Home

War of 1812.

Posted By: run

War of 1812. - 07/20/21 01:37 PM

Ohio has a state quarter called Perry's Victory. It celebrates the USA winning the war of 1812. I think it's pretty cool.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 01:44 PM

Don't give up the ship!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 01:51 PM

https://www.mountvernoncoinco.com/p...I_QBkt7-cSOzCiT05FERx0jgFQ8aAltCEALw_wcB
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 01:53 PM

This is in an old cemetery about 3 miles or so East of me.

He made it through the War of 1812

[Linked Image]

But he came to Texas and the Comanches got him. The dates on the stones are conflicting, but that sometimes happens in history

[Linked Image]

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 02:05 PM

Thank you for the pictures. That's some cool history.
Posted By: flash

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 02:36 PM

And Tecumseh Was killed a year later in Ontario Canada. He was 45, sometimes I wonder if the prophet hadn't broke from his brother how history would of changed.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by flash
And Tecumseh Was killed a year later in Ontario Canada. He was 45, sometimes I wonder if the prophet hadn't broke from his brother how history would of changed.

The outcome?Not at all
Posted By: Boco

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by run
Ohio has a state quarter called Perry's Victory. It celebrates the USA winning the war of 1812. I think it's pretty cool.

I guess your fake news has been around for a long time-Canada won the war of 1812.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by run

I guess your fake news has been around for a long time-Canada won the war of 1812.

Canada may have won, but the British lost. Did Canada also fight the British?
Posted By: k snow

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:08 PM

Canadian people think the won because they kept the Americans out.

American people think they won because they beat England back out.

English people hardly knew a war was happening over here.
Posted By: hippie

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by run

Nah, we're here and they ain't. If we lost, it'd be the other way around. crazy

(for the second time! grin)
Posted By: Pike River

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Canadian people think the won because they kept the Americans out.

American people think they won because they beat England back out.

English people hardly knew a war was happening over here.

Yeah...they were more concerned with that little French guy at the time. This was nothing more but a frontier skirmish for them.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:19 PM

You ejits started the war of 1812 by attacking Canada trying to gain territory.
We kicked your arses hard back across the border teaching you a lesson you never forgot,you never tried to to take on the Canucks again.
Canadians,being nice like we are gave back your territory that we took teaching you that lesson.
Posted By: rats4me

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:19 PM

Doesn't really matter at this point. Things have a way of working out. I'm absolutely fine with the fact that Boco lives in a different country.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:22 PM

grin

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:24 PM

A ba
We kicked your arses hard back across the border teaching you a lesson you never forgot,you never tried to to take on the Canucks again.
Canadians,being nice like we are gave back your territory that we took teaching you that lesson.

A battle is not the war, which is why we're still here and you ain't.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 04:24 PM

You brits started it with the impressment of our sailors because the brits couldn't understand that Americans were free now and they needed all the help they could get fighting the little frenchman. Maybe if more of their subjects in upper Canada would've stepped up and fought for their lord the king the royal navy wouldn't have had to resort to such tactics.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 05:35 PM

dWe let you think that because you guys never won anything in your history, kink of like a participation trophy!

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 05:37 PM

For your information Canada unlike the states has never lost a war.
Posted By: grampy

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 05:49 PM

Canada better not get into a war by itself these days or it would be over quicker than the Israeli 7 day war. NO disrespect to our troops. They can only use what they are given to work with. U.S is our saving grace imo.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 06:25 PM

Let me look,,,,NOPE,,no Queen here.Hahahahaaaaa PAKISTANADA
Posted By: woodtick

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Let me look,,,,NOPE,,no Queen here.Hahahahaaaaa PAKISTANADA

Nope no Queen there, Nope nor a King, Nor a President, Nor leadership of anykind, Your next leadership will be sent from China

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 07:31 PM

You got it, woodtick. I agree.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 07:32 PM

The war of 1812 started because the English had a bad habit of stopping ships at sea and taking anyone they deemed to be a British subject and pressed (drafted) them to serve on the British ship. Irish, Scot's, East Indian's including many American citizens. "Brittania Ruled the Waves" till we handed them their heinies!
Posted By: Redknot

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 07:51 PM

It's not over Boco, you just try sneaking into Sackets Habor and see if Walleyed doesn't have something to say about it!!

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
The war of 1812 started because the English had a bad habit of stopping ships at sea and taking anyone they deemed to be a British subject and pressed (drafted) them to serve on the British ship. Irish, Scot's, East Indian's including many American citizens. "Brittania Ruled the Waves" till we handed them their heinies!

Stop confusing Bozo with all them pesky facts.He also forgets the canada lads weren't man enough to fight so they had to hire the Native Tribes to fight for them.Now they are subjects to a queen over seas,,and a man queen at home.If he calls that winning,,he can have it. Pakistanada. grin
Posted By: walleyed

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Redknot

It's not over Boco, you just try sneaking into Sackets Habor and see if Walleyed doesn't have something to say about it!!

The Jefferson County Militia will mow him down,
just like they did in the Battle of Big Sandy !! laugh

There's actually a mound of redcoats buried just west of
State Route #3 on the Lakeview Wildlife Management Area
where they disposed of the Last British that tried to invade New York.

Try it again BOCO so we can always add to the pile !!! laugh

walleyed
Posted By: wetdog

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:21 PM

I'll just leave this for Boco to pounder
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:27 PM

I'm glad the War is still going on
grin I enjoy these little skirmishes. Lol

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:28 PM

Here is a little Canadian history for you.
Upper Canada and Lower Canada existed long before the war of 1812.

You are talking about confederation in 1867 when the territories were allowed to join the Canadas.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:31 PM

It's not over Boco, you just try sneaking into Sackets Habor and see if Walleyed doesn't have something to say about it!![/quote]

The Jefferson County Militia will mow him down,
just like they did in the Battle of Big Sandy !! laugh

There's actually a mound of redcoats buried just west of
State Route #3 on the Lakeview Wildlife Management Area
where they disposed of the Last British that tried to invade New York.

walleyed[/quote]

Walleyed
I'll give u guys up there this; u guys have done a better job securing the border after your victory than those Texans have. Lol

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:34 PM

Its all good walleyed,I know which pile you are adding to,lol,Hope you got your hipboots on.Its getting deep.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:35 PM

Here is a little Canadian history for you.
Upper Canada and Lower Canada existed long before the war of 1812.

You are talking about confederation in 1867 when the territories were allowed to join the Canadas.

British Parliament decided what rights and permissions they were going to grant their little dominion of canada land. grin They tried doing that with us and we sent them packing. Hahahaaaaa laugh

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 09:59 PM

How many wars have Canada been in where they supplied the majority of troops, arms, machinery than other countries. It is easy to say they never lost a war when they were part of a team and were not the most major factor in winning that war.
Posted By: danvee

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 11:05 PM

The Movie Canadian Bacon comes to mind.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
How many wars have Canada been in where they supplied the majority of troops, arms, machinery than other countries. It is easy to say they never lost a war when they were part of a team and were not the most major factor in winning that war.

Canada was in both world wars from the start and sent a good percentage of their young men thru volunteer and conscription.

You guys were like the fat kid in the playground and only got in at the end of each war,when you were sure you would be on the winning side.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 11:17 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: War of 1812. - 07/20/21 11:22 PM

canadian army moved the farthest in land on dday they also defeated the germans in ww1 at vimy ridge where french british and american had failed also is noted in history that the germans rather fight the british or americans than the canadian army back in 1812 yes we fought the as british subjects but we did defeat your armies the united states actually lost land in the final battles which was given back in the peace agreement

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 12:55 AM

Canada was in both world wars from the start and sent a good percentage of their young men thru volunteer and conscription.

You guys were like the fat kid in the playground and only got in at the end of each war,when you were sure you would be on the winning side.

Fat kids are smart. Take credit for something done by others. Reminds me of the Democrats.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:25 AM

Am I the only one who could see Boco bragging he pinned down a 4 month old baby and is thus a better fighter, when the baby is now 24 and the World's Mixed Martial Arts Champion?

Canada is not a world power now or ever. The US is the strongest country in the world now beyond doubt.

Keith
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter
canadian army moved the farthest in land on dday they also defeated the germans in ww1 at vimy ridge where french british and american had failed also is noted in history that the germans rather fight the british or americans than the canadian army back in 1812 yes we fought the as british subjects but we did defeat your armies the united states actually lost land in the final battles which was given back in the peace agreement

"Crosspatch here K-9. Small correction to urs above: Americans were "no shows" for Vimy. They never entered WWI until Apr. 6 1917. The taking of Vimy by Canadians occurred April 9 -12, 1917 after the British and French had failed so grievously previous to that. Americans never had any ground troops in the trenches at the time of Vimy."

Edit/addition to my correction above to K-9. The Germans took Vimy at the start of the war in Sept. 1914 and held it for the next 2 1/2 yrs despite the best the Brits and French could do. Canadians took it in 4 days cause they were for the first time in the war allowed to call the "shots" themselves instead of the Brits. By the standards of the day the Canadians achieved an outstanding victory w "only" 3,600 killed. It was achieved by thinking outside the box i.e. not doing what the Brits and French had lost 10's of thousands of lives at in the previous 2 1/2 yrs.
Posted By: rex123

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:45 AM

On the world stage Canada is at best a supporting actor , has never been nor ever will be the star.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:50 AM

The United States saved your brother Brits and you from speaking German. You should never loose site of that fact. If we had stayed out of it any longer you would have been eating sour kraut with your tea you ungrateful twit. LLL
Posted By: warrior

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 02:11 AM

Y'all can have your peeing contest up north. Down South the war of 1812 got really nasty in the form of civil war among the Creeks and Settlers. Which in most cases was truly brother vs brother as the two sides literally lived side by side with much intermarriage. On the Indian side it was a fight over holding to the old ways vs assimilation plus long standing feuds over treaties. There was Burnt Corn, the Canoe Fight on the Alabama River and the Massacre at Ft Mims.
I had folks caught up in the middle of it which some among those killed at Ft Mims. Following Ft Mims all of southwest Alabama was forted up for months. It was Andrew Jackson's victory at Horseshoe bend on the Tallapoosa that sealed the fate for the Redsticks.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by flash

He was instrumental in stirring up the red sticks down south as he wanted a general uprising among the tribes in support of the British.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:17 AM

[Linked Image]
Sometimes a nations pride is displayed on its currency, note the US coins vs the Canadian ones. BOTH of the Canadian coins feature the queen on the face side. Y'all get extra credit for the beaver though. Yalls paper money is quite colorful and since you have a 1 and 2 dollar coin, why not a pink$3 dollar bill with comrade Trudeau on the face side? I have my boots on, I know i have waded in it so fire away lol
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:30 AM

Comrade Trudeau is correct. His biological father is Fidel Castro!
Posted By: Marty

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:42 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Am I the only one who could see Boco bragging he pinned down a 4 month old baby and is thus a better fighter, when the baby is now 24 and the World's Mixed Martial Arts Champion?

Canada is not a world power now or ever. The US is the strongest country in the world now beyond doubt.

Keith

Yea right-how come you cant win any wars on your own then ?
The camel humpers in Afghanistan got you on the run,lol.
20 years there and the Taliban overuns the place in a few days,lol.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:32 AM

Boco if all Canadians are like you I'll sure say you guys don't give up easy. Lol you just take everything we dish out and just keep coming. With that said I'm still saying we won the war. cool

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:38 AM

LOL.

Just for giggles-out of the top 5 snipers in the world 3 are Canucks,1 Brit and 1 Aussie.
Not surprising since we grow up with guns in our hands hunting.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:46 AM

LOL.

Just for giggles-out of the top 5 snipers in the world 3 are Canucks,1 Brit and 1 Aussie.

Snipers don’t win wars. They do however make kills on valued targets.
Bombers, artillery, and guided missile strikes are clearly the force continuum.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:49 AM

Canada doesn't have a single nuclear weapon nor a way to stop one on it's own. Canada is ripe for the plucking without the US.

Keith

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:54 AM

LOL.

Too freaking funny……

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 05:02 AM

Unionized and Sociolized.

https://youtu.be/L_hFw_cWg9U
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 05:12 AM

Alaska has the western front coast of North Americas northern region. I bet we have more firepower, F-22s, nukes and early warning systems here than all of Canada.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Alaska has the western front coast of North Americas northern region. I bet we have more firepower, F-22s, nukes and early warning systems here than all of Canada.

Shhhh…. Boco is reminiscing on some sniper kill somewhere by someone from Canada.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff

1 is more nukes than Canada has.

Keith

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 12:11 PM

Canada was in both world wars from the start

Except you WERENT.Your leader "Fearing an Anglo-French cleavage,did NOT send conscripts overseas during the early years of the war,prefering to avoid such a move unless absolutely necessary" grin

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:19 PM

Canada never sent conscripts over til late in both WW's cause there were plenty of patriots/volunteers that did not need to be told what their duty was. Yes many of the French were odd given their ancestral country was jerked over so bad by the Germans in both WW's. Britain was hardly scratched in either war compared to France. Most of the Allied fighting was done by the British Commonwealth countries and territories, the Soviets (post May 1941), and a lot of resistance and escaped people from the occupied countries. Quite a few Americans volunteered for the Allied forces too pre Pearl Hr. This went on from Sept. '39 til Dec. '41 when the "sleeping giant/USA" was awoken by the Japanese according to their top naval strategist Admiral Yamamoto.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Canada never sent conscripts over til late in both WW's cause there were plenty of patriots/volunteers that did not need to be told what their duty was.

No.The reason Canada did not send soldiers to fight early on was NOT because there were "plenty" already volunteering to go on their own.I explained the reason in an above post.If you and Bozo want to pretend otherwise,,then be my guest.Bottom line is had Americans(not Canadians) not got involved in the world wars,it would be a whole different world we live in today.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:03 PM

Crosspatch is right and there is no need for namecalling like a little schoolboy.
Canada was in from the start in both worldwars and the states was scared to get in until the very end in both.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:08 PM

Yes u are right there was French/English divide re. recruitment and conscription but it did not result in a shortage of troops until fall 1944 with only 8 months left in the war on the European front in WWII. WWI near similar with Canadian conscripts only getting into the trenches in the last 100 days of that 4 year 3 month mess.

Absolutely true the US coming into both Wars was a deciding factor but only after the other Allies had significantly stretched the Germans, in particular, out. The Chinese in the Pacific do not get talked about much but they were a major military drain on the Japanese through out 1930's and up to Dec. '41. They then carried on right thought the whole of the Dec. '41 to Aug. '45 duration of war. Kind of like the Soviets vs. the Germans they probably lost more to the Japanese than any of the other Allies.

Yes US entry crucial to the final outcomes both wars but only after others had bled a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) of lot to hold the aggressors off.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Canada doesn't have a single nuclear weapon nor a way to stop one on it's own. Canada is ripe for the plucking without the US.

Keith

Dont need nukes to win wars today-those are useless against guerilla fighters.

You should know that-all the little countries that defeated you never had nothing but a few rusty AK 47's

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Canada never sent conscripts over til late in both WW's cause there were plenty of patriots/volunteers that did not need to be told what their duty was. Yes many of the French were odd given their ancestral country was jerked over so bad by the Germans in both WW's. Britain was hardly scratched in either war compared to France. Most of the Allied fighting was done by the British Commonwealth countries and territories, the Soviets (post May 1941), and a lot of resistance and escaped people from the occupied countries. Quite a few Americans volunteered for the Allied forces too pre Pearl Hr. This went on from Sept. '39 til Dec. '41 when the "sleeping giant/USA" was awoken by the Japanese according to their top naval strategist Admiral Yamamoto.

I see you're from Labrador.....the only country ever to vote itself out of existence because you couldn't take care of yourselves.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:19 PM

Labrador is a country?
Thats a good one.They were the last province to join the Dominion.Like the other nine did before them.
Newfoundland and Labrador sent more fighters percentagewise than any other place on earth to the world wars.
They would have no trouble kicking your arses today.They are bushpeople-very tough.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:40 PM

Actually voted itself out of independence yes. Wanna know why? The fiscal debt, and human cost, after WWI was so staggering that the place was bankrupt - check it out if you like. And sending people over there - in mother's family (both sides) there was grandfather and 4 uncles. One uncle did not go cause he had a family. The other 4 went as volunteers. One is still over there growing grass and the other 3 all received honourable discharges due to wounds. 3 of the 4 made their contribution before the Americans got into it.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:41 PM

Labrador is a country?
Thats a good one.They were the last province to join the Dominion.Like the other nine did before them.
Newfoundland and Labrador sent more fighters percentagewise than any other place on earth to the world wars.
They would have no trouble kicking your arses today.They are bushpeople-very tough.

Not anymore they're not but they were independent of Canada until no one wanted to buy their fish anymore.

Brush up on your countrymen's history, straight from their government website: https://www.heritage.nf.ca/articles/politics/collapse-responsible-government.php

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 03:46 PM

I am learning a lot about Canadian history. Thanks for the productive info.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:01 PM

Okay shouldn't post this but I'm going to. Boco is a really good trapper and knows what he is talking about when it comes to the outdoors and furs but he constantly runs America into the ground . But you will gripe about Biden and the dems. doing the same thing . I happen to love my country and am sick of a guy telling us that his country which would be speaking Russian or Chinese if it weren't for us is so much better. The war of 1812 what have you done lately besides loose at hockey?

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Okay shouldn't post this but I'm going to. Boco is a really good trapper and knows what he is talking about when it comes to the outdoors and furs but he constantly runs America into the ground . But you will gripe about Biden and the dems. doing the same thing . I happen to love my country and am sick of a guy telling us that his country which would be speaking Russian or Chinese if it weren't for us is so much better. The war of 1812 what have you done lately besides loose at hockey?

I don't take his ribs seriously. This is no different than a little brother talking some smack to his big brother. The big bother just chuckles it off.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:15 PM

Now Now.Some guys always put down Canada and I have to give you a reality check once in a while thats all.
Nothing personal but dont be thinking that your better than everybody else then you wont get to feeling bad when you are delivered a dose of reality.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Labrador is a country?

Not anymore they're not but they were independent of Canada until no one wanted to buy their fish anymore.

Brush up on your countrymen's history, straight from their government website: https://www.heritage.nf.ca/articles/politics/collapse-responsible-government.php

Similar to texas eh?Scared of the mexicans so gave up their independance to join the good old US of A eh?Those Texans must be pantywaistes just like the Labradorians in your mind.
Maybe brush up on your own history a bit.And dont throw stones from a glass house.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:28 PM

Crosspatch is right and there is no need for namecalling like a little schoolboy.
Canada was in from the start in both worldwars and the states was scared to get in until the very end in both.

Tell the truth, in both the king ordered your troops into the fight. We on the other hand didn't want any part of a royalist mess on the first one or it's bloody aftermath when y'all botched the peace.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:28 PM

Boco u got it backwards again, Texas took in the States not the otherwise. Just ask any Texan. Though I think they regretted it later on. grin

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:42 PM

Similar to texas eh?Scared of the mexicans so gave up their independance to join the good old US of A eh?Those Texans must be pantywaistes just like the Labradorians in your mind.
Maybe brush up on your own history a bit.And dont throw stones from a glass house.

Just like Texas! I don't care much for them either. Why join a nation just to secede from it in a few years? And then come crawling back while still acting and teaching history as if they're an independent nation LOL All hat and no cowboy.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by rex123

I don't take his ribs seriously. This is no different than a little brother talking some smack to his big brother. The big bother just chuckles it off.

I agree with Pike River.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:46 PM

Boco's just envious that they couldn't beat us when we were in our infancy and now we're a super power.

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:47 PM

Might have gone a bit over board, lol

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 04:59 PM

[Linked Image]
Just one more for those uppity Canadians

Re: War of 1812. - 07/21/21 05:18 PM

your better than everybody else

Yer probly only saying that cause its true. grin