Home

Beaver job

Posted By: Tommie

Beaver job - 08/29/21 09:54 PM

I went and look at a job around 2 weeks ago , it was a pond around 1 acre not a whole lot of sign just 2 dams on the out flow from the pond and they kept damming up the drain in the pond . So I told the land owner with the amount of sign there was maybe only 1 or 2 . The landowner call and said the neighbors had caught one on his side of the fence in the drainage and shot one last night. So I thought, hey get up early go set a few and be back by 9 this morning , we’ll it didn’t work that way . I went by my oldest son house and pick him up since he told the landowner that I trap and I thought he could help since he said we would do it in this 90 degree weather . The first 2 set’s went good they was in the shade, the last ones is where the fun came in the full sun . I set the drain with a RBG and a cattle panel to narrow it down which was more work that I thought it would be , then the last one was a slide that I know better to set probably a turtle in the morning there . By the time I got done there was not a dry piece of clothing on me , I thought I was going to die of a heat stroke didn’t pass out but I was close things was getting dark and seeing a few spots . So this summer trapping in the south is for the birds. I forgot the neighbor went there last night and seen 3 different beaver swimming at the same time and I told him it he want to come back at dark to shoot some-more be my guest.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 09:57 PM

It's like in a Clint Eastwood movie Tommie here in the south.
When it looks bad, I mean real bad..... you gotta get mean. I mean real mean.
tired
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 10:08 PM

Its rough beaver trapping in the heat and humidity.

Set your alarm clock to go off well b4 daylight. Grab the first trap from your truck b4 sun comes up.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 10:12 PM

^^^^^ unless there's snakes. If snakes, turn around and get back to bed.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 10:51 PM

You can keep all the beaver that let snakes live with them.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 11:40 PM

I feel your pain. I just looked at a beaver job and the land manager wanted me to start the next day. I told him I would start after the first frost and you could see he was disappointed. I asked how long the beavers had been on the property and he replied 5 years. I told him another couple of months wasn't going to make one bit of difference, except it may keep me from getting Lymes disease.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Beaver job - 08/29/21 11:58 PM

There’s only one thing enjoyable about a Summer ADC beaver job. That would be leaking hip boots!! Lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 12:05 AM

And brook trout fishing.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 12:42 AM

Drought is good for something. I have had zero calls for problem beavers from the county this summer. I'm not complaining!
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 10:08 AM

What could these beaver be eating there was no fresh chewing anywhere to be found ?
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 11:31 AM

Grass, roots, other summer vegetables
Posted By: flash

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 03:39 PM

Just finished up one. Yep, was in and out before that big star got to high in the sky. Got a bonus to boot.......
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Beaver job - 08/30/21 04:33 PM

I feel your pain. Been killing a few here in the 90+ degree heat and it's not as much fun as doing it in November.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums