Home

Email I received about politics

Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:27 AM

I received this today......

You must be joking! I’ve never been a registered member but I’ve been on your site for probably the last ten years. It’s gotten more and more about politics and less about trapping and trapping related info. It’s nothing but a far right wing site. Get back to your roots. Actually enforce your rules. Maybe you’ll get more trappers and less know it all’s on here.

My response....

I'm allowing it now because of the special times we're experiencing. That boob in the white house is incompetent and his decisions have riled the ire in those of us who care about this country. I'm so (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), can't even express how I really feel.
If you don't like it, stay on this page. It's all trapping all the time - https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/25

Just letting y'all know why I'm letting the politics of this debacle continue on here.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:32 AM

Sounds like it's from someone I'm glad isn't a member, lol.

Appreciate you allowing the politics. smile
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:35 AM

You da man Boss...
Keep doing what your doing.

Donnie
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:38 AM

Thank you Paul! This needs talked about,
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:41 AM

Always some one who does not know about the rules on the pages, so many think that trapping talk is only about trapping and not our sociality on here !

They can't seem to understand that there is a trapping only forum but never can get to it either. !!

Still the best Site on the net for open dialogue about anything if your on the right page !!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:41 AM

You are doing the right thing Paul
Posted By: Marty

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:44 AM

Patriots put country first, thanks Boss.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:53 AM

You have good judgment Paul and set a good example. Both when you let it ride and when say enough. Thank you
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:57 AM

Thank you, Paul!
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:02 AM

Thank you, Paul! There are many of us that are tired of the country we live and trap in being dragged down by the ignorant group of incompetents currently calling the shots. I, for one, have reached the point I am very afraid for our great county, the U.S. A.. I find the discussions on here being both enlightening and strengthening to our American spirit. Thank you for allowing it on your wonderful website...Trapperman.

Moosetrot
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:03 AM

I used to be on site that had a specific politics and religion forum that was password protected for members only. It let everyone speak freely. Because that forum was hidden from non-members, it kept google from taking a "manual action" against the site's rankings - for allowing discussion of ideas google opposes.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:08 AM

Regardless how I feel , this is your sand box. I do appreciate your decision.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:10 AM

Perhaps the gentleman should come on, introduce himself, join the discussion and set us straight on what his ideology is. If he thinks we are all far right, maybe he can show us the errors of our ways.
Thank you, Paul.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:12 AM

Found this fitting. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:15 AM

Maybe trapping, hunting and fishing would be better if one didn't have to worry about politics, but. Keeping the sports (way of life for some ) constituents quiet and in the box is best for the anti. But people should know the end is near when they hear the dirt being thrown on the box and when you no longer can hear it, its too late. Its not just the burial of those things but the very life of freedom. Fat chance of being saved by the bell so let the bells ring now.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:21 AM

Mr Paul. I sensed all this time that was what you were feeling.

To be discerning is to value your peeps and our country.

You can imagine all the veterans who are beside themselves in grief and livid disgust. Many veterans groups are sharing the same thoughts together on these transpiring events. It helps everyone.

Thank you for your insight and forbearance.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I used to be on site that had a specific politics and religion forum that was password protected for members only. It let everyone speak freely. Because that forum was hidden from non-members, it kept google from taking a "manual action" against the site's rankings - for allowing discussion of ideas google opposes.

I'm not worried about google. It doesn't seem to have any affect on Tman.

I dedicated 24 years of my life in service to this country, so I have a vested interested in this.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:23 AM

Thank you, Boss.

I can't imagine the type of narcissism it takes to not see what has happened to our nation.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:26 AM

Thanks Paul on so many levels. That's heart felt. I'm just not the best at getting articulated very well.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:29 AM

WTG Paul you were spot on how did he not know about about trap talk not being only about trapping that seems odd unless he just wanted to control the narrative. Either way it is way it it is. America is ticked off and it’s coming out one way or another most likely.

Thanks for understanding us.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:34 AM

Thanks Paul. It's terrible to see what biden and the left are doing to our country, with the help of the media and big tech.

Keith
Posted By: Posco

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:38 AM

I come from a military family. My five older brothers, my father and myself served in every branch but the Army. The oath meant something. Galls the daylights out of me when I hear a member of whatever forum I belong to bellyaching about allowing members to share the most important beliefs they hold. I knew you had your eyes peeled, Paul. Thank you for the latitude.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:39 AM

Crickets on Facebook even the trolls are staying under their bridges only the usual top liars are heaping praise on the latest train wreck.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:42 AM

I wish all I had to worry about was low fur prices but in these times where our country is being destroyed right in front of our very eyes I think it needs discussion so people learn the other side of politics that the MSM wont report.

I also think the youth need it more than us older folks to combat the lies and hate for our country they are learning in school now. They are the next generation of lawmakers.

This site comes up on google searches quite frequently. And with most of the right leaning posters on here it wont belong before this place gets deemed a terrorist right wing training ground and shut down.

I would not be surprised if the email you received was from the FBI or DHS.

Thanks for letting us learn from each other about what news they wont report. Not many places left online or TV to get real news anymore.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:44 AM

Thanks Paul
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:48 AM

This country is on a precipice. Pray that strong men and women will guide and lead us from the edge and return this nation to the vision of the founders 2 1/2 centuries ago. Many fine men laid down their lives to keep us a free nation and as a veteran myself it pains me to see where we are today. Thanks for the venue for some political debate and perhaps providence is our best hope moving forward as one nation under God.

Chris
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:48 AM

I got involved in trapping in 1975. In 1982 I experienced fur was political. You have a choice stand by say nothing and it will disappear. Like our freedom. We all don’t have to agree. But silence is not the way. Thanks Paul. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: 330 Belisle

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:52 AM

Glad you are letting it go. Because it's better to talk it out than get all worked up.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:52 AM

Thanks for your service Paul. A lot of years serving our country.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:53 AM

Fur is very very political, look at Madana or Joan Jet or Pamela Anderson

At a time they were leading the fight.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:53 AM

Paul , and the bulk of the comments to this thread , spot on.

Agreed , there is SO much political crap going on right now that it infects everything in life.
Very hard to avoid it.

Even going to McDonald's shows you how politics effect you.
No more cheaper meals as McDonald's is affected by the $15 min wage and they can't find enough workers, it is better to stay at home and collect a check than to work.

I am trying VERY hard to stay political light on this forum , but it is very hard given current evemts.

Paul , it is your sandbox. You are managing it VERY well. IMO.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:55 AM

Some of the stuff I look at and post. I don't see as political more just topics that need to be discussed
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

You must be joking! I’ve never been a registered member but I’ve been on your site for probably the last ten years. It’s gotten more and more about politics and less about trapping and trapping related info. It’s nothing but a far right wing site. Get back to your roots. Actually enforce your rules. Maybe you’ll get more trappers and less know it all’s on here.

My response....

I'm allowing it now because of the special times we're experiencing. That boob in the white house is incompetent and his decisions have riled the ire in those of us who care about this country. I'm so (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), can't even express how I really feel.
If you don't like it, stay on this page. It's all trapping all the time - https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/25

Just letting y'all know why I'm letting the politics of this debacle continue on here.

^^^ This right here is how a true leader leads. Thank you Mr. Dobbins for putting up with us; but also having the INTEGRITY to stand up for us. It is what our country needs the most. It is so reassuring that there are a lot of good men among us. You Sir, are certainly salt of the earth!
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:03 AM

Much Appreciated!
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:03 AM

Definite troubling times and thanks for allowing all opinions and letting us know yours.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:18 AM

Thanks Paul. I think most of us on here share your feelings about special times we are in. The Afgan deal is almost beyond belief. To anyone who wore the uniform its even worse. I was out by the time we went into the country but I know good men who went, and some of them didnt come home.
Posted By: keystone

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:19 AM

God Bless America and God Bless all who have stood on the front lines defending our freedom!!!! I love this country but it’s in a bad state of affairs right now. This country cannot afford another 3 1/2 years of this nonsense.
Posted By: Spade

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:30 AM

"You must be joking! I’ve never been a registered member but I’ve been on your site for probably the last ten years."

Something smells on this guys msg to you Paul. Been on 10 years and doesn't know about the Strictly Trapping Forum, ADC Forum, Wilderness Forum, etc. Sounds like he was fishing for your feelings on the politics side of things. (I guess he got them LOL) If that person doesn't understand the Trap Talk Forum, I wonder why he been hanging around for 10 years.

All of us has a vested interest on what goes on in this country, its laws, its politics

Thanks Paul
Posted By: Boco

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:34 AM

Well done and well said Paul.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:00 AM

Sounds like somebody that was let go of this site a few years ago.
Posted By: nate

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:51 AM

Now that's a great boss man,
Posted By: James

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:53 AM

Paul:

As a former US service-member, can you say what aspect of the Afghan mess has riled you the most?

Is it the fact we're withdrawing at all? Or how that withdrawal has been mismanaged?

Seems to me we've been kidding ourselves about Afghanistan for twenty years. Our military could have occupied Afghanistan indefinitely, but would the Afghans ever be willing to stand up for themselves?

Good reply to your anonymous critic, btw.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 07:29 AM

The thing that most irks me is the mismanagement. We armed those folks with the best we had for armament with what we left behind without disabling it. There was not a coherent plan for the evacuation of our folks and those who supported us. This appears to be rushed evacuation with no clue of how to do it in a thought out plan. We don't seem to have a leader with a clue.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 08:52 AM

As a US citizen, I feel the same way.

I wonder though about the intelligence Biden was getting from the military and CIA, and who made the calculation that the Afghan army would stand. We gave them all that weaponry expecting they would use it to fight the Taliban. I don't know how advisable it would have been to try to take it all back when we left, but I hope no one was stupid enough to give our best tech to the Afghan army in the first place.

Jim
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 09:24 AM

Thanks I don’t Facebook so this site allows me to vent
Posted By: hippie

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:16 AM

Like the rest, I too am glad your the one running a site like this, there is no equal. With all the stupid that's going on around us, it needs pointed out and I thank you for allowing us to do so in times like this.

I just hope those like the author of the email come to their senses and see the big picture is more important than their political leanings.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:21 AM

I wonder if we will ever know who the decision maker was. Not the decision to withdraw but how it was to be done. It seems to me like the details of implementation lands squarely in the lap of a general. Maybe not but it seems likely.

I also wonder about the use of the word Taliban. Islam is the dominant religion so I can't help but think Taliban is simply the true believers. Outnumbering, by a bunch, the folks who supported the U.S.

Islam is against drug use. Afghan opium production was at a halt before the invasion. To garner support the opium producers were allowed to go back into business. Lots of money was flowing. None of that changed what Islam teaches. That Muslims who backslide are to be executed. that non Muslims do not deserve any respect. That lying to, and stealing from non Muslims is ok, that refusing to convert makes someone worthy of execution.

Liberals refuse to accept that Islamic culture is so different from American and European culture. Labeling anyone who tries to talk about those things as racist. So again I have to wonder who decided on the details? So many top military officers have been fired or resigned, what kind of men were left?

Sure does seem a lot like the spring of 75 to me.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:27 AM

P.S. Paul, I don't think you could run this site in a fashion that would make everyone happy. Yet you have thousands of registered people and thousands more who like to read it. I wouldn't worry much about the nay sayers. You are doing something right.
Posted By: corky

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:32 AM

Thanks Paul
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:43 AM

My response....

Polite way of telling them who runs this site. I would of gave him a two word answer.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:21 PM

Great you are giving " the family",cantankerous as they are sometimes, a place to vent. It is needed in these times.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
You are doing the right thing Paul

Amen to That

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I wonder if we will ever know who the decision maker was. Not the decision to withdraw but how it was to be done. It seems to me like the details of implementation lands squarely in the lap of a general. Maybe not but it seems likely.

It lands squarely in the lap of Biden. He could have been given the best counsel in the world but he's the one who pulled the trigger. It's doubtful he got the best advice in the world considering Milley and the current Sec. of Defense. He picked the symbolic date of Sept. 11 to have the troops out. Symbolism over substance.

We were told America is back but the British Parliament just denounced Biden. Biden has been a disaster by every measure.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:35 PM

Sounds like someone that has been booted from the site or is on the site and a coward.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

It lands squarely in the lap of Biden. He could have been given the best counsel in the world but he's the one who pulled the trigger. It's doubtful he got the best advice in the world considering Milley and the current Sec. of Defense. He picked the symbolic date of Sept. 11 to have the troops out. Symbolism over substance.

We were told America is back but the British Parliament just denounced Biden. Biden has been a disaster by every measure.

Yes, the Commander-in chief is ultimately responsible for all military operations.

The current lying, wishy-washy sack of crap apparently doesn't understand that as evidenced by his blaming of Trump, the Afghan army and any number of other excuses for the absolute debacle currently taking place.

And I don't give crap how the site libs try to spin it. Biden owns this, no one else.
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 12:56 PM

Thank you Mr. Paul. These are sketchy times for sure.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:00 PM

Good to know where you stand Paul.. Our constitution is under attack and the right to free speech is a top target... I salute you...
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:04 PM

I Love reading everyone's thoughts. We call it Freedom of Speech. Thanks for having the Best Trapping Site on the Web!
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:21 PM

Very well said. There are days I pass by the political posts because I don’t want to read them, there are days I read them all. Rarely do I respond to any posts. Most of my responses have been on non-political posts. There’s a little bit for everyone on TMan. What does drive me nuts is when someone wants to force their ways on someone else. For example, the email Paul received. This person is telling Paul how to run his site!! Thanks for your 24 years of service, yes, you have a vested interest.
BTW, KI Sawyer air base doesn’t look anything like when you were up here. Pretty run down nowadays. My uncle retired from USAF while stationed there. He and my Aunt are actually back living there in the “nicer part of town”.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:36 PM

Paul, thank you. I appreciate you allowing me to be a member on your site. Its a real honor to me.
Every single year in the 40 or so years I've been trapping, I pull out an old, worn, well-thumbed paperback of Land Sets and Trapping Techniques. It is signed by your dad, got it at a national convention after I sat through his predator trapping demo.
This book is literally my coyote and coon trapping land set Bible, period.
Your dad strolled across the field and most of us could hardly keep up with him. Cool dude.
Once and awhile if had a question back then about dirthole sets, bait, etc. And he would hand write me a response. First letter I got from him I could hardly read it. Then I learned to read it as if he was telling it to me, in his voice and tones,, and it made me smile and made perfect sense. Miss his laugh too.
I had to tape the crap out of the binding on my copy because last year it started coming apart. I still find wisdom in it even though I've read it a jillion times.
I still store my waxed dirt and other dry trap bedding materials in clean 1 gallon milk jugs and I still carry these to locations and stash them in weedy fencerows and brushpiles ahead of season, just like he taught me. Works awesome...fast remakes, simple solution to hauling around dirt when trapping on foot. Your dad knew his stuff.
I have learned a lot from others on here too. Many others. New stuff and techniques discussed all the time.
I can get on here and see pics of beaver from south and east, coyotes from midwest and Northern plains, desert cats and high mountain cats. There are far north guys with wolves, Martin, lynx, stuff we don't have in my area. I have friends on here from my area and from far away too.
The politics are generally well behaved, I dont mind them. I can always find other stuff on here if that's what I want to read.
But the real reason I am on here, and again thank you for the access, is because of our great nation and heritage. And, all the cool trappers and experiences shared. That's why I'm a member. Coolest trapping forum, period.
Thanks again Paul.
Jim

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:41 PM

Thank you for your service and the position you have taken.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE
I Love reading everyone's thoughts. We call it Freedom of Speech. Thanks for having the Best Trapping Site on the Web!

^^ This right here ^^ ....Paul gives us a pretty wide berth to express ourselves, if you get the hatchet thrown down on yourself, it's well deserved.
Posted By: Northof50

Originally Posted by Yooper1978
Very well said. There are days I pass by the political posts because I don’t want to read them, there are days I read them all. Rarely do I respond to any posts. Most of my responses have been on non-political posts. There’s a little bit for everyone on TMan.”.

I will second that motion.of Yooper's
the last 15 years has been a roller-coaster in USA politics so I have cleared aside

but he must have registered to send you a PM Paul ?

sometimes the Open Viewing of this site can cause some problems in not tracking down IT addresses
Posted By: Nessmuck

Originally Posted by James

I wonder though about the intelligence Biden was getting from the military and CIA, and who made the calculation that the Afghan army would stand. We gave them all that weaponry expecting they would use it to fight the Taliban. I don't know how advisable it would have been to try to take it all back when we left, but I hope no one was stupid enough to give our best tech to the Afghan army in the first place.

Jim

You mad Bro ? ….after all ,these are the people you voted for ,to lead our country.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:48 PM

Paul, You do an amazing job running this sight. I appreciate your time and commitment to us and trapping.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Jim

You mad Bro ? ….after all ,these are the people you voted for ,to lead our country.

Has to be anything but that is what I read just looking for anyone to blame even though Joe is still lying about what’s going on right now every time he speaks. His people are clearing things up now to cover their butts and save themselves Joe was never up to the job!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Joe is still lying about what’s going on right now every time he speaks. His people are clearing things up now to cover their butts and save themselves Joe was never up to the job!

That Biden was not up to the job was very obvious to most of us. The others who actually voted for him...not so much I guess.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:15 PM

Hail to the Chief!!!

Chief Dobbins, that is.

I really appreciate your site, and your stand.

Thank you.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:41 PM

Jim

Trump wanted our troops out of Afghanistan. He struck a deal with the Afghanis that if they would do the fighting on the ground we would provide them with air support. It is the only way they had a chance. Biden took away their air support and left them high and dry. It's no wonder why they threw down there weapons and ran.

Ol dad
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:55 PM

Thank you for your service, Paul and bless you for the work you continue to do.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 02:59 PM

Biden took away their air support and left them high and dry.

Exactly what big D did in "75"

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:01 PM

P.S. I dont think Biden is smart enough to be able to micro manage. Its the generals he picked that allowed those weapons to be captured
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:03 PM

And that is why JB has got to leave. He is the Commander in Chief

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:16 PM

P.S. I dont think Biden is smart enough to be able to micro manage. Its the generals he picked that allowed those weapons to be captured

I agree, he doesn't seem like a very smart person, especially now with whatever dementia he has had happening to him over the past several years. But, ultimately, as Commander in chief, the buck should stop with him despite his repeated, ridiculous attempts at passing the buck along.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:20 PM

I can only think of a few guys on here that are Far right. Guy must be a left wing nut job to think all the republicans on here are far right. crazy
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:20 PM

Jim

The problem with your theory is that intelligence and military personnel are coming forward and saying they told Biden this would happen. The buck stops with him. Period. It should have been apparent to anyone that Biden was having cognitive problems before the election, but its blatantly obvious to everyone now. Its getting worse quickly too. Now even his own party is turning on him. The fiasco in Afghanistan is one of the worst debacles in US history and it will have far reaching, long lasting implications.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:21 PM

Thanks Paul

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:30 PM

Jim

I just heard on the news the Taliban now have a number of Blackhawk helicopters. Don’t know if this is true but if it is, what a disaster. Nancy Pelosi said when you withdraw, you leave some “stuff” behind. I guess Blackhawk helicopters and thousand of automatic weapons are stuff to her and no big deal. And this incompetence is from the same President who wants to ban law abiding Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:36 PM

What ever came of the Northern Alliance or Mujahideen anti Taliban fighters?

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Jim

I just heard on the news the Taliban now have a number of Blackhawk helicopters. Don’t know if this is true but if it is, what a disaster. Nancy Pelosi said when you withdraw, you leave some “stuff” behind. I guess Blackhawk helicopters and thousand of automatic weapons are stuff to her and no big deal. And this incompetence is from the same President who wants to ban law abiding Americans from owning semi-automatic weapons.

The soft wear on those high tech choppers is going to be sold to the highest bidders top secret military hardware just given to our enemies Joe is a moron!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:40 PM

We shouldn't pulled out under Trump or Biden. We have special forces in Africa now, a place we never had the temerity to venture into before. We're there for the same reason...Muslim extremists. Our military is projected all over the globe and keeping some of our troops in Afghanistan wound have been money well spent. Massive mistake.

And don't give the present dolts in charge of this a second chance, they can redeem themselves on their own time. They all need to go.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:44 PM

And yes, I'm familiar with Blackhawk Down and Somalia. What we're doing now in Africa is for a much longer haul.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 03:44 PM

"John McCain: Hero at home, hawk in Middle East - Al Jazeera" Lot of McCains here.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:00 PM

https://www.rt.com/news/532764-afghanistan-panjshir-northern-alliance/

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 04:08 PM

"On Jan. 17, 1961, President Dwight Eisenhower gave the nation a dire warning about what he described as a threat to democratic government. He called it the military-industrial complex, a formidable union of defense contractors and the armed forces."

Some Veterans get it. Some don't.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:03 PM

Here's the truth, plain and simple:

If we don't take notice of the political situation in this country, there won't be any more trapping. Trapping is already on the ropes and it doesn't take a genius to understand which political forces are responsible.

If trapping is a priority for you then you have to vote like it's a priority.

I seriously doubt the previous administration was "pro" trapping. But they enacted policies at the federal level which opened up opportunities for outdoors folk like us. The current administration has allied themselves with forces who will reduce or eliminate those opportunities. And, if they have their druthers they'll enact policies which will effect trapping at the state level.

If you're tired of seeing posts about politics, quit voting for forces whose political endeavors seek to restrict or eliminate your way of life.

Quit breeding nits if you're sick of hearing folks gripe about lice.

Mike
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:03 PM

X2 thanks Paul

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

They were the freedom fighters there for a long time it seems nobody picked up the torch from there. Sad
Posted By: Scott T

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:06 PM

Well said. Thank You.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:16 PM

Just seen a post on FB some Mujahideen fighters kicked the Taliban out of some areas let’s hope they rise up and kick some butt!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:20 PM

Just seen a post on FB some Mujahideen fighters kicked the Taliban out of some areas let’s hope they rise up and kick some butt!

That was in the article I posted too. It's a current article... posted yesterday.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:24 PM

Glad to see them stepping up but now they will be fighting our weapons and that sucks.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:28 PM

If we cant talk this stuff out, there is only one path left to us, and its bloody.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 05:42 PM

Glad to see them stepping up but now they will be fighting our weapons and that sucks.

I honestly doubt they're any better than the Taliban, despite the claims they made in an attempt to get support. Just a different brand of evil.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:03 PM

I honestly doubt they're any better than the Taliban, despite the claims they made in an attempt to get support. Just a different brand of evil.

I wouldn't call the mujihadeen allies... But I don't think you'd ever have to worry about them sponsoring people to fly planes into buildings. Near as I can tell they want to be left alone... By everyone.

Mike

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

I wouldn't call the mujihadeen allies... But I don't think you'd ever have to worry about them sponsoring people to fly planes into buildings. Near as I can tell they want to be left alone... By everyone.

Mike

Ok. I honestly don't know much about them. You probably know more. It's just that their name literally translates to Islamic guerillas that engage in Jihad so I had my doubts, lol.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:35 PM

The mujihadeen freedom fighters are the ones the U.S. backed in the late 70's, through the late 80's.

Fought Russia in Afghanistan, and handed the big red bear its rear end.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:55 PM

So biteme had options, imagine that.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 06:55 PM

Arguably the best-known mujahideen outside the Islamic world are the various, loosely aligned Afghan opposition groups who initially rebelled against the government of the pro-Soviet Democratic Republic of Afghanistan (DRA) during the late 1970s. At the DRA's request, the Soviet Union brought forces into the country to aid the government in 1979. The mujahideen fought against Soviet and DRA troops during the Soviet–Afghan War (1979–1989). Afghanistan's resistance movement originated in chaos and, at first, regional warlords waged virtually all of its fighting locally. As warfare became more sophisticated, outside support and regional coordination grew. The basic units of mujahideen organization and action continued to reflect the highly decentralized nature of Afghan society and strong loci of competing mujahideen and Pashtun tribal groups, particularly in isolated areas among the mountains.[16] Eventually, the seven main mujahideen parties allied as the political bloc called Islamic Unity of Afghanistan Mujahideen. However the parties were not under a single command and had ideological differences.

Many Muslims from other countries assisted the various mujahideen groups in Afghanistan. Some groups of these veterans became significant players in later conflicts in and around the Muslim world. Osama bin Laden, originally from a wealthy family in Saudi Arabia, was a prominent organizer and financier of an all-Arab Islamist group of foreign volunteers; his Maktab al-Khadamat funnelled money, arms, and Muslim fighters from around the Muslim world into Afghanistan, with the assistance and support of the Saudi and Pakistani governments.[17] These foreign fighters became known as "Afghan Arabs" and their efforts were coordinated by Abdullah Yusuf Azzam.

Although the mujahideen were aided by the Pakistani, American, British, Chinese and Saudi governments, the mujahideen's primary source of funding was private donors and religious charities throughout the Muslim world—particularly in the Persian Gulf. Jason Burke recounts that "as little as 25 per cent of the money for the Afghan jihad was actually supplied directly by states."[18]

Mujahideen forces caused serious casualties to the Soviet forces, and made the war very costly for the Soviet Union. In 1989 the Soviet Union withdrew its forces from Afghanistan. In February 1989 the seven Sunni mujahideen factions formed the Afghan Interim Government (AIG) in Peshawar, led by Sibghatullah Mojaddedi, as an attempt for a united front against the DRA. The AIG became a failure, partly because it could not solve the differences between the factions; partly because of limited public support as it excluded the Iran-backed Shia mujahideen factions, and the exclusion of supporters of ex-King Mohammed Zahir Shah; and the mujahideen's failure in the Battle of Jalalabad in March 1989.[19][20]

In 1992 the DRA's last president, Mohammad Najibullah, was overthrown and most mujahideen factions signed the Peshawar Accords. However, the mujahideen could not establish a functional united government, and many of the larger mujahideen groups began to fight each other over power in Kabul.

After several years of devastating fighting, in a small Pashtun village, a mullah named Mohammed Omar organized a new armed movement with the backing of Pakistan. This movement became known as the Taliban ("students" in Pashto), referring to how most Taliban had grown up in refugee camps in Pakistan during the 1980s and were taught in the Saudi-backed Wahhabi madrassas, religious schools known for teaching a fundamentalist interpretation of Islam.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 07:06 PM

We fought with them yes side by side years ago primitive yes but not as radical as the Taliban they hated each other and they fight to win they don’t wear running shoes.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 09:17 PM

Im not a member here but your site sucks, pretty much what i got from reading his email, hahaha
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 09:57 PM

My response....

Paul, you do us trappers proud and you honor your father with these responses to yet another person calling for "silence!!!" SILENCE, in the land of the free, home of the brave.... just because someone's else's view is not his.

I'll never forget your father was a man who would sit and walk among many with varying ideas and he was one of my trapping heroes because he could teach his trapping methods with a big 'ol smile to whoever wanted to listen amidst all sorts of competitive banter "back in the hey day" of fur prices. Remember all those voices and all those trapping styles? grin New ones monthly it seemed.

Today people call for censorship and STOP IT and call you names if you dare not think like them.
Tiss the new America I guess.

Buck 'em as long as we can Paul!
Great job Bossman.

Blessings for who you are, what you do and how you do it.
Mark
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 10:03 PM

My response....

Well, I''ve said it before, I think there are a whole bunch of lefties that have infiltrated this site, and it hasnt caused me to leave. But your email guy thinks it's a far right site, and I think he's wrong about that. It could be farther to the right, I'm thinking.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 10:32 PM

laugh

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 10:38 PM

I smile wondering does the dude realize he's advocating censorship to someone who sacrificed for the red/white/blue freedoms?
That's a narrow focus from a 21st century censorship vessel, but seems to be the ships upon the water a lot lately.

Posted By: old_newbie

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 10:43 PM

Paul, I don't personally know you, but from my time on here I can see you are a man of convictions yet also very patient. Thank you for all you do for all of us!
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 10:49 PM

Thank you Paul!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/22/21 11:01 PM

Paul,
Donna paid some pretty pennies for the Skeeter Pee at the MI auction. Thank you for your donation and running our account about to zero!!!!
grin
Posted By: MO Ricky

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 01:58 AM

Was that sent from Terry Manley?

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Paul,
Donna paid some pretty pennies for the Skeeter Pee at the MI auction. Thank you for your donation and running our account about to zero!!!!
grin

LOL don't blame me for her bidding on that Skeeter Pee.

Originally Posted by MO Ricky
Was that sent from Terry Manley?

I don't know who that is.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:01 AM

Hahaha! He calls us a far right wing site and then Boss tells him about the “boob” in the White House. Lol!

I would say trappers are - generally speaking - right leaning.

James, even you - deep down inside - are wishing Trump was back. Lol.
Posted By: MO Ricky

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:02 AM

Oh yes you do. He goes by some numbers on here. 44somethingsomehting. Nafa agent in Indiana and Ohio area.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:03 AM

Oh yes you do. He goes by some numbers on here. 44somethingsomehting. Nafa agent in Indiana and Ohio area.

Honestly, I don't know who that is. I don't know who the NAFA agents were, except one I used many years ago, and he's dead now.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les

My response....

Well, I''ve said it before, I think there are a whole bunch of lefties that have infiltrated this site, and it hasnt caused me to leave. But your email guy thinks it's a far right site, and I think he's wrong about that. It could be farther to the right, I'm thinking.
I think you’re right, Les. It isn’t that far right here.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:30 AM

Honestly, I don't know who that is. I don't know who the NAFA agents were, except one I used many years ago, and he's dead now.

This is who he's referring to, Paul. https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/6484/4488

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:33 AM

I do recall seeing that display name, but I don't know anything about him.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 03:17 AM

This is the farthest-right place I know, real or virtual. Not everyone here is far right, but some are.

It also holds a few who think they can run the forum to their own liking.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 03:45 AM

This is the farthest right pace I know, real or virtual. Not everyone here is far right, but some are.

It also holds a few who think they can run the forum to their own liking.

Jim

If THIS is the farthest right place you know, virtually or in real life, you REALLY need to get out more, lol.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 08:46 AM

It’s center left at best but it still a GREAT site!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 11:20 AM

Wow, I sure missed a lot while I was gone! Thanks for being the "man", Paul! A mark of a true leader!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 12:32 PM

Paul instills confidence. Any of you guys familiar with Shakespeare's Hamlet will know what I mean when I mention...to give the world assurance of a man.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 01:06 PM

This is the farthest-right place I know, real or virtual.

Jim

As it should be. It is a site that supports trapping and other consumptive outdoor activities. If it were an animal rights site I suspect it would lean pretty far to the left.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 01:31 PM

My Favorite Forum…and my go to everyday ….Thanks Bossman for all you do.
Posted By: Dan Barnhurst

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:44 PM

Paul, I love this site. I'm grateful to you for maintaining it and moderating it with common sense. I see a diversity of opinions on here all the time and I love the fact opposing views are freely expressed on so many subjects. If anyone want's censorship they can stay on bookface, twits-r-us and the other favorite modes of communication of the brainwashed wokers. And thankyou for your service sir!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
My Favorite Forum…and my go to everyday ….Thanks Bossman for all you do.

X2

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 05:11 PM

I’ll say this…a site holding mostly conservatives is generally tolerant of everyone. If you go to a site where mostly left views are dominant, they’ll run you off and get vulgar real quick for your differing views. Ironic, considering they generally claim to come from the “party of tolerance.”

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/23/21 05:15 PM

^^^^ What he said.

I smile each time I read a person using their 140 characters, claiming to be conservative, calling for a person to sit down and shush.
Ah, that's not 2+2=4. grin
More like progressive math.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:05 AM

I dunno. I see a fair amount of intolerance among conservatives.

I think the intolerant can be found in both ends of the spectrum.

Jim
Posted By: Boco

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:15 AM

James-Conservative and Liberal are a matter of perspecive.It is not one or the other.The political spectrum encompasses many in between the far right and the far left.
But some on here dont get it.
I am a conservative,always vote that way.I am definitely not far right,more towards center right.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:16 AM

Jim

Generalities are just that, generalities but I absolutely do not agree with you James.
Conservatives tend to more often stand firmly planted while progressives tend to more often call for censorship.
In addition, conservatives typically argue with logic and progressives argue with emotion..
Of course there are those who claim to be conservative but actually wear progressive wolf fur.
They're just philosophyphoric wink
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:19 AM

Jim

That statement is so slimy with platitudes, I feel like I need a shower.
You need to quantify your comment.
Allow me to assist you.
10% of Conservatives tend to be intolerant.
98% of Liberals/Progressives/Marxists tend to be intolerant.
Hardly supports your implied notion of intolerance equity between the two camps.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 04:28 AM

Don't turn this into a covid thread or there will be vacations handed out.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 04:47 AM

jim[/quote]
Allow me to assist you.
Hardly supports your implied notion of intolerance equity between the two camps.
[/quote]
Have to agree with you on this one. ---- I don't really care who you sleep with, what you ingest (or inject) , or what color your neighbors house is. I don't care if you are red, black, brown, red white or blue. It is the character that matters. I respect your right to be stupid. It is your right. I may choose to associate with you (or not) - that is my choice. I do feel that I have the right for my rights not to be infringed upon by you. My beliefs haven't changed -- what is right is right. I have been exceedingly tolerant of your indiscretions. Do not take my lack of support for those as intolerance. My tolerance ends when you start infringing upon my rights.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl

Jim

Allow me to assist you.

Let''s see now: you come to a foregone conclusion based upon made-up facts. And you call me slimy.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 05:09 AM

I don't have the slightest doubt that there's more than enough rightwing intolerance right on this forum. The boss doesn't censor or judge on the basis of opinion, but there are people here who would ban me in a second if they could.

One of them even posted a thread recently begging Paul to ban me--there's a shining example of conservative tolerance for you.

Look at 52Carl above. Can't disagree with me without a personal attack.

Mark, you're selectively blind at times. But then the venom isn't directed at you, is it?

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 05:49 AM

I would estimate James is responsible for about 90% of the political friction on this site. It what he lives for.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:03 AM

And there's another wannabe censor. Mark: Are you paying attention?

Where are these tolerant conservatives you were talking about?

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:20 AM

No I don't want you censored at all. I enjoy your post playing devils advocate. You get your behind handed to you daily. Its a fun read for me.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:22 AM

Methinks the jury is not impartial.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:23 AM

I wonder how many of them post while on the job.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:40 AM

I don't know how you can stand to have employees these days.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:46 AM

"If I did it would likely just turn to a bs argument."

Yours would just be lost in an avalanche of BS arguments. LOL!

Mine among them.

Jim
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Boco

I am a conservative,always vote that way.I am definitely not far right,more towards center right.

You’re a legend in your own mind, like your conservatism. lol

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 10:48 AM

Jim

(awaking from a long winter's nap)
Huh?

He just gave his thoughts. No censorship called for.
I do believe that if I stood in front of you on this site, I'd be stoned to a pulp, but then again you do seem to enjoy stirring the soup mix often and I know you're well aware of the chuckers. smirk
I enjoy reading you and Boco taking all your incoming and still keeping on keeping on.
You two should get some of those YouTube buckaroos or pesos or lira or something for all the welts you both take!

tired grin confused
Posted By: J Staton

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 10:53 AM

Or just give them a trophy.....

[Linked Image]

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
I would estimate James is responsible for about 90% of the political friction on this site. It what he lives for.

Posted By: MNEric

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 11:05 AM

Having a liberal on his phone at work is more then I can get. Here they are all at home collecting unemployment while every business has 100 openings
Posted By: curtisd

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 11:05 AM

i just want to thank you Paul for what you do.

i dont post often but i read here everyday
appreciate what you do.

THANKS.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 11:12 AM

This thread is not for us to beat up on each other. I suggest that it stops now.
Posted By: riverratdm

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 01:09 PM

Hard to seperate politics anymore when it affects the laws we trap by.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 02:10 PM

Jim

Us far right guys are tolerant. These guys on here aren't. I have no problem letting everybody left of me wreck this country. I like to watch!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:15 PM

Tolerant here? Yeah, right.

Many of the "conservatives" here aren't even conservative. They are conspiracy driven populists who like big government and free stuff so long it is their big government handing it out to people who scream like them. There are obviously exceptions to this, but it is true for lots of the members.

This Libertarian Republican is very far right on many issues and otherwise freedom loving or ambivalent on everything else. As for a practical solution, I would be just fine if the actual conservatives took the Republican Party back.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twolines
Funny you mention that James. Nearly every employee I have is a liberal or liberal wannabe(most of them have no idea what their issue is) and I can’t keep them off their phones! Fb fb fb!....ding ding ding I hear every minute. These people couldn’t possibly be that important. But what do I know, I don’t have blue or purple hair.

Why the heck do you allow that? I would fire anybody working for me that was on their phone when they were on the clock.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
Originally Posted by Twolines
Funny you mention that James. Nearly every employee I have is a liberal or liberal wannabe(most of them have no idea what their issue is) and I can’t keep them off their phones! Fb fb fb!....ding ding ding I hear every minute. These people couldn’t possibly be that important. But what do I know, I don’t have blue or purple hair.

Why the heck do you allow that? I would fire anybody working for me that was on their phone when they were on the clock.

That is regardless of whther they are liberal or not. You came here to work, I'm paying you to work, I expect you to work. I haven't worked as a boss or had any employees in quite some time, but back when I was working as a crew chief, I fired a couple of guys for being on their phones when they were supposed to be working. This was back before smart phones were popular, they were either talking or texting. It doesn't matter what your political leanings are or what it is exactly you are doing; if you're screwing off instead of working, you're going to hit the road, as far as I am concerned.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Tolerant here? Yeah, right.

Many of the "conservatives" here aren't even conservative. They are conspiracy driven populists who like big government and free stuff so long it is their big government handing it out to people who scream like them. There are obviously exceptions to this, but it is true for lots of the members.

This Libertarian Republican is very far right on many issues and otherwise freedom loving or ambivalent on everything else. As for a practical solution, I would be just fine if the actual conservatives took the Republican Party back.

You win for funniest post of the day!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 06:44 PM

If that knucklehead is NOT a registered user, how does he post on here? Didn't you have problems some years ago with somebody else?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
If that knucklehead is NOT a registered user, how does he post on here? Didn't you have problems some years ago with somebody else?

Some years back, Paul allowed some animal rights people to interact with some of us. That was interesting. Things got a little heated at times. He finally cut it off.
It didn't take too long to realize that some of these ARs suffered from a lack of common sense.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 07:15 PM

He didn't post on here. I merely copied and pasted the email I received from him.
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 07:32 PM

You must be joking! I’ve never been a registered member but I’ve been on your site for probably the last ten years. It’s gotten more and more about politics and less about trapping and trapping related info. It’s nothing but a far right wing site. Get back to your roots. Actually enforce your rules. Maybe you’ll get more trappers and less know it all’s on here.[u][/u]

I think the bottom line has to be about his recommendation for getting back to our roots, Boone Crocket, Smith, Carson, the Mountain Men to the Green Mountain Boys, & Lewis and Clark, I think we all know where our roots come from. Some people just do not recognize quality survival skillsets when they see them. Keep up the great work Paul and all you members that recognize where you came from. I believe that every vet that was a trapper can relate to his survival skillset learned in the field which made him/her a better soldier, airmen, sailor and marine. Rednecks, cowboys, miners, bikers, construction workers, steel mill workers, law enforcement, medical personnel, the list goes on and on, its a great group to belong to. So lets raise a glass to our future and our past and the wind in our faces. They really do not want us in our roots.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 07:33 PM

K. The post he sent said he had been posting on here for 10 years without being a member. Just BS?
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 07:51 PM

Well done Mr. Dobbins. In these trying times trapperman is more reliable than a newspaper or the news. Plus you get hands on advice from Americas real trappers on TRAPPING.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 09:08 PM

K. The post he sent said he had been posting on here for 10 years without being a member. Just BS?

He said he'd been on the site for 10 years, not posting on it. You can read Tman without being a member.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 09:12 PM

He said he'd been on the site for 10 years, not posting on it. You can read Tman without being a member.

Just like Angela said.....

I’ve never been a registered member but I’ve been on your site for probably the last ten years.
Posted By: Jacob W

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/24/21 11:07 PM

I have not posted in about 3 months or logged on I still viewed all the forums just fine as a guest I truly have nothing worth posting or asking or to comment on and I was just tired of it and left. thanks paul

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:12 AM

This thread is not for us to beat up on each other. I suggest that it stops now.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:18 AM

Starting stuff and calling the teacher. Typical.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:19 AM

If this person has been lurking for 10 years and never bothered to join then who cares what he thinks.

Disclaimer; I did not read all 9 pages, read first post from the boss and skipped to here.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by furstroker

Starting stuff and calling the teacher. Typical.

You couldn't be more wrong, and your assumption made from ignorance on this makes you look foolish.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:33 AM

[Linked Image]

Nah, i dont feel foolish or ignorant, ever, around here.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:36 AM

LOL, some don't have the ability, I reckon.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:43 AM

LOL, some don't have the ability, I reckon.

Why is it, and it's your site and all naturally, do you feel like
you need to single me out? Why am i special? No one thinks
lower of themselves than I. You got me by over twenty years.
Do you feel better now? You know nothing about me.
Judgement by internet is an evil thing.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:46 AM

Because of your comment.

"Starting stuff and calling the teacher. Typical."

I would have called out anyone who said that, because it's false. He didn't notify me of anything. I just got tired of all the nastiness I was seeing between members.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:47 AM

Because of your comment.

I would have called out anyone who said that, because it's false.

He quoted you to bring it up. Come on.
D.J. gets special treatment. Peace. Im out.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:48 AM

Because of your comment.

I would have called out anyone who said that, because it's false.

He quoted you to bring it up. Come on.

That's not calling me out. That's bringing up what I said.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:52 AM

I believe he reiterated what I said to keep some of you from getting into trouble.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:55 AM

Huh? He quoted you to call attention after, once again, he draws
the ire of 95% of folks on here.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:56 AM

I suggest you move on, because my patience is growing thin.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:59 AM

Can’t believe he lasted this long!

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 04:06 AM

Well dangit. Ya got me. I dont wanna go just yet. grin
Thanks Paul.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 04:43 AM

LOL. I quoted Paul to remind myself not to retaliate.

Jim

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 01:37 PM

Well dangit. Ya got me. I dont wanna go just yet. grin
Thanks Paul.

Got a PM returned a PM
I’d rather help you then see you go really but you should meet people half way, Paul has been very generous with you try to see that to start out.

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 02:39 PM

Why is paul beating somebody up? blush
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Email I received about politics - 08/25/21 03:44 PM

It seems to me if you have a hard time with a certain post, it's real simple: Don't open it; ignore it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums