Home

Politics everywhere

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:21 AM

Why is it in the last six years or so politics have seeped into every dag blasted thing out there?! I swear you can't do or say anything anymore with out either some he she complaining about the republicans every breath or some redhat blaming every thing from it being to hot to the price of race in china on the democrats. Like seriously can't get away from it. I swear it wasn't this bad a while back . Hobbies for the most part where kinda a break from all this but not anymore it seems. Just a bunchReally don't understand why people don't go to actual political forms and what not smirk

Ok rant over
Posted By: Posco

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:25 AM

Trapping is a political issue. So long as there are people out there who want to bend your will to theirs, there will be politics.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:26 AM

You start worrying about people’s choices you will grow old fast son.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:27 AM

Every thing we do is affected by politics now days

It's all coming to a head
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:35 AM

Going back quite a few years, neither the dems or repubs were in love with Bush Jr. And during that time people just seemed more normal. If someone went to get a cake baked for a gay wedding and the owner said sorry, but that goes against my Religion, the couple would say ok and move on to the next baker, not sue them for everything they have and make sure it gets on the front page of every newspaper.

Probably not what you want to hear, but things took a turn for the worse during Obama's Presidency. He stood up for the freaks, for the thugs, for the criminals, for the illegal aliens, for the terrorists, and basically for everyone BUT the common American. The result of that was that the LGQBT freaks, the criminals, the illegals, the terrorists and etc., were emboldened. They began to demand not equal rights, but special treatment. Soon you would lose your business if you didn't bake a cake that went against your religion. It became illegal to search someone that appeared to possibly be a terrorist at the airport. If ICE saw a car load of illegal immigrants, they couldn't stop them. If someone attacked a police officer and was shot for it, they became a hero and martyr and not the common thug they really were. Then the media got on board and also started defending these dregs of American society. And by the end of Obama's presidency, the nation was divided clearly down the middle, to a point it is has not been since the Civil War.

As much as I liked Trump, he certainly didn't help the divide, although there was no way he could have. It was too deep by then. The same for Biden. Even if it was his honest, heart felt desire to rejoin the country, he couldn't do it. If he took the middle ground, he would be crucified by his supporters and it still wouldn't be enough for his detractors.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen, but barring some truly catastrophic event that could possibly band everyone together as Americans again, I just don't see any way for this country to ever heal.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:38 AM

Maybe an out of control, over sized , power hungry government is a little to blame for it. Plus a lot of people are dependent 9n the government for housing, food, medical and employment.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:54 AM

A lot of the problem is what we are doing right at this moment ,on a computer or cell phone. We can instantly vent or praise but the one thing we don't do that we use to do before all this is think about what we say before we say it. We would take a few days think things over and realize maybe what we had to say wasn't so important after all. Just a thought.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:57 AM

Its like sports some root for either side.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:57 AM

I am going along with rex123. The expansion in use and speed at which some folks can hear of things going on, and their ability to remain anonymous while spouting incendiary statements and accusations to literally millions in seconds, is ruining our society and in turn, the world.

Moosetrot
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Maybe an out of control, over sized , power hungry government is a little to blame for it. Plus a lot of people are dependent 9n the government for housing, food, medical and employment.

Yup. And both parties are to blame.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:28 AM

Your life could change tomorrow and not for the better most likely it’s a struggle for power today the people are just drones in a hive.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:28 AM

You should have more than two parties.
Posted By: James

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Going back quite a few years, neither the dems or repubs were in love with Bush Jr. And during that time people just seemed more normal. If someone went to get a cake baked for a gay wedding and the owner said sorry, but that goes against my Religion, the couple would say ok and move on to the next baker, not sue them for everything they have and make sure it gets on the front page of every newspaper.

Probably not what you want to hear, but things took a turn for the worse during Obama's Presidency. He stood up for the freaks, for the thugs, for the criminals, for the illegal aliens, for the terrorists, and basically for everyone BUT the common American. The result of that was that the LGQBT freaks, the criminals, the illegals, the terrorists and etc., were emboldened. They began to demand not equal rights, but special treatment. Soon you would lose your business if you didn't bake a cake that went against your religion. It became illegal to search someone that appeared to possibly be a terrorist at the airport. If ICE saw a car load of illegal immigrants, they couldn't stop them. If someone attacked a police officer and was shot for it, they became a hero and martyr and not the common thug they really were. Then the media got on board and also started defending these dregs of American society. And by the end of Obama's presidency, the nation was divided clearly down the middle, to a point it is has not been since the Civil War.

As much as I liked Trump, he certainly didn't help the divide, although there was no way he could have. It was too deep by then. The same for Biden. Even if it was his honest, heart felt desire to rejoin the country, he couldn't do it. If he took the middle ground, he would be crucified by his supporters and it still wouldn't be enough for his detractors.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen, but barring some truly catastrophic event that could possibly band everyone together as Americans again, I just don't see any way for this country to ever heal.

I don't agree with all of that, but a few of the statements are exceptions.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:44 AM

Wolfdog, you ask some mighty good questions.

The division became worse under Obama. Partly that was due to the fact that many could not accept his liberal policies, and others were upset that he wasn't white--even though they'll never admit it. Obama missed the boat a few times when he might have made things better. Obama was an urbanite, through and through; he had no ability to empathize with rural folks.

Then Trump became president. By playing only to his followers instead of the nation, he made things worse.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess, but I fear things may get worse before they get better.

Jim
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:44 AM

When everything in your life you enjoy or hold dear is under constant threat and attack that's the result.

Hunting, trapping,guns, religion, the vehicle you drive, ability to have and express your opinion, ECT...

You know just being a white male some how I'm s racist responsible for slavery 200 years before I was Born.
But that's the point. Distraction and division.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by James

The division became worse under Obama. Partly that was due to the fact that many could not accept his liberal policies, and others were upset that he wasn't white--even though they'll never admit it. Obama missed the boat a few times when he might have made things better. Obama was an urbanite, through and through; he had no ability to empathize with rural folks.

Then Trump became president. By playing only to his followers instead of the nation, he made things worse.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess, but I fear things may get worse before they get better.

Jim

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:14 AM

Because they have made everything political
Posted By: DWC

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:19 AM

Jim

While i agree there probably are people who didnt like having a black president, because blatant racism is definitely a thing, the vast majority of those people youre referring to wouldve been perfectly fine with a guy like Ben Carson. You know, a non-racist level headed black guy like Obama clearly wasnt. For the record-he was a black guy. He was just racist. You dissed trump for pandering to republicans-now how about a shot at Biden for his take on things, (when he remembers to have one). Now put on that mask and take that shot. Cmon man.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:20 AM

I don't agree with all of that, but a few of the statements are exceptions.

Jim

This goes for the post you made after too james.

I can see some truth in both posts.

This started in the 70s and 80s when the country lost manufacturing jobs and started to be a split between service jobs and professional jobs. We have lost our ability to have empathy for each other. I owe no one anything but will dang sure be willing to see anybody succeed if they put in the effort.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:54 AM

Jim

Based on his campaign promises when he was running, I knew Obama wasn't going to be my favorite President. That said, I was interested in watching to see how things went, because Barack Obama had an opportunity that no black person in this country had ever had. As the President of the United States, at the point in time when he was elected, he had the opportunity to bridge what racial divide there was in this country. I hoped to see him promote the black race in a positive manner, focusing on the opportunities available for them and the success stories of those who had embraced those opportunities. After all, if a black can could become President, what couldn't they do?

But he went the complete opposite direction of that, choosing instead to embrace criminals like Michael Brown and Trayvon "he could be my son" Martin. It was those choices he made that was like taking a pair of scissors to a tiny tear in the fabric of this country and rending it wide open.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:08 AM

Jim

Racist much?
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 10:12 AM

I deleted a long post. But will say this , politics is using racism, and racism is using politics. My race is banned from having any race specific groups, clubs, churches, schools political representation. Other races are not, and in fact encouraged to do so, along with having race specific social benefits. The cure to 21st. century racism is not more racism. Politicians are using every tool, be it race, alphabet group or cause to advance party. No concern for morals, right, wrong or for good of America. Americans getting along as a whole, is the last thing our government wants, in fact the government fears it !!

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:39 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:45 AM

Wolfdog91,
Easy answer on this one as we read these posts.
For the humanists (humans hold the keys to truth) among us to gain more respect and wrangle for what humanists always seek; power...
all other options, topics, categories, groups, things, must be diminished.
So humanist politics must invade all things to deliver the humanists brand of truth to all things.

Their plan is age old.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 12:04 PM

[Linked Image]

This image explains Obama well. A SCOTUS decision that was so divisive in the first place and what does Obama do as President? He openly flaunts it.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 12:42 PM

Everywhere? You mean everywhere as in everything fed to us.

There had to be at least 2,000 people coming and going at the festival I attended yesterday. People from all walks of life, rural and urban vacationers mingling. Smiles everywhere, conversations everywhere about cars, produce, kids, everything but politics. It was a great day.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 12:53 PM

Think back to race relations before Obama was elected. For the most part everything was pretty good. A ton of people voted for him just to show that they weren’t racist. His administration used race to push their agenda along with the media. Step back and think what we are being told. Daily we a slammed with how racist American is but if that’s true. How in the world did we have a black president? If American is so racist why are minorities coming by the thousands over or borders risking life and limb to get here? The answer is the leftist and the media are pushing race like they have for the last 150 years to further there agenda. Most don’t know the facts so they fall for it. Here’s a good example of a fact they don’t broadcast.

17 unarmed black people have been shot by cops this year. 33 unarmed white people have been shot by cops this year. You don’t here that on the news!

Another is Asian hate crimes. Where in the world did that come from. I had no idea I didn’t like Asian folk until a couple months ago crazy research the attacks that have happened and I bet you will be surprised by what race is responsible for most of the attacks.

The truth is I and many rednecks like me don’t have a racist bone in our body. I don’t care what color you are or where you’re from. Work hard be a good citizen is all I ask.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 12:59 PM

Obama was merely the latest itteration of a progressive slide that has been happening since at least Wilson.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
[Linked Image]

This image explains Obama well. A SCOTUS decision that was so divisive in the first place and what does Obama do as President? He openly flaunts it.

Barry did the rainbow thing no problem but would not do the blue thing when 5 Officers were murdered in Dallas but he was anti-American as they come!
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:28 PM

If you want to see a true racist just look into Bidens past. shocked

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:34 PM

“The counterrevolution to the American Revolution is in full force. And it can no longer be dismissed or ignored, for it is devouring our society and culture, swirling around out everyday lives, and ubiquitous in or politics, schools, media, and entertainment. Once a mostly unrelatable, fringe, and subterranean movement, it is here—it is everywhere. You, your children, and your grandchildren are now immersed in it, and it threatens to destroy the greatest nation ever established, along with your freedom, family, and security. Of course, the primary difference between the counterrevolution and the American Revolution is that the former seeks to destroy American society and impose autocratic rule, and the later sought to protect American society and institute representative government “ Mark R. Levin

If you don’t have his new book American Marxism get it

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:46 PM

Darwinism and Marxism have rotted countless minds, hearts, and souls.
These religions are false yet embraced and even adored by many in the 21st century.

Teaching has focused on both of these ideologies for nearly two centuries and it has worked for the one and those who wanted these seeds sown.

Blessings,
Mark

Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:49 PM

Agree Pawnee

If a person wants to stay up with the times and understand what is going on around us you had better study and learn about Marxism. Even if they don't want to label it as Marxism it is what's happening. It's been tried before so it's results are known. Educate yourself.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Agree Pawnee

If a person wants to stay up with the times and understand what is going on around us you had better study and learn about Marxism. Even if they don't want to label it as Marxism it is what's happening. It's been tried before so it's results are known. Educate yourself.

Yes sir, it’s a uphill battle. Folks are bombarded from all sides on so many issues. Race, man made climate change, on and on. Hard for the common working man to keep up with and the Marxist know it.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:05 PM

Obama was a disaster in lots of ways. Trump was disaster in lots of way and an overcorrection for Obama. Biden is a disaster in lots of ways and another overcorrection.

What this country needs is a time out from the chaos. We need 4-8 years of a moderate--someone who is not interested in retooling this country in favor of one group or another. We are likely past that point though.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:08 PM

No politician is going to save us.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
No politician is going to save us.

Preach.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:21 PM

America is a country of extremist..The founding fathers were extreme in their view of the idea of freedom from their former type of rulers. People that came legally or illegally. Take or took the extreme personal risk that they were doing so for a better life.
When I was a kid and doctors started beating up on the American life style. Lot the doctors would say all things where good in moderation. But Americans are risk takers can't take risk in moderation. Super Size Me..
I believe most people probably are more moderate than they know or would like to be more moderate.
Marketing and even politicians how ever have us thinking that everything is a competition. You have to be the best, buy the best, super size your burger and all things in your life. Run the fastest jump the highest, take the trip and run that zip line threw the jungle. My life style is the only life style..Anyone gets in your way run them over get yours before they take it all. All your business is now my business to mind too so do it my way.
What the past two administrations have managed to do along with the speed at which information travels. Is give voice to the extremist in their parties. So there is no room to be a moderate find middle ground.
I recall when Trump said "Your either with me or against me." Well I can agree with many things Trump and I could agree with lots of things Obama. But I'm not someone going to kiss their ring and be all or nothing slobbering at their feet. I reserve the right as a moderate to question any and all things. I always have. For that I get called names by people from both sides of the playing field.
We are at a point where extremist control the voice of both parties each calling the others haters. To much all or nothing thinking done by 1/3 of the wing nut people. While the the rest sit and listen to the crap they spew try to go with least objectionable option.
I can't say that I know how it's going to all play out. In the 1960s the hippies would have said people need to chill out. Guess that didn't happen then either or wouldn't be here like things are now.
So gotta just sit back let the name calling start see how all plays out.. I think most people just want to be left alone go about their business. But then that would be un-American wouldn't it.

Mac
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 02:41 PM

As we move further into a government run economy, where almost half the the economy is government spending, the more important it is to people what the government does. When you are dependant on someone, you are concerned about them. When I was young people didn't really seem to care what they did in D.C. because it really didn't affect them so much. Now the Feds control much more of the State and local issues and peoples personal lives'. After my second year of the Presidents banning my customers for no logical reason, going into the third, it is having an affect on me. Wesly Mouch could not have central planned any more ludicrously.

My hope is this mismanagment of the corona bologna will open many peoples eyes to the somple fact the the most dangerous nine words in the english language is......... ?

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:13 PM

"Government spending is the second largest component of GDP, but is well behind consumer spending. Government spending was 9.1% in 1929 and fairly stable until the U.S. entered WWII. During the period from 1929 through 1940, government spending averaged 14.2% of total U.S. GDP. When the U.S. entered the war, government spending rose sharply. In fact, from 1941 to 1945, government spending as a percentage of total GDP averaged a staggering 39.4%. Since the end of WWII, it has been stable, averaging 20.2% of total U.S. GDP.

Last year Government spending was a staggering 44% with no world war. The year before it was a staggering 36% with no world war. Apparently we arestaggering always now.

staggering stăg′ər-ĭng►
adj. Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
As we move further into a government run economy, where almost half the the economy is government spending, the more important it is to people what the government does. When you are dependant on someone, you are concerned about them. When I was young people didn't really seem to care what they did in D.C. because it really didn't affect them so much. Now the Feds control much more of the State and local issues and peoples personal lives'. After my second year of the Presidents banning my customers for no logical reason, going into the third, it is having an affect on me. Wesly Mouch could not have central planned any more ludicrously.

My hope is this mismanagment of the corona bologna will open many peoples eyes to the somple fact the the most dangerous nine words in the english language is......... ?

I'm from the gubmint and here to help you.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:21 PM

The stage is set for the antichrist to swoop in and be a great unifier and peace maker that every unguarded heart will love and admire. Then things will get real ugly.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:21 PM

American people are like the little kid in the grocery cart with Mom......if he screams loud enough long enough, he'll get what he wants.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 03:58 PM

Obama contributed greatly to the divide we have today. He was a great orator, much like Hitler, but he was never a patriot; even running around the world apologizing for the United States.He was a true racist and is directly responsible for much of the divide we have today.Remember his "line in the sand"? A paper tiger with a big mouth and no backbone.
Trump was a big mouth New Yorker that was from outside the political sphere.I hated his constant name calling, twitter comments, and praising himself. However, the man was a Patriot, something Obama and Biden are not. He restored much in America, strengthened our military, started building the wall at the border, and put the world on notice.
In my heart the advent of social media has played a huge role in the demise of the country.
Biden is a sorry excuse for a man.In all of those years in Washington what did he accomplish? Nothing but a two bit politican and always on the wrong side.Look at the disaster he and his cronies have created with all of these decrees. Name me one good accomplishment from him.Crime is worse than ever, millions are swarming across the southern border, he has weakened our stature around the world, and he can't even read a teleprompter without stumbling. The man is a disgrace to himself and the country. He merely is a puppet, dancing around, while others pull the strings.
My choices for President if I could do that would be patriots like Ben Carson, the lady governor of South Dakota, Nicki Haley, that lady Democrat from Hawaii that did run,or that man from South Carolina, believe his name is, Scott, the governor of Texas, or the governor of Florida.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
Obama contributed greatly to the divide we have today. He was a great orator, much like Hitler, but he was never a patriot; even running around the world apologizing for the United States.He was a true racist and is directly responsible for much of the divide we have today.Remember his "line in the sand"? A paper tiger with a big mouth and no backbone.
Trump was a big mouth New Yorker that was from outside the political sphere.I hated his constant name calling, twitter comments, and praising himself. However, the man was a Patriot, something Obama and Biden are not. He restored much in America, strengthened our military, started building the wall at the border, and put the world on notice.
In my heart the advent of social media has played a huge role in the demise of the country.
Biden is a sorry excuse for a man.In all of those years in Washington what did he accomplish? Nothing but a two bit politican and always on the wrong side.Look at the disaster he and his cronies have created with all of these decrees. Name me one good accomplishment from him.Crime is worse than ever, millions are swarming across the southern border, he has weakened our stature around the world, and he can't even read a teleprompter without stumbling. The man is a disgrace to himself and the country. He merely is a puppet, dancing around, while others pull the strings.
My choices for President if I could do that would be patriots like Ben Carson, the lady governor of South Dakota, Nicki Haley, that lady Democrat from Hawaii that did run,or that man from South Carolina, believe his name is, Scott, the governor of Texas, or the governor of Florida.

Best summation I've read from anyone that posted.

We are still seeing the results of Obama, the dems are still playing the cards he did by dividing us. Trump tried, had there not been so much constant negative press, he wouldn't have had to fight back so much but we are right back to the Obama era now.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:05 PM

A lot needs to happen, you have in your face corruption going on today they don’t even try to hide it they just say it’s not happening or flat out ignore it. Our freedom is on the line that’s why it’s talked about so much.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Obama was a disaster in lots of ways. Trump was disaster in lots of way and an overcorrection for Obama. Biden is a disaster in lots of ways and another overcorrection.

What this country needs is a time out from the chaos. We need 4-8 years of a moderate--someone who is not interested in retooling this country in favor of one group or another. We are likely past that point though.

Spoken like a true collaborating quisling.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:08 PM

People are to dumb to open their eyes.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
A lot needs to happen, you have in your face corruption going on today they don’t even try to hide it they just say it’s not happening or flat out ignore it. Our freedom is on the line that’s why it’s talked about so much.

Corruption at a level most wouldn't And didnt believe 5 years ago.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:10 PM

"Government spending is the second largest component of GDP, but is well behind consumer spending. Government spending was 9.1% in 1929 and fairly stable until the U.S. entered WWII. During the period from 1929 through 1940, government spending averaged 14.2% of total U.S. GDP. When the U.S. entered the war, government spending rose sharply. In fact, from 1941 to 1945, government spending as a percentage of total GDP averaged a staggering 39.4%. Since the end of WWII, it has been stable, averaging 20.2% of total U.S. GDP.

Last year Government spending was a staggering 44% with no world war. The year before it was a staggering 36% with no world war. Apparently we arestaggering always now.

staggering stăg′ər-ĭng►
adj. Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming.

Your natural resources are your collateral when the debt is called in.
The Chinamen are doing that in Africa and elsewhere.They build infrastructure for a piece of the pie.
There is a massive proven (drilled)Chromite deposit in Northern Ontario,as yet undeveloped.The Chinese offered to build railway infrastructure into the wilderness to access the resource to develop it.All they wanted was a supply of the chromite to pay for their investment.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:17 PM

Once government gets involved with anything it becomes politicized.

How many people here would have believed that we would be having political "discourse" over which restroom an individual should use... Yet here we are.

If you want politics out of everything quit allowing government to get involved in everything. For every problem they "solve" they'll create 6 more.

Mike

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:18 PM

China isn't far behind. 37%

Canada is over 50%

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man

Carson, good honest man not a fighter. Hard pass for top job definitely needed as advisor.

Noem, talks a good game easy on the eyes but questionable as she has made some unforced errors.

Haley, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! She's an opportunist that'll lie to your face then stab you in the back just as soon as it benefits her. Just ask Trump.

Gabbard, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! She's commie lite. We've seen this movie already in the peanut farmer from Georgia.

Scott, core values good but ultimately part of the machine. Possible if he could be persuaded to full individual liberty.

Abbott, good possibility. Seems to want what's best for his citizens. Willing to buck the federal but ultimately it's been nothing but window dressing and play acting. Let's see him use his Rangers to go round up his democrat escapees.

DeSantis, best of the lot yet. Has really turned his state into a bastion of freedom and persuaded many the future lies in voting freedom.

JMO, but I think we need four more years of a raging bull in a china shop unhindered by a dim controlled house or senate. Give Trump four years without threat of impeachment or worry of reelection and its Katie bar the door but only if he hires the right people.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:34 PM

The Transformation of the Militia Into the National Guard

Following the Spanish-American War, the militia underwent a federal overhaul that created the precursor of today’s National Guard. The Militia Act of 1903, also known as the Dick Act, formally repealed the Militia Acts of 1792 and created two distinct groups: The Unorganized Militia, which was a pool of all able-bodied men aged 17-45, and the Organized Militia, which was essentially the continuation of the old militias held by the states, or the National Guard.

It would be completely nonsensical to suppose that the Second Amendment protects us from the dangers of a standing army when the United States has arguably the most powerful standing army on Earth.
The Organized Militias were allotted federal funds for training and equipment, but in return, the federal government demanded more control over state militias. States were ordered to train and equip their militias according to the standards set by the regular army, and if they failed to meet these standards, they would lose their federal funding and recognition. The president was also authorized to call up the National Guard for up to nine months in order to suppress rebellion, repel invasion or enforce federal laws.

The National Guard was used, for instance, to end a 1914 coal miners’ strike in Colorado. The event, which would come to be known as the Ludlow Massacre, saw the Guard firing machine guns into a colony of striking miners and their families. About two dozen miners, women and children were killed.

Over the next several decades, the federal government assumed even greater control over the state militias. In 1916, in response to the events of World War I, the National Defense Act doubled the number of mandatory drill periods and tripled the length of summer training camps.

In 1933, an amendment to the National Defense Act created a reserve component of the US military called the National Guard. The National Guard was now an official part of the standing military, and all guardsmen became simultaneously members of both their state’s National Guard and the National Guard of the United States. This is the official status of the militia today and the direct descendent of the force of citizen-soldiers that the framers of the Constitution imagined would protect the nation from invasion and insurrection. The militia mentioned in the Constitution has, through a series of acts and amendments, become the National Guard.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:48 PM

I didn't care for Trump because he was a moderate. An abrasive, confrontational moderate, but still a big government moderate. Granted he did much better than I expected, but he was not truly conservative, constitutionalist or libertarian; however you want to say it. We don't need someone more "moderate" than Trump, we need someone who believes in the Constitution and minimal government intrusion.

I wouldn't say Trump was an overcorrection for Obama so much as a big middle finger to both parties and career politicians. And as that he was pretty effective. He showed them what the American people thought of their shenanigans and that they were tired of it. What the Democrats got out of that was that they need to double down and try harder, pander even more to the extremists. I'm not sure that the Republicans got anything out of it, some of them know there was a message passed, but I'm not sure that others ever got the memo.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2

I didn't care for Trump because he was a moderate. An abrasive, confrontational moderate, but still a big government moderate. Granted he did much better than I expected, but he was not truly conservative, constitutionalist or libertarian; however you want to say it. We don't need someone more "moderate" than Trump, we need someone who believes in the Constitution and minimal government intrusion.

I wouldn't say Trump was an overcorrection for Obama so much as a big middle finger to both parties and career politicians. And as that he was pretty effective. He showed them what the American people thought of their shenanigans and that they were tired of it. What the Democrats got out of that was that they need to double down and try harder, pander even more to the extremists. I'm not sure that the Republicans got anything out of it, some of them know there was a message passed, but I'm not sure that others ever got the memo.

Dead on.

The main reason I was originally opposed to Trump aside from his abrasive personality is his long track record of moderate positions. He came for the fiscal conservative side of the party where anything goes as long as you leave the money alone.
I think he surprised many as folks discovered that the money side of things take care of themselves if you promote freedom and liberty.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:29 PM

You mean a worthless fence rider ?

Maybe a Rino ........ Romney could be your guy ....lol

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:37 PM

Trump was refreshing .......saying and tweeting exactly what was on his mind .

No PC no BS like all those before him

This Florida guy doesn't hold back either ....... gotta love it !

One thing for sure is we don't have time to play Patty cakes with Biden/Harris anti America types going outta their way to destroy America

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

He is more carp like nothing flops like a fresh caught carp!

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:42 PM

Trump was refreshing .......saying and tweeting exactly what was on his mind .

No PC no BS like all those before him

This Florida guy doesn't hold back either ....... gotta love it !

One thing for sure is we don't have time to play Patty cakes with Biden/Harris anti America types going outta their way to destroy America

Yep.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:48 PM

If you don’t think we are not PC controlled still just say what you think in a room full of strangers and let the judging begin! I don’t hold back even the people that know me drop their jaws when the truth is spoken, just the plain truth is shocking to many folks.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:55 PM

With social media there will be no reprieve from the chaos . It polarizes people . If you feel OPPRESSED it will tell you how OPPRESSED you are . If you feel the elections were fraudulent it will tell you how fraudulent they were . If you feel the elections were fair it tell you how fair and secure they were . If you think all demacrats are immoral pedifiles and sexual predators it will support that assumption. Our phones are always listening and catering our social media feed to us creating an echo chamber around each and every one of us that bolsters our self identity .
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 05:59 PM

Nothing will ever change until we get a president who believes in sound money.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 06:09 PM

Wasn't Romney your guy in 2012? Or did you vote for Obama?

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 06:36 PM

Wasn't Romney your guy in 2012? Or did you vote for Obama?

And that's the problem. We've been given pure trash in return for our vote by the rino swamp. I have more respect for the openly evil left than I do for the traitors who claim to be my friends.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 06:41 PM

Because the left vs right is a facade to keep the people divided. Everyone always picks a side, weather it's sports or politics. We keep picking a side, we will keep losing.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:07 PM

I didn't vote for Romney, but I will if he runs again. I respect the backbone he's shown by standing up to Trump.

Which is a lot more than spineless Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, who have even more cause to hate Trump, have done. If either of them runs again, I'll vote another ticket.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:30 PM

Romney as President. That's funny.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:34 PM

I think both sides get together every night for drinks and laugh about the day's misdirection.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:35 PM

I didn't vote for Romney, but I will if he runs again. I respect the backbone he's shown by standing up to Trump.

Which is a lot more than spineless Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, who have even more cause to hate Trump, have done. If either of them runs again, I'll vote another ticket.

Jim

Standing up to Trump ? He's a Jellyfish

You in support of Romney proves he'll never make it .....lol

I didn't say he'd make a good president. But if he ever runs, and the Dems field one of their typical grifters (most politicians), I'll vote for Romney.

Jim

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I think both sides get together every night for drinks and laugh about the day's misdirection.

That's probably very close to the truth.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:36 PM

Trump received more votes than any sitting POTUS in history......he was the best POTUS we have had in a very long time. The USA achieved energy independence in his first term....with a surplus. Now we have a potus that wants to eliminate all combustible vehicles asap....a chin dribbling moron..people like dipstick like him thou and are happy to have him vs Trump. Cannot fix stupid even with education.....that is obvious.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:40 PM

Romney "stood up" to Trump same as military leaders "stood up" against their Commander-in-Chief. Traitors.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:51 PM

I've grown to like Rand Paul more and more over the past 5 years.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:56 PM

Rand would be a good choice, imo. But first before we have a CINC noted for what he won't do based on principle we need the swamp drained and folks jailed.

Someone that will knot up a whip, overturn the tables and clear the temple of the den of thieves.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 07:59 PM

I like Rand Paul and agree with him on many issues.

The voters worked on the swamp when they voted Trump out.

Jim

I've grown to like Rand Paul more and more over the past 5 years.

Paul is more statesman than politician. One of very few in existence today.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:00 PM

Yep. I'd imagine the net worth of Republican politicians are just as much as the left. They've all been bought and paid.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:00 PM

I like Rand Paul

Not me. He's just another Trump toady.

It seems we're not wholly in agreement today, Counsellor.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:04 PM

I like Rand Paul

Jim

Best stick to chasing ambulances.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:05 PM

I like Rand Paul

Jim

Most of them are occupying some part of the Trump vacuum.

He'll pivot back libertarian when the crazy dies down.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:08 PM

Great. Another champion pivoter.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:29 PM

Randy Paul doesnt believe in guns.He got beat up in his own yard,lol.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:32 PM

Christ y'all.....

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Christ y'all.....

I wonder if Christ would get enough votes ?

Would be sad if he didn't

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:40 PM

The voters swamp worked on the swamp Trump when they voted cheated Trump out.

Jim

Fixed it for you.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:42 PM

So I guess Trump lost, and the Swamp won.

I thought he was your boy. I guess he wasn't good enough.

You obviously need a new savior.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
The voters swamp worked on the swamp Trump when they voted cheated Trump out.

Jim

Fixed it for you.

100% Truth right there

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:47 PM

You need a new hero to worship, AntiGov. Your last wasn't good enough, lol.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:51 PM

Jim

You just need help. "Dipstick". Bahaha.
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:52 PM

Obummer completely lost me when he went to that thugs funeral. Not that I was with him before that.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Jim

You just need help. "Dipstick". Bahaha.

And here comes the name-caller. Very original.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by bwtrapper
Obummer completely lost me when he went to that thugs funeral. Not that I was with him before that.

By Jove, I'm with you on the lost a lot of cred by going to that funeral.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:56 PM

Jim

That's kind of my point. None of them are principled people. A few are more than others are but still not reliably principled.

There are no heros to be found in government. I vote for who will affect me (including taxes) and my rights the least.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 08:58 PM

Fair enough, I guess I do the same.

Btw, twenty years ago I was a 99-percent Libertarian.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 09:12 PM

No name calling Jimmy. That's your nickname you got from another member. I'm just using your nickname rather than your screen name is all.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 09:35 PM

That's a nice bit of verbal tap-dancing there, Sprung. This ex-lawyer is professionally jealous.

Maybe someone should give you a derogatory "nickname."

Jim
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 09:51 PM

I like Rand Paul, but I don't think he would make near as good a President as say, Ted Cruz. I believe Rand Paul is right where he needs to be. The President may be the face of the nation, but he really isn't all that powerful, if he doesn't have the backing of the Senate and House he can't really accomplish much. Both Obama and Trump proved that a President can accomplish something if the Senate and House are spineless and go along with it, but if you have people with backbone in Congress the President is basically a talking head. He can make deals with foreign powers, (this, foreign policy in general, by the way is why I believe Paul is best where he is) but in most cases that still has to be approved by Congress.
The last two administrations have constantly went on, and the media echoed and amplified, calls for Congress to "do something" and quit blocking all "progress" proposed by the administration. Meanwhile I was thinking, they are doing something, as a constitutent I WANTED my representatives to "block progress" on things like Federal Healthcare. I'm assuming Democrat voters wanted the same thing of their representatives when Trump was in office. This is the checks and balances built into the system by the framers. Meanwhile those in positions of power want the brakes taken off their drive for whatever they want to push through.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 09:52 PM

Jim

And this is assumed fact. This is exactly what everyone expected of the liberal lawyer.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:10 PM

Rand would be a good choice, imo. But first before we have a CINC noted for what he won't do based on principle we need the swamp drained and folks jailed.

Someone that will knot up a whip, overturn the tables and clear the temple of the den of thieves.

If we returned to sound money principles the swamp would be drained overnight.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

If we returned to sound money principles the swamp would be drained overnight.

True, cut out the money laundering and funny money.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:21 PM

That ain’t gonna happen with a vote.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
That ain’t gonna happen with a vote.

I agree, the temptation is too great.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/01/21 11:36 PM

Christ y'all.....

Surely you didn't think this post wouldn't be political? LOL
Posted By: rex123

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 12:05 AM

Wolfdog91 you started this post by asking why people were so wrapped up in politics and it has fallen into a my side your side like always. Human nature is what's wrong . Some people just have to pretend they have the answers.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 12:19 AM

We do have some truthful answers rex123 thanks to our molding.
Just not all of 'em.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 12:46 AM

Ya who started this political thread? LOL eek

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 12:59 AM

Would be nice if folks would post on trapping threads this much again........
Posted By: Marty

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 01:09 AM

most folks have too high of an opinion of themselves and too low of an opinion of anyone who disagrees with them...
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 01:55 AM

Politics is everywhere and always has been and always will be. Poli is Greek for "of the people" It is just a matter of how pervasive we want it to be and also how biased we want it to be to fit the opinions of all of us and it is not just a USA thing. Politics in all nations, cultures, religions etc. We are obviously not getting any better at finding civil ways to govern or live with the differences we have. We are fortunate in the US that we can ahve really rigid political differences and still find ways to live, work and grow as a society. There are a lot of nations that are unable to do that. When there is little to lose and not much to gain in sight then chaos and anarchy are not much worse then what one has at the moment.

Bryce

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
most folks have too high of an opinion of themselves and too low of an opinion of anyone who disagrees with them...

Agreed.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 02:08 AM

"Kettle, you are black." - Pot.

Jim

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 02:25 AM

Would be nice if folks would post on trapping threads this much again........

Season is just around the corner.

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
I like Rand Paul, but I don't think he would make near as good a President as say, Ted Cruz. I believe Rand Paul is right where he needs to be. The President may be the face of the nation, but he really isn't all that powerful, if he doesn't have the backing of the Senate and House he can't really accomplish much. Both Obama and Trump proved that a President can accomplish something if the Senate and House are spineless and go along with it, but if you have people with backbone in Congress the President is basically a talking head. He can make deals with foreign powers, (this, foreign policy in general, by the way is why I believe Paul is best where he is) but in most cases that still has to be approved by Congress.
The last two administrations have constantly went on, and the media echoed and amplified, calls for Congress to "do something" and quit blocking all "progress" proposed by the administration. Meanwhile I was thinking, they are doing something, as a constitutent I WANTED my representatives to "block progress" on things like Federal Healthcare. I'm assuming Democrat voters wanted the same thing of their representatives when Trump was in office. This is the checks and balances built into the system by the framers. Meanwhile those in positions of power want the brakes taken off their drive for whatever they want to push through.

I love the smell of gridlock in the morning. It smells like victory!

Re: Politics everywhere - 08/02/21 08:50 AM

Jim

That's kind of my point. None of them are principled people. A few are more than others are but still not reliably principled.

There are no heros to be found in government. I vote for who will affect me (including taxes) and my rights the least.

I'll admit I don't follow day to day activities of Washington DC, if you would, could you give a particular instance or two where Senator Paul has "pivoted" as you put it?

For the record I'd prefer a candidate such as his father although I don't believe a person in their 80s is qualified anymore to be president of the US.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums