Home

Just Thinking

Posted By: Zim

Just Thinking - 07/29/21 10:59 PM

Man was that a mistake, more questions than answers.
Why as a landowner am I required to pay school tax when I already paid for private school and college for my one child?
Good Lord I hate the school system.
Why do I pay tax on gasoline when I also pay tax on vehicle registration and license?
Why do I pay tax on certain groceries?
Why do I pay tax on necessary fuel to heat my home and electricity?
Why is my income with held, and maybe refunded if I have paid in too much?
Why should I pay a penalty if I did not with hold enough?
Why do I pay tax on ammunition and my hunting, trapping and fishing privileges?
Hey, how come I have to pay tax on a box of worms, anyway? How in H can you tax a worm?
Why did I pay tax on the computer I am using?
Why are vehicles taxed every time they are sold?

I guess the end thought is, all this tax goes to a form of government that has become so bloated
that it is not at all what was intended.

Done now, lol zim
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:03 PM

grin Zim....one thing remains.

At least there is no tax for petting the chooks .

I hear ya, though . Give Chickie a hug for me.

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:08 PM

Hey Sharon, how ya doing?
Come to think of it, they taxed the dad blamed chickens too!

Zim
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zim
Hey Sharon, how ya doing?
Come to think of it, they taxed the dad blamed chickens too!

Zim

grin Well sir, I suppose that tax is on the feed bought, medicines , cleaners, and the building of the coop to begin with.

I'd like to think SOME of our tax goes to things we use and worth the money to have.

Your point on schools tax I see very well. Insult to injury would be iffin it is discovered that the school is trying to sneak in that racist CRT junk....otherwise, you hope the kids are educated well and worth our tax donations.

Doing ok, Zim....this dry spell is terrible and I can't wait for rain and later winter. Summer ain't all it's cracked up to be. smile
Posted By: rex123

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:30 PM

Welcome to America.

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:49 PM

I really do not want to add it up, i'll bet that 50% of my income goes to tax in one way shape or form.

Zim
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Just Thinking - 07/29/21 11:53 PM

Hate to break it to you, but I believe it's more than 50%.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:34 AM

Too bad you're not an Indian Zim
They're tax exempt.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:40 AM

Zim……dig yah own dang worms….to avoid the tax
Posted By: eric space

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:44 AM

Zim if you add it up it will be way more than 50%. The wife and I figured up ours when quarantined and it was 64.7%!!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
I really do not want to add it up, i'll bet that 50% of my income goes to tax in one way shape or form.

Zim

and 90% of whats left goes to insurance.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:47 AM

If you want to get really depressed add up the taxes paid and then add up the benefits you receive from local, state and federal governments. Then do the math on how bad you're getting robbed.

My kids go to school, I drive on the roads and I get some basic protection from having police and the military. Although I've never called the police and I think we could slash military spending by minding our own business.
Posted By: Supergoose

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 11:27 AM

I found this thread too taxing to read…..
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:09 PM

So you pay tax on the money you get. Then whoever you give the rest to, they pay tax on it again. Oh the humanity. Bahaha. Federal notes are all borrowed. To be paid back plus interest.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
If you want to get really depressed add up the taxes paid and then add up the benefits you receive from local, state and federal governments. Then do the math on how bad you're getting robbed.

My kids go to school, I drive on the roads and I get some basic protection from having police and the military. Although I've never called the police and I think we could slash military spending by minding our own business.

We could get rid of 90 percent of federal law enforcement/probation and you wouldnt know the difference in society.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

and 90% of whats left goes to insurance.

Or Buggy warranty $$$
Posted By: Posco

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
The Gubment takes half of all our money,,and is 28 Trillion in debt,,yet expects us to live on the other half. mad

What are you going to do about it? That's what I thought. That's what they think.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 02:26 PM

You shouldnt complain about paying the current taxes on hunting and fishing gear. Those funds are the main source for funding conservation, including hunter and trapper education in all 50 states. I would sure be opposed to a 'punitive' tax on those items in the future, but for now, the current tax benefits sportsmen.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 02:59 PM

Taxation is theft! And county tax assessors rank right in there with lawyers and abortion doctors in my book.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 03:27 PM

The guys and I used to laugh about our paychecks in the military. It was money being paid to us from taxes dollars from the public. Then, when they paid it to us, they taxed it again. Lol.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
Taxation is theft! And county tax assessors rank right in there with lawyers and abortion doctors in my book.

x2
Posted By: Boco

Re: Just Thinking - 07/30/21 03:29 PM

Do like the old days.Anything with a tax on it throw it into the harbour.
You dont pay tax on tea anymore right?Or do you just pay it to a different king?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums