Home

Question for Jurassic Park?

Posted By: run

Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 01:12 AM

What is the difference between a crepe and a buttermilk pancake? I hope this is not a stupid question. My curiosity is killing me.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 01:24 AM

He is still under his truck looking for the Geo-tracker or at least the spot they put it on. Should be dark in an hour for him to look.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Northof50
He is still under his truck looking for the Geo-tracker or at least the spot they put it on. Should be dark in an hour for him to look.

Ha! Just got some cell service on these backroads. wink

Thought you would have been able to prove all of Tman how bad I am. Still waiting…

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 01:47 AM

run, I don’t know for sure, but I think buttermilk pancakes are just pancakes made with buttermilk instead of regular milk or water.

Crepes on the other hand are very thin! Not fluffy like a pancake. Google will probably help you more than I can.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 01:51 AM

... I heard that a man could eat a pancake and still be considered borderline heterosexual... the opposite is the case with a crepe from what I understand

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 02:00 AM

I’m so not gay that I can eat crepes and post pics of it for the world to see.

What do you eat, sausage?

Lol
Posted By: Savell

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 02:07 AM

... grits, bacon... biscuits and gravy

... but that was pretty good for an arm shaving crepe sniffin Canadian lol
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 02:09 AM

a crepe is a very thin pancake with a higher egg content and a little milk a very thin batter and no leavening agent

a buttermilk pancake tends to be a thick and big and fluffy with air pockets lots of curdled milk or butter milk some eggs , high flour content.

you can make a good butter milk substitute with about 2 tablespoons of vinegar per quart of whole milk

because the curdled whole or butter milk is much thicker than other milk you can add a lot more milk to the flour without it getting thin and runny batter.

Posted By: Boco

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 02:14 AM

A gammon steak,fried hog jowls and blood puddin make a great breakfast.

In the bush smoked goose with oatmeal and washed down with hot tea blos is a good start on a cold morning on the line.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 02:45 AM

Flap jacks sound manlier than pancakes.
Posted By: run

Re: Question for Jurassic Park? - 07/15/21 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
a crepe is a very thin pancake with a higher egg content and a little milk a very thin batter and no leavening agent

a buttermilk pancake tends to be a thick and big and fluffy with air pockets lots of curdled milk or butter milk some eggs , high flour content.

you can make a good butter milk substitute with about 2 tablespoons of vinegar per quart of whole milk

because the curdled whole or butter milk is much thicker than other milk you can add a lot more milk to the flour without it getting thin and runny batter.

Probably the most helpful.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums