Home

Truck, under seat gun holder

Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 05:37 PM

Saw an ad for something like a panel type system that you can strap guns underneath the back bench seat. I can't find it so any help.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 06:22 PM

I keep my .22 between the seats and a 92S in a seat cover pouch on the back of the seat along with 3 mags all reachable from the door opening. I was stopped by a Trooper for snow covering my back plate last spring it was a hoot.

He came around to the passenger side so I put the window down., he sticks his head in and looks around 12ga on the passenger side, 45shield on the seat. .22 S/W between the seats, 92 S behind the seat the the Mini in the loops behind the seat. I never gave it a second thought until then. The trooper was like no problem he understood it was not a problem.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 06:30 PM

i have never had a cop give me grief for being armed. probably because there is also dead stuff and traps in my pick up usually when i have a long gun handy.

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 06:32 PM

What about those magnets they look like they hold a gun no problem not sure how tough they are on the finish. They screw into place or glue it looks like.

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 09:13 PM

Need something that is more for prying eyes. No legal issues to worry about. Just need something to keep the guns from bouncing around on the floorboard below the seat
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
What about those magnets they look like they hold a gun no problem not sure how tough they are on the finish. They screw into place or glue it looks like.

Go Magnets, made in Texas. They are strong but it took 2 to hold my 6 inch barrered .357 Mag. No damage to the finish after 3 years so I'd say easier on a gun than a holster.

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 09:41 PM

Don't think magnets would work well on a syntock long gun with wrapping it

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

Long gun?
Posted By: charles

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 10:13 PM

How about stainless steel?

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Long gun?

Need something to hold a .22 rifle or ar

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 11:13 PM

I look into a low slung sleeve hanging from the headrests that you could access without advertising you have it there. Easy grab or your just wasting your time.

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 07/31/21 11:29 PM

I don't need fast access for these guns or I'd just lay them on the seats or the passenger seat.

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 08/01/21 12:51 AM

I don't need fast access for these guns or I'd just lay them on the seats or the passenger seat.

You will figure it out! LOL
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 08/01/21 01:05 AM

Why not just an old soft gun case? Mine just bounces around on the back seat.
Posted By: KP3100

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 08/01/21 01:29 AM

I use this in both my trucks. They will hold at least 2 guns, the one in my 2018 can hold 4 in soft cases.

https://www.du-ha.com/
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Truck, under seat gun holder - 08/01/21 03:24 AM

How about the old mexican blanket style seat covers with the pocket across the front? Used to be popular back in the 70's and 80's. Slide your rifle from the end and you can't remove it without opening your door.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums