Home

Over The Top

Posted By: Pawnee

Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:18 AM

Forty-eight-year political veteran President Biden raised eyebrows on Wednesday when he claimed to have driven an 18-wheeler truck — a claim the White House struggled to defend. “I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man,"

Hat tip Fox News

Holy moly I’ve heard it all now sick
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:27 AM

Dude was pretty clueless before the election.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:31 AM

C'mon man! He just mixed up one verb. He meant to say he had SEEN an 18 wheeler once.. LOL.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:34 AM

Maybe his son stole one.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:35 AM

Might of hauled illegals back in the day.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:36 AM

His son was probably a lot lizard to support his......aw nevermind.

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:37 AM

I’ve been saying for a year it is elder abuse. Official now
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:39 AM

Well , he hasn't done anything else in 48 yrs so maybe ........
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:45 AM

well even 40 years ago they required a CDL to drive an 18 wheeler ,

here is the reference that could be found https://news.yahoo.com/rnc-fact-che...Z2MzdI_izMFbCB15XQoJviin2DO3kTTKV9japObX

so either he broke the law and drove that night or he is fibbing yet again

I flew a 727 once also , from the last seat in the back , couldn't even recline a little because the wall for the toilets were right behind me , it's like the same thing man. you know! the thing man the thing.

I didn't even get the window seat , tells you what kind of ticket I can afford. best seat I ever had was right next to the door , they said it was my job to open if we crashed good deal for me most leg room I ever had in a flying tin can
Posted By: Marty

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:53 AM

This disgrace is embraced by the news media....what a fubar situation.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:02 AM

I thought this was gonna be about Lincoln Hawk and Bull Hurley….

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
This disgrace is embraced by the news media....what a fubar situation.

Yep just take a second or two and think what would have happened if Trump said something like that
Posted By: Posco

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:55 AM

Biden is a serial liar, it's well documented.

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:57 AM

Yes he is
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 04:28 AM

Until you stop or get rid of the media, it will never stop
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Biden is a serial liar, it's well documented.

And completely ignored by the so called media.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 11:13 AM

CDL came to be in 1990. About 1985 or 6 Barabara Walters did a 20-20 special called Killer Trucks. That started the whole debacle. I would bet 100 dollars Joe wouldn’t know how to release the parking brake
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 12:45 PM

He could not even get into one .... they have steps to get into the cab and we all know that steps are the kryptonite of shotgun Joey.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I would bet 100 dollars Joe wouldn’t know how to release the parking brake

I bet you are right. Most people who have never driven an air brake equipped vehicle would know what that hand valve is used for.

Pssssst......
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 12:58 PM

Brad, it reminds me of John Kerry askin "is this where I get me a huntin license?"

Guys like that are so out of touch with the common man it isn't even funny but I laugh that they would think we will buy their goofy attempts to win us over.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 01:03 PM

I’d love to see old Joe run through the gears just one time that would be a hoot, come on man!
Posted By: Posco

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I’d love to see old Joe run through the gears just one time that would be a hoot, come on man!

Hooking up the brake lines would be a confidence builder.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

We used to say,,,If ya cant find em,,grind em. grin
Posted By: k snow

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 02:44 PM

I'm sure this was Joe, in his mind:

Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:25 PM

His Handle is Teddy Bear.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyTime
Dude was pretty clueless before the election.

Still is! LOL
I'm reminded of a comic strip in the papers when I was a kid, "Terry and the Pirates" , about a jet fighter pilot in Korea and his sidekick buddy that drove an 18 wheeler for the "Red Ball Express".
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boy Named Sue
His Handle is Teddy Bear.

Nope.

Sniffer or Digitizer
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 04:54 PM

Joe Biden may have driven a tractor-trailer. Didn't the late Harry Chapin write a song about Joe driving into Scranton??
Posted By: Zim

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 04:58 PM

Back in the mid 70's I drove dump trucks for a couple years.
It was quite a learning process for a 20 year old guy as they had
Browning transmissions, 5 speed mains and 4 speed auxiliary.
The trucks were Diamond Reo's with an inline 6 banger Detroit Diesel.
I doubt joe has the aptitude to bang the tires with a 3 pound hammer
in the morning to check inflation much less double clutching on the downshift.

Zim

Re: Over The Top - 07/29/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Brad, it reminds me of John Kerry askin "is this where I get me a huntin license?"

Guys like that are so out of touch with the common man it isn't even funny but I laugh that they would think we will buy their goofy attempts to win us over.

I remember him saying that. Rush used to use it as a example of how disconnected from us they are. You hit the nail on the head. I listened to a clip of him yesterday getting Obummer and Trump mixed up. I had to turn the volume off because I felt so bad for him and sad for our country. I just couldn’t listen.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Over The Top - 07/30/21 12:40 AM

Yeah the only problem is when he does become unfit for office by whomever makes that determination then we have to deal with Harris and Pelosi. Yuck and double yuck
Posted By: Swifty

Re: Over The Top - 07/30/21 02:12 AM

The Speaker of the House does not become vice president. In this scenario, Harris (as new president) would nominate someone for vice president, and the House and the Senate would have to confirm by majority vote. There simply would be no vice president until this is completed.

As far as how a president is determined to be unfit:

Section 4 (of the 25th Admendment) addresses the dramatic case of a President who may be unable to fulfill his constitutional role but who cannot or will not step aside. It provides both a decision-maker and a procedure. The initial deciding group is the Vice President and a majority of either the Cabinet or some other body that Congress may designate (though Congress has never done so). If this group declares a President “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” the Vice President immediately becomes Acting President. If and when the President pronounces himself able, the deciding group has four days to disagree. If it does not, the President retakes his powers. But if it does, the Vice President keeps control while Congress quickly meets and makes a decision. The voting rule in these contested cases favors the President; the Vice President continues acting as President only if two-thirds majorities of both chambers agree that the President is unable to serve.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums