Home

Lost a brother

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Lost a brother - 07/22/21 09:55 PM

Found out one if my guys from my brigade committed suicide the other morning. One if the last people we would have thought. Was a big goof ball always making people laugh..... I wasn't super close to him like the guys in my section but our brigade was was pretty close knit and we talked a good bit so this hits kinda hard. Please if you having them kinda thoughts talk to someone...

Till Valhalla brother you will be missed....
Posted By: sotired

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:02 PM

Sorry for your loss Wolfdog and thank you for your service.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:04 PM

I am sorry to hear that. My boyhood hero did that years ago and like your friend nobody would have ever suspected he was fighting those kind of personal demons. He was the life of any party
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

We think when people seem happy and others like to be around to get their spirits lifted that they would be the last to do something like that. But sometimes its the hurt inside that they are trying to compensate for. Remember Robin Williams ?
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:08 PM

Godspeed
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:10 PM

You make a good point Foxpa. Williams could cheer up the whole world but not himself.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:15 PM

No shame to ask for help! The VA has many different programs to help, as do each branch of service.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:26 PM

Remember the good times, Wolfie.

Moosetrot

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:31 PM

Thanks everyone, we had just got told he die and just figured it was a wreck or something. Sucked but when we learned it was a suicide....... It's so much worse
Posted By: Boco

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:32 PM

Sorry to hear,God Bless.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:32 PM

prayers for family and friends
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:42 PM

Prayers Wolfie. Never did understand a permanent cure for a temporary problem. Just transfers your pain to others.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:43 PM

Sorry for your loss, cherish all the good times.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 10:43 PM

Sorry for your loss, remember him as the brother he was to everyone. Cherish life's precious moments!
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:07 PM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:09 PM

Depression like that is hard to imagine. I wish it hsdnt happened
Posted By: Hunter 1

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:11 PM

Sorry for your loss. Never easy to deal with something like this.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:12 PM

Prayers. Sorry for the loss of a friend and comrade.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:18 PM

I'm sorry Wolfie.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:27 PM

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s hard to understand what drives a person to do that. You never know what someone is going through emotionally
Posted By: rex123

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:47 PM

God give you peace and may he be with him.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Lost a brother - 07/22/21 11:53 PM

Till Valhalla

Call someone
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 12:52 AM

Praying.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 01:17 AM

Sorry to hear that. I went 40 years and we only had 2 in the community lost to suicide. I’ve known 5 personally in the last 6 years. Sad. Take care Wolfie

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 01:32 AM

Thanks again y'all, any advice on some flowers or something to send to the funeral?
Posted By: charles

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 01:42 AM

What do you think was eating at his mind so heavily?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 02:17 AM

Very Sorry Wolfdog
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 03:21 AM

Sorry to hear that Wolfie. Its something that we just have to live with as there is never any notice beforehand. It sucks and has happened to me a few times and I hate it ... brings back memories lost and nights without sleep. Age don't help either
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 04:29 AM

Wolfie this is just one of those thing's that we'll never truly understand or at least I probably won't .

As for Robyn Williams his son just did a interview and said his dad's biggest hurdle was a misdiagnosis and some strong meds for a illness he didn't have , he was misdiagnosed !

Instead of flowers maybe plant a tree in his honor on or near the base you all served from if possible , or everyone from your outfit could pool your money and get a cement bench with a brass plaque along a walking path or if possible grave side .
Allan
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Thanks again y'all, any advice on some flowers or something to send to the funeral?

I'm terrible with things like this. I just call the flower shop, explain things to them and rely on their expertise and pay them.
Posted By: swamp

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 10:22 AM

Very sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for you and his family.
Posted By: run

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 11:39 AM

Sorry for the loss, wolfdog.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 11:41 AM

prays for the family
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 11:49 AM

Prayers sent Wolfie….that’s a tough one for sure
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 12:15 PM

In my prayers: Its like you never see it coming, dealt with 4 attempts or members admitting to the process, one was my best guy in Iraq told me about 6 months after we came back (never saw that one coming). another put a weapon in his mouth and pulled the trigger (his wife had unloaded the weapon before they went to bed) i got him down to the VA as soon as i found out in the morning. Three of my guys work together in civilian life. Had a member park her car sideways on a 4 lane and block traffic. Another tried a vehicle thing. What i have noticed is some of the symptoms that are common are like ADD, like constant channel surfing of hard core gaming another thing to watch for is thyroid issues, when talking to the vet i always ask if they had their thyroid check, believe it or not multiple people had bad thyroids which can make a chemical in balance. There are more out there, thats why so many went back for multiple tours, leave no soldier behind is ingrained. returning create guilt. then there is the here i am a burger flipper over there life was so simple just me and them. i heard multiple stories are very similar. and lets not forget the "dear john side of things"/. Would i go back , yup. so would all the others. In my prayers buddy. ur not alone. Addiction to memories.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Allan Minear
Wolfie this is just one of those thing's that we'll never truly understand or at least I probably won't .

As for Robyn Williams his son just did a interview and said his dad's biggest hurdle was a misdiagnosis and some strong meds for a illness he didn't have , he was misdiagnosed !

Instead of flowers maybe plant a tree in his honor on or near the base you all served from if possible , or everyone from your outfit could pool your money and get a cement bench with a brass plaque along a walking path or if possible grave side .
Allan

I like the bench idea instead of flowers if you can get enough guys together for it. Check with the town he was from and see if they would let you put one on a walking path or the sidewalk downtown there.
I'm sorry for his family and your loss.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 12:50 PM

Hate to hear that.
Prayers for the family and friends.

Donnie
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 01:09 PM

Wolfie, so sorry to hear of your loss. If anyone needs help please find some.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 02:48 PM

So sorry... Those are tough losses.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Lost a brother - 07/23/21 03:30 PM

This is my unit's memorial. I knew many of them. It hurts to see friends names on these.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums