Home

Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap)

Posted By: Hanger

Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 06:14 PM

Anyone ever heard a pig trap called the Pig Brig? Interested if any of y’all are using it. Any better than drop gate options out there.

Thanks,
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 06:40 PM

Pretty pricey for just a big net but I can see it possibly working. I'll just stick with my drop gates for the price. We are making them big enough to get a few multiple catches even on larger ones. I try not to waste them so I really wouldn't want to get more than 3 or so at a time that I'd have to skin in that Florida heat.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 06:52 PM

I’ve been eyeing to buy a drop gate kit, but this is cheaper than the local retailer wants to sell me ( jeager-pro). As of now it’s just been snares, and the heat has not been that bad high to mid 80’s with 40-60% rain all week.
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 07:06 PM

We actually caught one of the dang cows in one of ours a couple months ago. I wasn't there to watch them try to get it off the cow but I sure wish someone would've taken some pics or video. The cow had crawled into it and when the gate triggered, it stood up through the panels in the floor and was just standing there wearing the cage when my they got there. Guess we got lucky because we could've lost the cow but my ribs were sore from just seeing that picture in my head. Imagine that come walking by you..... I like the cages because I can fish or turkey hunt all day then sleep well at night while they get the pork for me!
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 07:26 PM

I like the concept but for what it costs, a gate and corral is an easy better choice. That net is not going to stand up to the abuse that hogs can dish out over time. I personally don't want to drive t post either. It appears to be pretty short as well. Hogs can jump pretty well.
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hanger
I’ve been eyeing to buy a drop gate kit, but this is cheaper than the local retailer wants to sell me ( jeager-pro). As of now it’s just been snares, and the heat has not been that bad high to mid 80’s with 40-60% rain all week.

Check out the hogg boss or build your own
Posted By: warrior

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 08:02 PM

Several pages worth of reading.

https://forum.gon.com/threads/pig-brig-trapping-system.991027/
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 09:29 PM

I use both net and drop gate traps. Both have advantages and disadvantages. After I drop the gate or arm the net it is important to get there before daylight to shoot any pigs that wont go in the trap. Always approach from the down wind side. It is also much easier to shoot the ones inside the trap before the sun comes up. To me a cell camera is just as important to monitor my nets as it is my cages. Happy twapping. That is not a Yeti caught in the last gate drop.eek
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: PSPH17

Re: Southern Boys ? (Pig Trap) - 08/04/21 09:51 PM

I just got a Jager Pro Trap. It will be delivered next week. Can’t wait to catch some pigs and see the pros and cons of it
© 2024 Trapperman Forums