Home

GFW talk

Posted By: SNIPERBBB

GFW talk - 07/23/21 10:25 PM

Here's the link to the Facebook video.

https://www.facebook.com/furandwoolmarket/videos/539133433998668/
Posted By: Northof50

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 12:20 AM

Always interesting in how they are able to get out what is really effecting the markets with these new challenges with c-19 with their business plan.
Good overview from Bryce( Canadian buyer front row) on coyotes and the marten market at the current state.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Always interesting in how they are able to get out what is really effecting the markets with these new challenges with c-19 with their business plan.
Good overview from Bryce( Canadian buyer front row) on coyotes and the marten market at the current state.

Can you summarize what he said about the marten market? I don't have 37 minutes to waste. Thanks!
Posted By: Boco

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 01:45 AM

He said he'll buy all you got for 10 ea?

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Northof50

Can you summarize what he said about the marten market? I don't have 37 minutes to waste. Thanks!

I think he said Alaskan marten at 50 basis

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 02:48 AM

last 3 or 4 minutes
they have sold all that they collected last year
Posted By: coonman220

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 03:40 AM

I watch it, I don't see how catch covid from pelt, say china test all, sound like phenominial chance get covid that way

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 03:15 PM

So marten are not worth trappping still. The beat goes on.
Posted By: J Staton

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 03:48 PM

Dirt, as there are no marten in the piney woods of Arkansas, what price does a marten have to run to make a noticeable profit in the forest of Alaska?

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Dirt, as there are no marten in the piney woods of Arkansas, what price does a marten have to run to make a noticeable profit in the forest of Alaska?

I can only speak for me. $50 average is the bare minimum. Got to push $100 average to make good money. It is highly variable due to weather and travel conditions. Marten have a high production cost when you have to maintain trails and cabins and snowmachines.
Posted By: gibb

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 04:49 PM

When a buyer says a $50 basis they mean that is the top price and down from there. It's not a $50 average.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 06:38 PM

Sounds like coon the same last season right now

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 06:44 PM

No Dave; they cant set a price till the stuff in the pipe gets moving and sold. As they explained
They said to listen to their youtube market reports closer to the season for prices.

$ 50 basis was last years price for marten 3xl dark, seems the last couple of strings at FHA must have been their canary marten and the zoogores were bidding on them
Posted By: walleyed

Re: GFW talk - 07/24/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Sounds like coon the same last season right now

Screwed you are, coonman !!!
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: GFW talk - 07/25/21 12:05 AM

Did Groenwold talk any about certification and traceability?

Re: GFW talk - 07/25/21 12:41 AM

yes he did and the new form phrasing they are using this year, probably 1/2 way in the clip
They read out a form in it's wording to be on the computer screen.

I know good grades in Canada got a plastic bulleyes tag placed on them to follow through the tanning.
mmm remind you of a requirement for a certain client
Posted By: Mitch L

Re: GFW talk - 07/25/21 02:07 AM

I never knew what building they had this in! I WANTED PIZZA!!!!!

Re: GFW talk - 07/25/21 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch L
I never knew what building they had this in! I WANTED PIZZA!!!!!

Was the same building everything else was in. Problem was instead of listing the building, they listed the room in the building.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums