Home

NE WI - Hold onto your hats

Posted By: Green Bay

NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/28/21 11:53 PM

Well boys, sounds like tonight is going to be a rough one - 80 mph straight line winds, 2" hail, and torrential downpours. Hope everyone rides it out safely.

Brian
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:01 AM

Stay safe and don't send it our way
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:05 AM

I'll be getting a little bit of it looks like. Its saying 24 mph winds for me in tomah.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:13 AM

That went North of us no big news came out of it but things could change by the time it gets there.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:28 AM

Just need a big bowl of chicken booyah.
Posted By: Zim

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:50 AM

Best of luck fellers.
I will be like the weathermen in the morning
and tell ya what happened.

Zim
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 12:56 AM

Will be here about midnight or a tad before. Don't know if the worst cells will be north of our or not. Just Google the area where our 2nd house is at and at 7:15 PM they were in the middle of some rough weather. Will need to follow up on that later.
It seems that the each major front or cell system is quite different. Some 40 mph wind with pea sized hail and some 60 plus mph and bigger hail. Tornado watch is on for the whole central part of the state.

Bryce
Posted By: Pike River

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:10 AM

Hear to fronts or storms and converging and will create the crazy winds. So calm right now its crazy that in just a few hours how much its going to change.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:30 AM

Just about to hit us. Will let you know, forecast is 40 to 80 mph.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:34 AM

Its going too far north for me frown

we need the rain, its drier than a popcorn Fart
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:35 AM

Hang onto something heavy, boys! While I feel for you guys I am really hoping it does not take a swirl to the southwest like they are predicting.

Dead calm here right now.

Like most weather predictions, I will believe it when I see it.

Moosetrot
Posted By: keets

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:40 AM

looks like the worst of it is going around me right now....my jobsite in Westboro will be messy though
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:41 AM

Stay safe over there, fellas!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Green Bay
Well boys, sounds like tonight is going to be a rough one - 80 mph straight line winds, 2" hail, and torrential downpours. Hope everyone rides it out safely.

Brian

they was just flash flooding in door county Saturday morning when I was up there visiting.

sure could use a 2 day soaker of 2 inches
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 02:54 AM

Hearing the thunder now, not much wind. They're predicting it will swing around us, one cell to the north another to the south; but who knows.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 03:05 AM

Rolling continuous thunder and lightening here--just across the border from Hudson Wi, tornado warning and severe thunderstorm warnings till 2AM.
Tom
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 03:33 AM

Hoping for the best for you guys

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 04:17 AM

Looks like Macthediver and I are going to take a good pounding pretty soon.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 09:35 AM

Well boys it totally missed the Green Bay area but appears to have hit further south around Omro and Ripon. The news is reporting that people are without power and multiple trees down.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Brian

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 09:57 AM

it rolled in about 1:50am tornado sirens and weather radio blaring

I know it caused problems elsewhere but didn't seem all that bad in my part of the county
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 10:37 AM

Got a little wind and a 1/2 inch of badly needed rain.
Posted By: k snow

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 10:53 AM

A little bit of wind, one heck of a light show and just under a quarter inch of rain. Could have used more rain, its really dry here.

Hope everyone else faired okay. After being part of a tornado/straight line wind a few years ago, I want no part of that anymore.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:13 PM

I knew your weather must be really bad I am getting emails askin if I would deploy there to work claims

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:18 PM

sounds like Ripon got hit good lots of strait line winds

I was up working after it passed here , the middle of the band fizzled out about Rockford IL. didn't see what the ends looked like , east looked like it spread when it hit the Lake and lost intensity

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I knew your weather must be really bad I am getting emails askin if I would deploy there to work claims

Weather is supposed to be pretty nice now for a bit. Come on up and get to a brat fry or three. Its a good time to visit Wisconsin.

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Leftlane

Weather is supposed to be pretty nice now for a bit. Come on up and get to a brat fry or three. Its a good time to visit Wisconsin.

fish should be done spawning , nights will start getting back to the 60s , catch a fish boil , a few fish fries , plenty of brats and pig roasts . if you stay a while you can maybe even catch a Booyah!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 03:02 PM

Here In Oregon we only got about a 1/4" and no wind damage. I was hoping for hail so the insurance co would pay for my roof replacement. My contractor Is going to start next week.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 04:07 PM

I live 10 miles from Lake Michigan, we got .1 of an inch. I will need to water again today. We got 4.5 inches a week ago but it came so hard that it sealed the surface of the soil and more than hoped for ran off. All that rain really did for us was hatch a ton of bugs. Need to wear a hoody to work in the garden.

Bryce

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 04:32 PM

Pretty intense here for a little over 1/2 hour last night. Had the flashlights, etc. out and we lost power for just a few seconds. Heaviest rains I have seen in a while. Have not heard yet how much we got. Some wind but not as much as they got up in the Osseo area. Corn in the field across the road seems fine and so far no trees down in our yard.

I think we lived through it.

Moosetrot
Posted By: BigBob

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 04:51 PM

Everyone OK?

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 05:05 PM

Parents down in Racine lost power for a few hours, not much rain though. No damage at all for them. No one here at work has talked about any storm damage.

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 06:46 PM

Parents down in Racine lost power for a few hours, not much rain though. No damage at all for them. No one here at work has talked about any storm damage.

mom and dad are out near the Fair grounds in Racine county dad's weather station said the strongest gust was 28mph , sustained at 15mph mostly no damage a little rain

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

mom and dad are out near the Fair grounds in Racine county dad's weather station said the strongest gust was 28mph , sustained at 15mph mostly no damage a little rain

Mine are a half mile from the lake, 2 miles south of the Milwaukee county line.
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: NE WI - Hold onto your hats - 07/29/21 11:27 PM

Tornado just north of Baldwin.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums