Home

Is ammo back?

Posted By: DWC

Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:02 AM

A walmart in a town south of me had quite a selection of .22 rounds and various other stuff. Far from full but its a start. Scheels is stacked with a few calibers but they want good money for it. The walmart wasnt price gouging. I have plenty so i only got some .410 to kill some rabbits with. Hopefully one guy didnt come wipe it out for everyone as i didnt see a limit. A small slice of normal for a change.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:09 AM

I noticed our local rural king finally had real ammo in stock. 5.56/.223 ammo has been plentiful around here, though prices till recently was 1.00 a cartridge. Think the stuff at RK the other day ranged from around $0.75 to $2 on .223/5.56 depending on brand and type of load.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:11 AM

It's getting better albeit slowly.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
It's getting better albeit slowly.

yup
slowly with still fairly high prices
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:57 AM

Good to hear. Shelves aren’t as empty on the ammo here. Reloading supplies, on the other hand, are still nonexistent. I have been slowly stocking up on bullets and once fired brass, but powder and primers are not to be found locally.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 04:29 AM

Not here.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 04:29 AM

Starting to see more powder. I picked up a couple of pounds of CFE 223 this weekend, seen maybe a dozen of different other kinds I wasn't interested in. I'd like a couple more pound of H335 and some Varget. When it comes to primers, I seen quite a bit of cci small rifle and some small pistol over the early summer but that has been dried up the last 3 weeks or so. I seen some large pistol primers the other day, haven't seen those for a year. Large rifle has been non existant as well.

Bullet selection sucks, I've been looking for some 40 grain bergers in 20 cal. I suppose I'm going to have to break down and buy some at online prices soon, my barrel should be about done.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 05:54 AM

The only place there should be an ammo shortage is Washington, DC.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Not here.

Here either
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 08:40 AM

No ammo at local Wally world as usual. Gun store has very small selection mostly odd calibers
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 11:18 AM

Our Walmart had a little ammo. I got the last box of 22’s. They mostly had large odd caliber left on the shelf.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 11:21 AM

not here. walmart had nothing this weekend
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 12:09 PM

I started a thread last week telling about I found 22 at Walmart and paid 18 bucks for a 325 round carton. Geez would have thought I committed treason for going into the Walmart because my wife told me too. Paul had to pull it because of the usual suspects.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 01:23 PM

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt you brag about buying some to triple your money?
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 01:44 PM

Haven't looked at walmart because I haven't been their in over a year.
I frequent2 gun shops that didn't have the problems getting ammo or reloading components.
Y'all seem to forget whos side wallyworld is on.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 02:07 PM

We started getting some on shelves , picked up 223 ammo the other day at Cabela's .
Got some shot gun shell's also.
Still no 300 ultra shell's, or 30-06 or 270.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 02:11 PM

So Wally World gets the ammo in and sells it at the normal mark up and they are not on our side? Confused

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 02:44 PM

I bummed some 30-06 shell's off my uncle, but he just said Walmart in Sioux falls some.
We are going to look around today for ammo.
Does sound like south Dakota have more to offer for ammo than my area does.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 02:48 PM

Walmarts here have moved trail cameras and such into the ammo cases...........don't think they plan on moving ammo back in but I do hope I'm wrong. They are still selling guns.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 03:56 PM

Stopped in Tulsa last Friday and managed to score a couple boxes of bullets that had been impossible to get. Price was in line with pre-panic rates... Maybe a buck or two higher, not outrageous.

However their powder was through the roof... Reloder 22 was $60 a pound. But I'm thinking that wasn't necessarily gouging as much as it was trying to keep it on the shelf and prevent hoarding/reselling. I don't know... But it stayed on the shelf. I can drive 20 minutes down the road to Claremore and get powder cheaper... $43 a pound. Not great, but doable.

Primers were outrageous too... They wanted $24.99 for a 100 ct sleeve of Federal 215 GMM... They stayed on the shelf too... I've got 1000's of Rem 9.5M's I'll use up before I pay that.

Ammo was plentiful for the most part. Some chamberings were still missing, but it was better than I had seen in a while. Still fairly spendy though.

It's slowly getting better. I'm hearing scuttlebutt from local dealers that it's supposed to be a lot better by the end of August... Who knows.

Mike
Posted By: Posco

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 04:56 PM

Our local Walmart took ammo off the shelves months ago except for birdshot. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like like I'm in Antifa central. I'm thankful I have a buddy who loaded me up a bunch of 5.56 and .45 ammo. He doesn't charge me a dime.
Posted By: charles

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 05:12 PM

If you need 5.56 of any pistol caliber, it is available. Not much out there for hunters yet.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 05:39 PM

Still can't find many/any 12ga target loads, when I do (other than the Wally), they are $10 a box...makes a day of trap for my son awfully expensive. Went to a shoot yesterday, set me back about $450, just for him!
Posted By: MJM

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by DWC
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt you brag about buying some to triple your money?

Posted By: garymc

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 06:55 PM

Cabelas in Wheeling WV was fairly stocked with some shotgun and alot of 223/5.56 but it was pricey. Walmarts around here are still bare they are getting some, but it disappears quickly.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by DWC

Don’t know if it was bragging just said I took it to a pawn shop and “ pawned “ it for lot more than I paid for it .
You ever buy something and resale it for a profit?
Think that is how our economy works
Rub you wrong ??? Lol lol lol
Get over it or die mad My knew slogan !!!
Posted By: trap master

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/19/21 10:25 PM

[quote=Yukon John]Still can't find many/any 12ga target loads, when I do (other than the Wally), they are $10 a box...makes a day of trap for my son awfully expensive. Went to a shoot yesterday, set me back about $450, just for him![/quote

Yukon you a trap or sporting clays shooter? If you reload shotshells I've got 50k federal 209a primers $40/1000 and probably 45 bags of 7 1/2's and 8's $35 a bag. I've sold quite a bit to guys at powder creek. Just FYI if you can use it.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by DWC

Don’t know if it was bragging just said I took it to a pawn shop and “ pawned “ it for lot more than I paid for it .
You ever buy something and resale it for a profit?
Think that is how our economy works
Rub you wrong ??? Lol lol lol
Get over it or die mad My knew slogan !!!

Your original post on this thread indicated people were mad u went to walmart. Im telling you people commented on you bragging you are part of the problem for ammo shortage. If you get on here boasting how much money you made from price gouging, expect negative comments. I doubt too many are impressed by your keen eye for business. You seemed confused-hopefully its been explained well enough
Posted By: keets

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 01:15 AM

grin

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:00 AM

If some of you guys worried about your own ammo you would not have time to worry about others. LOL
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
If some of you guys worried about your own ammo you would not have time to worry about others. LOL

Your not worried about it are you?
And I do worry about other people's ammo. I've sold some of mine to 4 different people that were in need and offered it to about 6 others who mentioned they were getting short. At my cost of course.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:19 AM

Dwc if I was hoarding or exploiting any one I would have purchased 2 boxes as it is allowed here. I only got one Then I didn’t put it under the bed like the hoarder you call me I DIDNT charge an individual 3 times my cost I pawned it. I DIDNT gouge anyone!!! Geez you ride the short bus You ever look at mark up on retail items ?
Hey you must either really be bored or just a very unhappy person in your life ! Smile enjoy your time on earth !
Or even still you do your thing and let others do theirs. But I’ll sleep good tonight and every night
Oh I might add since that is the ONLY box of shells of any kind I have bought from a store in 4 years I doubt I fit the description of a shell hoarder!! Lol

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:22 AM

Your wrong about the original before the mouthy ones got it axed. The first comment was mouthing about me not supporting local gun shops instead of Walmart

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

And I do worry about other people's ammo. I've sold some of mine to 4 different people that were in need and offered it to about 6 others who mentioned they were getting short. At my cost of course.

Careful if you sir have extra to sell you might be a hoarder lol

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:34 AM

Bought mine all well before the shortage started. I'd be more worried about being called a gouger than a hoarder anyway

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:43 AM

Bought mine all well before the shortage started. I'd be more worried about being called a gouger than a hoarder anyway

That’s just being head of the game is all same here I had a bunch and rotated out some to be replaced later if not I’m still good.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 02:57 AM

How is a contract between two willing participants gouging?

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:02 AM

[Linked Image]
Here's a good place to start for understanding what price gouging means

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:08 AM

Sounds like that was published by a Democrat.

I could be persuaded when it comes to necessities but the rest is the free market at work.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:11 AM

[Linked Image]
Here's a good place to start for understanding what price gouging means

Apparently Yes Sir here, that's just referred to as "capitalism"!

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:21 AM

I don’t see why I’d be investing in anything that’s so popular anytime of the year and everyone should have it, then sell it for what I paid for it to others that did not prepare. LOL Family and friends sure I would but they would get called a few names first. whistle

This is not the first shortage in recent years and they still did not come up with a solid plan by now?

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:24 AM

There's a line for me between capitalism and taking advantage of people or situations to make unfair profits. Is it against the law probably not. Just because you can it doesn't always mean you should. I'm pretty sure most wouldn't like our wives or kids being taking advantage of under the blanket of capitalism. For me there are things that are legal but morally I just won't do. My view from the cheap seats. grin

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:28 AM

Jerry, do you suppose some will learn this time around?

I had to learn it the last time and even this time got me off guard on a few things. I started shooting a new caliber last fall for coyotes and almost ran short. I am in the process of getting a new barrel built. If an when this straightens out it'll never happen again.

Well until I get a new caliber again lol.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:32 AM

I don’t see why I’d be investing in anything that’s so popular anytime of the year and everyone should have it, then sell it for what I paid for it to others that did not prepare. LOL Family and friends sure I would but they would get called a few names first. whistle

This is not the first shortage in recent years and they still did not come up with a solid plan by now?

I will say for me buying pre-shortage and selling to people that are wanting to stock up during a shortage for a profit is different than say being in Walmart and seeing some ammo on the shelf and buying it to just triple your $ a few miles down the road to a guy that's going to stick to someone, knowing there is probably a good chance someone that is going to be in need of it coming behind you and it not going to be available to them at a reasonable price. Maybe my moral views are just different than some. I'm stuck living life the way I see it . grin

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:35 AM

What is the line between gouging and not gouging?

There was a time this winter early spring the price of corn had doubled from a year ago. Was that gouging?\\\\

Oil was negative a year ago is 70 a barrel gouging?

Silver in April of 2020 was 12 bucks an ounce today it's 25, gouging.

I suppose it depends on whose ox is getting gored as teh saying goes.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:40 AM

Heck I got half what the pawn shop was charging!!
I was robbed lol

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:42 AM

They just needed something to mouth about

Like I said bored or just in a miserable life ?!

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:42 AM

What is the line between gouging and not gouging?

There was a time this winter early spring the price of corn had doubled from a year ago. Was that gouging?\\\\

Oil was negative a year ago is 70 a barrel gouging?

Silver in April of 2020 was 12 bucks an ounce today it's 25, gouging.

I suppose it depends on whose ox is getting gored as teh saying goes.

Use your own compass because I doubt yours and mine will line up and it doesn't both me. I'll share my point of view and u can have yours. I spoke my view on a specific situation and you what to argue using generalities. You disagree with me views just share were I got it wrong.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:44 AM

I will say for me buying pre-shortage and selling to people that are wanting to stock up during a shortage for a profit is different than say being in Walmart and seeing some ammo on the shelf and buying it to just triple your $ a few miles down the road to a guy that's going to stick to someone, knowing there is probably a good chance someone that is going to be in need of it coming behind you and it not going to be available to them at a reasonable price. Maybe my moral views are just different than some. I'm stuck living life the way I see it . grin

Whoa there cowboy thought you were Dudley do right and spreading it around at “ your cost” Your words NOW you say selling it at a profit ?

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:46 AM

Remember ur the guy that has to post every time u ride ur bicycle in the beans or u cook a steak. Lol I'm not sure you should be criticizing any one on why they post.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:46 AM

There's a line for me between capitalism and taking advantage of people or situations to make unfair profits. Is it against the law probably not. Just because you can it doesn't always mean you should. I'm pretty sure most wouldn't like our wives or kids being taking advantage of under the blanket of capitalism. For me there are things that are legal but morally I just won't do. My view from the cheap seats. grin

Happens EVERY time they get gas in the car

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:47 AM

Law Dog I either wasnt clear or u miss read my posts. I'll clear it up... I've never sold ammo for a profit that I know of.

I was trying to compare your situation with the one I originally commented on about the Walmart purchase

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:51 AM

Your cost or profit Which is it Lol
I don’t care just pulling your chain
Gueoi could’ve went to flea market IF I bought more than one box and made five times over my money
But then I would know I stuck it to someone
See problem you guys are forgetting is If pawn shop doesn’t sell it who got gouged?

Think about that as you look down from your ivory tower !!!!

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:57 AM

Did that clear up the whether I sold for profit or not thing? We all on same page there? I can see were I'd get called on it if I was contradicting myself.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:59 AM

Jbird
You don't like my views just get over it or die mad. grin
All kidding aside you have your views and I have mine and thankfully we all get to share them

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 03:59 AM

One last comment here several comment people “ need “ it and must pay more. No season in here now so 99.9% of 22 ammo used now is for plinking If you can’t afford it or are using your money on things you NEED like food or housing then wait until it comes down or run upon some at Walmart for 18 bucks a box

I’m sure the guys behind me that bought ALL they were allowed didn’t NEED it

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 04:01 AM

Back in November I offered a guy 75 dollars for 1000 small rifle primers, he thought I was nuts but he sold them to me.

I paid 60 percent more for an AR lower this spring than I would have 18 months ago.

Funny how I didn't feel like I was being "gouged"

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 04:02 AM

Read your own comments one you say bought pre shortage and sold for profit. Other you sold to 4 and offered to 6 more at cost ?

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 04:03 AM

Right 49 if you agree to pay it it’s not gouging!! Not like your life depends on you getting those items

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 04:05 AM

I was comparing what Law Dog did in his situation and comparing it to your situation and how I VIEWED them. Sorry I wasn't a clear on conveying my thoughts but if I keep practicing I'm hoping to improve

Referring to the confusion about whether I sold for profit or not here

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 04:18 AM

eek ammo, ammo and more.
I needed some more 30-06 shell's and my Uncle give me some.
He reloads and said just save the brass.
I'll be happy to do that.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 05:01 AM

I just think a guy should of been prepared as this time around it just happened back in the Barry days the ones that did not ready for the storm never will it’s tough to feel sorry them it just is. I’m short on STW ammo but I’ll wait until some comes around not like I could draw a elk tag in the last 30 years so no rush. LOL
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 09:31 AM

I dont have a problem with high price ammo. i stay stocked up. Always have. Same with food. Why wouldn't you? Thats just life in rural America. people in urban settings who live only blocks from retailers buy as they need it. So when they cant they panic. i am getting tired of constantly watching for stuff i may need or a neighbor needs. Bought one neighbor two boxs of 9mm the other day at 23 a box of 50. would only let me have two. he was happy though. I wanted some 243 nosler bullets. Was a little short on them. I have ammo but like those bullets. Did some trading for some. Worked out but it does get old.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 06:23 PM

At the Fleet Farm in Wausau, WI today there were about 40 bricks (500 rds) of Remington Thunderbolts at $37.99 with a limit of 2 per person per day. Quite a few boxes of 9mm target rounds at $19.95 to $21.95 a box of 50. Did not buy any as I have plenty but was looking for primers which they did not have. Oh well, at least some ammo is showing up at not egregious prices.

Chris
Posted By: bwurts

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 07:15 PM

I have had really good success on this site - way better prices than locally - read the reviews and take into account the shipping cost

Ammo link

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 07:49 PM

Natchez has some more reasonable prices coming out lately if a guy is not in any big hurry I’d say just ride it out until the supply is greater then the demand and things get real.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/20/21 11:14 PM

Scored got ammo [Linked Image]
NOW smile

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 02:16 AM

Lots of ammo in tailgater's section, I got to handle some 35.00 reloads today.
And almost a full box. laugh

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 02:49 AM

PSA is slowly dropping their prices Natchez is slowly coming down also if people stopped buying it up the prices would go down quicker.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 03:10 AM

Heck I got half what the pawn shop was charging!!
I was robbed lol

Jeez u got worked up. Others remembered ur post the same as i did it seems. You should calm down and go pawn some more stuff.
Posted By: Chukar

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 12:09 PM

I was down in Illinois yesterday running errands and decided to stop by Bass Pro in Gurnee.
Went in looking for primers, which they have plenty of LRP and SRP, but no 209s or #10 caps.
Okay, can I get the last box of Federal. 22s?
(clerk)Sure, need to see your FOID
I'm from Wisconsin, don't need one.
(clerk) Only Illinois residents can purchase pistol ammo
It's rifle ammo, says so .22 long RIFLE!
(clerk) No, it's pistol ammo
crazy
Will not be going there anymore
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 12:20 PM

I can't believe you passed up large rifle primers! I haven't seen any on this side of the state in a long time.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23
I can't believe you passed up large rifle primers! I haven't seen any on this side of the state in a long time.

I'm sitting on 1,000 LRP and 1,000 LPP, that's going to last me a long time.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 01:26 PM

I haven't seen any type of primers here and I look multiple times every week. A few gun shops, bass pro, and two academy sports stores. Last week was the first time I had seen primers, Academy had some CCI large rifle #250 for regular price.

There's a reloading shop in my area that has kept powder in stock, and midway usa has had the powder I use for shotgun in stock for a couple weeks now. I got lucky a couple weeks ago and caught cheddite 209's in stock at ballistic products for $37/1000. I bought a case of them. Things are out there, you just have to invest a lot of time and effort into finding them.

As far as ammo, Bass pro and academy are getting everything here. I even bought some 30 carbine from bass pro the other day for a gun my grandpa left me. They have 270, 30-06, all the regulars. I don't really pay attention to handgun ammo because I could care less about having a handgun, but rifle and shotgun ammo seem to be coming back.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 01:58 PM

Large rifle and large pistol primers have been non existent up here.

The powder situation seems to be improving.

Now if only I could find some 40 grain .204 berger bullets.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 02:26 PM

Large rifle and large pistol primers have been non existent up here.

The powder situation seems to be improving.

Now if only I could find some 40 grain .204 berger bullets.

Selway armory has some berger .204 55 grain long range varmint. I haven't seen any 40 gr
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/23/21 09:41 PM

I bought a 555 pack of .Winchester 22 HP LR at the Pa Roundy in Clearfield for $30. Thought I did good…but last Friday I found a 500 pack of Remington Thunderbolt .22 for $18 at a yard sale. Almost felt guilty buying them.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
I bought a 555 pack of .Winchester 22 HP LR at the Pa Roundy in Clearfield for $30. Thought I did good…but last Friday I found a 500 pack of Remington Thunderbolt .22 for $18 at a yard sale. Almost felt guilty buying them.

Don't feel guilty, they are feeling bad selling you Thunderbolts.
Enjoy misfiring, jammed, and barely accurate rounds.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 04:17 AM

Neither my Marlin or my Ruger have ever gotten along with Thunder Bolts. Feed them Federal or CCI and the mams or misfires probably fall below 1 in 1000.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 05:18 AM

It wasnt long ago tbolts and wildcats were 99 cents a box. They still make wildcats?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 05:42 AM

minimags rule the .22 lr world.....
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
minimags rule the .22 lr world.....

My squirrel rifle is sighted in for "Stingers" smile
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chukar
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

Don't feel guilty, they are feeling bad selling you Thunderbolts.
Enjoy misfiring, jammed, and barely accurate rounds.

My Ruger pistol has never jammed, and it doesn’t take a lot of accuracy to shoot a trapped coyote.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 12:52 PM

I had a box of Xperts go bad loss of power would not cycle the slide on my old S/W 422, a lot of the newer pistols need mini mags to cycle.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/24/21 01:53 PM

As much as I love my Model 60 they have a weak point. The factory buffer block won't last long with stingers or any of the hyper velocity stuff.

Feed them standard velocity and clean or at least oil them occasionally and they are a tack driver that will last for ever. If I don't
need expansion, Federal Lightning is my fav ammo for any 22. It performs as well in any of my .22s as the CCI Green Label and costs much less
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/25/21 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
As much as I love my Model 60 they have a weak point. The factory buffer block won't last long with stingers or any of the hyper velocity stuff.

Feed them standard velocity and clean or at least oil them occasionally and they are a tack driver that will last for ever. If I don't
need expansion, Federal Lightning is my fav ammo for any 22. It performs as well in any of my .22s as the CCI Green Label and costs much less

Stingers go through my Ruger 10/22.I also have an old Remington semi auto rifle,,tube fed.It will take shorts longs and long rifles simultaneously.But them ole rifles are not built for the high velocity stuff so only standard shells go through that one.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/25/21 06:01 PM

Not around here. Checked walmart out yesterday. Nearly bare but of all things they did have some 22 cb. I still have plenty of those so I walked away.

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/25/21 06:27 PM

I was in Scheele's in Appleton WI yesterday they had CCI large pistol primers 64.99 but nothing else for primers
a fair amount of ammo

piles of guns the racks were full and there were a fair number of used

still looking for small pistol primers
Posted By: trapper al

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/26/21 12:04 AM

Picked up 5 boxes of 12ga winchester 7.5 shot this weekend for 6.39 a box at walmart, last weekend 2 boxes of Rem 12ga priemere turkey load 13 something for 10 and couple days before that 5 boxes of different winchester 12 turkey loads about 7 a box, all at walmart today they had cci clean 22lr and 12 shells.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/26/21 02:53 AM

The local Farm &Fleet has been getting in some useful ammo lately.
I now have enough #5 pheasant loads to last a few years and maybe more 9mm than I will ever need.
Walmart has regularly had lots of Federal auto match so I'm loaded up on that too.
A couple of area gun shops have pretty well stocked ammo shelves as well, but F&F and Walmart are the only ones with prices that I am willing to pay.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Is ammo back? - 07/26/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I was in Scheele's in Appleton WI yesterday they had CCI large pistol primers 64.99 but nothing else for primers
a fair amount of ammo

Maybe you can get the guys at On Target to call you when they get them in.
Twice in the last month, I have stopped by just a few hours after sold out.
Same with the Fleet Farm in Delavan.
Posted By: trapper al

Re: Is ammo back? - 08/03/21 11:16 PM

this weekend one walmart i purchased 2boxes fed hi bird 12 ga 5 shot for 11 something 4 boxes win 12 ga 8 and 7.5 shot and 4 boxes estate12 ga 7.5 for 6 something a box. they had cci 22wmr , 308, and cci 22lr polycoated. Its coming back slowly.
i live close to a walmart so i check 3 or 4 time a week, also look all through the ammo cabinet, i have found some in not so noticeable places.

Re: Is ammo back? - 08/03/21 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nelly
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
a fair amount of ammo

Maybe you can get the guys at On Target to call you when they get them in.
Twice in the last month, I have stopped by just a few hours after sold out.
Same with the Fleet Farm in Delavan.

I got some from ontarget a few days after I had posted this . I have been hearing "you should have been here yesterday" A Lot

no they won't call you since the shortage. I used to order stuff all the time and they called when it came in , just no idea what they can even get since the crazy started , a lot of people ask , a lot of people offer to pay up front for the next box to come in. you can call and ask and then start driving if they have them

I stop in fairly regular

finally back to making 9mm since I got a K of small pistol primers I had some but not knowing how long the shortage would last I was not sure I wanted to turn them all into practice ammo

Re: Is ammo back? - 08/03/21 11:49 PM

I managed to acquire 200 .204 40 grain Berger's I was looking for. I'm feeling pretty good about my supply.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums