Home

Drove the New F150 Hybrid

Posted By: coal miner

Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:13 AM

Drove the New F150 Hybrid Today it’s an incredible Truck it will sell very well
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:20 AM

What time was it? Did you pass a Chev and a Dodge.
Must have been TIN PASS TIN.
Posted By: charles

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:30 AM

You can’t say stuff like that to trappers who despise the thought of an electric truck. Go wash your mouth with Backbreaker.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:03 AM

I’ll be interested to see how the libs fascination with electric vehicles goes over when a family is stranded in a blizzard because their batteries freeze up and they can’t run a heater or move. Over a third of this great nation has “real” winters. Twenty to thirty below is no joke, and people for the most part don’t know how to survive if caught accidentally in such weather.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by charles
You can’t say stuff like that to trappers who despise the thought of an electric truck. Go wash your mouth with Backbreaker.

I'm uninformed so may be wrong but Hybrid is not the same as all electric vehicles. Hybrids may have great advantages. Heck most trains are Diesel electric hybrids for a reason and I don't think it's environmental.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by TC1
I’ll be interested to see how the libs fascination with electric vehicles goes over when a family is stranded in a blizzard because their batteries freeze up and they can’t run a heater or move. Over a third of this great nation has “real” winters. Twenty to thirty below is no joke, and people for the most part don’t know how to survive if caught accidentally in such weather.

Don't forget areas with high heat. Works the same with no AC.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:17 AM

No Fords in my driveway. They get towed.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
Originally Posted by charles

grin

Yes! wink
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 03:56 AM

i owned 1 ford. never again!

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by minklessinpa

I have a daily driver I pull tractors and hay with that has 390,000 miles on it. No problems other that standard things that wear out on a 20 year old vehicle that gets used. I also bout one I traded in less than a year. It's good to have a sample size of more than one.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 11:47 AM

Are those the ones where the exhaust pipes double as forklift pockets, so they can stack them easier at the junk yard ??? Do they still have the cup holder thing in the tailgate ???
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 11:52 AM

Official truck of NFL.
That said my GM is loaded and broke down along the road right now.
I'm not bias, they're all junk lol.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by minklessinpa

Got that right…cus Ford owners can’t afford a GMC
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 12:41 PM

Its going to be a winner. F150 still best selling vehicle in US

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 12:50 PM

My 2015 GMC 2500….just passed inspection this month with 140,000 miles on it….AND STILL ON THE ORIGINAL BRAKE PADS !!!!! It needed a right upper ball joint and a knock sensor for inspection. That’s the first money I’ve had to put into this truck..other than oil changes and tranny fluid changes.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 12:58 PM

How much is.a.new.battery going to be when the warranty runs out.
Had a.guy tell me 1 for a new car was $30,000 when it went dead 5 days after
the 1 year warranty was over. Never had a hybrid...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Are those the ones where the exhaust pipes double as forklift pockets, so they can stack them easier at the junk yard ??? Do they still have the cup holder thing in the tailgate ???

grin

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:35 PM

Nestle said --> cus Ford owners can’t afford a GMC
Don't know about 150s but price out the 1 ton 4x4s, big diff

Got mine going. It was the Vaughn framing hammer sensor to the starter.
Extra high torque on stock.
Posted By: run

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

You win. Scuba I.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
Nestle said --> cus Ford owners can’t afford a GMC
Don't know about 150s but price out the 1 ton 4x4s, big diff

Got mine going. It was the Vaughn framing hammer sensor to the starter.
Extra high torque on stock.

It's spelled Vaughan. LOL.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 01:45 PM

K grin

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/23/21 02:46 PM

The real test of a trapping vechile is having coonman 220 take it for a hard, fast drag race to the alignment shop.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
My 2015 GMC 2500….just passed inspection this month with 140,000 miles on it….AND STILL ON THE ORIGINAL BRAKE PADS !!!!! It needed a right upper ball joint and a knock sensor for inspection. That’s the first money I’ve had to put into this truck..other than oil changes and tranny fluid changes.

What was the inspection for?
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Not stopping at any intersections
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 02:43 AM

I had an old F150 hybrid used more oil then gas

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 03:30 AM

Here in NH…..all vehicles are put up on a lift and front end parts are checked for wear….exhaust leaks, make sure you have plenty of brake pads, e brake works, wipers,horn, make sure the tires are good, no cracked Windsheilds, make sure all the lights work. Are you telling me…they let all the goobers loose on the road to endanger other drivers,motorcycles, people on bikes, pedestrians….with junk cars ..bald tires and tie rod ends ,ready to fall out ?

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 10:38 AM

Is the inspection a yearly thing? What are the penalties for noncompliance? Cost? Sorry for the questions, but I find this interesting as we have nothing like it here.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 11:42 AM

Is the inspection a yearly thing? What are the penalties for noncompliance? Cost? Sorry for the questions, but I find this interesting as we have nothing like it here.

Yes, yearly here.
Like Nessy said, it makes sure the vehicle is road worthy. No rusted frames, balljoints, tie rods, exhaust and brakes are all good.

I charge 33.00 right now but Oct. 1st I'm going to 36.00. Cops will arrest you but I'm not sure what the fine is, over 100 I'm sure.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 11:43 AM

Here if it don't pass, you get a rejection sticker and ain't supposed to drive it til its fixed.
Yes, once a year.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 11:56 AM

Guess we shoulda said, there's a sticker we put on our windshield to show it was inspected.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 12:11 PM

Some counties also need to pass emissions.
That can be tough on the oldies.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 12:32 PM

My new f150 drives like the last one. Could not refuse trade in offer was 2grand more than I paid a year ago on my 2019 so I got a new one.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 12:34 PM

Most people don't do proper maintenance and wine about repairs.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 01:13 PM

Seems like mandatory inspections would hit the po' folks the hardest.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

Yes, yearly here.
Like Nessy said, it makes sure the vehicle is road worthy. No rusted frames, balljoints, tie rods, exhaust and brakes are all good.

I charge 33.00 right now but Oct. 1st I'm going to 36.00. Cops will arrest you but I'm not sure what the fine is, over 100 I'm sure.

Been 40.00 up here for years….plus emissions test too. No stickah…you get a ticket…you get pulled ovah again…not good.

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 01:56 PM

A friend of mine lived in NH all his life….then moved to Tennessee about 4 years ago. He calls me up and says….there are no annual car inspections down here….you should see what all the Hillbillies are driving on the road…it down right frightening !!
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Drove the New F150 Hybrid - 07/24/21 04:37 PM

i get them coming in from ohio.no windows, fenders, bananna peels for tires.!!state boys turn them around and send them home!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums