Home

Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns

Posted By: corky

Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/23/21 04:24 PM

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...r-sturgeon-biologist-resigns/8067137002/
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/23/21 05:39 PM

I swear some of our wardens would write their mom or wife a ticket or turn them in after they’ve been retired for 10 years.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/23/21 08:47 PM

A $500.00 fine is nor much of a punishment for overseeing the illegal trade in at least $100,000.00 of caviar.

Keith
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/23/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
A $500.00 fine is nor much of a punishment for overseeing the illegal trade in at least $100,000.00 of caviar.

Keith

While agree with this I'll bet there is more to it. When he resigns I suspect or at least hope he is loosing his retirement and he'll be marked so that getting another job in the natural resources field will be hard.

Getting a job as a biologist is hard enough without having any baggage.

He looks young enough so that he will have to worry about his future.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dirty D
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

While agree with this I'll bet there is more to it. When he resigns I suspect or at least hope he is loosing his retirement and he'll be marked so that getting another job in the natural resources field will be hard.

Getting a job as a biologist is hard enough without having any baggage.

He looks young enough so that he will have to worry about his future.

Dont do the crime if hou cant do the time
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 12:50 PM

The judge seemed sympathetic. What does that mean?
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 01:15 PM

Sounds like there were more DNR people involved than just him.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 01:36 PM

Sounds to me like a government beaurocrat didnt get his jar of caviar and caused a big stink about it . In a previous article they said that he supplied caviar at meetings .
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
Sounds like there were more DNR people involved than just him.

That was my first thought, one guy is taking the fall, but for how many that were actually involved?
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 05:01 PM

I think the DNR was more concerned about the lying to investigators and destroying evidence than the deed itself.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 07:23 PM

From previous articles he was the goodwill ambassador for the sport[one article said the face of ] of spearing . If a higher up wants him out of the way they must discredit him IE squeeze him about somthing questionable until he does something clearly illegal to hide something . Then you hang them , appoint somebody that will make the changes you want .
There have been lots of well meaning politicians displaced this way . Expect big changes in the sport that your biologist didnt like
Posted By: TC1

Re: Top WI sturgeon biologist resigns - 07/24/21 07:52 PM

X2^
© 2024 Trapperman Forums