Home

“UNIMAGINABLE”

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

“UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:23 AM

“A world without elephants!”

How many times this month have you thought about elephants?
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:24 AM

O
Posted By: trapper les

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:25 AM

Are "they" still trying to revive that old frozen Mammoth DNA ?

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les

Don’t know anything about that but sounds interesting.

I just viewed a commercial and thought I’d test their claim of “Unimaginable” by seeing how often you folks think about elephants. lol

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:33 AM

Well...I dont think about shooting one, lol
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:34 AM

Never
But living in Bama you see them everywhere almost daily
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:36 AM

I think of them fairly often, would love to see a herd of African Elephants in the wild. With the rate the world population is growing I imagine large free roaming herds will largely disappear in our lifetime
Posted By: Scout1

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:41 AM

Fortunately I was able to get my kids to see one of the last Ringling Brothers circuses that had elephants. Its been about 8-9 years ago. The peta people were in full force outside explaining how they train elephants by beating them. I explained to her I'd beat the elephant as well if it didn't do as I told it. As Yosimite Sam once said "I's hates pachyderms."
Posted By: Bob

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:44 AM

Have they learned nothing from the Jurassic park series?!

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 02:46 AM

How often do you think about the DoDo Bird?
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:05 AM

I wonder what they taste like
Posted By: cotton

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
How often do you think about the DoDo Bird?

right often when reading some of the posts on tman thesedays
Posted By: Owen156

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:52 AM

The only time I think of elephants and hippos is when I go in Walmart and see those fatties with tatoos.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 04:11 AM

Since peta made all the circuses, shows and most small zoos kill off their elephants, by making them a cash liability, a world without elephants would not effect most Americans at all.

Elephant populations are booming thanks to the proceeds from controlled hunts. Since peta is stopping the hunts that pay communities to have elephants around, the elephant population has no place to go but down.

peta is the one responsible for less elephants.

Keith
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I wonder what they taste like

An African lady that was working at Animal kingdom lodge at Disney and I were talking. I said something about hunting and instantly she tried to correlated that with being a Professional Hunter. I tried to explain the difference but it was lost on her. I also said something about wondering how several different animals tast. She immediately told me all but one was good.

It seems like her level of respect went way up when she correlated I hunt to being the same as a professional hunter. I'm assuming she lived in a village that often benefits from donated meat and jobs with Hunting guided.

It was obvious she juts came over and had not been told talking about how Dumbo and Simba tast with guest and their kids while watching animals from an observation platform was off limits.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 07:37 AM

Once now
Posted By: corky

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Owen156
The only time I think of elephants and hippos is when I go in Walmart and see those fatties with tatoos.

This
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 11:42 AM

Saw wild ele’s on my buff hunting trip to Zimbabwe. Two different groups for a total of almost 20 different individuals. Would like to hunt one someday. One thing all non hunters never think about is all the elephants in the world will one day die. Just like every deer, mosquito and you and me. Actually came across an ele carcass over there that had died of natural causes.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 11:46 AM

I really don't think about them much, but would hate to see them extinct.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 11:47 AM

sure is a money maker for the anti's [ the commercial ]
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I think of them fairly often, would love to see a herd of African Elephants in the wild. With the rate the world population is growing I imagine large free roaming herds will largely disappear in our lifetime

Friday or Saturday night at Walmart is best time for viewing!!
Just ask the Texans LL or swivel!! smile
Posted By: Squash

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:09 PM

Yeah, just send them $12/ month and they will send you a stuffed elephant toy, and they will give the proceeds to Tarzan to save the elephants .LOL
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:24 PM

A herd of deer in a bean field is a little more that aggravating now days, not to mention the damage to cars and injury to people. Can't imagine living off a small garden and being invaded by a herd of elephants. For now out of sight out of mind.
Posted By: run

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:25 PM

I would like to see some elephants.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by run
I would like to see some elephants.

How big is your back yard ?
Posted By: run

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:31 PM

40 acres.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
A herd of deer in a bean field is a little more that aggravating now days, not to mention the damage to cars and injury to people. Can't imagine living off a small garden and being invaded by a herd of elephants. For now out of sight out of mind.

You’d need an excavator to dig your SSS hole.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 01:16 PM

best way to save the elephants , is to hunt the elephants , man does that get people worked up

one rich dude will buy a hunt to shoot an elephant that is practically on it's death bed he gets a set of legal ivory and the papers to go with

that hires armed guards for all the other elephants until the next rich guy gets an itch to spend a million dollars on a elephant hunt

so how is it that the antis with their fancy commercial and crowd funding not raise a million dollars , well they probably raise 5 and squander 4.9 on the payroll of people not actually guarding the elephants.

follow the money

say your the answer, beg for money , then squander the money , ask for more money , use fear marketing . I think we have seen this before
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:03 PM

I read about it

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
I really don't think about them much, but would hate to see them extinct.

If they were, it doesn’t sound like you would dwell on it.

How often does the dodo bird cross your mind?
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 03:07 PM

It should be a world without Coyotes.

I think about them plenty.

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

I read about it

Capstick, lol
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/09/21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
best way to save the elephants , is to hunt the elephants , man does that get people worked up

one rich dude will buy a hunt to shoot an elephant that is practically on it's death bed he gets a set of legal ivory and the papers to go with

that hires armed guards for all the other elephants until the next rich guy gets an itch to spend a million dollars on a elephant hunt

so how is it that the antis with their fancy commercial and crowd funding not raise a million dollars , well they probably raise 5 and squander 4.9 on the payroll of people not actually guarding the elephants.

follow the money

say your the answer, beg for money , then squander the money , ask for more money , use fear marketing . I think we have seen this before

Pete gets it.

At a certain point in its life a bull elephant stops breeding females... He isn't making little replacement elephants any more, but he's still eating, drinking, and using resources in the ecosystem. He should be culled.

It's no different than cattle. If the bull isn't making calves, he needs to be burger.

Mike
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/10/21 01:20 AM

Very interesting Pete and Mike. Didn’t realize this, never really knew how hunting them really does benefit them. Never been interested in hunting elephants or even a safari tour, for some reason it just doesn’t do much for me. But this info is beneficial, and this is why I love this forum! Keep on keepin on.

John
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/10/21 02:31 AM

If they'd a put a hunting season on for ivory-billed woodpeckers 60 years ago, we'd likely be covered up in them by now. What, with all of the habitat management the State game departments would have put towards their habitat needs.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/10/21 02:56 AM

If you like elephants, read the book Heat, Thirst, And Ivory. Those were the god ole days. Great read.
Posted By: Zim

Re: “UNIMAGINABLE” - 08/10/21 03:22 AM

Yep, and Pondoro, Last of the Ivory Hunters. My office is in Baraboo, WI, home of the Ringling Bros. Circus.
Used to see elephants all the time, in the summer they would herd them into the Baraboo River to cool off.
Once a couple of them got loose and made it about 8 miles away, couple miles from my house. That was quite
a rodeo to round them up, they found that cornfields suited them quite well and did a fair amount of damage.
As was said PETA eventually forced their removal and they are no more.

Zim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums