Craig O'Gorman, Mrs. O'Gorman and EJ Kelly

[Linked Image]

Gary Jepson and Tom Fisher
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 05:42 PM

Man, anybody under 70 show up?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 05:56 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures. And more important, thanks for identify all those grey haired guys!!
Posted By: k snow

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 06:05 PM

Makes a guy wonder what the coyote/cat head count is between all those guys.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 06:10 PM

Great to see old friends; Tom Fisher and Doug Lansburg
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 09:04 PM

I had a good time, there was a meeting with the FTA and NTA TOGETHER in the same room bringing us up to date on the latest issues we face. We ain't dead yet and I ain't done chasing these critters, even with all the "Frost" in my beard! I was surprised to see Doug, he is one of those quiet guys---hard driving trapper--him and Wilber used to chase the beaver on the spring hunt with/against Grimshaw and Olson. Miss seeing you Al bout all I do miss about NY is the people.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 09:11 PM

Thanks Tom, [Linked Image]
I only got one of you, at BBQ time.
Nice you made it up was nice to visit again.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 09:37 PM

Tom it was sure nice to meet you in person I look forward to the next chance we have to get together for another visit .

Nancy I earned each and everyone of those grey hairs , I was a single parent to two daughters who in turn blessed me with 7 grandkids which keeps me young at heart ha ha
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 10:32 PM

Straighten up Allan......
[Linked Image]
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 11:02 PM

Thanks for posting. EJ Kelley. Last time I saw EJ was when I moved to Ohio

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/27/21 11:45 PM

Tom, At least you had the guts to get out of corrupt New York State.
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 12:28 AM

I just gave up fighting with DEC. Proud that Kurt and me got DEC to rewrite the trigger reg. for otter!
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 10:47 AM

Mike Vickerson left NY also and moved to MT.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:18 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures Tom! Great to meet you! It was a great convention!

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Thanks for posting the pictures. And more important, thanks for identify all those grey haired guys!!

Hey, I dont have grey hair! Maybe its that id dont have any hair!

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:44 AM

Well EJ I'm doomed from the start since my hair was red to begin with now as you said what hair I've got left ha ha speaking of which I'm over due for another haircut .
And yes it was my pleasure to finally met you in person EJ and many others I'm looking forward to next year's Wyoming Trappers Convention !
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:57 AM

Allen I was hoping that when that hand straightened up your picture it would help but it didn't LOL. Looks like a good time and a great bunch of demos
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 12:30 PM

Nice job with the convention EJ and all the workers...looks like your line up was top notch.
Any idea where next years convention will be as I see John has his lined out already?
Hope you guys can stay in contact and sort things out so that Wyoming trappers can have the best of
both worlds.

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 12:36 PM

Did not know that Mike had moved away. He is a good man also. If I were younger I would seriously consider getting out. Always remember you Tom at the Director's meetings as being the guy with common sense.

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MChewk
Nice job with the convention EJ and all the workers...looks like your line up was top notch.
Any idea where next years convention will be as I see John has his lined out already?
Hope you guys can stay in contact and sort things out so that Wyoming trappers can have the best of
both worlds.

Thanks much MChewk! Not sure where it will be at this time. Theres been talk about keeping it in Riverton. But members would like to see it moved around the state. Yes me too. Long rows to hoe ahead of us.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 04:12 PM

Nice to be able to put a face with a name. Thanks for posting the pics.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 08:12 PM

It's nice to see the old-timers, I guess I'm getting to be one myself. But, I sure hope you have some young folks in your trapping community there, or the days of trapping in Wyoming are numbered.

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
It's nice to see the old-timers, I guess I'm getting to be one myself. But, I sure hope you have some young folks in your trapping community there, or the days of trapping in Wyoming are numbered.

We have young trappers, middle aged trappers and old trappers. just like every other state. The problem isnt not having the trappers regardless of their age. The problem is that they do not support the organizations on the state and national level. Plenty of them right here on trapper man.
Posted By: Pawbracelets7

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 10:54 PM

Good point Mr. Kelly. Say did ya run into 8 finger Bob at that ronny?

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pawbracelets7
Good point Mr. Kelly. Say did ya run into 8 finger Bob at that ronny?

HAHAHAHAHAH! Cant say as I did! I dont think he would make the trip from Kentucky!
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/28/21 11:14 PM

Hello E.J. This is Wayne Opatz. I am glad you made it to WY. The last time I seen you was at MTP. Looks like life is treating you well. Take care. Nice to see you on the Trapperman site

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/29/21 09:57 AM

Wayne! Holy smokes!!!!! Wow, 19 years ago its been. Glad to hear from you! Fun times we had at MTP.
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/29/21 11:58 AM

Any information on a news letter or anything from the Wyoming trappers association?

Scott

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/29/21 04:21 PM

Scott hopefully you'll get a chance to go to Riverton for the convention it would be good seeing you again .

Re: Wyoming Trappers Rondy pics - 08/29/21 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ScottPhillips
Any information on a news letter or anything from the Wyoming trappers association?

Scott

Scott. I brought this up at our meeting. It sounded as you and alot of other members would really appreciate the communication. So as soon as all the new members are added into the roster, Dawn (our secretary ) will be sending it to me. I will be sending out a quarterly letter to keep members in the loop. Ill try to get the first one out this fall befor we all get trapping.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums