Home

Mark of the beast

Posted By: jbyrd63

Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:35 AM

Laugh at me again like some did over a year ago Prophecy ? vaccine passport ? Proof to go into places. Proof to buy food It is coming

Hmmm sounds a little like the book of revelations
Posted By: SJA

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Laugh at me again like some did over a year ago Prophecy ? vaccine passport ? Proof to go into places. Proof to buy food It is coming

Hmmm sounds a little like the book of revelations

Agree. I've also been reminded of that too. :-(
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:39 AM

Keith
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:42 AM

I just wish it came when I was younger and in better fighting shape. I declare for good and God and the protection of the innocent.

Keith
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:44 AM

Yep , been saying it for awhile ........chip in the forehead or no pass go

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

. . . or mark on hand.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:54 AM

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:57 AM

Times getting real scary, huh?
Posted By: BandB

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:01 AM

Incremental changes. Get you used to the idea.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by SJA
Originally Posted by AntiGov

. . . or mark on hand.

I figured head because it's easier to remove your hand

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:04 AM

True, unless you allow it or it is held down :-(
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:22 AM

I think the mark will be something that people get knowingly when they choose to follow the anti-christ. They won't know he's the anti-christ, believing he's the Christ; but they will make a conscious decision to follow him and get his sign.

It won't be something that people get, thinking it's something other than what it is.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:29 AM

Was it Faust,,or Fauci who made a deal with the Devil? Hmmmm
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I think the mark will be something that people get knowingly when they choose to follow the anti-christ. They won't know he's the anti-christ, believing he's the Christ; but they will make a conscious decision to follow him and get his sign.

It won't be something that people get, thinking it's something other than what it is.

Interesting. Are you saying those with a reprobate mind will have this choice as well?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

I believe it's out of necessity or covienence at first . Not planned but later used for evil
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:14 AM

Ha, when I clicked on this I fully expected to see the buckeyes emblem.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:18 AM

While I do not condone violence; I do support our Bill of Rights 100%. In order to maintain the integrity of our nation for our children, sometimes drastic measures must be taken.

I don't necessarily think this initial vaccine (which appears is becoming mandatory) is the mark. However, we have no idea what the powers that produce the vaccines are actually putting in them. There are no long-term diagnosis'. This is not a vaccine. It is an mRNA injection that has the ability to make the bodies' cells produce certain proteins. The average citizen had no idea what so ever what is in these so called injections and the long-term effects. Furthermore, we have absolutely NO IDEA how this injection may effect our germ cells and what we may pass down to our children. The mark may very well follow our next generation.

I wish I had more faith in our government and pharmaceutical companies to protect us and look out for humanity rather than making billions off of the uneducated sheep, but unfortunately I believe that we live in that evil of a world.

The corruption and evil is all around us and on the news everyday. Double standards are the norm. The government mandates taxes, vaccines, mask wearing etc. for the common folk, but they exempt themselves from them. Our education system is broken. We have allowed the enemy within our government and schools and his motives have strengthend to the point that we look like the fools.

Every time I see evil in high places, I am reminded of Luke Chapter 4 when Satan (the god of the world) took Jesus up high on a mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world. "All this authority I will give You and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore if you worship me all will by Yours."

In order to give something, it must be legit. Jesus never questioned Satan's ownership of the world and the kingdoms. We have a task at hand and I believe it will require all of our armor.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by SJA
Times getting real scary, huh?

Exciting more than scary. It's unfolding right before our eyes for those who choose to see it.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

True, unless you allow it or it is held down :-(

Or take a knee
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:10 AM

When UPC codes first came out preachers were saying that was the mark and people were going to be tatooed……..
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:11 AM

I suppose there was probably a lot of talk about the beast and end times during the civil war when brother was fighting brother and innocent people that took no sides had their houses burned, their women raped and their men killed. Yep, I bet they thought that was Armageddon. Or the people in the war torn countries of WW1. I knew 3 survivors that fought in the trenches, 2 of which was gassed and could barely whisper. I bet those people thought the end was coming. Or those people of WW2 that got got marched to the gas chambers or had their cities leveled or all their able bodied men called to fight the front lines and their woman to support the effort whether nurses or welders. Or if the War didn't get you the swine flu would. I bet the religious doom and gloomers was having a big heyday and or payday. Or how about those young men recruited to fight something half way around the world with one hand tied behind their backs and the press there to bring it right into the living room every night for judgement. Or the no show welcome home boys, good job, thank you ! or the fight in the East over oil to supply our appetites.
I'm sure all the scenarios above had people thinking the end was near and for those that met their demise it was an end for here but a new beginning in one of two options that's been chosen in a life time of either getting it right or not.
We hear a lot more about the number on your forehead then the Name of God on our forehead. Negative seems to sell the best among the negative.
In the mean time while I make the tremendous decision of making my huge sacrifice to wear the dreaded mask or to take the liquid chip, the clock is ticking and time is my enemy or my friend.

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:13 AM

MarkJune posted a video of a DR saying the vacine was made from luciferon and people who got it would be linked telepathicly to ICloud. I am nervous about government insistance that people get it but making up wild stories just confuses things

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chancey
While I do not condone violence; I do support our Bill of Rights 100%. In order to maintain the integrity of our nation for our children, sometimes drastic measures must be taken.

I don't necessarily think this initial vaccine (which appears is becoming mandatory) is the mark. However, we have no idea what the powers that produce the vaccines are actually putting in them. There are no long-term diagnosis'. This is not a vaccine. It is an mRNA injection that has the ability to make the bodies' cells produce certain proteins. The average citizen had no idea what so ever what is in these so called injections and the long-term effects. Furthermore, we have absolutely NO IDEA how this injection may effect our germ cells and what we may pass down to our children. The mark may very well follow our next generation.

I wish I had more faith in our government and pharmaceutical companies to protect us and look out for humanity rather than making billions off of the uneducated sheep, but unfortunately I believe that we live in that evil of a world.

The corruption and evil is all around us and on the news everyday. Double standards are the norm. The government mandates taxes, vaccines, mask wearing etc. for the common folk, but they exempt themselves from them. Our education system is broken. We have allowed the enemy within our government and schools and his motives have strengthend to the point that we look like the fools.

Every time I see evil in high places, I am reminded of Luke Chapter 4 when Satan (the god of the world) took Jesus up high on a mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world. "All this authority I will give You and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore if you worship me all will by Yours."

In order to give something, it must be legit. Jesus never questioned Satan's ownership of the world and the kingdoms. We have a task at hand and I believe it will require all of our armor.

And this my trapper friends is a fine post.
Who can know the ways of the Lord is not only accurate it's Truth. Most biblical scholars, as they study Revelation 13, especially verse 18, don't believe the "mark" is a literal branding as has been done throughout history. Most believe (as do I) that it's not a visible mark but rather a spiritual mark. The righteous and believing (in Jesus Christ as Lord) have the Father's name "written" on their foreheads and the wicked and unbelieving have the name of the beast. Both are invisible spiritual marks. The verse has nothing to do with a literal thing or number, or vaccine.

The point of the Apostle John's Inspired Revelation is much simpler = if you don't compromise with the worldly standards... you will suffer. 1st century believers were ordered to worship the Emperor. If they didn't, they suffered. So the world operates according to the Prince of the Power of the Air's wishes at this point and those who don't follow should expect some setbacks. Satan knows humans are made in the image of God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit so Satan knows our rational minds will try and figure out the beasts (1st being the state and the 2nd being the perversion of Christianity). All this to say we should expect many alluring cults and perversions to speak highly of Jesus and even the cross. Satan knows all humans seek after something bigger than themselves because we are created in God's image, and we were made by God for God's glory.

The bad news is our minds are meaning making machines and the human heart is an idol factory so we seek God in all the wrong places and the Devil finds joy in everyone searching in those places. The Devil wants everyone to try and figure it all out and he doesn't even care if they believe in God. Hardly an atheist exists in reality. The Devil just doesn't want humans to believe AND BE SATISIFIED with their faith in Jesus Christ. Rest. Satan hates humans to rest in faith in Jesus. So if humans can find a religious sounding cause, or political activism in the name of the Lord, or make gods of their family, or make gods out of anything else.... Satan wins. And that's his game plan here on earth.

Rev 18:15 "And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain." gives context whereby the 2nd beast persuades the world that the images of the 1st beast is truly God. Like in the 1st centuries when the religious convinced people to worship Caesar. Now-a-days we aren't coerced to worship the president, but the 2nd beast is still working for Satan, make no mistake. He tells the people (us) that sex is best done apart from commitment and morality, and that fame and academic power are the supreme goal in this life, and that what anyone else does doesn't effect me, so behind closed doors is ok. And 1000 other idols for our idol making hearts.

I really enjoy the Truth of Revelation but always remember as the Apostle Paul said, this earthly battle is spiritual warfare to the end.
And the One who made it all in the first place is the final victor.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
MarkJune posted a video of a DR saying the vacine was made from luciferon and people who got it would be linked telepathicly to ICloud. I am nervous about government insistance that people get it but making up wild stories just confuses things

I don't believe that doctor per se, but found it intriguing that educated folks are still debating what would seem straight forward.
Then as now.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:59 AM

If I've got my Revelation timing down right I expect to be raptured of this rock before this begins. Danny will have to give us the 'skinny' on how it's implemented. smile

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:03 AM

Well, a front row seat in the left behind pepes will be quite a show J Staton.
I always tell Donna, if she and I are bottling lures, or checking traps and I look back at her, and she has vanished.
I'm gonna say uh-oh.

grin
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:31 AM

Amen, Mark. All I know is God is in control and it’s his timing when anything happens. We are going to go through trials and storms. Faith will bring you though them all.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:45 AM

My saying every time I have s procedure or a trial in life is "If God leads you to it he will also lead you thru it ".

Yes something that have been prophecy hasn't happened yet but lots of things happening today are following the path. Right is left, good is evil , and evil is good.
I too don't think it is not a visible mark but only time will tell. Pelosi may not be the beast but I do think you has a direct line to satan .

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Stake
Amen, Mark. All I know is God is in control and it’s his timing when anything happens. We are going to go through trials and storms. Faith will bring you though them all.

I was always a pre-trib kind of guy, hoping to make it out before things went south in a big way. I don't feel that way anymore. My pastor has been preaching through Revelation for months now and it seems every Sunday he makes mention of those who can kill the body but can't touch the soul. Look at the number of believers who are being slaughtered in Africa for their faith. Granted, that's Muslim on Christian but you can see the hostility brewing here in this country. I've changed my mind, I think it would be a privilege to die a martyrs death. I'm not suggesting seeking it out but being prepared for it if it were to come. Things are ripening at a pretty good clip. The US government isn't going to save us.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 01:05 PM

Look into China's social scoring system
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Look into China's social scoring system

We are just a few steps away in my opinion. Most of us on here are already in the tank as far as scores go
laugh
Posted By: charles

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 01:46 PM

fretting over the wrong issues.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:09 PM

Explain yourself Charles? No fretting here, just speaking the truth. If you don’t believe in the I AM, that is your choice.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:14 PM

The government is getting more control every day over our financial sector, food sector, health system and energy sector. Couple that with labeling ideas that go against their agenda as domestic terrorism, fears of a pandemic and global warming they can pretty make you chose to toe the line or give up access to all the above mentioned systems with a social scoring system.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by charles

Bunch of nutbars.LOL.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Bunch of nutbars.LOL.

You're a Roman Catholic, correct? Your faith has no impact on you it seems so I wonder why you bother claiming it.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:32 PM

My faith has nothing to do with believing in wild nutty conspiracy theorys.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:33 PM

Most of us have no idea what it looks like to our faith tested by an evil government and have a hard time grasping how bad it could get

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:33 PM

I'm thinking "the Great Harlot" consist of all politics and religions.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:34 PM

You think Joe Biden cares about you? Have you tried getting him on the phone? He's busy taking direction from CEOs who run multi-national corporations whose main interest is in the dollar, not you. They don't care about the sovereignty of the US, they can live and do business anywhere they want. While you sleep, they give your country away. They don't realize they're puppets in someone else's hands. Read Revelation and see what happens to those wealthy merchants when Babylon the Great falls. It's coming.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:37 PM

Either you don't know or don't believe what you claim to believe.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:39 PM

You only call it conspiracy because you don't believe it.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:43 PM

Whatever.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:44 PM

Honest question, where does your faith come from? Or to ask it another way were do you find the bases for your faith? If your a Christian I would believe it would have to be the Bible. If your faith is in Christianity and anything spoken in the name of Christianity doesn't line up with the Bible I'd truthfully be intrested to hear your take on it.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 02:54 PM

Whatever.

Speechless? That's not like you. Defend your position.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:33 PM

Already did-end of discussion.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Honest question, where does your faith come from? Or to ask it another way were do you find the bases for your faith? If your a Christian I would believe it would have to be the Bible. If your faith is in Christianity and anything spoken in the name of Christianity doesn't line up with the Bible I'd truthfully be intrested to hear your take on it.

Sorry,I'm not a preacher,my faith is my buisness.
From what I see here is a lot of nutty interpretations from your bibles.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:38 PM

Boco ain't as dumb as some think.
He knows his government is monitoring ALL his online stuff, so he has to be extra careful what he post anywhere
We should do the same

Trust me on this one.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

You think Joe Biden cares about you? Have you tried getting him on the phone? He's busy taking direction from CEOs who run multi-national corporations whose main interest is in the dollar, not you. They don't care about the sovereignty of the US, they can live and do business anywhere they want. While you sleep, they give your country away. They don't realize they're puppets in someone else's hands. Read Revelation and see what happens to those wealthy merchants when Babylon the Great falls. It's coming.

Of course Joe Biden doesn't care about him and isn't going to take his call. Neither did Donald Trump, Barrack Obama, George Bush or (insert every politician) and none of them would have taken his call.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog

Boco ain't as dumb as some think.
He knows his government is monitoring ALL his online stuff, so he has to be extra careful what he post anywhere
We should do the same

Trust me on this one.

I dont give a turd about who monitors me.
Paranoia is not me.

I dont take too seriously people interpreting from a bible they made up in the 1600's to suit themselves because they didnt like the original one.(Catholic).

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 03:59 PM

Boco my understanding is the Catholic and Protestant Church share the same New Testament. Where they differ is the old Testament which the Original was the Hebrew. The Catholic Church added to the Hebrew and the Protestant went back to the original Hebrew but broke it up in more chapters. The condensed version based off my understanding.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:12 PM

After you all decide which bible is the right one, you might run your roots off this link I found a while back.
http://www.truthforsaints.com/Christian_Denominations/Denominations-Family-Tree-Flowchart/

I get a warning on some of the Eastern ones that goes like this "On websites which are supposed to be secure (the URL begins with "https://"), Firefox must verify that the certificate presented by the website is valid. If the certificate cannot be validated, Firefox will stop the connection to the website and show a "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" error page instead."

So the Beast may be in it, enter at your own risk !
Posted By: waggler

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:16 PM

I don't think getting the "vaccine" and the required proof of vaccination is the "mark of the beast". However, these types of things are most definitely conditioning people to accept the "mark".
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:23 PM

Not worried one bit. I know my eternal destination.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:26 PM

...vacine was made from luciferon and people who got it would be linked telepathicly to ICloud.

Sweet! That explains how my music and photos get updated automatically!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

I think it's America.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I think it's America.

The harlot are the churches that prostitute themselves with these worldly governments

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:16 PM

What do you guys have against harlots?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:19 PM

The fees are getting out of hand. Inflation, I guess. whistle

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:26 PM

Same thing Jesus did

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:32 PM

There was the matter of Juda and Tamar in Gen 38 that kinda got Juda tangled up.

And then I think Rahab was in the lineage of Jesus ?

So maybe putting all people in one category really ain't fair !

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:35 PM

I thought Jesus liked harlots? Said to quit throwing rocks at them or something ?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:38 PM

I thought Jesus liked harlots? Said to quit throwing rocks at them or something ?

You would be correct. Loves all sinners, luckily for me.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 05:49 PM

There is the Book of Susanna in some bibles that shows an example of how "not" mans virtues are perfect. Of course your pastor or deacon may not want you to read it and get outside the box they have you in.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 06:04 PM

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 06:26 PM

We should be rejoicing in these times. It means we are that much closer to salvation.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 06:28 PM

In some very early writings in Greek they had it as 616. Now some say it was a mistake of getting the tens wrong and thus changed it to 666. Who was right? I don't know. We certainly wouldn't want to deflate old "Slewfoot" now would we.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 09:30 PM

My religious beliefs and my medical opinions are not interconnected. No minister has guided me on medical decisions. It is not his job. I have a trusted medical team.

This virus is not God's work. Knowledge of how to defeat it is what God has given us. God loves us. Do not fear His love. Do not assume He is sending us diseases.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 09:44 PM

My religious beliefs and my medical opinions are not interconnected. No minister has guided me on medical decisions. It is not his job. I have a trusted medical team.

This virus is not God's work. Knowledge of how to defeat it is what God has given us. God loves us. Do not fear His love. Do not assume He is sending us diseases.

Then why are you so afraid of death?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:06 PM

I am fond of healthy living, at its best. Aren't you?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:07 PM

If you believe in an omnipotent god then that god at the very least allows horrible diseases to exist. It is logical though to say that they were also created by that creator.
Posted By: James

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:42 PM

You either believe the prophecies of Bronze-age sheep-herders through blind faith, or you don't.

Jim
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 10:54 PM

God did not send it. It was man made in a lab.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by James
You either believe the prophecies of Bronze-age sheep-herders through blind faith, or you don't. Jim

you either believe the pronouncements of political hacks through blind faith, or you don't.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I think it's America.

I tend to agree with you Angela. After all, this great nation has become the exporter of most things vile, corrupt, and despicable. Just look at the vile coming out of Hollywood, mainstream media, social media etc. It's unfortunate that modern day TV programming that is in our very living rooms has become what it is. We went from television programming that taught morality, hard work, and keeping your word such as Where the Red Fern Grows, Bonanza, and Little House on the Prairie to Modern Family.

I also see Pike River's take on it and it may be both or none. I'm not sure who the great (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is, but it certainly would not surprise me if it is America. The little Church down the road from where I live that have a lot of God Fearing men and women had the following message recently on their outside bulletin that everyone drives by...."If you want God to bless America, then STOP legalizing sin."

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/30/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
We should be rejoicing in these times. It means we are that much closer to salvation.

Agree 100% The "Writing is Certainly on the Wall" as was the case in the Book of Daniel.

That is why we pray 'Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be Done'

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio

Agree 100% The "Writing is Certainly on the Wall" as was the case in the Book of Daniel.

Think about that one a moment. Is there any possible situation where God's will would not be done? God is omnipotent. His will is always done, and your prayer cannot affect that will no matter how hard you pray.

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:37 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:41 AM

Think about that one a moment. Is there any possible situation where God's will would not be done? God is omnipotent. His will is always done, and your prayer cannot affect that will no matter how hard you pray.

Jim

I thought you said you've read the Bible James? If you had you would know there are dozens if not hundreds of examples of God's will NOT being done on earth. The reason for that is because He gave humans free will. Sure, he COULD make them do whatever it is that he wants, but that's not how he wants it. He wants people to worship Him of their own free will. At times when they didn't, He would become angry and smite them as He did when He flooded the world. Another example is when He rained brimstone down on Sodom and Gomorrah.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:21 AM

James,

Think about that one a moment. Is there any possible situation where God's will would not be done? God is omnipotent. His will is always done, <<<< you were humming right along pretty well

and your prayer cannot affect that will no matter how hard you pray. <<<<<<< and then you play god

Jesus taught his disciples how to pray and since God's only Son taught it to his disciples - in a prescriptive (do it) way - and the Son says that those who have seen Me have seen My Father,
which is a revealed blessing for our sake.
I'm sure glad the Apostle Matthew, and more, were Inspired by the Spirit to record it.

I prayed bedside blessings today for two different saints who went Home.
Come and mention to those folks loved ones that agape (unconditional) love is a myth and that prayer is also.
They would not agree.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:22 AM

You either believe the prophecies of Bronze-age sheep-herders through blind faith, or you don't.

Jim

Lol, typical fundie atheist. Without looking it up, I doubt very much you have a clue who wrote a book in the OT.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:26 AM

There are hardly any atheists in the world. Very rare in fact.
The mind is an idol making machine on full throttle.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:45 AM

Think about that one a moment. Is there any possible situation where God's will would not be done? God is omnipotent. His will is always done, and your prayer cannot affect that will no matter how hard you pray. Jim

thanks for proving that you're not NEARLY as bright as you THINK you are.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:59 AM

there is nothing about christianity that makes any sense at all to me. i was raised to believe it and did till i was about 12

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:11 AM

there is nothing about christianity that makes any sense at all to me. i was raised to believe it and did till i was about 12

I have a question Danny: Do you mean that you do not believe in Christianity as a "whole religious concept", or that you don't believe in a Superior(s) Being and that humans are THE "superior" beings?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:22 AM

Danny, with the utmost respect, what is it in Jesus' teachings and the Old Testament that make no sense at all to you? I would really like to know.

I've been in your shoes in regards as faith in Christianity goes, but now Jesus is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:33 AM

Mark:

Yeah, I forgot those words are in the Lord's Prayer, didn't I? What I was taught to call, as a Catholic, the Our Father. I can still say the Our Father, along with the Hail Mary. Say ten of each as penance, and get 322 days off in Purgatory.

That was the old doctrine anyway. I don't know what they're teaching these days.

Having thought about it more, I've arrived at the conclusion that the words are more an affirmation of acceptance of God's will, than a literal request that His will be done. Am I close?

Jim
Posted By: mink99

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 03:49 AM

The more I observe the religious threads I realize that the catholic religion has screwed up more people than it has helped.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by mink99
The more I observe the religious threads I realize that the catholic religion has screwed up more people than it has helped.

^^^^This^^^^

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 04:00 AM

Only the proddydogs think that.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 10:28 AM

Having thought about it more, I've arrived at the conclusion that the words are more an affirmation of acceptance of God's will, than a literal request that His will be done. Am I close? Jim

what an arrogant bass poop! you think you can give something in the Bible a few more seconds of your superior "intellect" and have it all figured out?

why wouldn't He have just said something like Look, it's gonna be God's way, anyway; so you might as well get with the program. ?

that's not what I believe.

I believe that He was teaching us how to pray, for us to request (from Him) that we realign our desires to match up with His desire for us

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 10:59 AM

PLM = Protesters Lives Matter

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 11:25 AM

James,
I believe you are asking a sincere question. If that's the case you may be intrigued and even enjoy reading the 95 reasons Martin Luther cast his famous aspersions against the Western Church in 1517 that set in motion the schism between protesters and that Western Church.

The Protestant and Roman Catholics are united in the core doctrines of Christianity with the Roman Catholics (as they are now called) adding to those doctrines. Adding is called heterodoxy and deemed Christian as long as it doesn't spin too far off axis. Mariology is an add on. Penance is an add on. In fact, five of the seven Roman Catholic sacraments are add ons to Jesus' ordained two sacraments Baptism and Lord's Supper. (Think how God spoke Ten Commandments to Moses which became 613 laws of men by the time of Jesus' coming.... us humans sure like to craft!)

Some so called Christian religions, according to their faith doctrines, have subtracted from the core doctrines.... that's called heresy. Heresy has been around since the first century Gnostics and early century Arians, and many more.

Most of the differences revolve around the Apostolic teachings and recordings of Jesus Christ. The Protestant and Roman Catholic faiths are orthodox (correct thinking) in regards to what was handed down from those Apostles who had physically seen or touched the Risen Christ.

Most heretics want to insert humanism into the core theology too much.
Us humans do have a rational mind, by His design, but the non-puppet crafting was meant to ultimately honor God's glory, not our own.

Simply James, Jesus came to teach us to love the God we hate.
Our depraved nature tends to hate anything that.... stands in our way...that we can't figure out...is not our way or the highway... and 1,000 other sayings humans now say.

I hope this helps.
You won't come to faith by figuring it out but it's healthy to humbly reflect on why we came to faith by God choosing and effectually calling.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:16 PM

Chancey, I appreciate your willingness to explain things.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:41 PM

Only the proddydogs think that.

How familiar are you with the Bible? Scale of 1 to 10.
Posted By: Staner

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 12:48 PM

Can prayer change things?

The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I believe that...seems like I read it somewhere. smile

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Staner

Well if prayer don't change things then I guess a lot of lip service is still underneath the altar.

I had an incident where I went to a big church and on my 3rd time there. I had a little lady come to me and told me she prayed for her husband to die and in 2 days he dropped dead from a heart attack. Her question to me was did I think he went to that bad place. I had to dig in further as to what the problem was. She said he was abusive to her (had one arm in a sling from the last bout) and she prayed to God to make him stop. She never actually prayed for Him to kill him, but that was the result. So we need be willing to accept Gods' decision and will when we pray.

None of us are ever too wise not to learn something. Sometimes we may even get sent to the tanners house to get the lesson.

Had another similar deal and all my advisers said God won't hear prayers from the lost except the sinners prayer. Which for the most part I agree with, however a few weeks later at still a different church there had been a bad wreck and a guy was critical and for most part was at deaths door. Before the service even started 4 little kids ages 3 to 10 were on the altar praying for their daddy. He miraculously recovered. No one could ever make me believe it wasn't those kids prayers that God heard and answered. I'm pretty sure they had never heard of the sinners prayer. Maybe when we come as little children God pays attention.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:00 PM

Not according to a Calvinist.
(BTW that's one of the many reasons I'm not a Calvinist).

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:05 PM

Amen Waggler. "what ever will be will be ", lol

Been down the fatalism road and well, its just seems fatal.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by waggler

Not according to a Calvinist.
(BTW that's one of the many reasons I'm not a Calvinist).

I'm a staunch Calvinist and pray all the time for various and sundry things...people included.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 03:28 PM

In honestness there's a lot of stuff in this world I don't understand therefore it doesn't make sense to me, but it doesn't change that it's real. I can't grasp the idea how I can set here in my living room typing on a smart phone and in less than 5 minutes someone on the other side of the world can be reading my thoughts, and this is happening millions of times a second in this world maybe billions. I think there's two reasons most turn their back to God the first is they just don't want rules restricting what they want to do, and second they have suffered a pain in their lives that causes them to be angry with God and therefore chose to end the relationship. The more I study God's words the more amazed at how logical it is and how much truth is in it. Especially about the heart and mind of human beings. And to think it was all written by what we believe were "primitive" people only points me more towards God. We have to study things to understand them.

One last thought miracles are called miracles because they defy natural law. And a God that could create this whole world would have no struggle doing what we call miracles.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 05:51 PM

The Bible was revealed for us to know God. Divinely Inspired and inerrant in its original writings.
The section from the Apostle Paul's letter to believers in Corinth is illuminating for believers and not so for others;

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,
“I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.”
Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom.

Not too much has really changed in humans in 2000 years. Folks still wanting miracles and folks still seek wisdom to figure faith out.
We're told it doesn't operate that way.

Side note: Scribes in this recorded era were.........
Attorneys wink laugh smile

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 06:41 PM

I have recieved my sacraments-recieved my spiritual seal in Knowledge and righeousness.Affirmed and Confirmed.

You being a proddy likely have not.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 06:44 PM

I have recieved my sacraments-recieved my spiritual seal in Knowledge and righeousness.Affirmed and Confirmed.

You being a proddy likely have not.

So a priest told you were good-to-go but what sort of Bible knowledge do you have? Do you read it?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 06:48 PM

Stop being sacreligious-Read my bible Inside and out.Since it was presented to me at my holy Confirmation.So I take it you have not been baptized?Since you seem to flippantly denigrate the sacraments?Or did you proddys only decide to keep some of the seven sacraments that suited you?
And I bet my bible is bigger than yours.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 06:57 PM

Stop being sacreligious-Read my bible Inside and out.Since it was presented to me at my holy Confirmation.So I take it you have not been baptized?Since you seem to flippantly denigrate the sacraments?Or did you proddys only decide to keep some of the seven sacraments that suited you?

In all honesty I would never have guessed this at all. The only thing I have ever read you post had me believing you were anti God. Not trying to be smart or offend you but am being truthful. LLL

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 06:59 PM

compensating?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 07:00 PM

Not at all anti god.Family Is irish Catholic.Deeply rooted if you know anything at all about the Irish culture.
Just dont feel the need to preach.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 07:16 PM

I'm not an adherent to the RC belief, there too many extra-biblical things going on with it that can't be defended from scripture.
Posted By: jht

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 07:38 PM

A quick read of some of the letters of the apostles will show you that the early church faced the same problem that we’re exhibiting here. Paul certainly took issue with division within the body of Christ. Read Ephesians. Catholic or Protestant, we’re on the same team. We don’t need to waste our time fighting about who has the best version of Christianity. We can disagree on some things, but there’s no need for personal attacks. I was enjoying the conversation on the Mark, but I think that ship sank.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 07:44 PM

Talk about extra Biblical. How about the last two lines the Protestants added to the Our Father?

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 08:11 PM

Talk about extra Biblical. How about the last two lines the Protestants added to the Our Father. Jim

you mean "the Lord's Prayer"?

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 08:17 PM

And big old fat king henry creating his own church of england so he could divorce and get married 6 times,lol.
There is still people that follow that bastardized version.
They should all sleep with the dust of Huss.

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

God did not send it. It was man made in a lab.

BUT he did give whomever made it the power and knowledge to do it !!! One and the same

Re: Mark of the beast - 07/31/21 08:52 PM

Dang after reading this I'm glad I started it. PLUS no where near the back lash and telling me I'm crazy or smoking dope. !!!

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 01:47 AM

Not at all anti god.Family Is irish Catholic.Deeply rooted if you know anything at all about the Irish culture.
Just dont feel the need to preach.

Well glad you are not anti God. Don't know a whole lot about Irish culture but my bible teaches to preach the Gospel at every chance. Some do not have the gift of preaching or teaching so again no offense meant. Now that I know you are not opposed to Christ I like you a bit more. LLL

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by jht
We can disagree on some things, but there’s no need for personal attacks. I was enjoying the conversation on the Mark, but I think that ship sank.

How does one contend for the faith without stepping on someone's toes? We're commanded to contend for the faith. Making someone uncomfortable by telling them they're wrong or applying the truth isn't a personal attack.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 02:22 AM

Prayer is our on demand 24 hour hotline call that goes directly to the Creator of the Universe. Not only does He hear it; He FEELS it. Not a doubt in my mind, that he not only hears our prayers, but feels them.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by jht
We can disagree on some things, but there’s no need for personal attacks. I was enjoying the conversation on the Mark, but I think that ship sank.

How does one contend for the faith without stepping on someone's toes? We're commanded to contend for the faith. Making someone uncomfortable by telling them they're wrong or applying the truth isn't a personal attack.

Attacking someone's argument or belief is far different from attacking them personally.

Personal attacks only discredit yourself, and perhaps more importantly to you, your faith.

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:32 AM

People who resort to namecalling when they cant win an argument says a lot about them.
Myself I call them names right off the bat.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:38 AM

Attacking someone's argument or belief is far different from attacking them personally.

Personal attacks only discredit yourself, and perhaps more importantly to you, your faith.

Jim

Me referring to you as disingenuous?

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:40 AM

No one here is quicker on the draw in that regard than you. It's all good, I have a thick hide and your arguments are usually pretty easy to defeat.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:44 AM

Goodnight, Robert. Church in the morning.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:48 AM

Dont forget to say your prayers Posco,lol.
I dont hold it against you too much being a proddy and all.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 04:00 AM

Jim

Me referring to you as disingenuous?

Give us an example.

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 12:16 PM

Disingenuous= not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
"he was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"
synonyms:
dishonest · deceitful · underhand · underhanded · duplicitous · double-dealing · two-faced · dissembling · insincere · false · lying · untruthful · mendacious · not candid · not frank · not entirely truthful · artful · cunning · crafty · wily · sly · sneaky · tricky · scheming

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Disingenuous= not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
synonyms:
dishonest · deceitful · underhand · underhanded · duplicitous · double-dealing · two-faced · dissembling · insincere · false · lying · untruthful · mendacious · not candid · not frank · not entirely truthful · artful · cunning · crafty · wily · sly · sneaky · tricky · scheming

I think you are this way every time you hope on a religion type post actually.

Example would be you saying Paul was not a disciple when in fact all Christians are disciples.

Not trying to get into a mud flinging contest with you but you ask for an example. LLL

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 12:37 PM

synonyms:

That is often my perception of James. A smart guy wedded to indefensible positions for reasons maybe even he doesn't understand.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 12:47 PM

I think James is a man who takes great pride in his earthly education/knowledge, and tries to show it off every chance he gets.

that bothers me personally. because as sure as I'm sitting here, I'm absolutely CONVINCED that one of the things I've been tasked to learn here is humility. the moment I get even a LITTLE prideful, I'm not only knocked down a peg or two, I'm pushed down a flight of stairs.

and it torques me off when others can do so without a consequence.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 02:29 PM

Prayer is our on demand 24 hour hotline call that goes directly to the Creator of the Universe. Not only does He hear it; He FEELS it. Not a doubt in my mind, that he not only hears our prayers, but feels them.

You have heard the line , ONE of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. I mught write a country song and make millions with it. OH shucks someone already did !!.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 03:25 PM

Boco, I look forward to meeting you; probably on the other side though. I'll be waiting for you when you get out of purgatory (pretty sure you will), I'm going to by-pass that place.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 04:37 PM

synonyms:

I think you are this way every time you hope on a religion type post actually.

Example would be you saying Paul was not a disciple when in fact all Christians are disciples.

Not trying to get into a mud flinging contest with you but you ask for an example. LLL

I was talking about whether Paul was one of the original twelve disciples. I said that all Christians are disciples in the broad sense.

Anyway, being wrong is not the same as being disingenuous. You know that. So who's being disingenuous now?

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 04:53 PM

You are. Your motives on any religious post are truly less than honorable when all you do is seek to discredit or divide. Seen it for years on almost every post about Christianity. LLL

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 04:56 PM

You lie. A violation of one of the Ten Commandments.

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 04:58 PM

Not only lying, but bearing false witness.

Don't wear your religion so lightly. You must have a lot of doubts inside,

Jim

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 06:28 PM

Just my observation and probably not just mine. I can live with my discernment. LLL

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 08:39 PM

You lie. Jim

you were a Professional Liar, weren't you?

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 08:43 PM

People who resort to namecalling when they cant win an argument says a lot about them.

Now that's pretty funny, I don't care who ya are. Bahaha.

Re: Mark of the beast - 08/01/21 08:56 PM

Yeah, I can see how you would see that as funny, Sprung.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums