street from us…I’ll get plenty of “baby” time with Ell J!
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/08/21 02:32 AM

Congratulations
Little Ellie will lead you around like your on a leash.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: I’m a Paw Paw - 07/08/21 03:27 AM

Congratulations!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums