Home

Whiskey

Posted By: SpottedOwl

Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:43 AM

What are your favorites or go to’s. Special occasion stuff. Bottle for a nice quiet evening. Bottle for a gathering or crowd.

Actually tried to search this, I think the search function isn’t working this evening.

Owl
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:47 AM

https://www.wvspirits.com/
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:47 AM

What kind of whiskey do you like? Sour mash, Rye, Bourbon, Irish, Canadian, Scotch?
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:48 AM

For casual drinking Jim Beam for me. On special occasion I like Crown Royal or Maker's Mark. Real high end stuff is wasted on me.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:55 AM

Swap the Jimmy for some Comfort and I agree with TrappingThomas
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:59 AM

I'm a cheap drunk -- Black Velvet works for me -- It didn't for a long time back in college - I couldn't even bring myself to take a drink for several years after my jr high/high school escapades.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 02:05 AM

Makers Mark. Knob Creek is a very close second.
Posted By: MoSam

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 02:22 AM

Buffalo Trace, Angels Envy or Elijah Craig are all very good. Makers 46 or Wild Turkey 101 if your after something with a little more bite to it. Evan Williams white label is a very good inexpensive bourbon
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 02:35 AM

Woodford reserve. But I seldom drink.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 02:36 AM

Very seldom have a drink anymore, special occasions ... whatever is being served. From my early years, if I recall correctly, after a few belts they all began to taste good and the women became more attractive.
Posted By: Wallace

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 02:56 AM

15 year Glenfiddich is my favorite for a special occasion.

Evan Williams for all the other times.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 03:08 AM

I’m not much of a drinker. I do sometimes enjoy a touch. Rye, sour mash, Canadian, I’m not particular other than not peat heavy. Trying to broaden horizons with smooth in the forefront. Looks like several good suggestions so far.

Owl
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 03:45 AM

[Linked Image]

When I feel like slumming it….
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 03:48 AM

[Linked Image]

Some Beaver Castor Whiskey….
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 03:50 AM

It all taste like poison. And thank heavens, if it taste like mom’s sun tea we’d be in tubble.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:00 AM

Rarely partake anymore but when I do it is a Canadian Whiskey called Forty Creek. My all time favorite is one called Tangle Ridge but I can't find it any more. I prefer both over Crown.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:05 AM

For normal drinkin im fine with a mixer of BV/ coke or pepsi or whatevers there. I used to drink bourban but now i prefer the canadians, irish or some rye. If im enjoyin a sippin whiskey it could be Crown, but more likely Pendalton or Jamison. On the rocks, let the ice melt just a touch. If you can get your hands on some bootlegged Templeton Rye out of Iowa, youll appreciate it. Had a buddy show up to my place several years ago with a 750 of that in a capt morgan bottle and he and i and another buddy (no one is under 210 lbs with the biggest at 270) got pretty well done that night. Idk what the proof is on that stuff but it definitely seems more stout than the store bought stuff.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
For normal drinkin im fine with a mixer of BV/ coke or pepsi or whatevers there. I used to drink bourban but now i prefer the canadians, irish or some rye. If im enjoyin a sippin whiskey it could be Crown, but more likely Pendalton or Jamison. On the rocks, let the ice melt just a touch. If you can get your hands on some bootlegged Templeton Rye out of Iowa, youll appreciate it. Had a buddy show up to my place several years ago with a 750 of that in a capt morgan bottle and he and i and another buddy (no one is under 210 lbs with the biggest at 270) got pretty well done that night. Idk what the proof is on that stuff but it definitely seems more stout than the store bought stuff.

You should try some Forty Creek if you can get it. I like Pendleton and Crown but I think Forty Creek is a little smoother with a little more flavor
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:35 AM

Picked up a bottle of Crown Peach to see what the hype is about yesterday. May find out tomorrow evening...
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:45 AM

At all costs, avoid something called Fighting (the other name for rooster).
Some good old boys in Festus, Missouri brought us some of that crap when we stayed overnight in their armory.
It's a miracle that we got our convoy rolling the next morning.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 05:20 AM

Can’t do Scotch, tastes like vom from the get go. Bourbon is decent, Makers etc. I like most whiskey that isn’t blended or Canadian.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

When I feel like slumming it….

Why is there a turd on your whisky glass?
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 10:42 AM

When im at the state stores in PA i look for 1792 bourbon first. If that is sold out i check for sales on Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve. Try to stay in the middle shelf and close $30. Some of the stuff on the top shelf is intentionally high priced with little to differentiate between the middlw of road bourbons. Elijah Craig is a good fall back when the others arent available. Buffalo Trace if you can find it.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 10:55 AM

I don't drink much, but I rescued a couple cases of Dewars white label scotch from the old mans house when I cleaned it out, stuff is in Quart bottles, so you get an idea of how old it is, lol

So,...thats what I drink.... grin
Posted By: charles

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 11:17 AM

I enjoy Canadian Blend, usually Canadian Club or Seagrams VO. Wife and I enjoy high end tequila shots on special occasions. This week is special.
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 11:25 AM

This was quite good.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 11:32 AM

Bird Dog
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 12:20 PM

Eagle Rare served neat. Out in the barn on a cool fall evening after skining critters
Posted By: 1crazytrapper

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 01:29 PM

Whistle pig or Blanton's for special occasions. Makers mark, Jim Beam, Jd for regular use.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:34 PM

I try not to take myself too seriously smile But, some things I do wink

[Linked Image]

And, when I do? I don't do half measures! grin

[Linked Image]

Seriously; Used to drink Jack ~ for the taste, not the image. But, one day I decided to try this Irish stuff. Straight away recognised how JD challenges you not to cough. This stuff hums you a Celtic lullaby as it Soothes its way down ye throat!

Heck, yeah! Converted on the spot! cool
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:45 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 04:52 PM

Had my last drink in late Aug of '12, haven't touched a drop since I had a spirited discussion with a "Doper" who claimed dope isn't any worse that alcohol, and I asked if it was any better.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Had my last drink in late Aug of '12, haven't touched a drop since I had a spirited discussion with a "Doper" who claimed dope isn't any worse that alcohol, and I asked if it was any better.

Subjective, at best. Happy for your abstinence, and I hope you have found recovery.
[Linked Image]

Locally made, had to wait a few years for it.
Posted By: spotter

Re: Whiskey - 08/28/21 05:20 PM

I like bourbon. Although I don’t drink much of it anymore I still have a couple favorites, Weller Antique being my favorite. Eagle Rare or Russell’s Reserve being a close second.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums