Home

New Grocery Store

Posted By: Wolfdog91

New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 08:53 PM

Well y'all our little town is getting all fancy wait a brand new Piggly Wiggly ! And I though stuff was getting high class when the dollar general got a freezer section lol !
Seriously though it's a really nice Lil store has lots of niche things you can't find at say Walmart least not regularly.
Turkey necks ,chittlens , Gulf shrimp , whole AMERICAN catfish bulk smoked sausage and best of all a beer isle! grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:01 PM

I didn't know that Piggly wiggly was still around. Had one up here when i was a kid.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:04 PM

Love me some gizzards
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:09 PM

The name always made me giggle.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:33 PM

Piggly Wiggly is a southern store. Dolly Parton actually bought that chain of grocery stores. She also bought all the Big K's and Harris Teeter stores. The plan's are to consolidate the stores into one chain and call them Big Wiggly Teeter's!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:36 PM

I shopped at one pre 80's
Posted By: Pike River

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Piggly Wiggly is a southern store. Dolly Parton actually bought that chain of grocery stores. She also bought all the Big K's and Harris Teeter stores. The plan's are to consolidate the stores into one chain and call them Big Wiggly Teeter's!

I've always assumed it was a Sheboygan store. The one in Crivitz is great because in addition to groceries its a hardware and gun store.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 10:17 PM

Piggly Wiggly has the best prices of meat around as well as a large selection and always fresh. Almost all of my meat comes from there.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 10:21 PM

Piggly wiggly replaced Foodland here. Kinda bad about getting a boat load of milk that expires in 3 days in that they have to fire sale.
Posted By: trap master

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/13/21 11:02 PM

A DG with a freezer section and a piggly wiggly!!!! Bragger.... bunch a high falutin yuppies down there in amite county,lol.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 12:24 AM

We love our 'Pig' for its' fresh meats and fish too.
Posted By: trapperdan93

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 12:27 AM

Love me some Piggly Wiggly! Best prices on meats in these parts.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 12:36 AM

Never been to a piggly wiggly around here we just have hyvee, fareway, a couple local stores, and the gas station kwik Star which has quite a bit.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 12:43 AM

Scout1. I think that went over every ones head. I liked it laugh
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 12:47 AM

Only place I know of that you can buy pig brains for tanning.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 01:26 AM

Piggly Wiggly stores are very, very common in our area and yes they do have some really good meat specials. Good time to stock up.

Bryce
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 01:30 AM

I miss our pig-it was 5 blocks from home.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 01:36 AM

We have a Piggly Wiggly , We call it The Pig

they will let you take 50 dollars cash out when you use your debt card to pay for your purchase

so when I need cash I hit the Piggy bank

the Pig is a locally owned franchise and they get a lot of local control over what they bring in

they can also sell local products

ours brings in a lot of pork , they regularly have 1.99 a pound pork chops and 0.99 pork shoulders about 8 pounds that make a great pulled pork
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 02:20 AM

What more could you ask for, we need one on them stores in Michigan
Posted By: warrior

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 02:22 AM

Wolf, you got a good cook for them chitlins? Got to trust the cook on those. I like mine fried.
Posted By: charles

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 02:44 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=pig...590j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Posted By: ScottW

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 03:15 AM

Never been to a Piggly Wiggly and I sure don’t know what Chitltelings are and don’t know if I want to! lol. But what I do know is this is a great song you can try to aspire to now wolfie! He had a bunch of other good songs if you need some tunes for the rest of the night or tomorrow. Happy trapping! ScottW

https://youtu.be/8YJqy4szXDE
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 04:29 AM

Turkey necks great for stock. Can't find them here.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 09:32 AM

We've got a piggly wiggly here too and they're in most smaller towns of a few thousand people. I agree with the day department and GCP is right they have great deals on pork quite often. I buy a lot of boneless pork Ribeyes, usually for $1.99 to $2.99 a pound. If you haven't had pork Ribeyes on the grill you're missing out. I just got a couple of boneless pork loins for $1.69.

I don't know if anyone else has cooked pork loin this way in the oven but it's a simple recipe. Search for cooking pork loin at ,500 degrees for 5.5 minutes per pound then leave it in the oven. Super easy to do and it doesn't dry out either.
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 10:19 AM

We had a piggly wiggly in town when I was a kid. Ours even had a video rental.when mom ran to town we always wanted to go to have a chance at maybe talking her into borrowing one of them "cassette movies" from them. But ya better rewind it before you return it,there was a charge if you didnt!
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 10:26 AM

I remember the first VCR we had. It was 400$! There was no way dad was buying one until someone told him you could record football games on it lol
Posted By: run

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 02:23 PM

Nice, wolfdog 91.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 08:48 PM

Got a pig nearby in the north and south. I swing by alot of evenings and grab some reduced...grill now...meat when I plan to grill. Also the only place I can find stand up chops for grilling.

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/14/21 10:28 PM

The town of Shenandoah,VA could use a grocery store. There used to be a locally owned one but it's gone now.

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Slick Pan
Stock ? Shoot it's fine eatin!
[Linked Image]

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 02:27 AM

That food looks delicious, wolfdog 91.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
Stock ? Shoot it's fine eatin!
[Linked Image]

Not judging but if you need a knife to eat them they ain't done just saying

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 02:45 AM

Lol let the gf cook these the way she likes NV. I usually take a knife and cut off the membrane on the outside but she doesn't bother lol. Something about liking to know where all the bones are crazy
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 02:48 AM

Wolf you should smoke up a bunch of them for your next pot of gumbo or pork neck bones. That would be a great project to see you build sn offset smoker.
Posted By: Minker

Re: New Grocery Store - 08/15/21 01:22 PM

If you can eat Pork Liver , you ain't Human !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums