Home

Longevity?

Posted By: jk

Longevity? - 07/21/21 11:01 PM

1. The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54

2. The inventor of gymnastics died at the age of 57

3. The world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41

4. The best footballer in the world Maradona, died at the age of 60.

5. James Fuller Fixx credited with helping start America's fitness revolution by popularizing the sport of running died of a heart attack while jogging at 52 years of age.

BUT

5. The KFC inventor died at 94.

6. Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88

7. Imagine, cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102

8. The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake

9. And the Hennessey Liquor inventor die d at 98.

How did these doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?

The rabbit is always jumping up and down but it lives for only 2 years and the turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So, take some rest, chill, stay cool, eat, drink and enjoy your life.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Longevity? - 07/21/21 11:06 PM

#8 likely didn't care! LOL
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 02:57 AM

grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 03:00 AM

Like the big drug dealers-they never use their own product obviously.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 03:09 AM

Well, if constant exercising is that great for the body and increasing longevity, I guess then that principal would also apply to running your car constantly at high speeds and expecting the engine to last longer??? grin
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 03:09 AM

Can u find something on the creator of copenhagen living past 90 for me please!!!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 03:14 AM

in my family expect a heart attack about 65 if you live you might get 20 more years after the docs , clean out the blockages

oldest man in family history 84 19 years post heart attack , I am sure hoping I got some of my grandmas genes she just turned 93 , but it isn't looking good got my first blood clot at 41
Posted By: warrior

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 03:56 AM

Dad at 79 is on track to set the record for us. So far he is the top three.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob
#8 likely didn't care! LOL

He probably lied about his age.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 05:02 AM

Funny stuff. The inventor of salt and refined sugar are probably still both around. It's all the people that came after them that are dead.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 05:19 AM

From my perspective being active and exercising is not about living longer it is about making each day I have with more stamina, flexibility and ability to get to do the things I like to do .

Bryce
Posted By: Marty

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 05:34 AM

Your rational is absurd but if it makes you fell better while you sit on the couch eatin cheetos its OK with me.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 05:57 AM

I have come to terms with my mortality.
It may be at 99 like my great grandfather Ole, it may be at 73 like my dad , or at 55 like my sister (three weeks after her cancer diagnosis).
Life is a terminal condition for all of us.
I'm just old enough that it's too late to die young, so I don't worry much about it.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nelly
I have come to terms with my mortality.
It may be at 99 like my great grandfather Ole, it may be at 73 like my dad , or at 55 like my sister (three weeks after her cancer diagnosis).
Life is a terminal condition for all of us.
I'm just old enough that it's too late to die young, so I don't worry much about it.

Until the handwriting is on the wall I don't think you can really live if you are worried about dying.
Posted By: James

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 06:12 AM

Gymnastics as a sport dates back at least to the ancient Greeks.

"Inventor of opium" LOL!

Jim
Posted By: run

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 09:51 AM

There's probably more truth to this weird thread. But I do like moderate exercise. What about the inventor of naps? How long did he live?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
From my perspective being active and exercising is not about living longer it is about making each day I have with more stamina, flexibility and ability to get to do the things I like to do .

Bryce

X2
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 10:47 AM

Funny post lol
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 01:30 PM

look at the number of people who worked a job where they were active every day , then hit retirement age and a well due rest they plopped down on the couch and averaged 9 SS checks before kicking the bucket.

my parents neighbor is 93 he is a month older than my grandmother , who fell and broke her hip 3 years ago and that cut her movement down a bunch , she still walks at her assisted living place with a walker , but when out not very much.
Jack still has a garden it gets about 4 feet smaller each year since he turned 80 that he still has more than 500 square feet will tell you how big his garden used to be

he still mows his lawn he moves slower , but he never quit moving
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Longevity? - 07/22/21 02:06 PM

Yawwwwwn, I'm gonna take another nap. Wake me up when trapping starts!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums