Home

Oregon at our finest, no more three R’s

Posted By: SpottedOwl

Oregon at our finest, no more three R’s - 08/11/21 12:30 AM

If you can’t read, do math or write, come to Oregon you’ll still get your diploma. Of course in the name of racial equality. Apparently for some races being expected to read and write is to much.

https://news.yahoo.com/oregon-governor-signs-bill-ending-154100667.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-g...roficiency-requirements-for-hs-graduates

Owl
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 12:43 AM

Then why bother going to school at all? Is it going to be just a daycare system for working Mom's? I guess instead of a diploma, you get a "Participation Trophy"! Those Oregonian Libtards are really out there!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 12:51 AM

Some fine young'uns that's gonna put into society.

The big loss here is to those kids. Not that they wont be able to read and do math, but the fact that they are being allowed to be less responsible.

Way to go Oregon! What a life tragedy for those young folks.
Posted By: RockCrick

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 12:56 AM

I think it’s more offensive that they think people of color are incapable of learning to read, write and do math at a level of proficiency.

Also, how lowering the bar to the point where you don’t need to be proficient is going to benefit anyone. Can’t read? That’s okay, you’ll still graduate, try college and see how that goes….The only ones that benefit from this are schools and politicians so they can tout how they increased the graduation rates.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 12:59 AM

Bright kids will still be bright. I personally know two self-made millionaires with an 8th grade edumacation.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:01 AM

If you haven't watched the Candace Owens/Ben Carson interview on Youtube, you should. It's great.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:05 AM

Public education is the problem --- push for charters, homeschooling and vouchers --- defund the public education system. It is very hard for me to say coming from several generations of public school teachers, but the public education system has failed us --- just like many other gov't regulated systems. I challenge anyone to come up with a system that was improved by our government.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:07 AM

LOL,That makes everyone elses legitimate diplomas worthless.

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:25 AM

What's next? Doing away with college entrance exams, SAT, etc? If not, getting into a college will be a no-go.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:27 AM

Affirmative action in school.....lol
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
What's next? Doing away with college entrance exams, SAT, etc? If not, getting into a college will be a no-go.

Exactly --- I think that Oregon has a chance of winning this "race to the bottom" although there is pretty stiff competition from cali and ny grin

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:29 AM

Lowering the standards of society improves the society how?
Posted By: Posco

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:32 AM

If leftists were consistent, they wouldn't keep kids out of Ivy League schools based on poor academic performance.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:34 AM

Dumb everyone down so big brother can take care of them
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Because of Covid and school shutdowns, I think they already did!
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 01:35 AM

It don't hurt anybody feelings that way...
Posted By: Jasper69

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 02:05 AM

I feel sorry for the good people of Oregon and Washington. One half of the left coast. I remember in the not too far past that some of the eastern Oregon counties wanted to secede and join Idaho. Great idea for the eastern Oregonians.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 02:06 AM

I smell hippies!
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Oregon at our finest - 08/11/21 02:22 AM

HS diplomas are already worthless. Collage degrees are going down the same road. Actually pretty much any degree with the word "studies" in it is worthless except for some made up government job.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums