Home

Looking for help.

Posted By: barry leroy

Looking for help. - 07/24/21 12:47 PM

NEVERMIND. Thank you to those that gave nice words and the ones that donated I'll continue to keep him healthy and healing as for the rest of you I hope your never down and out and have to make decisions.
Have a good day.

Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Looking for help. - 07/24/21 01:56 PM

Best wishes for your pup and your family

Re: Looking for help. - 07/24/21 03:50 PM

Thank you
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:00 AM

Me thinks B.L. is going to have a learning opportunity.

Dang dogs- sure get attached to them.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:09 AM

Vet hospitals gouge the crap out of you, weekend emergencies are worse.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:17 AM

Talk about a blast from the past! Good luck with your pooch.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:18 AM

my reply got deleted
Posted By: Boco

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:22 AM

Must have been a not nice post.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:24 AM

Several replies were lost when I moved it back from the Moderators forum.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
my reply got deleted

Yep, it wasn't pertinent to the request.

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Chapel

You sure do. Jackie and I have decided not to have children and see our dogs as our children
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Had a terrible incident last year with my dog, he made it but it wasn't cheap.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Looking for help. - 07/25/21 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by barry leroy
Originally Posted by Dean Chapel

You sure do. Jackie and I have decided not to have children and see our dogs as our children

I'm sorry for your dog's health issues.

but, it is NOT a child. Yes, I understand you get attached to them...we do too. And I'm guilty of spending "too much" on a dog's health. But the difference is, I could afford it at the time. had the same thing happened when we were just starting out, the dog (a beloved pet who was Special in every good sense of the word) would have been put down upon diagnosis.

Best of Luck.

btw...I'm only an hour away from Pixburgh...if there's anything else (besides $$) I can do to help, let me know.

Who is the Vet?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 02:20 PM

Ur wrong on the animals being same as humans. History and laws are 2 examples that would confirm my point.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 02:21 PM

If your a praying person I would also point out the distinction between animals and humans in the Bible
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 02:54 PM

Many things are upside down these days including this.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 03:29 PM

All I can say is wow.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 03:52 PM

How much money have you raised so far Barry?
Nevermind,I just clikked on your ad.
Looks like you're well on your way to your goal.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:01 PM

My last dog was a Siberian Husky. He got sick and I had to have him put down. I decided to never have another dog as I don't like seeing them die. Man's best friend.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:07 PM

If only they could get the gov to acknowledge pets are children then medicaid would be the way to go !

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I figured this post wouldn't go over well here, lol.

I love my dogs way too much. Would I go in debt over a favorite? Probably, if it wasn't TOO much debt. But if I did, that would be on me, and I sure wouldn't ask anyone else to pay my vet bill. As was said above, I'd be looking for a second job or some odd jobs to pay off the bill. To me, working an extra 10-20 hours a week for a few weeks to pay off the bill would be worth the life of a favorite dog, easily.

So I don't blame Barry for taking on some debt to save his dog, only for now trying to get out of having to pay for it.

I don't expect to raise enough to pay for it. I'm just trying to get to where I can start paying back the friend I barrowed from and to be able to take him to the following appointments.
I am working as much as possible I work in the woods by myself I can only cut so many trees at a time
But I'm not going to sit here and explain my life to a bunch of people running me down on the internet
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:10 PM

Good luck with this, Barry! Been in your shoes before and it is not fun or cheap. You will find your way out of it and I hope your pup comes out of it okay!

Moosetrot
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:13 PM

It's a judgement call when healing will cost more than can be afforded.... Believe me, it takes a lot of love to put down a longtime friend.

The good news for y'all is I don't consider any of you longtime friends........Bwaaa,haaaa,haaaa grin

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Good luck with this, Barry! Been in your shoes before and it is not fun or cheap. You will find your way out of it and I hope your pup comes out of it okay!

Moosetrot

Thank you
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Looking for help. - 07/26/21 10:38 PM

Any more negative crap will result in vacations being handed out.
Posted By: flash

Re: Looking for help. - 07/27/21 03:11 PM

Hey Barry. We just went thru an emergency surgery with our 7 month old Lab. He had been sick for a couple of weeks before we found out on July 1st that he had only a couple of days to live if we didn't get him up to Richmond for the surgery. He came into our lives at the right time so of course we did want we could. He's right close as I write, and 65 pounds of hardhead for sure. Gus is here for the long haul. We do thank the lord for having the means to save him. He`s our fourth and probably the last we have. They do find a place in you're heart like no other.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums