Home

George Wacha Jr.

Posted By: Jtrapper

George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 09:53 AM

Just found out he passed away, his wife Pat passed a few weeks ago. Figured some of the old timer's on here might want to know, younger one's keep staring at your utube video.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:03 AM

Another one gone. His beaver book was one of my first. Sorry to hear.

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:27 AM

beaver beaver beaver and some otter too
Posted By: Newt

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:40 AM

George was a good guy
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:45 AM

I liked him.only met him a few times but I liked him. Traded him forsome home canned beaver stew one time. Stuff was delicious.
Posted By: cotton

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:53 AM

RIP Brother
Posted By: henpecked1

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:06 AM

In my prayers, a great writer and trapper. I wrote him a letter back in the 70s as he talked about trapping beaver in the Voice of the Trapper using 220s while state hoping to the south. First letter I ever wrote to a trapper. RIP GW.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:14 AM

I always enjoyed talking with him at conventions a long time ago. He went by Gotaotter on here. Rest in peace.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:21 AM

Rip George,one of your beaver clocks is still hanging on my wall.Spent a lot of time with George at many conventions.
Tom
Posted By: micheal

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:25 AM

RIP sir
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:57 AM

Sorry to hear, may he rest in peace.
Posted By: Spade

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 12:16 PM

Gotaotter:

Talk with him almost every night on the old chat, always willing to help. George sent me some of his lures at no cost, as well as his book Beaver beaver beaver and some otter too. Super trapper and great guy.

RIP George!
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 12:22 PM

RIP George. His beaver beaver and some otter too was my first beaver trapping book .It was my bible when I was a young man.
Posted By: Boy Named Sue

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 12:53 PM

I only new the name because I have a book by him. One day I stopped at the store for a drink and a snack and this young man saw dead beaver and beaver gear in the back of my truck. He struck up a conversation about how his grandfather was a trapper, George Wacha. Small world.

RIP George.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 12:54 PM

He could figure out how to use anything mother nature grew. Kudzu jelly comes to mind first.
Posted By: River Birch

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 12:56 PM

R.I.P. George...
Posted By: Larry Hall

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 01:22 PM

Another good one gone. Loved his articles in the trapper back in the day. RIP
Posted By: GRP

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear this. I too have his book beaver beaver beaver and otter too. Always enjoy reading preseason.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 01:40 PM

May the Lord shine His Face upon and welcome George home.
Mr. Wacha was a trapper to his core and we always enjoyed his stories.
Fond memories of this man.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: lcd

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Just found out he passed away, his wife Pat passed a few weeks ago. Figured some of the old timer's on here might want to know, younger one's keep staring at your utube video.

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
beaver beaver beaver and some otter too

I have just about worn the ink off of that old beaver book. Still read it every fall getting ready for the season. Had the great honor of sitting at the table at the FBU banquet at the last NTA convention that he ever attended. I am so proud that he and Pat both got into the NTA Hall of Fame before their passing. Both so richly deserved. Thanks for posting J.
Posted By: VictorD

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 02:55 PM

I remember visiting him when I grew up in Teaneck NJ. I just remember all the muskrats on the wire shelves. I never saw so many muskrats. I think I was 13 at the time. Then he proceeded to point to a hole in the telephone on the wall. Apparently my uncle accidently discharged his 22 when my uncle was selling him furs as a kid in the 60's.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 06:17 PM

When I first joined the NTA, Don Hoyt was at the helm, and George was the general organizer. Got my membership card, was filled out by Pat., and I delt with George a number of times before he retired from the fire dept, in Teaneck, NJ. I remember asking him why he moved south, and not west at the first NTA rondy I seen him at. He said there wern't enough beaver out west! lol. The man was a gluton for punishment! lol
Rest in peace, old friend!
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 06:27 PM

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear he has passed away. I enjoyed his writtings for years.

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 10:51 PM

Putting By and Making Do column in the old Trapper pretty much summed up life around the Wacha house, he could find a use for about ANYTHING, lol.

A co worker of mine started hanging around him cause he lived nearby and then started driving George to convention's. I forget which one they went to but when they showed up back home Mrs. Pat (who actually ran things around there) was puzzled how they could already be home cause George had called letting her know they were leaving. She put two and two together and figured out my co worker drives like a maniac and never would let him drive George anywhere again, hahaha

First convention i ever attended when i was 16 he was there wearing a skunk hat and matching vest. He later told me that hat actually went to space, he somehow gave it to John Glenn who promised he would take it up with him and apparently did!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: George Wacha Jr. - 08/27/21 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear. I don't remember if I've ever read his book, but enjoyed reading this articles through the years.

Cool story about the skunk hat.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums