Home

Advanced Child Tax Credit

Posted By: Trapper7

Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:09 PM

My daughter will receive $250 a month for her only daughter. She refused the money and told them she didn't want the money. To reject the money her and her husband had to go online, submit a copy of their drivers licenses, send a recent photo of themselves and submit their SS#. Otherwise, the money would automatically be sent to them. It seems it's much harder to not take the money than it is to take it.

I heard this morning on the radio Biden wants to extend this program for at least another year, to 2025, or permanently. Wow! I guess money does grow on trees!
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:17 PM

Did she reject the money or just defer out? If you defer out you still get the money at the end of the year when you do taxes. I personally am going to take the monthly payments and put them into accounts for my children. Just as I have done on the Covid relief bills. I'm sure plenty of people will be rolling out to buy a new T.V. today, but there are some of us that can still use the money wisely.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:24 PM

Money does grow on trees
That's why banks have branches.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:35 PM

$250 per kid per month , now nobody will want to work a job - just have kids like rabbits.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:40 PM

This all has to be paid for sooner or later. This country is broke. Higher taxes and inflation sooner or later.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Did she reject the money or just defer out? If you defer out you still get the money at the end of the year when you do taxes. I personally am going to take the monthly payments and put them into accounts for my children. Just as I have done on the Covid relief bills. I'm sure plenty of people will be rolling out to buy a new T.V. today, but there are some of us that can still use the money wisely.

No, she rejected the money. She has a good job and said they don't need the money. She feels this money will just put our children and grandchildren in deep debt and it has gone on far too long.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog
Money does grow on trees

Good one! grin
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:10 PM

That $250/month will help a lot of families.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:18 PM

I know some people who came from big families and grew up in the bush..
One family 26 kids and the other family 28 kids (that survived).All the kids worked to cut wood,produce meat for the pot, fish,etc from the time they could walk.
No free gov't money in those days(and no birth control).Some kids died young.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:21 PM

Money does grow on trees

grin
Posted By: white17

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by SJA
Money does grow on trees

grin

Leave it alone !!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Until the note comes due and then we'll all suffer.
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
This all has to be paid for sooner or later. This country is broke. Higher taxes and inflation sooner or later.

There is no paying it off. There is not enough money in existence to pay all the debts in existence.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:01 PM

Who?

If you can’t afford to take care of your kids, it’s not the tax payers job.

Kids are not a guaranteed right, you have them, you feed them. There are already tons of government giveaways to help those who have fallen on hard times and all of them are abused by lazy people.

We are broke, we can’t afford it.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

Until the note comes due and then we'll all suffer.

We are already going to suffer. Inflation is everywhere.

But hey, the quickest way to destroy the country is bankrupt it. That is exactly what the chinese are paying biden to do.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:10 PM

Well who is getting this money that bothers you so much? Are you anti American?

They are investing the money back into American families. That money is going somewhere whether you like it or not, and if it’s being given to families in your own country and most likely to yourselves, then that is the best place they can put it.

Maybe you’d rather see it given to foreign countries as foreign aid.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:15 PM

They are investing the money back into American families. That money is going somewhere whether you like it or not, and if it’s being given to families in your own country and most likely to yourselves, then that is the best place they can put it.

Let the Americans who earned the money keep it.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:22 PM

What do you mean k snow? As an American don’t you have to pay taxes? Pay your share like every one else and don’t fuss about it.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:26 PM

What do you mean k snow? As an American don’t you have to pay taxes? Pay your share like every one else and don’t fuss about it.

Yes, I do pay taxes. But I don't think tax money should be handed out in a child tax credit form, at all. Let me keep the money I earned.

Not everyone pays their share. There are massive unemployment benefits being handed out right now. Where does that money come from? People who work for a living.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I know some people who came from big families and grew up in the bush..
One family 26 kids and the other family 28 kids (that survived).All the kids worked to cut wood,produce meat for the pot, fish,etc from the time they could walk.
No free gov't money in those days(and no birth control).Some kids died young.

Breed them biden would pay the family with 28 kids $364,000 a year of other people's money.

Keith
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:33 PM

My Mom raised 6 children without the $250/kid. She could of used it but we got by on the farm without a government hand out. You have to steal the money from someone else to give it to other people.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 04:55 PM

This incentive helps so much with ZPG...

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 05:14 PM

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

They are here among us.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 05:15 PM

You either get in now or at tax time. The child tax credit has been here for years. It's just a different way of payment.
Posted By: keystone

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
You either get in now or at tax time. The child tax credit has been here for years. It's just a different way of payment.

Exactly!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 05:46 PM

People that don't pay (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) for taxes are getting lots of this money. They're riding the system to no end. They didn't pay this money in and don't deserve it in a lot of cases. Hard working people that pay the tax money are getting raked over the coals. Receiving nothing and paying the Lions share.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 06:04 PM

And destroy a lot of others.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 06:11 PM

Wouldn't it be smarter not to spend it at all since they've already over spent?

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 06:14 PM

It's no wonder why there are so many businesses out there looking for people to work. Why work when you can make as much or more just by staying home?
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 06:16 PM

Jurassic on this you're way off base. I remember when Romney gave the statistic that 47% of people tax paying age in the US pay zero, zilch, nada in net income taxes. Many are getting massive government benefits and tax breaks they didn't earn on top of paying nothing to start with. In no way shape or form should a person or family get more money back on taxes than they pay in.

I'll pay my share but I don't want to pay someone else's too. My wife and I don't have kids so there's no tax breaks here, but we certainly are paying for other people's kids. I know several people that play the system and live off my back and it's not easy keeping quiet about it. Society would be much better off without them period. In many cases it's a family tradition and the cycle will never end. In those cases It'd be in society's best interest to spay or neuter the kids when they hit about 14. After 2 kids and you're living on welfare for your income the adults should be fixed too. I said it and if you don't like it too bad. The U.S. has far to many leaches here. We'll gladly send you some if you want.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 06:28 PM

Stop picking on JP.
He has 14 or 15 kids so far.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:02 PM

That $250/month will hurt alot of families.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23
Jurassic on this you're way off base. I remember when Romney gave the statistic that 47% of people tax paying age in the US pay zero, zilch, nada in net income taxes. Many are getting massive government benefits and tax breaks they didn't earn on top of paying nothing to start with. In no way shape or form should a person or family get more money back on taxes than they pay in.

I'll pay my share but I don't want to pay someone else's too. My wife and I don't have kids so there's no tax breaks here, but we certainly are paying for other people's kids. I know several people that play the system and live off my back and it's not easy keeping quiet about it. Society would be much better off without them period. In many cases it's a family tradition and the cycle will never end. In those cases It'd be in society's best interest to spay or neuter the kids when they hit about 14. After 2 kids and you're living on welfare for your income the adults should be fixed too. I said it and if you don't like it too bad. The U.S. has far to many leaches here. We'll gladly send you some if you want.

I wonder how you would feel about this if you had kids.

I wonder how many of these hard working business people that pay a lot of taxes apply for their share of gov’t grants. If there’s money to receive, you’ll find it!

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Stop picking on JP.
He has 14 or 15 kids so far.

8. And counting!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:32 PM

I've had kids, grandkids and great-grandchildren JP and I don't support this money grab. It just isn't taken and paid out fairly. I wonder how you would feel is you LIVED in the USA
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:40 PM

Move to the US $2000/month!

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I've had kids, grandkids and great-grandchildren JP and I don't support this money grab. It just isn't taken and paid out fairly. I wonder how you would feel is you LIVED in the USA

I wonder how you would feel if you had kids that you were raising at home right now.

I’ve noticed people find things not fair when others get what they didn’t.

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason
Move to the US $2000/month!

I get more than that in Canada laugh
Posted By: NEMOparttimer

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:45 PM

I don't think most people are understanding this. This is no different than it's been for a LONG time, it is just paid in advance throughout the year instead of 1 lump sum at tax return time. The amount of the annual credit was also increased which was unnecessary. A lot of people are going to be very unhappy at tax time when they don't get that big payment they are counting on.
Posted By: white17

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 07:51 PM

“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
Thomas Sowell
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale

I wonder how you would feel if you had kids that you were raising at home right now.

I’ve noticed people find things not fair when others get what they didn’t.

What went wrong in your life to make you think anyone else beside you and your wife are responsible for taking care of your own children, that you chose to make?

Why should other people have to give their property to support you and your family? Do you own the people that are being robbed to support you?

What makes you more important then the people forced to support you?

Apparently you have no shame or sense of responsibility.

I hope a beaver neuters you in deep water, like you worry about. grin

Keith
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 09:47 PM

White17 Exactly!!!!!

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by white17
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
Thomas Sowell

Exactly
Posted By: MNEric

Re: Advanced Child Tax Credit - 07/15/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by NEMOparttimer

I don't think most people are understanding this. This is no different than it's been for a LONG time, it is just paid in advance throughout the year instead of 1 lump sum at tax return time. The amount of the annual credit was also increased which was unnecessary. A lot of people are going to be very unhappy at tax time when they don't get that big payment they are counting on.

Bingo!!! Come tax time there will be surprises for some if they don’t adjust what they claim for defendants on their paychecks. (for those who work)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums