Home

I want one

Posted By: danny clifton

I want one - 07/25/21 01:51 PM

Clyde Barrow of Bonnie and Clyde fame used one. Thats one of the reasons the NFA passed in 34. Never mind that Barrow stole his from a national guard armory rather than buying it.

I think one would be a lot of fun.
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 02:13 PM

Yes please
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 03:07 PM

Its a heck of a chunk of iron
Posted By: cotton

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 03:18 PM

Meeeee too
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 03:38 PM

Get two.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 04:46 PM

Posted By: jk

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 05:52 PM

Not forgotten by me!!! great heavy weapon at15ish pounds. Shoots 30-06 rounds......jk
Posted By: Cragar

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 06:31 PM

B.A.R. is a nice gun , but very heavy if ya gotta lug it around a bit. Hefty round it puts downrange however.

More of a fan of an MG-42 for belt fed action , H&K MP5 for close in subgun work.

I would not turn down the chance to own a B.A.R. however.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 06:39 PM

Cragar its legal in KS. Have to pay the feds an NFA fine of 200 bucks and then wait months for permission. Since no new manufactured automatics can be sold to civilians thanks to Ronny Ray Gun they are also unbelievably expensive. I just can't justify that expense or the whole ask permission thing to myself. Just one more reason we need to remind politicians it says "shall not be infringed".
Posted By: Cragar

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Cragar its legal in KS. Have to pay the feds an NFA fine of 200 bucks and then wait months for permission. Since no new manufactured automatics can be sold to civilians thanks to Ronny Ray Gun they are also unbelievably expensive. I just can't justify that expense or the whole ask permission thing to myself. Just one more reason we need to remind politicians it says "shall not be infringed".

Legal in my state for all pre '68 samples too. Just crazy expensive. I had a chance years ago to get an H&K MP5 in 98% condition for $5k but didn't have the coin at the time. I regret that. I like the H&K , very controllable. More rounds on target. Expensive hobby , even more expensive feeding them too.

I've even shot a GE mini gun (.223) , can you imagine feeding that thing at today's prices with a cyclic rate of 3,000 rounds per minute?
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 08:45 PM

In my dad's regiment of the 393rd , they had BAR man and his munitions carrier and loader , sandbag theirselves in their dugout and held off 2 German companies . What I was told by dad and some other old veterans , that the BAR man was the most hated by the enemy . Dad served with the 99th Division Company B 393rd regiment in the Bulge , Ruhr Pocket and Remagen Bridge .
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 09:27 PM

Subguns.com would cost more then a house
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: I want one - 07/25/21 09:40 PM

I think it was Kirby that carried the BAR and Sgt Chip carried a Thompson on Combat.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums