Home

Michigan and Ohio State

Posted By: cheechako

Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 10:53 PM

Hmmm…this would get interesting wouldn’t it?!

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/latest-conference-realignment-rumor-states-123925223.html
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 10:56 PM

I don't see the point of this other than to confuse Kentucky more than they already are.
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 10:59 PM

Money…it’s the point of all these shenanigans…
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 11:16 PM

Nooooo not Ohio ST.....
Posted By: warrior

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 11:21 PM

Ordinarily I would be absolutely opposed to letting a bunch of no good carpet bagging dang Yankees into our conference but I seriously would like to see OcryO state play a full slate of SEC conference games and then run that yap.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/25/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
I don't see the point of this other than to confuse Kentucky more than they already are.

I promise Kentucky won't be confused...Please, please bring OSU to the SEC and expose that overhyped media darling football team.

They will be sub-par in the SEC at best..

Posted By: HayDay

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 02:04 AM

Next question is who is SEC gonna start kicking out to make room for all the newcomers?
Posted By: James

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 03:27 AM

I heard Kentucky once had a basketball team. Didn't know they played football down there.

Jim

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 10:09 AM

Yeah, once upon a time .."8 National Championships"....O' Cryo State has 1, guess anbody can get lucky "once"

We're a football bottom feeder in the SEC, but do pretty well in the other conferences, wonder why?

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 10:18 AM

Sorry. OSU has 8 FOOTBALL national championships. And Kentucky has...?

Are you a Kentucky alumnus? If not, there's no "we" involved in whatever KY did.

An accident of geography doesn't make you a true fan.

Jim

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 11:53 AM

Of course Kentucky doesn't have a national football title, never will either. They're a basketball school... They do have the winningest basketball record however , and have the most NCAA basketball titles of anyone. correction...(next to UCLA, forgot UCLA grin)

And Alabama has by far the most football championships...What conference are they from James?

Lets get out of the dark ages and compare a more modern OSU football record against Kentucky's basketball record.....Since 1975 Kentucky has 4 titles and OSU has 2, so who is performing twice as well in the last 40 or so years?

I'm a Kentucky alumnus, my family tree goes right back to Boone, hows that for a true Kentuckian?...We were here before the University, so to say someone isn't a true Kentucky fan because they didn't attend the school is just silly.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 12:33 PM

Well haters gonna hate. If The OSU was irrelevant nobody would be talking about them. Great University and great football team.

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 01:17 PM

I would love to have them in the SEC, no kidding.....No one doubts that they would be a worthy addition.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by James
I heard Kentucky once had a basketball team. Didn't know they played football down there.

Jim

Yea penn st didn’t think Ky had a football team either Sent them back home rubbing their heads lol lol

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Well haters gonna hate. If The OSU was irrelevant nobody would be talking about them. Great University and great football team.

Great might be stretch. Good competition yes they are !!
But I will pee myself with joy if they come to sec !! What conference you going to bad mouth then lol lol lol
You heard the saying. “ can’t beat them join them “
Lol lol lol

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by cheechako

PLEASE PLEASE SWEET baby JESUS let this be true !!! Let it happen !!
Thank you
AMEN !!!

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by bass10

Great might be stretch. Good competition yes they are !!
But I will pee myself with joy if they come to sec !! What conference you going to bad mouth then lol lol lol
You heard the saying. “ can’t beat them join them “
Lol lol lol

A top 5 team EVERY year I'd say makes them great? Unless you are delusional and losing it and just a flat out hater, I believe you may qualify for all three.

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 06:12 PM

Of course I guess your description of Great is not having players arrested or caught selling University property. OOPS can't be that could it?
EVERY YEAR !???? That's pushing it. Your the one delusional. Let them join the SEC and we'll see how many top 5 rankings they finish with.................

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 07:35 PM

This is joining the SEC thread so since its not just football but basketball also so do you really want to go down that road? At least OSU was just kids being stupid and not
the adults that are in charge of them.

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/26/21 09:40 PM

Yep, jbyrd is a hater. He hates the fact that OSU has a winning football program.

Don't see anyone else hating some faraway football team.

We don't even know which team he supports. He claims the whole SEC. Fair weather fan, rushing off to support whatever team succeeds.

Jim

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/27/21 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by James
Yep, jbyrd is a hater. He hates the fact that OSU has a winning football program.

Don't see anyone else hating some faraway football team.

We don't even know which team he supports. He claims the whole SEC. Fair weather fan, rushing off to support whatever team succeeds.

Jim

James exactly where did you go to school? No such thing as a fair weather fan from SEC The conference wins championships every year Tons of northern big ten guys on here hating on the SEC so that statement is false !
Plus by your definition you either have to have attended a school or live close by to root for someone or root against them. With your location that’s listed don’t guess you can root against ANYONE since your hundreds of miles away from any good universities that have sports programs that are relevant!

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/27/21 08:33 AM

I'm a Buckeye.

I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, where football means Ohio State University.

I'm a double alumnus. BA, 1977; JD, 1981--OSU!

My parents are both alumni--they met in class at OSU.

My three brothers are all OSU alumni. Many of my uncles, aunts, and cousins are or were OSU alumni.

Now, what school do you support? All I ever see is you bad-mouthing OSU and the Big Ten. Sounds like a bad case of envy to me.

Jim
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Michigan and Ohio State - 07/27/21 01:38 PM

SEC currently has 14 teams. Adding TX and OK runs it up to 16. Adding Ohio State and Michigan would bring it to 18. Already had 2 divisions within the conference (east and west).

At what point does SEC cease being a conference and start becoming it's own Division in NCAA sports?

If memory serves, Texas A&M and MO left big 12 over money concerns. Perhaps NE the same......they just went elsewhere.

TX in particular was a money hog........was talking about it's own TV network, and compared to other teams in Big 12 conference, had money to burn. SEC distributes TV and endorsement money equally to all teams in the conference, so each can support it's programs. A better option than "root hog or die".

These player endorsement deals is gonna take us back to that. Will eventually lead to one or two "super conferences", which will be semi-pro leagues, as money deep schools will be able to get best players money can buy.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums