Home

Just like the days of Noah

Posted By: Anonymous

Just like the days of Noah - 08/01/21 11:22 PM

Our pastor's sermon was really good today. And he delivered it with a humble heart too. Good pastoral care.
Seems he's heard us evangelicals bable on and on and on and on and on about Covid, Trump, Biden, congress, gas prices, genderfication, and 100 other subjects in the church foyer long enough so he challenged the church to read and reread Matthew's Gospel recordings 24:34-42.
Just be ready for that day and quit worrying about everything under the sun.

“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the bmill; one will be taken and one will be left. Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming."

Blessings y'all!
Mark

Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/01/21 11:50 PM

Good advice

I just hope I'm standing next to a heathen when the time comes ....lol

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 12:15 AM

grin
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 12:18 AM

It's hard not to giggle just a little bit when I read that.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 12:29 AM

After the Gold Rush.
Neil Young.
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 12:55 AM

As Christians we should be a beacon of hope and calm reassurance. It’s hard not to get swept away by the doom and gloom. I struggle with the constant negativity in the world myself
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:11 AM

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place

since that generation is long gone what is the correct interpretation?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:18 AM

God gave me two eyes. One to watch my work and live as tho the world would never end. The other to watch the Eastern sky knowing the night is coming when man works no more.
Posted By: SJA

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place

Danny, since it appears you have many questions about religion, did I miss your answer to my question in the thread "mark of the beast" or don't you want to answer?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:49 AM

danny, the parable of the fig tree and its branches would seem like foolishness to unbelievers but is as relevant to believers today as its was 2,000 years ago.
Illumination is necessary for interpretation.
Now as then.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:50 AM

Has anyone heard or believe the generation or ages referred to as the passing of pisces into aquarius ?
The sign of the pisces is the fish or ichthys.
The sign of aquarius is the water-bearer, similar to Mark 14:13.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:53 AM

The Birth pains are getting closer and closer
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:55 AM

The whole point of the parable was to forewarn of the future times.

When you see these things... this[that] generation will by no means pass say...

Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So you also, when you see all these things, know that [e]it is near—at the doors! 34Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:58 AM

I sure want to make sure I have enough oil for the lamp. Not fun standing in the dark and missing the great opportunity.

Bryce

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:12 AM

Point blank language from Him who made all things is laid out for humans to know.
Just as in the days of Noah, they will not understand even as it happens.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:24 AM

John 12:38

38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Posted By: James

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:30 AM

I only pester Christians with questions when they start proselytizing on threads about other subjects. This is a dedicated religious thread.

Carry on.

Jim
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by James
I only pester Christians with questions when they start proselytizing on threads about other subjects. This is a dedicated religious thread.

Carry on.

Jim

Sure glad we have your blessings. lol.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 03:47 AM

Every knee shall bow.... That right there is awesome.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 08:14 AM

If we knew the day He was coming, would you change your ways? Or stand fast knowing you have tried you best to walk in His footsteps.
I for one would at least think of my actions and words a little closer, before His warm embrace

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 09:27 AM

SJA you asked a question then gave me two possible answers. Neither of which was the answer to your question. Since you want to ask and answer I saw no point in answering.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 09:52 AM

Carry on. Jim

and there we have it...

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 10:19 AM

I have come to believe James may be Greek, evidenced by his searching for wisdom.
This may help him "see" faith seeking understanding.

The orthodox (greek = right opinion) Christian would realize all these have a seat at the table of truth;
truth exists in exegesis of Scripture > the tone setter for integrating all these other categories
truth exists in science > responsible science is a source of information from general revelation and humanity
truth exists in philosophy > as a tool for establishing appropriate cultural methods. Example: God intended reading (observation) & interpretation (philosophy)
truth exists in human life experience > area of testing and communicating truth. Bible expects a levels of "experience" Psalm 22
truth exists in history > as a window to ancient tradition of orthodoxy (evangelicals weak here as a note)
truth exists in theology (discussion of God) > Christocentric & Trinitarian as a centering guide post

God has revealed all things James. This may assist you in some way.
Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Posco

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:04 PM

I got a message yesterday on FB informing me a friend of mine from back in our school days suffered a massive heart attack and didn't make it. I think he was fifty-nine. Us older guys realize just how young that is. Death came to him like a thief in the night. I don't think he was a believer.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:50 PM

Our Lord's thief in the night is a perfect metaphor but some don't think their home will be broken into.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:50 PM

Carry on.

Jim

When you have studied and practiced law for years, where you have ate it, dreamed it and lived it, don't you find it hard when just talking to a person on the street, that its hard to keep your subconsciousness from drawing from the well from which you have drank and lived from your entire life? Maybe its the same with people that has ate and lived a life dedicated to the spiritual aspect of life. They are like on auto pilot and that is where they rest and in any converse it comes out there because that is who they are. Its like a standard that their whole world is based on. Then when you mix people that is on a gold standard with those that are on say a bitcoin standard it becomes babel that the 2 sides can't or won't relate to each other.

The whole idea to get the whole world on one order and complete harmony is a fantasy that ends when the dream becomes a nightmare.

Yes people don't like to be hounded by a proselytizing do-gooder any more than they like to hounded by a legalists who has defined right and wrong down to what the meaning of "is" is.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 01:59 PM

The reason you get all the debating on here is that only a very few of us are still trapping.
Many are in a funk,disgruntled that they cant make any money trapping anymore.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
The reason you get all the debating on here is that only a very few of us are still trapping.

I'm a member of a bowhunting forum, a tractor forum and a forum devoted to burning coal. Politics, religion and everything else is discussed in every one of those forums. Things are intertwined and I enjoy knowing how others think. We spend a fair amount of time together and it's a great way to get to know each other.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:10 PM

Thats what I'm saying,not many hardcore trappers anymore.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:18 PM

My disgruntledness comes from seeing how that freedoms as in free markets can be picked off one at a time, naturally starting with the weakest and most controversial industry working its way up to hog house and finally to my house !

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 02:24 PM

SJA you asked a question then gave me two possible answers. Neither of which was the answer to your question. Since you want to ask and answer I saw no point in answering.

Then your reply, in itself, is an answer. :-)

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 04:14 PM

Huh?
Posted By: run

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
I have come to believe James may be Greek, evidenced by his searching for wisdom.

The orthodox (greek = right opinion) Christian would realize all these have a seat at the table of truth;
truth exists in exegesis of Scripture > the tone setter for integrating all these other categories
truth exists in science > responsible science is a source of information from general revelation and humanity
truth exists in philosophy > as a tool for establishing appropriate cultural methods. Example: God intended reading (observation) & interpretation (philosophy)
truth exists in human life experience > area of testing and communicating truth. Bible expects a levels of "experience" Psalm 22
truth exists in history > as a window to ancient tradition of orthodoxy (evangelicals weak here as a note)
truth exists in theology (discussion of God) > Christocentric & Trinitarian as a centering guide post

Blessings,
Mark

Interesting info.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/02/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by run

Blessings,
Mark

Interesting info.

There shouldn't be much sparring between most Christian theologians over these categories, but the degree to which each seat at the truth table is allowed to steer the doctrine and/or dogma is debated. I hold that Scripture is the ultimate Truth, but above all else, it's God narrative story so that humans can know God's Creation, Redemption, Restoration Plan.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Hawg Daddy

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 01:04 AM

I was reading Matthew 22 and vs. five jumped off the page "and they made light of it and went there ways" heart breaking.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 01:59 AM

Priorities are always a challenge for the depraved mind.

A bit of deeper meaning in sin has been articulated and I enjoy reading Augustine;
These four states, which are derived from the Scripture, correspond to the four states of man in relation to sin enumerated by Augustine of Hippo: (a) able to sin, able not to sin (posse peccare, posse non peccare); (b) not able not to sin (non posse non peccare); (c) able not to sin (posse non peccare); and (d) unable to sin (non posse peccare). The first state corresponds to the state of man in innocency, before the Fall; the second the state of the natural man after the Fall; the third the state of the regenerate man; and the fourth the glorified man.

It must be noted that in all four states, man is free to choose what to do or not to do according to his will.
His will is free because it is not forced or compelled from without. However, his will is determined by his own moral inclinations. This means that while the glorified man will always choose to do good because his heart’s inclination is always to glorify God; the natural fallen man will always do what is evil (in God’s eyes), because his motives are never pure, and never to glorify God.

1800 years haven't changed this theological thesis one bit.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 02:02 AM

There are plenty of great trappers on here. Good grief

Good thread Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 02:26 AM

Bull,on the whole first page only one post about trapping (the fur auction).
Nobodys trapping.Thats why everyone is debating.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 03:44 AM

Trapping topics will pick up as the season approaches. We're still a ways out.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 03:51 AM

I guess I just assumed this was primarily a nontrapping related forum. One reason I didn't come on here for years, just hit Strictly Trapping, the Wilderness and Lure Formulators forums. I debate politics from time to time on another website, so I finally started checking and posting on this forum when post slow down on the trapping forums during the off season.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 03:52 AM

And by the way Mark, our preacher had a sermon on the same passage last week.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 10:27 AM

That's why I like these here trappers.
A lively scrappy, tell it like it is bunch.
grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 10:46 AM

It's August so......
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee

There are plenty of great trappers on here. Good grief

Good thread Mark

You took the bait, Pawnee. That's what he was looking for.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
And by the way Mark, our preacher had a sermon on the same passage last week.

Refreshing to hear of pastors, preachers, and priests simply teaching God's Word.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: run

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 11:09 AM

Thank you for starting the thread, Mark June.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 11:25 AM

Sure run. Wish I was in VA about now. I like your country a lot and don't get out that way much.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 04:00 PM

Maybe in social settings hardcore trappers seem unavailable, especially in off season which just happens to be hardcore fishing season.

In Ester, paganism does not allow for religious discourse so God’s name is unmentionable in pagan settings. Ester was a commission to the Jewish people to allow God-talk to be part of their spiritual conversation and to beware of leaders who demand less than the fulfillment of the moral agency of each person who by dint of humanity, carries God’s’ image.

In this day freedoms are often shouted from the highest rooftops, esp. the freedoms of religion and speech. Some don't mind being pushed underground esp. when they see the bumper crop of potatoes and peanuts. I guess one could say they are a secret crop. Still some understand and some don't.

Can't count the times, I've seen instances when Gods' name wasn't in it but the hand of God was.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

It's August so......

Thats what I'm saying hardcore trappers trap all year round.
Fur in winter,nuisance in summer.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 07:26 PM

Jesus isn't referring to the people He was telling this to as being the generation He was mentioning. Instead, He's referring to the generation that is alive at the time these things are beginning to happen.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 08:32 PM

[/quote]
Thats what I'm saying hardcore trappers trap all year round.
Fur in winter,nuisance in summer.[/quote]
Personally, I like to give aminals a chance to raise their young in the summer, ensuring a renewable resource year after year.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/03/21 09:32 PM

Thank you Mark.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Maybe in social settings hardcore trappers seem unavailable, especially in off season which just happens to be hardcore fishing season.

In Ester, paganism does not allow for religious discourse so God’s name is unmentionable in pagan settings. Ester was a commission to the Jewish people to allow God-talk to be part of their spiritual conversation and to beware of leaders who demand less than the fulfillment of the moral agency of each person who by dint of humanity, carries God’s’ image.

In this day freedoms are often shouted from the highest rooftops, esp. the freedoms of religion and speech. Some don't mind being pushed underground esp. when they see the bumper crop of potatoes and peanuts. I guess one could say they are a secret crop. Still some understand and some don't.

Can't count the times, I've seen instances when Gods' name wasn't in it but the hand of God was.

Not exactly sure if you're saying the faithful are a secret crop alone? I may be way off on what you're posting.
The Church, the ecclesia, was ordained by our Lord as a body of members in kiononia (community).
In fact, we are in what's known as the Church age - the time between the 1st and 2nd advent (coming).... started with the sending of the Spirit in Acts 2, Who indwells the believer with gift(s) not for the individual themselves, but for the community of the faithful as a whole.

Evangelicals (I'm in this camp theologically) are particularly weak in their doctrine of Ecclesiology, but it's part of our sanctification and best done in person with other believers.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:04 AM

Trapdog1 I knew I was but dang I just couldn’t take it anymore.

Mark, this is off your subject but I deal with the subject of intersection with the wife’s family. I’d like to hear your thoughts. I’ve went to Mass with the family every week for 25 years and enjoy it. No need for the usual bashers to chime in. It’s pulled from the Old Testament if I have it right. This old Baptist boy just wasn’t raised saying a prayer to a Saint. Thanks
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:07 AM

It happens to all of us at one time or another!

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:22 AM

Pawnee,
My thoughts are patristic in nature as in the Nicene Constantinople Creed of the 4th century verbiage; One (united), Holy (set apart), Catholic (universal - as in all believers in all churches; Augustine believed it was all believers in Heaven and on Earth), Apostolic (as handed down from those who saw the Risen Savior personally).

The Protestant and Roman Catholic schism of 1517 wasn't over core doctrines as both affirm them. Both are orthodox (correct thinking) in that regard but the RC's have heterodoxy (additional sacraments and prayerful petitions) that doesn't orbit too far out of orthodoxy so when I go to Catholic Mass with my aunt and uncle (I do once monthly) I simply don't pray to the saints or follow along in their mariology liturgies, but enjoy.... it's High Church. I do.

I think the RC's goes awry when they don't offer the Eucharist to one baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After all Matthew 28:19-20 is clear on how someone is initiated into the community of believers. That's an ancient church practice we should honor today.

As far as Intersection Theology, I believe the churches were divinely ordained by Christ, and as such too many churches have become ministries of causes when the Misseo Dei Mission of our Lord should be the same as the churches He ordained .... to seek and save the lost = the mission of spreading the Gospel. All the rest deters from the Christology of it all and inserts too much human preferences. Long subject. Short answer. Let's stick to Matthew's recording of the Great Commission. Period.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:30 AM

So, how's that boat coming along, Mark? Any pics.?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:37 AM

Sorry T-Rex, no boat pics. But I did talk with two nice families in literal shock today, in separate hospital rooms ,as their loved ones died. One man 48 in the ICU (drinking got his liver). One lady 23 (hit by a driver who was drinking at 11:00am).
No boat sir. Just real.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:39 AM

Pawnee,
My thoughts are patristic in nature as in the Nicene Constantinople Creed of the 4th century verbiage; One (united), Holy (set apart), Catholic (universal - as in all believers in all churches; Augustine believed it was all believers in Heaven and on Earth), Apostolic (as handed down from those who saw the Risen Savior personally).

The Protestant and Roman Catholic schism of 1517 wasn't over core doctrines as both affirm them. Both are orthodox (correct thinking) in that regard but the RC's have heterodoxy (additional sacraments and prayerful petitions) that doesn't orbit too far out of orthodoxy so when I go to Catholic Mass with my aunt and uncle (I do once monthly) I simply don't pray to the saints or follow along in their mariology liturgies, but enjoy.... it's High Church. I do.

I think the RC's goes awry when they don't offer the Eucharist to one baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After all Matthew 28:19-20 is clear on how someone is initiated into the community of believers. That's an ancient church practice we should honor today.

As far as Intersection Theology, I believe the churches were divinely ordained by Christ, and as such too many churches have become ministries of causes when the Misseo Dei Mission of our Lord was the same as the church's .... the seek and save the lost = the mission of spreading the Gospel. All the rest deters from the Christology of it all and inserts too much human preferences. Long subject. Short answer. Let's stick to Matthew Great Commission. Period.

Blessings,
Mark

Thanks Mark, the Commission it is

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:41 AM

I need to come bird hunting again and sit down to supper and talk shop.
And help you skin a pile of coyotes.
I don't skin the Texas dogs cause they don't have much fur down here.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 06:27 AM

Priorities are always a challenge for the depraved mind.

A bit of deeper meaning in sin has been articulated and I enjoy reading Augustine;
These four states, which are derived from the Scripture, correspond to the four states of man in relation to sin enumerated by Augustine of Hippo: (a) able to sin, able not to sin (posse peccare, posse non peccare); (b) not able not to sin (non posse non peccare); (c) able not to sin (posse non peccare); and (d) unable to sin (non posse peccare). The first state corresponds to the state of man in innocency, before the Fall; the second the state of the natural man after the Fall; the third the state of the regenerate man; and the fourth the glorified man.

It must be noted that in all four states, man is free to choose what to do or not to do according to his will.
His will is free because it is not forced or compelled from without. However, his will is determined by his own moral inclinations. This means that while the glorified man will always choose to do good because his heart’s inclination is always to glorify God; the natural fallen man will always do what is evil (in God’s eyes), because his motives are never pure, and never to glorify God.

1800 years haven't changed this theological thesis one bit.

Blessings,
Mark

Have you ever read Luther's The Bondage of the Will?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 09:07 AM

Posco,
I sure have. As I'm sure you know, it's a Reformation Classic and it would have been most certain that ML would have been well read on Augustine of Hippo's work.
ML argued that Satan doesn't give up what is his unless overpowered by something greater and that humans are not able, but only God can orchestrate salvation. Erasmus was his opponent in opposing the depravity of man (another Augustinian thesis) and predestination which ML held very firm to.
I do also.

I enjoy historical theology a lot. Do you sir?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 11:12 AM

The Great commission for the already predestined ? That seems redundant .

The Great commission for the already doomed by unpredestination. ? Seems like a waste of time !
Posted By: nute

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 11:25 AM

Amen

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 11:29 AM

The Great commission for the already predestined ? That seems redundant .

The Great commission for the already doomed by unpredestination. ? Seems like a waste of time !

The doctrines are well laid out but are not called "essential" in the Christian faith.
Just finite minds trying to figure out the infinite Who Inspired Scripture is all.
Surface level English words don't communicate the Greek text very well.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 11:47 AM

But I don't have the time or the money to learn Greek. I thought the fact that people didn't understand Latin was the cause for the great divide from the Catholics.
Does the Holy Spirit know how to interpret Greek ?
So who do I know that knows Greek to show me the way, oh that must be you !

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 12:04 PM

I wasn't disparaging you FoxPaw.
Sorry you feel the need to do otherwise.
Greek was the original text.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 12:54 PM

Off topic but Mark I have been studying 1,2 Kings and after every king they ask if all the other things the kings have done are not written in the book of annals of the kings? Why are these books not around? Were they destroyed, lost? I would think they would be interesting to look at. LLL
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 01:19 PM

Don't open the post then...keep on scrolling

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Off topic but Mark I have been studying 1,2 Kings and after every king they ask if all the other things the kings have done are not written in the book of annals of the kings? Why are these books not around? Were they destroyed, lost? I would think they would be interesting to look at. LLL

You mean 1 and 2 Chronicles?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 08:52 PM

What I read about the days of Noah didn’t sound to good. A creater created imperfect people then decided to kill them for being imperfect. Not quick like you would kill a calf killing coyote but slow by drowning. Something that would take days or maybe weeks for somebody able to get hold of something that floated.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 09:08 PM

Imagine the frantic thrashing of a 17 year old woman clutching her infant to her breast trying to keep their heads above water as exhaustion creeps in.

One of the sickest sadistic stories I have ever read

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 09:34 PM

Yes Danny nature is sometimes very unforgiving. Just imagine having a bird poop in your eyes blinding you.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 09:34 PM

Fortunately there is no evidence such a thing ever happened. The person who originally dreamed up that tale most certainly had some mental health issues.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 09:41 PM

danny, I find your take on Christianity interesting...

on one hand, if you can't see something for yourself, you say it doesn't exist.

on the other hand, you CAN see that your Freedom is all but gone, but you refuse to acknowledge that.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:04 PM

What are you talking about? I whine incessantly about loss of freedom

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:06 PM

whine, yes.

But I recall you recently saying you wanted to die with the same Freedoms you were born into...

that ship has sailed.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Don't open the post then...keep on scrolling

Not likely.
The debating is way more fun than trapping stories,albeit much less educational.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:10 PM

So what is your point?

Or is that your way of saying the sadistic god you you worship is real and I should be frightened into pretending I believe ?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:12 PM

Are you saying I am dead but dreaming I am alive

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 10:16 PM

the point is, your level of required proof is subject to your bias.

one thing (loss of Freedom) is right in front of your face, but you refuse to accept it.

actually, I guess the same could be said for God's existence...it's right in front of your face.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/04/21 11:16 PM

LOL deleted again

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 12:35 AM

I recollect no stupid posts like this back in the days of Noah.

If there is some common ground; please let me in on it!

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 01:55 AM

I ponder why some feel the click urge to input on these threads when their only intent is to mock?

These same types of anthropological responses are one of the apologetics as to the existence of God and are well documented.
Fascinating how some literally can't be in the same vicinity as these posts and must chime in.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 01:56 AM

The wicked people of the earth watched Noah build a boat. He warned them, they mocked him. God brought the flood.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper

You mean 1 and 2 Chronicles?

Well it certainly does go into deeper content and are very similar books but no I think they are different books all together. These are the ones I am talking about and I guess no one really knows....

https://www.bing.com/search?q=annal...&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS

BOOKS OF THE CHRONICLES OF THE KINGS OF JUDAH AND ISRAEL, two sets of royal annals, mentioned in I and II Kings but subsequently lost. The historian of Kings refers to these works as his source, where additional information may be found. These references show how the historian of Kings used extensive sources selectively. The books are referred to by this formula, with slight variations: "Now the rest of the acts of [the king], and all that he did, behold, they are written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah/Israel." Frequently references are made to "his might," or "how we warred," and occasionally more specific deeds are mentioned (e.g., I Kings 15:23; II Kings 20:20).

The Israelite annals are mentioned 18 times (I Kings 14:19 (17); 15:31; 16:5; et al.) and the Judean annals 15 times (I Kings 14:29; 15:7, 23; et al.). Of all the kings of Israel, only Jehoram and Hosea are not mentioned as referred to in the Israelite annals. Of the kings of Judah (after Solomon) only Ahaziah, Athaliah, Jehoahaz, Jehoiachin, and Zedekiah are not mentioned in this regard. It is uncertain whether these books were royal records themselves or edited annals based on the records. It seems likely in view of the negative references to certain kings (Zimri, Shallum, and Manasseh), which would not very likely be the product of the king's own recorders, that the books were edited annals. Furthermore, the Judean author of Kings could hardly have had access to all the royal records of the northern kingdom. The content of these books appears identical in character to the Assyrian annals. Probably the mass of facts on royal activities in Kings came from these books. Chronicles mentions the book of the kings of Israel (I Chron. 9:1; II Chron. 20:34) and the book of the kings of Israel and Judah (or Judah and Israel; II Chron. 16: 11; 27:7; et al.). The chronicler seems to be referring to the same works, but probably did not actually have them at his disposal.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 10:42 AM

LL,
This citation seems to be from a Jewish foundation although I admit I only clicked on the link. They, like liberal theologians, have spent centuries heretically saying what they say and to be honest the world has enough heretics saying what heretics always say (they hold the "real" keys to truth) that I don't pay attention too much. Their legions are too many.
Realize at a minimum, that Judaism is not Christian at its core. Some will say that Muslims, Jews, and Christians worship the same God. But do they?

Scripture helps us know answers to big questions like this = Jesus spoke very harshly to the Judiazers. He condemned them for they could not bear to hear His Word. Sound familiar even still today? wink

[i]Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”./i] (John 8:39-47)

There is great clarity in these verses. Islam and Judaism doesn't recognize Jesus as God. The I AM. The God-man born of a Virgin and Whom God's Grace was Incarnate of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. Without Jesus as God in all ways Christians have everywhere, always, and by all believed, the claim to worship the same God as Christians worship is false.

I don't really put stock in the writings of those who do not believe as Christians do. Like your link I think.

Per doctrine, Holy Scripture was handed down through the ages to us, Inspired by God, Inerrant in its original writings for us to know who God is. The Bible is God's narrative story. We have enough in it to know what He would have us know.

Exodus 34:6-7 is a summary of God's attributes and characteristics. The Spirit illuminates the Word for us to help us understand what a depraved mind cannot.
The fact that we have Bibles is a miracle.

Blessings LL,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 11:50 AM

LL,
This citation seems to be from a Jewish foundation although I admit I only clicked on the link. They, like liberal theologians, have spent centuries heretically saying what they say and to be honest the world has enough heretics saying what heretics always say (they hold the "real" keys to truth) that I don't pay attention too much. Their legions are too many.
Realize at a minimum, that Judaism is not Christian at its core. Some will say that Muslims, Jews, and Christians worship the same God. But do they?

Scripture helps us know answers to big questions like this = Jesus spoke very harshly to the Judiazers. He condemned them for they could not bear to hear His Word. Sound familiar even still today? wink

[i]Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”./i] (John 8:39-47)

There is great clarity in these verses. Islam and Judaism doesn't recognize Jesus as God. The I AM. The God-man born of a Virgin and Whom God's Grace was Incarnate of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. Without Jesus as God in all ways Christians have everywhere, always, and by all believed, the claim to worship the same God as Christians worship is false.

I don't really put stock in the writings of those who do not believe as Christians do. Like your link I think.

Per doctrine, Holy Scripture was handed down through the ages to us, Inspired by God, Inerrant in its original writings for us to know who God is. The Bible is God's narrative story. We have enough in it to know what He would have us know.

Exodus 34:6-7 is a summary of God's attributes and characteristics. The Spirit illuminates the Word for us to help us understand what a depraved mind cannot.
The fact that we have Bibles is a miracle.

Blessings LL,
Mark

Mark I know and believe everything you wrote. I just wanted to know where we would find the books of the annals of the kings of Judah and of Israel that are spoke of in Kings. Almost all the Kings except a few. LLL

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 12:00 PM

I also know these books were not inspired. They are simply records spoken of by the chronicler of Kings who most certainly was inspired and quoted these annals often. They have since been lost. It would give even more insight into why these kings never could get it together and lead their people to serve God as they were supposed to. LLL
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 01:48 PM

[quote=danny clifton]What I read about the days of Noah didn’t sound to good. A creater created imperfect people.....

Danny - No. That is not correct. He created a perfect people with the ability to choose. They chose sin and to reject Gods Word. Just as you choose and have a choice to accept or reject.

Danny - I am still praying for you as I have said over the years. I appreciate your interest in still commenting on scriptural posts and know someday we all will stand before our Creator. I pray before then, you understand more of what He has done for you and the everlasting love He has for you.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 02:40 PM

Since the beginning of Mankind and "their consciousness of senses", there was a perception of a Higher Power(s) in their Universe, whether it be the Sun, Moon, Wind, Water, Mother Earth, or other Entities etc. Even today if "we" as individuals were not aware of this, we would not spend time in thought of such conflict. IMHO, it doesn't matter what "religion" you have been exposed to. Bottom line is that you either believe or you don't. "We cannot have life without balance of life and death, or light and darkness". Don't waste YOUR time trying to convince others either way.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 02:52 PM

If I believed in double predestination then I might say that those that are contrary might be one of those doomed by the double predestination. But since I believe that "Whosoever Will" then I feel there is still hope regardless how contrary they may be. If I bought in on being the elect by predestination then my only election would be to service and not to salvation, therefore it is my duty to pray for the lost.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 04:13 PM

If I believed in double predestination then I might say that those that are contrary might be one of those doomed by the double predestination. But since I believe that "Whosoever Will" then I feel there is still hope regardless how contrary they may be. If I bought in on being the elect by predestination then my only election would be to service and not to salvation, therefore it is my duty to pray for the lost.

The 'elect' don't know who they are until they are effectually called and if they don't know who they are, you and I sure don't. I'm a Calvinist not so much because of John Calvin, I'm a Calvinist because it is in the Bible.

The doctrine of election frightens a lot of people but I find it reassuring.
Posted By: .204

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 04:34 PM

The doctrine of free will is also taught in the bible. I dont believe we will ever have that riddle solved. But as for me, I do not believe a man is predestined to hades.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 04:48 PM

Riddle? According to the bible ,the creator talked about in the bible, is all knowing. This perfect creator would have had to known his human creation was going to eat the apple. Had to know that people would not obey. That some people would be born mentally ill and not even have a conscience. So why did that creator decide everyone except one family would be killed by torture? In fact why kill them at all when their flaws were deliberately given to them. At the heart of your religion are some really ridiculous concepts that are no more true than saying the moon is made of green cheese.

Unless of course your creator doesn’t follow his own rules

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 04:56 PM

Danny, there is a difference between knowing the beginning to the end and allowing free will and predesinating it to happen. We will never be able to comprend it.
Lets hear what you hold to as the world came into being, why things are the way they are.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 05:27 PM

Jwill I dont know.

That doesn’t mean a bunch of ancient herdsmen knew either

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 05:37 PM

Riddle? According to the bible ,the creator talked about in the bible, is all knowing. This perfect creator would have had to known his human creation was going to eat the apple. Had to know that people would not obey. That some people would be born mentally ill and not even have a conscience. So why did that creator decide everyone except one family would be killed by torture? In fact why kill them at all when their flaws were deliberately given to them. At the heart of your religion are some really ridiculous concepts that are no more true than saying the moon is made of green cheese.

One particular instance where God followed his own rules was when he told Adam he would die if he ate from that tree. If one believes Gods word killed Adam, then God went by his own law with "blood for blood and life for life". In which he redeemed Adams life , which was perfect before the fall with the sacrifice of His Son which was perfect, fulfilling blood for blood and life for life.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 05:43 PM

Danny you may have read the Bible but if not you should. It’s full of lots of wisdom that can do a guy a ton of good in everyday life. You don’t have to believe in God or anything else to read it. Lots of good stuff in there
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 06:11 PM

Being forced to believe a certain way by the threat of death and everlasting torment is not "free will" its extortion.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 06:11 PM

The heart of our belief is law. Sometimes the 10 commandments are kept near the door, so when one goes into the outside world he is reminded of them fresh before he goes out. But for the born again believer they are written in a form of a new covenant in/on our hearts. The Ark of the Covenant is in Heaven and will be seen in the future.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
Being forced to believe a certain way by the threat of death and everlasting torment is not "free will" its extortion.

That's basically how kids react now days when there parents tell them to not cross the street or not to eat candy from strangers, with the threat of spanking. Real dictators those parents are !

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 07:39 PM

Humans have been rebelling for a very long time and we will not read one anti post here that doesn't say what the poster would do if they had the joystick of life.
Always what they would do if they were creator. News report always read, "Human says how this, that, and the other shoulda, woulda, coulda been done."
Same as very long ago.
Sure.
Hold your breath 5 minutes and get back with us on that.

Some place faith in that which has been revealed and illuminated (both are required) and leave the sons of monkeys to their faith, but Darwin won't make a monkey outta me.
All have faith in things they can't see, so as some on here expound believe only what you do see, that's impossible.

Human experience is important but to believe it's the ultimate truth is to place faith in what John Locke called "Human experiences that fill an empty mind."
Humans overestimate us humans.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 07:50 PM

Just place your faith in the DR that said the Covid vaccine would link people telepathicly to ICLOUD

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 07:56 PM

Broken record danny. I think you purposefully recycle things that have been repeatedly answered for you on these forums. Why?
Are you that much of an arbiter of truth that you must squelch others?
You and anti-trappers are much alike.

On this DR subject you bring up with glee, I said I didn't believe it, but found it interesting. That's why I posted it.
I answer you politely but you keep bringing stuff up as if it never happened.
What's that about?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 08:18 PM

I have watched Danny for years on this board. He really has no answers to the complexities of life but finds it necessary to invade every post that is based on Biblical Christianity and try to disparage it. Cannot figure out his motivation. Could it be that maybe he would be of the same cloth of the jews in Acts 17:5- But the jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort...... Dont know if he is envious or just base and lewd.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 08:29 PM

I wish iknew to find that post
Posted By: kiyote

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 08:49 PM

There is too much scientific and archaeological evidence out there that proves the accuracy of the bible for me to ever doubt it. Including the flood and Noah's ark.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/05/21 09:03 PM

They found noahs ark?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 12:03 AM

Some of you should by now realize that there some people that live on forums to TROLL and be negative, argumentative, confrontational, like to hear themselves spout off having "visions of grandeur" with large numbers of posts and just being an AH without giving anything positive to the discussion(s). On the other side, some people continue to "feed" that person's ego(?) by responding more than a few times to them. Food for thought guys :-)

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:18 AM

Seems like some of the worst people I've known made some of the best preachers. Glad He didn't give up on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONOknSFuVI

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:30 AM

Jesus only rebuked the self-righteous religious harshly. He came to seek and save those who are lost = sinners.
The Misseo Dei
Followers are called to this same mission.

The Apostle Paul helped the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who at Colossae understand how to act towards unbelievers = be civil.

Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.
Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

Colossians 4:4–6.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:36 AM

I wish iknew to find that post

To do what? I have repeatedly helped you by sharing with you what I believe.
Maybe you have a transference persona where you think others should think and act like you.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:40 AM

Seems like some of the worst people I've known made some of the best preachers. Glad He didn't give up on them.

Sad to say this but true, some of the best "Evangelists" have been discovered to be the best Con Men also. :-(

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by SJA

Sad to say this but true, some of the best "Evangelists" have been discovered to be the best Con Men also. :-(

Why disparage the whole by the few SJA?

Also, there have been denominations of believers who for a very long time have isolated themselves from cultures because they believed culture was corrupting.
Good thing our Lord walked right into the fray.
What would you have us do as we chat on forums and some people ask questions?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 01:58 AM

Mark, I'm not disparaging anyone or anything. Just offered a known fact. I personally could care less as to others' beliefs. I know where I stand and I'm done with this thread. . . so, as you say,

Blessings, SJA :-)

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 02:06 AM

SJA,
There have been some who fell from human grace. Sure. Sinners. Sure.
Heck, I sin every day. I will until I die.
And, I wouldn't dare venture to say who is or isn't called, regenerated, and preserved by the Grace of God.

I know I wouldn't paint all trappers with the same paint brush used by a poacher or illegal dude or dudette, so why paint followers of Christ with anyone else's brush colors?
Each person is that person.
No one else.
That's all I was sharing.
No rub meant.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 02:13 AM

Also, there have been denominations of believers who for a very long time have isolated themselves from cultures because they believed culture was corrupting.

I frequently pray for my pastor for protection so that he might not fall. He's as subject to temptation as anyone and what greater prize for Satan than to bring down a pastor through scandal.

As to Danny and his Bronze Age goat herders, that's a worn-out atheist meme. It's almost like someone has to have their unbelief reinforced by others. There's no safety in numbers when it comes to mocking God. I like Danny along his strong patriotic and pro 2nd Amendment views but I part company with him when it comes to the faith.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 09:39 AM

I dont know why the same bunch get on here, go for 3 pages of patting theirselves on the back, telling each other how pious and good they are. How much they have studied the bible and thier religion is the proper religion. That bible prophecy is coming true, that the people who have been saying it was the end times for 2000 years had it wrong now is the book of revelation coming true.

Then when someone else expresses a different view they band together and bellow like musk ox. Get mad and ask how anyone dare question them. Just go back and read the three pages of back patting and coreect interpretation. No one should ever question anything they have decided is truth

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 09:41 AM

Good point Posco. And thank you for praying for your pastor. I do likewise.
It's also important to shepherd the shepherd as pastors deal with a lot of human brokenness and sadness and it takes an emotional toll.

You nailed it.
Satan hates those who preach and teach God's Word.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 09:43 AM

Mark, i wish i could find that post to show how willing people are to accept even the most ridiculous fantasy and lies

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 09:54 AM

danny, keep looking. Keeps you up nights. wink
Your signature is pretty accurate it seems.
If you find it, what will it prove exactly?
More of your truth? I think we get that already danny.

Try this please.
Let folks on an Internet forum chat about what people on internet threads chat about without disparaging their views.
If you're able.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:01 AM

Take your own advice first

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:03 AM

I am about tostart another another 14 hour day. May have time to look in here later

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:03 AM

OK, it's early on a Friday so I'll play.
Who did I disparage?

(we should point out so folks reading realize >> we know each other. They may think we aren't trapping pals) wink

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:04 AM

Haul that rock. Don't chuck it. grin
Drive safe sir.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 07:11 PM

You would think Danny and James are best buddies. They cannot pass a thread that remotely speaks of the Gospels or any other scriptural truths. Laughable actually. They want to use their freedom of speech to disparage others freedom of religion. Shameful hypocrisy actually. LLL

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:19 PM

disparage???? Isnt that what your doing by telling fairy tales in place of my truth?

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:29 PM

danny must believe on some level; otherwise, why the need to belittle?

(I don't jump on every Wizard of Oz thread, just because there aint no flying monkeys)

come to think of it, I *DID* see a flying squirrel once...

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/06/21 10:32 PM

disparage???? Isnt that what your doing by telling fairy tales in place of my truth?

Might want to check the patent office it may already be pending, lol.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 12:47 PM

All we can do is pray for the non believers. Pray that before they take their last breath, that they ask for God’s forgiveness. We plant seeds, but not all seeds will grow .

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 01:14 PM

Some are ok not having to see everything to have faith in it while others proclaim they only believe in "what" they see. There's no such thing in total.
We all believe in things we see and all believe in things we can't see.
Never seen Asia but I believe it's there is an example.
All humans have countless of these and in fact our behavior is steered by what we see and what we have never seen.

For example, human marriage and Christian Salvation are similar as far as invisible (can't see) and visible (can see).

Marriage let's say * meeting a future mate & * wooing and courting happen
Salvation let's say *hearing the Gospel & * exploring and studying the Gospel happen

then;

Marriage "the invisible but real part happens" = * falling in love & * engagement & * counseling, mental preparation
Salvation "the invisible but real part happens" = * believing in Christ & * confession of faith & *catechism or instruction

then,

Marriage "the visible and sealed part happens" = public wedding ceremony & *marital rights and responsibilities
Salvation "the visible and sealed part happens" = public baptismal ceremony & *Christian rights and responsibilities

To discount those who believe in the Gospel of Christ as folks given to shallow, foolish, and mythical worship is to view this wondrous life backwards, upside down and inside out.
It's the opposite.
There has never been - nor will there ever be - more deep thought given to a subject than our Lord.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 02:01 PM

Faith to me isn't merely a simple belief that God exists, just a casual look around tells me there's something bigger than me out there. Faith to me is trusting the promises of God when Satan buffets me with doubt. Those fiery darts might be part of the tribulation God promised we would experience as believers.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ...

EPHESIANS 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 02:19 PM

If a swimmer is flailing in the water hand them a pole, rope, throw life preserver, tire or any floating thing.

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 03:51 PM

If a swimmer is flailing in the water hand them a pole, rope, throw life preserver, tire or any floating thing.

wink. Good imagery Foxpaw.

To my original post, most would not grab for any lifelines thinking to the bitter end, "I got this."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah - 08/07/21 03:54 PM

i really like the life line metaphor. very apt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums