Home

Beretta Bobcat

Posted By: Weatherby270

Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 12:15 AM

Anyone have one of these? I picked one up the other day, but have had trouble getting it to eject spent casings properly. So far I've only used standard velocity 40gr CCI. Any ammo recommendations?
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 01:13 AM

I have one in .22. Bought it in 1991 when I turned 21. It was my first handgun.

It's ridiculously picky about what ammo it will shoot without jamming. The only stuff I've found that works are CCI mini-mags. I've tried probably two dozen different rounds in 30 years and everything else either fails to eject, fails to load, or stove-pipes...on almost every shot.

It's also a gun that likes to have the slide oiled. But still, only mini-mags work. Not a fun gun, unfortunately.

The only cool feature is the tip up barrel, which is good because it makes it easy to pry out the stuck casings with your pen knife and to check the chamber to see why it jammed this time.
Posted By: Weatherby270

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 01:26 AM

So far, that's the experience I've had with it too. I've heard you can polish the chamber, or do this, or do that, but it seems to be a bit of a jam-o-matic regardless. I have some mini-mags, American Eagle bulk, and Winchester Super-X that I have to test in it yet.
Posted By: Jags

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 01:44 AM

I've had the same experience with mine. No joy unless you use mini-mags.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 02:03 AM

There Minx is nice. It likes CCI's too. HVHP Shorts. Wish I could find an affordable spare magazine for it. frown
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/02/21 04:23 AM

I have one.. Never have had one problem with the CCI Mini Mag or with BLAZER. Other shells I have tried have problems. Carry it in my shirt pocket. I really like and enjoy mine. Maybe I just got a good one.
Posted By: trapperEd

Re: Beretta Bobcat - 08/03/21 05:56 AM

I have been using CCI Mini Mag's in mine for years ... No problems.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums