Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:10 PM

Absolutely not
Posted By: charles

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:13 PM

No even beginner level.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:14 PM

Im a hobbyist that barely does gorilla welds and those pics are bad...
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:16 PM

Nope.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:27 PM

Wow
Posted By: garart

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:28 PM

Looks like someone was using MIG , and forgot to turn on the gas.😯😯
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:30 PM

laugh
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:37 PM

No and I'd be very upset if I paid for welds like that.
Now the $100,000 question...... are those your welds or did u pay for them?
Posted By: larrywaugh

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:52 PM

Heck no. Gas wasn't turned on

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

X2 if those came from a trap supply dealer I'd like to know who it was.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/05/21 11:56 PM

Did Ray Charles do that
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:06 AM

No way in.....

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:10 AM

Wait till the guy sobers up and send them back. If it was Lefty or Savell you ain't got that much time , just ask for your $ back.
Posted By: Mortz

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:11 AM

Ouch

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:14 AM

They no I'm joking and won't care even if they didnt
Posted By: Savell

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:30 AM

They no I'm joking and won't care even if they didnt

... I’ll jerk your britches down and give you a good ol country bare butt whippin with one of them meskin welded chain stakes right now ol hand ! Lol
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 12:46 AM

Have a look up in the rafters. You have a pigeon there that is crapping all over your s hooks
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 01:05 AM

Guy needs more practice
Posted By: Marathon

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:12 AM

Not my welds. I wanted to know if they were as bad as I thought they were. I take full responsibility for buying them without looking first. I was buying some things form a vendor (I won't say which one) at the PA Rendezvous, and asked the price of the chain stakes. The $ was right, so I said throw them in. I knew that I'd be redoing them once I looked at them. The chain was suspect too. Had a crack in every link. To top it off, there were only 10. Silly me. I thought it would be a doz. My mistake, but I won't make it again. The next time I buy them, they'll be from MTP! Here is a pic of my re-welds with mighty s-hooks from MTP and USA chain. I am an amateur at best. Feel free to critique my welds. [Linked Image]

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Marathon

... I take full responsibility for buying them without looking first. I was buying some things form a vendor (I won't say which one) at the PA Rendezvous....

So, you'll just let everyone else get the shaft from them? Seems it would be best to at least contact the sellers and tell them to look into it, no one should be selling junk like that. If they don't offer free repairs/replacement they should be outed.

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:23 AM

Well it isn't Savell's work then. He still thinks anything North of the Mason Dixon line is enemy territory.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:26 AM

At least there's some structural integrity to yours. Way better than what you paid for.
It's a shame that "vendor" calls himself a welder. I couldnt, by my own conscience, sell those
bubble-gummed grape bunches to a blind man with gloves. They probably didnt clean the oils off.
Do your own, cheaper that way. Yours will hold any PA critter, minus a 4-tired unit or livestock.
Lower porosity, which shows you cleaned it before the melting.
Good job on the fix.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:33 AM

Lots of reasons porosity gets in welds, no gas coverage, dirty areas to weld on, oil on the chains or S hooks, poor welding, to much stick out on the wire. Who ever welded them up used about all of them reasons LOL !

I will say this every time it comes up, non-experienced people are always trying to say you need to have gas coverage with a mig welder, this is not true, it really depends on what type of wire your using, most all solid wires require a shielding gas, however there are inner shield wires that do not require a gas coverage, all dual shield wires require it, hence the name dual with the description. Most inner shield wires will run smoother with an added gas coverage though.

Yea those make a seller look real bad if they are just starting out and want to make a go of something
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Lots of reasons porosity gets in welds, no gas coverage, dirty areas to weld on, oil on the chains or S hooks, poor welding, to much stick out on the wire. Who ever welded them up used about all of them reasons LOL !

I will say this every time it comes up, non-experienced people are always trying to say you need to have gas coverage with a mig welder, this is not true, it really depends on what type of wire your using, most all solid wires require a shielding gas, however there are inner shield wires that do not require a gas coverage, all dual shield wires require it, hence the name dual with the description. Most inner shield wires will run smoother with an added gas coverage though.

Yea those make a seller look real bad if they are just starting out and want to make a go of something

Outside of cleanliness, id bet wire "stick-out" plays a major role in a lot. Then you get into
polarities crossed with wrong innershield wire, etc, etc. So many variables with different wire-
feed applications.
Good post GritGuy.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:47 AM

I’m not a good welder, but even mine look better than that. If the seller knew about that and sold em anyways he doesn’t deserve a booth
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 02:56 AM

sick eek
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by garart
Looks like someone was using MIG , and forgot to turn on the gas.😯😯

This. Mig with no gas.
Posted By: Scott T

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 03:32 PM

That looks a lot better. They either didn’t turn on the gas or had a fan blowing right on them.
Posted By: Marathon

Re: Experienced Welders? - 08/06/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scott T
That looks a lot better. They either didn’t turn on the gas or had a fan blowing right on them.

Thanks. I'm a novice with the cheapest Harbor Freight welder ($79). I just use flux core wire. No gas on my welder. I don't want to say where I got them because I never tried to contact them to resolve the issue. I just shook my head and broke out the bolt cutters.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums