Home

Ida help.

Posted By: womper

Ida help. - 08/31/21 04:07 AM

Well , it'll be a day or two before we get there, but myself and 120 coworkers are headed towards Baton Rouge. Hopefully we can help get some of y'alls power back on. The plan is to be there Wednesday afternoon, and stay for 10 days to two weeks. We're trying to help out the companies that came and helped us with our Derecheo.
Also my nephew and about 100 of his co-workers, from a different company are coming too. They should be there some time on Tuesday. ( his company reacts a little quicker) Many others are sending linemen too, these are just the ones I know of.
Stay safe, and God Bless. Help is coming from all over.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 04:11 AM

Thank you all for your kindness.

You will be such a saving grace for them all. Stay safe.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 04:15 AM

You linemen got my respect!!!
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Agree.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 10:53 AM

Work safe, you guys are awesome.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Agree.

Agreed
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 11:06 AM

God Bless you all. Travel and stay safe.
Posted By: GRP

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 11:27 AM

God bless, and be safe. Living and farming near a 4 lane, I get a little lump in my throat whenever I see a parade of bucket trucks.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 12:12 PM

Thank y’all so much!! May God Bless y’all , and please stay safe!!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 12:30 PM

Hat off to those folks.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Ida help. - 08/31/21 01:10 PM

Watch out for any Backfeed. Stay safe and focused !
Posted By: womper

Re: Ida help. - 09/14/21 02:12 AM

On our way home. Got a few thousand people back on. We ended up in the New Orleans suburbs.
(Drove by Amite City , which I assume us in Amite County. Waved and said " Hey" out the window just
In case Wolfdog was listening.)
Was super impressed with the kindness of residents in our area. Even when I had to tell them it would
be a couple more days, due to the amount of damage, they were still way more cheerful and kind than any storm I've been on.
Had a lot of people offer to cook supper for us , even though they didnt have power. Y'all know how to cook.
We only got to sample a few things, as we had to be back to catch a bus to the hotel , but it was all delicious.
The heat and humidity was a little more than what we're used to but once they got power back to our hotel
we could at least get a warm shower and a little air conditioning. ( I don't remember 16 hour days of work and sleeping in the truck being so tough
I must be getting old)
God Bless , stay safe, and if you don't have power yet, know that my brothers( up to 20 thousand of them) are still working on it as best they can
© 2024 Trapperman Forums