Home

Robo calls increasing

Posted By: charles

Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 03:53 PM

A couple of weeks ago new rules went into effect regarding robocalls. I was hoping the problem calls would diminish, but if anything, mine have grown worse. The most annoying calls I get are from my phone provider!
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 04:08 PM

Ya, it reminds me of that Whack A Mole game. Every time legislators enact some new rule or regulation, the robo people just find another way around. We got rid of our home phone because of them. Now my "SmartPhone" tells me when its a spam call most of the time, but unless I recognize the number, I don't answer my cell phone either. If I know them, they will leave a message and I can call them back.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 04:29 PM

I also got rid of my land line at home. I still have to have one for the business. The robocalls on there aren't too bad.

If you call me on my cell phone and I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. If that number fails to leave a voicemail I block it permanently. I have hundreds of numbers blocked. It seems to help.

I heard about the new legislation, I just shook my head and thought, "Yeah, that'll stop em." LOL
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
Ya, it reminds me of that Whack A Mole game. Every time legislators enact some new rule or regulation, the robo people just find another way around. We got rid of our home phone because of them. Now my "SmartPhone" tells me when its a spam call most of the time, but unless I recognize the number, I don't answer my cell phone either. If I know them, they will leave a message and I can call them back.

My cell phone tells me when it's spam too. Otherwise, I treat every call the same as you. If I don't know the number or caller, I don't answer it. If it's someone I know, they'll leave a message.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 04:56 PM

I would be okay with drone strikes on robo call centers. wink

Keith
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 05:01 PM

the new legislation tries to make it harder to spoof a caller ID

unfortunately if you read it , it exempts most rural phone carriers so that they don't have to update any equipment to continue providing service

guess where most of us live
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 05:35 PM

They cannot even protect you from robo calls but want you to believe they can protect your life.
Posted By: Spade

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 07:16 PM

Medicare Rewards calls are terrible, sometimes 7 or 8 per day starting at 9am and not quitting until after 6 pm, and I'm on the federal do not call list. (more wasted taxpayer $)
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 07:24 PM

When I was in CA I got one on my cell phone, (that had a number I only had for the two weeks I was there), that was a recorded message from some law enforcement branch telling me that they had found fraudulent activity and there was a warrant for my arrest. Then I was instructed to press 1 to speak with someone. I hung up, but was suspicious because I had done some banking when I was in town selling the house. My realtor was there when I got the call and I told him about it. He laughed and told me he gets those all the time.

What will they think of next.

Pete
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I would be okay with drone strikes on robo call centers. wink

Keith

But; but there would not be a 3 story left standing in a certain foreign country if that was the case.
Posted By: run

Re: Robo calls increasing - 07/12/21 10:17 PM

LOL. I wonder which country these robocalls come from?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums