Home

Evictions.

Posted By: Boco

Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:19 PM

I see on the news there are soon to be mass evictions happening.
How is this going to work out-like musical chairs?Landlord evicts tennants,then puts his place up for rent and another tennant evicted from somewhere else moves in?
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:33 PM

the evictions will take months before they can get the bad renters out. Yes - musical chairs. They are betting on most landlords converting to section 8 housing (GOV'T PAID ) so they can put all the homeless somewhere.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:33 PM

That sounds about right.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:38 PM

My dad converted one of his to section 8 because he couldn't get any money from the renters and couldn't get them out. Same renters but at least he gets paid now. except for the 6 months or so that he didn't --- contract also states that the renters cannot be held responsible for the back rent. The renters are at least not tearing up the place.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:42 PM

Mass eviction lol. Court system isn't large enough for mass evictions, it will only create a backlog of cases. Yes, eviction numbers will likely go up in the short term. Besides the government has been handing out money hand over fist to cover back and future rents to individuals, and/or their landlords, that are behind all that needs to be done is apply.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:45 PM

Took me over 8 months to get one out. Cat urine = house is now bulldozed. Was a small piece of bigger real estate transaction. Still a shame that someone would let their pets destroy a house. Let alone live that way.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Evictions. - 07/31/21 10:46 PM

Media hype the renters have more rights then the property owners do. I’m sure old Joe can cut a check to cover that problem.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:14 AM

It was that way here years ago with farmers, come the first of March everyone said it was like musical chairs just with houses.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:25 AM

With the real estate market so hot, most of the landlords here are selling off all their properties. I measure real estate properties for all types of flooring and most owners are done with it. No future in rental properties with the way renters treat them. A full remodel after tenants leave after living there a year or two is not a profitable situation.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:27 AM

Landlords are capitalists, capitalists are bad. End of story. Oops, free housing. End of story.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:32 AM

Good one Posco! LOL
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:34 AM

Merica!
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:35 AM

Many landlords are suffering because they still have mortgages to pay. The banks dont want to be left holding the bag again.
Dont be surprised if we see bailouts tied to incentives to wave fees for income properties if the property owners down evict.

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:38 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nd-eviction-ban/ar-AAMNnbJ?ocid=msedgntp
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:46 AM

A complete mess that only government involvement could create .

Just like health care . Government involvement has ruined our health care system.

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:50 AM

The coddled in America are dragging us down

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

The coddlers enablers are intentionally dragging us down. That would be leftists.

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

The coddlers enablers are intentionally dragging us down. That would be leftists.

True

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Posco

True

And what you said is equally true.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by trappingthomas
Took me over 8 months to get one out. Cat urine = house is now bulldozed. Was a small piece of bigger real estate transaction. Still a shame that someone would let their pets destroy a house. Let alone live that way.

There are people like this everywhere. They allow animals to do anything they want.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 03:10 PM

That is why we have a labor shortage in this country. The Gov. is subsidizing housing, food, utilities to keep people from working so they can import more "migrant workers" because we need more laborers. If it sounds insane just look harder and you will see a hidden agenda of the left. No crisis is ever overlooked to advance their agenda. LLL
Posted By: keets

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 03:28 PM

very true
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Evictions. - 08/01/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Originally Posted by trappingthomas

There are people like this everywhere. They allow animals to do anything they want.

I have seen bad but this was awful. Everything saturated in cat urine and so much feces you could not have walked through a room and not hit some. To sum up what I think of these people I will share this. The only improvement they made to the property was planting a blue spruce tree out front. They cut the top off and dug around it and cut the root before leaving.

It is a very small town so I allowed every nosey neighbor to have a self tour of the house. Old guy across the street took two steps in and said "far enough for me".
© 2024 Trapperman Forums