Home

The Majestic Bald Eagle

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 03:10 PM

Earlier at the creek this morning I watched an Osprey capture a nice fish only to be dive bombed by an Eagle.

Very majestic. lol
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 04:10 PM

white headed buzzards. highly overrated.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man

x2
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 04:25 PM

They are an amazing bird physiologically speaking.

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 04:37 PM

Funny how it made me see the Osprey as “the working man” and the Eagle as “the government”. lol
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 04:58 PM

I see a few bald eagles when they migrate thru here....spring and fall. But I haven't been able to get a good picture of one. Here's my best eagle pic, taken in June on a fishing trip to N. Sask.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Funny how it made me see the Osprey as “the working man” and the Eagle as “the government”. lol

It's called capitalism, lol!

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 05:39 PM

Not quite, if the Eagle purchased the fish from the Osprey then yes capitalism. Otherwise, it’s stealing no matter how you slice it.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Not quite, if the Eagle purchased the fish from the Osprey then yes capitalism. Otherwise, it’s LIBERALISM no matter how you slice it.

Fixed it!
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 07:43 PM

Majestic and stupid lol. We are pretty thick with them up here. They are the reason we need to set our snares a minimum of 50 meters from exposed bait. They are so stupid they will walk right onto a snare and keep pulling. I’ve had to release a few over the years
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 08:15 PM

If you wait until they stop flopping they would be easier to remove.
Posted By: charles

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 08:42 PM

Saw a bald eagle eating road kill. It flew from the road but the carrion it tried to take with it was so rotten it fell apart. I stopped to see what it was eating. The road kill was alive with maggots. Not a majestic act for our National symbol.

I’ve seen sea gulls bomb eagles in mid air to make them drop a fish.
Posted By: Squash

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man

X3
Posted By: gcs

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 11:08 PM

Here, they're fairly new, about 5 years now. They've taken to killing the osprey nestlings , then steal the sticks from the nest for home improvement.....
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/09/21 11:13 PM

There nice here because they eat the dead deer in winter when the buzzards have gone south, they do fly very neat though.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 12:16 AM

I enjoy seeing them here in the winter.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 01:08 AM

Farmers hate them as they kill their cats and chickens. I get calls quite regularly about trapping them. My response is "Federal prison is NOT part of my retirement plan!"
Posted By: MJM

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 01:11 AM

A white eagle on Chirikof Island AK, flying off the beach. I saw it about 8 different days.
[Linked Image]
After he landed up the hill.
[Linked Image]
A little closer shot through one side of binoculars
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bblwi

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 01:27 AM

More and more travel, means more and more road kill when trapping is not productive, so we should anticipate a big increase in scavengers, or for the sake of non putrid road way we get more. I have noticed around here there is much more activity around the road kill then say 10 years ago. The hot temps heat them up fast and they disappear quickly.

Bryce
Posted By: bandy

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 03:36 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 04:36 AM

I had a place loaded with squirrels. Last time I was there squirrels were gone but I saw 6 bald eagle's. I'm assuming they will eat squirrels?

Saw one while fishing and watched it smoke a mallard. It carried it up about 10 - 15' off the water then dropped it and it never came back. It was out of season and I don't think he had a duck stamp let alone the wantson wast law it broke.
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: The Majestic Bald Eagle - 08/10/21 11:00 AM

You won't see an osprey dumpster diving at a dump or stealing someone else's hard earned lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums