Home

Bacon Spam?

Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 10:53 AM

Just seen it, never tried it...Like to keep some canned meat at the camp as I sometimes get banished to the cabin without much warning. Try to keep a food stash of non perishables for just such emergencies.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 12:15 PM

If you like Spam it's good.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 02:37 PM

Don’t know anything about the product . But had to ask is this for self exile? Or someone else wareing the pants shocked
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 03:18 PM

Tried it. It’s good. I still like the original spam best.

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by cmcf
Don’t know anything about the product . But had to ask is this for self exile? Or someone else wareing the pants shocked

Never really thought of who is wearing the pants. I pick the battles I fight very carefully. The cabin is off grid hunting fishing and trapping cabin on 145 acres with a trout stream near it. 13 miles from home. Having it means a disagreement of what to watch on TV, or a honey doo list addition could result in some quiet time at the cabin....Lol Been married 39 years today, momma may be catching on to my little game.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 03:39 PM

I'll have to try some
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 04:29 PM

Double breaded and fried! YUM-YUM!
Posted By: trapper red 315

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Double breaded and fried! YUM-YUM!

X2
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 05:24 PM

Feedinggrounds, you answered my curiosity. Sounds like a self imposed sanctuary to avoid strife. I’d say that is a win,win.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 05:28 PM

I've tried every kind they make. Even had my buddy in Hawaii send me a few kinds I never heard of. Wife went on a vacation with family a few years ago and I stayed home to work. Had eight different spams in the cupboard and sent her a picture of what I made with each one every day. I called it my Spamcation. Went she got back she laughed and said I should go see my cardiologist.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 05:30 PM

Many years ago I considered Spam a “good cut of meat” when that was all that was available, I still like it today.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:03 PM

Good right out of the can, warmed only by the sun while fishing!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:12 PM

I never tasted Spam until I was 23 or 24, in 1993 or 1994, when an old, hillbilly woman, Edith, made Spam and tomato sandwiches for me. She also gave me my first taste of biscuits and gravy. I thought Spam tasted okay, but was a little to salty. Edith was a great character, funny, loyal and tough.

The only time I ever saw Spam before that was was when the neighbor kids tried to use it as fish bait. It was lousy fish bait. They could not get it to stay on a hook the way they used it.

I bought Spam a few years later and it was just to salty.

About 12 years ago, I had several flavors of grilled Spam, while drunk, camping and hungry and it was fantastic.

I should try Spam again. Bacon Spam sounds good.

Keith
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:17 PM

You can now get Spam that has a lower salt content.
I love fried Spam sandwiches with mustard on top.
Tom
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:18 PM

Keith, I agree that is is a bit too salty for me but I hear they make a low sodium Spam too. If your ever in the neighborhood of Austin MN, check out the Spam museum, they have an incredible selection of Spam in store. Some not available in stores here in the states.
https://www.spam.com/museum
https://www.spam.com/varieties
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:25 PM

There's a bar in Anchorage called the Fly By Night Club. A hundred years ago, I exercised my elbow from time to time in there. The music was performed nightly by Mr. Whitekey and the Spamtones. All songs were about Spam, and everything on the menu had spam in it...Everything! Interesting place.

Jack
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:28 PM

Fried Spam and egg sandwhiches. Used to go camping and hunting with an older fella when I was younger. He always carried some in the truck. We would hunt and pull over and sleep in the front seat of the truck wherever we got tired. Got hungry for lunch he would pull over and break out the camp stove and fry up some Spam and fried eggs for sandwhiches. Mmm-hmm good! Dinner was generally fried potatoes with eggs scrambled in and some chunked up Spam.

More on topic, I've tried the bacon spam and it is good, but then I like Spam. Kind of like frying an egg in bacon grease, if you like fried eggs it gives it a little bacon flavor and is better than a plain fried egg, but if you don't like fried eggs you still aren't going to like one fried in bacon grease.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:36 PM

In a time long past, when we were young and struggling, my then wife got access to Spam and made us 'Spam Fritters'. Was mean't as a sort of survival food. Anything better than nothing notion.

Know what? They were Absolutely Delicious!!!

Might have to grab me some 'Canned Cardiac', next time in town. Save it for a special occasion grin
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:44 PM

The wife batters it and fries it and I love it. I buy the great value brand at Walmart. They have the regular and the bacon flavored and it cheaper than name brand. The bacon is harder to get. When the covid first surged I bought 100 cans, maybe that was why it was in short supply for a while around here. I still got about 40, the expiry date is way out. I learned long ago that if I was going to stockpile food to get only stuff I liked. Can't eat the Vienna sausages but the wife does.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:45 PM

I heard Hormel is having a huge celebration in memory of their first batch of Spam, which was produced 77 years ago. Seems they're celebrating by making their second batch.

Jack

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:47 PM

I just figured bacon enhanced everything...Lol I might eat bacon every week or two, but when I do I don't mess around.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:56 PM

I'll have to pick up some low sodium Spam and give it a try again.

Keith
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 06:59 PM

Always kept this! grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/24/21 07:01 PM

Hormel has a gift shop on I-90 with everything Spam you could think of.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/25/21 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gulo
I heard Hormel is having a huge celebration in memory of their first batch of Spam, which was produced 77 years ago. Seems they're celebrating by making their second batch.

Jack

^^^^ Bahahaha ^^^^
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: Bacon Spam? - 07/25/21 04:37 PM

Spam was once a Army ration . The jalapeno one is my favorite .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums