Home

Is Canada safe for Christians?

Posted By: LLtrapper

Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:09 AM

Well it appears not really. There have been 45 churches burnt in Canada and many pastors arrested for refusing to close their churches. The article says it is mostly over the fear of the spread of disease. Thought they were a friendly place. LLL

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2021/j...-fire-rises-as-terror-campaign-continues

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:14 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/07/12/us-media-shamefully-justified-a-string-of-canadian-church-burnings/
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:15 AM

"If the world hate you, know that it hated Me before it hated you." I read that somewhere cool guess that's another reason to not go any northern than I am now.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:43 AM

As a christian I honestly don't feel safe this side of eternity but I know that come what may my faith is in Him.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:44 AM

John 3:19-20 “This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.”
Posted By: Posco

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:48 AM

For those that think being a Christian is for the weak and feebleminded, think again. It's the epic battle of the ages. Be on the right side of the fight. It's coming.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:49 AM

Oh Canada!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Keith
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 04:12 AM

I bet they may feel safer if they could carry a gun.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 04:58 AM

Where do you guys dig up this BS.LOL.
A couple old churches were burned down on some indian reserves.
Meanwhile you gun toting tough guys stood by and watched several of your cities burn,lol.
Posted By: James

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
For those that think being a Christian is for the weak and feebleminded, think again. It's the epic battle of the ages. Be on the right side of the fight. It's coming.

It's coming, blah blah blah.

Every crackpot and cult leader claims "It's coming!" Remember how many insisted that Judgment Day would come in year 2000? Hope they haven't been holding their breath all this time.

Been hearing that from one wannabe oracle or another ever since I can recall.

Jim
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 05:38 AM

It amazes me how dumb James and Boco are when it comes to Christ, they have been turned over to a reprobate mind, they get so mad and hateful if anything about God is brought up, the Bible teaches abt these type of antiChrist.
It’s really sad.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 08:26 AM

It amazes me how some people can't understand simple English. Where did I ever say anything about Christ or Christians?

I criticized the Doomsday mentality. It's a shame to see people think that way. They have no incentive to be good stewards of our planet or even to raise their kids right.

Jim

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by James
It amazes me how some people can't understand simple English. Where did I ever say anything about Christ or Christians?

I criticized the Doomsday mentality. It's a shame to see people think that way. They have no incentive to be good stewards of our planet or even to raise their kids right.

Jim

You enabled the doomsday with your vote. I wondered when you'd pop your head up.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:03 AM

Jim

He didn't say Christ or Christians, he called them Crackpots and Cult Leader. Posco wondered when he would pop up, 3 flushes is the norm, only 2 this time....
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:05 AM

Jim

Seems your parents may have failed you, in that "raising your kids right" task.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:26 AM

The only thing organized religions are concerned about are money and power.

Question: How many people were killed since they were not christians or they would not convert to christianity?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:36 AM

When you don't have the freedom to speak the truth, the Truth, or even a joke, you can't ever be safe from government reprisal.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:40 AM

More than have been killed the other way round Jerry. A whole bunch more.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:13 AM

It people are being killed because they won’t convert to Christ, then the people doing the killing are not true Christians. It’s your choice to believe in Jesus. Very few will take the narrow path.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Such narrow minded thought among trappers. A "trapper" left an animal to starve to death in a trap, so therefore trapping and trappers are evil/bad. See how that works?
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 11:33 AM

CRIME COMPARISONS BETWEEN CANADA AND THE
UNITED STATES
by Maire Gannon
Highlights
• A comparison of police-reported crime rates between Canada and the United States for 2000
shows that the U.S. has much higher rates of violent crime, while Canada generally has higher
rates of property crime. Despite differences in rates, trends in crime between the two countries
have been quite similar over the past twenty years.

• In Canada, there were 542 homicides in 2000 resulting in a national rate of 1.8 homicides per
100,000 population. By comparison, there were 15,517 homicides in the U.S., resulting in a rate
(5.5) three times higher than Canada’s.

• Both countries have seen a decline in the number of homicides during the past decade, particularly
in the U.S. Twenty years ago, the American homicide rate was about four times that of Canada.

• Similarly, the aggravated assault rate in the U.S. was more than double the Canadian rate in 2000.
The U.S. also showed a higher rate of robbery (65% higher) than Canada. About 41% of robberies
in the U.S. involved a firearm, compared to 16% in Canada.

• Canada reported higher rates for three of the four comparable property offences. There were about
30% more break-ins and motor vehicle thefts per capita in Canada than the U.S. in 2000. While
Canada has had a higher rate of break-ins since the early 1980s, the motor vehicle theft rate has
only surpassed the American rate over the last five years. The arson rate in Canada was 40%
higher than in the U.S., while the U.S. reported 11% more thefts per capita than Canada.

• In examining arrest/charge data, the U.S. had much higher rates for drug offences, impaired driving
and prostitution.

• The report also compares crime rates among the nine largest metropolitan areas in each country.
With the exception of Boston, the remaining eight large American metropolitan areas had homicide
rates much higher than any of the nine largest Canadian metropolitan areas. Conversely, Vancouver
and Winnipeg reported higher rates of break-ins and motor vehicle thefts than any of the nine
American metropolitan areas

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Such narrow minded thought among trappers. A "trapper" left an animal to starve to death in a trap, so therefore trapping and trappers are evil/bad. See how that works?

We are not talking about a few rogue 'christians'. We are talking about the vast majority at the time. It wasn't for a couple years either. Sounds pretty familiar, ya know, like the muslims.

All atheist get painted with the same brush, why should 'christians' get special treatment?

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 12:05 PM

Good analogy JS.
That's about where too many of these comments lie J Staton.... with the "deeds" of humans as people's argument against a Triune God.
There's only one who smiles when that happens, and it's not the Creator of all things visible and invisible, through whom all things were made..

We'll all be perfected at the 2nd Coming.
Until then, we do the best we can by God's Common Grace, which is given to all things.
Enjoy that breath in your lungs y'all!

See everyone at the NTA!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Where do you guys dig up this BS.LOL.
A couple old churches were burned down on some indian reserves.
Meanwhile you gun toting tough guys stood by and watched several of your cities burn,lol.

A few old churches get burnt down. What's the big deal ? Right BOZO? After all they should not be there in the first place right?

It is like saying a few liberal strongholds let or encouraged their people incite riots and burned down and sacked a bunch of minority owned businesses here in the US.

Were you out trying to stop them from burning other people's personal property or were you one who was stirring up strife and discord?

Amazing how some trappers think this is ok in any way. Please try and explain how the burning of personal or private property is a just thing to do and also tell me when the last time we had Christians persecuting and murdering nonbelievers.

I see ISIS named on the church that had been burned. The left is ok with those folks it seems. Truly sad. LLL
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 01:53 PM

Everybody "doomsday" is coming, except James, he's going to live for ever. Now there's a crackpot. grin

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
Everybody "doomsday" is coming, except James, he's going to live for ever. Now there's a crackpot. grin

Said like a true 'christian'. You are one of the 99%. One that wants to have the prize, but does not want to play the game.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:00 PM

Every crackpot and cult leader claims "It's coming!" Remember how many insisted that Judgment Day would come in year 2000? Hope they haven't been holding their breath all this time.

Jim

Yes, I agree, I’ve been listening about how global warming, I mean Climate Changes is going to kill us all in 5 years, 10 years, 12 years , for about 40 years.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Question: How many people were killed since they were not christians or they would not convert to christianity?

I could ask you that same question by switching the word Christian for Islam.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

I could ask you that same question by switching the word Christian for Islam.

One and the same it looks like.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:13 PM

That's correct. Bill Maher who makes it very clear that he doesn't like Christians said, the difference between Islam and Christianity is Christians don't kill you if you won't convert to Christianity.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:16 PM

Can you give some examples of where Christians today have been killing thousands of non-Christians for not converting to Christianity? I can give you examples of where Muslims have been killing thousands of Christians for not converting to Islam.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:20 PM

There’s lots of religious nuts around here. Don’t think any of them feel threatened.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:21 PM

That's correct. Bill Maher who makes it very clear that he doesn't like Christians said, the difference between Islam and Christianity is Christians don't kill you if you won't convert to Christianity.

Do some reading. 'chistians' killed many. They may not do it now, but seems that your values changes. Think this for a little bit.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:29 PM

I wonder how illiteracy impacted Christians to kill in the name of God? Clearly the New Testament doesn't call for any type of killing.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:37 PM

I am safer everywhere here than you are anywhere there.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 03:53 PM

Let me correct my post, the New Testament does mention killing the Passover.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 04:50 PM

Jerry, you are referring to the crusades. I have read about those days. There are many viewpoints written.
I'm talking about today. Islamists are still killing and persecuting Christians in foreign lands. But, not the other way around.
Jesus never condone killing. Mohammad did.
Jesus said we should love our neighbors. Mohammad said just the opposite.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 06:08 PM

You all go easy on James, he’s had to go back to work to back up those big checks he’s been writing to the gun lobby.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 08:18 PM

You need to do a little more research if you think I was referring to the crusades. I doubt Jerry was either
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 09:45 PM

Regardless of the crusades how many witches have been killed by literate Christians? How many native Americans faced death or assimilation from literate Christians? How many other "Christians" or catholics have been killed by Christians or catholics alike for not getting the same meaning as them from the same book? I say more than can be numbered. When Christianity comes to a continent, country or village that has never known Christianity before, death and destruction usually comes with it in one form or another.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:06 PM

Jerry, you are referring to the crusades. I have read about those days. There are many viewpoints written.
I'm talking about today. Islamists are still killing and persecuting Christians in foreign lands. But, not the other way around.

Christians killed at least 7000, unarmed, Muslim males, 12 years old and up, they held as prisoner on July 13th, 1995.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18101028

I am not saying it wasn't a good decision or justified, but Christians did do it.

Keith

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
Regardless of the crusades how many witches have been killed by literate Christians? How many native Americans faced death or assimilation from literate Christians? How many other "Christians" or catholics have been killed by Christians or catholics alike for not getting the same meaning as them from the same book? I say more than can be numbered. When Christianity comes to a continent, country or village that has never known Christianity before, death and destruction usually comes with it in one form or another.

I read your story of the false teacher led church you grew up in so I understand the bias. In your story you claimed to be a student of the Bible and that's why you questioned those false teachers in the church. Where in your study did you find Jesus proclaiming his followers should kill folks. I figured you of all people would understand those who profess to be Christians aren't always who they claim to be. Unfortunately good folks get caught up in these false teachings because of tradition or their lack of study.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:31 PM

I never once said Jesus taught the killing of non-Christians. I asked how many people on this planet have been killed by "so called Christians." I do not believe Jesus meant for blood to be spilt in his name but that idea has slipped past a very large group of people in history. To this list above I could also add how many druids and pagans were killed by the catholics when St. Patrick" drove the snakes from Ireland "

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Christians killed at least 7000, unarmed, Muslim males, 12 years old and up, they held as prisoner on July 13th, 1995.

I am not saying it wasn't a good decision or justified, but Christians did do it.

Keith

That's a stretch.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:41 PM

Heck Catholics killed Christians for teaching the Bible. I know there were many people killed in "the name of God" but just because they claim such doesn't mean it's true. " Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath because the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God is scripture I'm reminded of. If you profess to be a Christian yet have a demeanor of wrath you might want to reaccess yourself.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:42 PM

Look at the traditional options US military personnel had for dog tags. Protestant, Catholic or Jew...and for the early woke, atheist. The vast majority of those guys had no real affinity to the religion they claimed. The same holds today. Popery is responsible for the mass carnage done in the name of Christ down through the ages.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:48 PM

Heck Catholics killed Christians for teaching the Bible. I know there were many people killed in "the name of God" but just because they claim such doesn't mean it's true. " Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath because the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God is scripture I'm reminded of. If you profess to be a Christian yet have a demeanor of wrath you might want to reaccess yourself.

Most Christians are Catholics. There are more Catholics than there are people in the multitude of other Christian religions that splintered off of it and it's splinters ad nauseum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Keith
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 10:51 PM

These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. 2They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3And these things they will do [a]to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/20/21 11:43 PM

Unless someone has been regenerated by God, some of these posts are gonna read like foolishness.
We all have 120 years or less to figure anything out, and if you think that's how the God of the Bible's Redemptive Plan is laid out, go for it.
God's own Word says that's not how it (faith) works, but heck, grab a bushel of pride and a peck of ego and go for it.
Humble hearts seek God. No others according to Holy Scripture.

For me and mine, we pray that when God gets done gathering some, He gathers some more.
After all, He's the Creator so He can do as He pleases.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 10:53 AM

Reassessment is constant but I can’t escape being a man. Should I fall under physical attack, I will do my best to cast out the demon. If I fail to do that, I will give my upmost effort to kill the host.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 11:19 AM

Judgement is easy to do. But we’re not supposed to judge. Judgement is for God to do. I am a sinner saved by grace and grace only. Paul killed many Christians and Jesus made him a disciple. Anything is possible through Jesus.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 11:43 AM

"Paul killed many Christians and Jesus made him a disciple."

That comes as news to me!

Jim

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 11:51 AM

Jim

He was called after the resurrection but that might not count since you don’t believe it happened.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 12:05 PM

Jim

Your reading for comprehension seems problematic counselor. LLL

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 12:16 PM

Galatians 1:11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1: 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Galatians 2:6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, l just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me.t They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 12:39 PM

The eye will see what it desires and ignore the things it disagrees with.
When you have seen the light, felt the love and experienced the truth man's words will never convince you otherwise. Have a blessed day brothers.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 12:41 PM

Jim

You kinda jumped around the entire point of the OP just so you could get in a ' blah, blah, blah' . Adorable .

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
You kinda jumped around the entire point of the OP just so you could get in a ' blah, blah, blah' . Adorable .

That's more or less what I was thinking. He can't talk Biden or guns so he goes where he has a comfort level.

Is America safe for Christians? Less so than it was. My pastor has been preaching through Revelation the past few months and every Sunday he brings up the thought that they can kill the body but not the soul. The godless left is on the march and the church is as big an enemy as they have. The church stands against everything the left elevates. I'm not suggesting being a conservative will save the soul, it won't, but there is definitely an anti-God party in this country and they are doing Satan's bidding. James happens to support the efforts.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
The eye will see what it desires and ignore the things it disagrees with.
When you have seen the light, felt the love and experienced the truth man's words will never convince you otherwise. Have a blessed day brothers.

Yep.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 02:11 PM

Jim

Like when you say Democrats wont try to take our guns,,Blah,Blah,Blah. JIMMY grin For someone that's supposed to be a lawyer,,,your not a very smart fellow.Just sayin.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 03:17 PM

Keith

The only religion mentioned in this article is Muslim. The word Christian is not in it. Perhaps, you meant they were killed by non-muslims.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 03:31 PM

Keith has Muslimphobia.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 04:07 PM

Based on readings and other data there were multitudes of humans killed prior to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and other major or minor religions, so in most cases religion has not relieved the human races of the propensity to kill those that are different or are perceived as threats and in some cases religion has create even more reasons to find differences that we can raise to the level of killing for. Religion up until now has not changed our natural animalistic behavior to survive and at the expense of whomever or whatever we feel is in our way or a threat. Is that a failure of religion? Or did we create religions to give us more justification for our survival nature?

Bryce

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 07:41 PM

I say it's the latter. Religion gives people a buffer to justify thier natural killing instinct and satisfy thier conscience that they did no wrong because "God told them to".
Posted By: warrior

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 07:56 PM

Odd how folks facing a loving and compassionate person reply with well didn't once way back when didn't someone else do something?

But the loving and compassionate could choose to reply in kind but choose not to.

I wonder why that is?

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:02 PM

Prior to Mohammad, the Jews and Muslims lived in harmony. The Jews lived in a city called Yathribe. Mohammad met with the leaders of the city and told them he had been visited by a Jinn who told him the bible story they believed in was wrong regarding the birthright passed down by Abraham. They didn't agree with with him. Later, Mohammad returned to the city with his army and killed every Jew including the women, children, and even their animals. He re-named the city Medina which it remains to this day.

Radical Islamists, such as ISIS, still exhibit the same behavior today. They killed, persecuted, and drove Christians and Jews from their homes to this day.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:11 PM

Keith has Muslimphobia.

That's not a real word. Fear of Muslims is called Islamophobia.

I'm not scared of Muslims. I think that low class Muslims are frequently terrible people and my Muslim friends agree.

Last year, the only person I traveled with, on 3 separate occasions, was a Muslim friend of mine. Back in 1992, after I broke up with my long-term girlfriend, I was offered an arranged marriage with a Kurdish Princess, from Iran, who was a Muslim. My Father's best friend is Muslim. We used to go to huge gatherings where we were the only non-Muslims.

About 1/3 of my customers are Muslim.

I was also offered an arranged marriage with an Indian woman, who was Episcopalian.

I am descended from Mohammed, just like your owner, Queen Elizabeth. We are both descendants of Mohammed's daughter Fatimah and beloved cousin Ali. All US Presidents, but Harding are too.

Keith

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:13 PM

I don't think anyone would argue that Islam has shed its share of blood in the name of thier religion but I don't think it should be a peeing contest to see which religion killed the most so the religion that killed the least can feel good about it. It really doesn't matter what religion the discussion is about be it Christian, catholic, jew, pagan, druid, muslim, native American, or any other combination of beliefs you can name. The fact of the matter is they have all killed in the name of thier "God /goddess/great spirit".

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:15 PM

Keith

Because the Serbs were non-Muslims, that made them Christians?

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:20 PM

Keith has Muslimphobia.

I'm not scared of Muslims. I think that low class Muslims are frequently terrible people and my Muslim friends agree.

Last year, the only person I traveled with, on 3 separate occasions, was a Muslim friend of mine. Back in 1992, after I broke up with my long-term girlfriend, I was offered an arranged marriage with a Kurdish Princess, from Iran, who was a Muslim. My Father's best friend is Muslim. We used to go to huge gatherings where we were the only non-Muslims.

I was also offered an arranged marriage with an Indian woman, who was Episcopalian.

I am descended from Mohammed, just like your owner, Queen Elizabeth. We are both descendants of Mohammed's daughter Fatimah and beloved cousin Ali. All US Presidents, but Harding are too.

Keith

Interesting that you should say these things. I work in an area where about 10% of the people living here are Muslims. I have many as customers. Most of them are good people who have good jobs or businesses. Some people around here either fear them or don't like them or trust them. I've run into a few like that, but the majority that I know have treated me fairly and I try to treat them likewise.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
I don't think anyone would argue that Islam has shed its share of blood in the name of thier religion but I don't think it should be a peeing contest to see which religion killed the most so the religion that killed the least can feel good about it. It really doesn't matter what religion the discussion is about be it Christian, catholic, jew, pagan, druid, muslim, native American, or any other combination of beliefs you can name. The fact of the matter is they have all killed in the name of thier "God /goddess/great spirit".

If somebody kills 20 people in Walmart in the name of Davisfur you’re the bad guy?

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 08:30 PM

Keith has Muslimphobia.

Keith

You just proved your muzlimphobic-otherwise you would have married several of those princesses.

You must be important too-you are decended from everybody.LOL.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 09:43 PM

If someone walked into Walmart and killed 20 people in my name I would say the same the same thing I did about religion. They are using it for a buffer to remove the burden of murder from thier conscience because they didn't have the testicular fortitude to just say "I want those people dead and I'm going to kill them and not feel guilty about it". Killing people in the name of anything except security is wrong. But most people never needed religion to tell them killing is wrong.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/21/21 10:35 PM

You must be important too-you are decended from everybody.LOL.

Boco, a high percentage of people have Mohammed, Nial of the Nine Hostages, Heremon, Heber, Alfred the Great, Ghengis Khan and Attilla the Hunt in their pedigrees. I would not be surprised if everyone of those people is in your pedigree too.

Over 8 percent of the Irish are descendants of Nial as are all US Presidents, except Harding and all current European royalty. He has many millions of many great grandchildren.

Keith

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruiser1
There’s lots of religious nuts around here. Don’t think any of them feel threatened.

Some of them sure are sensitive though.

Jim

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 01:54 AM

Jim

Still waiting for you to clear this up since I know you said you have read scripture. LLL

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 02:27 AM

https://christian.net/resources/who-were-the-12-disciples-of-jesus/
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 02:32 AM

I think I'm a descendant of Adam and Eve, if you want to move it up a little , then Noah and the Mrs ?

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 02:36 AM

What's the difference in a disciple and an apostle ?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I think I'm a descendant of Adam and Eve, if you want to move it up a little , then Noah and the Mrs ?

We might be related. I'm guessing 3rd or 4th cousins..lol

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 03:33 AM

What's the difference in a disciple and an apostle ?

The historically traditional view is that the disciples were more numerous but that there were the twelve disciples, the core, whom Jesus taught, (with the "12" being a biblical theme which is a bit deeper than a couple sentences here = short answer; 12 tribes of Israel).
Matthias replaced Judas Iscariot (Acts 1:26) in that core twelve but this was after Christ ascended to Heaven.

Apostles typically refers to those who visibly witnessed the Risen Savior and who were divinely inspired to record it, as in the Apostolic teachings that were handed down to us to receive, protect, and pass on, so that "you contend earnestly for the faith, which was once for all handed down to the saints" (Jude 1:3).

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 03:43 AM

Mark, isn't it true the twelve disciples did not include Paul?

Every Christian can be said to be a "disciple" in the broad sense of the term.

Jim

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 03:53 AM

James,
The original 12 didn't include Paul. He was a killer of Christians before he was converted by Jesus on the road to Damascus.

And yes, we are, as the faithful called to be disciples and disciple others.
In that broad prescriptive sense.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 05:11 AM

The link below may add some clarification from a Biblical aspect.

Bryce

https://www.compellingtruth.org/difference-disciple-apostle.html

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 09:47 AM

Paul was the first oralrobertsjimmyswaggert

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 09:50 AM

Of course since there are no original gospels, only stuff from a couple hundred years later still in existance ,he may have been created by a writer

Its easy enough to look up. The oldest manuscript is not complete and was written 200 years later

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 10:09 AM

Forgive us if we don't place our eternal salvation in the things easy enough to look up. grin

Paul's brutal sufferings at the hands of others is truly appreciated by this gentile 2,000 years after he was killed for his views.
He, like all the Apostles save John, were killed for a faith they would not recant.
Having seen a dead man rise again and walk and eat changed their worldview, and this world, forever more.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 10:12 AM

Well Mark, at least two people are up early. I am hauling rock to a portable concrete plant all day. Starting to wish i was in Iowa

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 10:18 AM

If a church group hauled my gramma off at a young age, imprisoned and tortured her, i might burn down a building too. I seriously doubt christians or christianity is in any danger in Canada

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 10:26 AM

Well Mark, at least two people are up early. I am hauling rock to a portable concrete plant all day. Starting to wish i was in Iowa

You are a rock hauling son of a gun friend.
The rest of these trappers are sleepy heads.
I'm headed to IA on a red eye bird tomorrow.
You headed to Spencer this year?
Stop by the booth if so.
We don't share world views but who says we have to? laugh

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
The link below may add some clarification from a Biblical aspect.

Bryce

https://www.compellingtruth.org/difference-disciple-apostle.html

Good post Bryce.
The New Testament Greek word for disciple; mathetes means one who engages in learning from another. Most biblical scholars would agree Jesus had twelve main men as disciples who he personally taught for three years before His death.

The Koine Greek word for Apostle; apostolos means a delegate, envoy, or messenger. Typically the Biblical narrative would refer to the Apostles as those who were sent out with the good news of the Gospel; the Person and Work of Jesus Christ in his 1st and 2nd Coming.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 11:03 AM

If a church group hauled my gramma off at a young age, imprisoned and tortured her, i might burn down a building too. I seriously doubt christians or christianity is in any danger in Canada

Christians are not in danger? What about the priest or nuns who worked at the schools in the 90s this isn't a problem from 200 years ago it happened 25 to 30 years ago. The people who did the deeds are alive the people who suffered are alive. The burning of the buildings could very much be the first round.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 11:54 AM

You all need to look into the Galatians to see Paul was a disciple. he speaks clearly that he was not taught by man of what he knew. LLL

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 12:03 PM

All of us broadly speaking are disciples if we are being taught by another. Disciple is not an exclusively biblical term. I think James was referring to Jesus' core 12 disciples.
Paul, as you mention LL, rebuked Peter, upon whom Jesus said he would build His Church (Matt 16:18) but both men would endure suffering to began the church in Judea, Samaria, and beyond and fascinatingly both men served jail time and were martyred for their faith in similar fashion.

And we think we're tough....
And who said Christians would endure no suffering? That's not biblically accurate unless you attend a liberal theology church which teaches portions of Scripture "they" decide are true.
Scripture assures us we, as Jesus did, most certainly suffer here in this life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 12:14 PM

Trap setter, according to several others on here if they did bad stuff they are not really christians

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

We might be related. I'm guessing 3rd or 4th cousins..lol

And I'll claim you as such. Let's just not go to far up the tree on our mothers (Mrs Noah) side, lol.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 02:40 PM

Of course since there are no original gospels, only stuff from a couple hundred years later still in existance ,he may have been created by a writer

Its easy enough to look up. The oldest manuscript is not complete and was written 200 years later

You didn't stumble on to a new idea there, danny. When you consider these texts are a couple thousand years old and how few we have remaining (remarkable considering the various persecutions), there is very little variance from from one extant manuscript to another.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? - 07/22/21 03:14 PM

Dead sea scrolls were written between 150 B.C - 70 A.D.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums