Home

Water Flower Picture

Posted By: trappingthomas

Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:28 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Water plants have always fascinated me. Just had a phone so sorry for quality.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:33 AM

Nice photos.
Reckon there's a big ol' bass under there?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:37 AM

Since we don’t have much water we just have moss. What are those? Water Lilly’s?
Posted By: SJA

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:44 AM

Lotus, and you can eat the root. :-)
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:49 AM

Not Lotus, Water Lily. Lotus rises 3-4ft above the water and the seed head looks like a shower head when finished.

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:51 AM

Yup, you're correct. :-)

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Since we don’t have much water we just have moss. What are those? Water Lilly’s?

I believe so. But I was just visiting lol.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 02:00 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 02:18 AM

I run a seedless frog over the top of every patch like that I find. Every now and again I catch the biggest fish of the day like that.

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I run a seedless frog over the top of every patch like that I find. Every now and again I catch the biggest fish of the day like that.

Would have loved to fish but was there for a quick visit at a friends lake house.

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

Can you really eat Lotus root?

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Originally Posted by SJA

Yes, and it's quite good too!

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 03:49 AM

[/quote]

Yes, and it's quite good too![/quote]
Then I will have to try it. Thank you.

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 04:17 AM

Yes, and it's quite good too![/quote]
Then I will have to try it. Thank you.[/quote]

Google : lotus root recipes. I've eaten it when available, especially overseas. :-)
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 03:44 PM

Real purdy pics. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 03:56 PM

I heard them seedless frogs were pretty good eating. Personally, I prefer a weedless frog when fishing lilies for bass. laugh
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Nice photos.

I recon I would cast it and find out.

when a bass comes up an nails a top water frog , it is a lot of fun

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I heard them seedless frogs were pretty good eating. Personally, I prefer a weedless frog when fishing lilies for bass. laugh

Daggum smart phones whistle
Posted By: rattrapper1234

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Nice photos.

I recon I would cast it and find out.

when a bass comes up an nails a top water frog , it is a lot of fun

Frogs are fun but once midday hits I like to flip a creature bait into holes in the pads.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 08:24 PM

Took the jon boat out with my 14yo son this afternoon and fished an area exactly like these photos...except the lillly flowers were yellow, not white. The patch of lilly pads is so thick you can't fish with anything except a hollow body frog. Everything else gets tangled in the weeds. Had lots of strikes but no hook-ups. The advantage of hollow body frogs is that the hooks are protected by the frog's body and they will skip on top of the lilly pads without ever getting tangled. The disadvantage is that the hooks are protected by the frog's body and they rarely hook a fish.

If anybody has a solution, I'd like to know it. I've caught a few big bass on these lures but I miss most of them.

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/30/21 10:44 PM

Yeah I have to let them eat a hollow body for an excruciating long time to get a good hookset. It ticks me off missing some big ones but I still do it because it works so well.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/31/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
Took the jon boat out with my 14yo son this afternoon and fished an area exactly like these photos...except the lillly flowers were yellow, not white. The patch of lilly pads is so thick you can't fish with anything except a hollow body frog. Everything else gets tangled in the weeds. Had lots of strikes but no hook-ups. The advantage of hollow body frogs is that the hooks are protected by the frog's body and they will skip on top of the lilly pads without ever getting tangled. The disadvantage is that the hooks are protected by the frog's body and they rarely hook a fish.

If anybody has a solution, I'd like to know it. I've caught a few big bass on these lures but I miss most of them.

I have the same problem. You're supposed to delay setting the hook, but danged if I can do it!

Re: Water Flower Picture - 07/31/21 02:50 AM

LG mouth Bass "inhale" the bait at first, then swallow it. Wait for the 2nd "tap". :-)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums