Home

South Africa on the verge of civil war

Posted By: warrior

South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 10:13 PM

https://www.reuters.com/world/afric...-safricas-former-leader-zuma-2021-07-12/

Meanwhile, the leader of the free world is hiding his own Easter eggs.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 10:44 PM

SA has been in trouble for many years now. Outside of one talk radio show, everyone else has been quiet about it.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 10:55 PM

South Africa will go the way of Rhodesia. Both countries were better under Apartheid.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 10:55 PM

Sounds just like Portland, Seattle, and a few other cities last year.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
https://www.reuters.com/world/afric...-safricas-former-leader-zuma-2021-07-12/

Meanwhile, the leader of the free world is hiding his own Easter eggs.

No, he was attending an “Increase in crime” summit with city leaders.

Solution: More federal money to hire more police. lol
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/12/21 11:33 PM

Had some SA people working in town doing summer visa work they did NOT want to go back and that was over 10 years ago.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 01:38 AM

A group of missionaries who had been over there and the stories they told of white land owners being butchered were hair raising. Apparently you can do that with impunity over there
Posted By: Posco

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
A group of missionaries who had been over there and the stories they told of white land owners being butchered were hair raising. Apparently you can do that with impunity over there

I looked into that about a month ago and the media source I read said white farmers weren't being killed in disproportionate numbers. That story ran contrary to almost everything else I've heard. The media sucks.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 01:57 AM

Yeah media has become almost as trustworthy as "science" anymore.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by Leftlane

I looked into that about a month ago and the media source I read said white farmers weren't being killed in disproportionate numbers. That story ran contrary to almost everything else I've heard. The media sucks.

compared to what??? besides this has been going on for years probably out of white farmers
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:06 AM

They were limited on gun ownership the guy Peter from SA that hung out with the youngest boy walked in the house one day he looked at the gun cabinet and goes, “how many guns can you have?” That made me laugh.

Gun ownership was utilitarian there every gun has a job or you could not own it, one of this or that but not multiples of the same weapons for collecting.

Military service was mandatory the SA the people I talked to were not in a hurry to get back to that.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:11 AM

I saw a documentary on the preparations white farmers make to flee quickly when the blacks start killing them again. They train the whites to leave behind any family members, who aren't in their bug out vehicles in a matter of minutes, so that they don't all get killed. People that get left behind are taught to suicide to avoid being tortured and raped. The people they interviewed all expected to have to flee or die soon.

Keith
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:43 AM

Met with a missionary yesterday afternoon. He works with our school and hospital in Burkina Faso and with others in Nigeria. He said South Africa was getting worse by the day. Sad it was a great agricultural provider for all of Africa
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:56 AM

There's at least one SA guy living in the states on tman, maybe more. I haven't seen him comment on this thread. I wonder if he went over to help get kin out or to maybe fight. There used to be an old saying about much of Africa, "one vote, one time". Very sad to see how seemingly "settled" things slip into chaos and destruction. Part of the fallen nature of humankind...
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 12:01 PM

I have a very good friend born and raised there. He is still working and has no desire to leave.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 02:57 PM

Let it return to a jungle, only the strong survive, way they want to run that whole continent.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Let it return to a jungle, only the strong survive, way they want to run that whole continent.

SA is mostly desert , high dessert , savannah and grass land it looks a lot more like Nevada , Arizona and New Mexico than jungle
Posted By: mnsota

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 03:50 PM

Keep the fighting in the cities, perhaps giving the remaining white farmers time to escape.South Africa has been sliding into the abyss for some time now,going the way of Rhodesia and Kenya. It won't be able to support itself without significant land being left in the hands of the white man. That option dwindles as Zuma calls for their killings.
Posted By: Boco

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 04:54 PM

I dont think you will see many Boers flee south Africa.They are fighters and not bothered at all by killing a few Kaffirs.
Never been there but had a White South African girlfriend when I was living in England in 76.
Also worked with a White South African for a while-great guy he was previously in the merchant navy and had a lot of great storys he would tell in the pub after work.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: South Africa on the verge of civil war - 07/13/21 05:00 PM

The bigger farmers around our part of the state are hiring south African farm hands as fast as they can get them over here. The deal they make to hire them is they help them find a place to live, provide them a vehicle to drive and pay them at least $15 an hour. It's getting to the point where you see way more of them in the field than Mexicans. My employer has even talked about hiring them in the welding shop because nobody else around wants to work. I read that Australia has taken in a good deal of them as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums