Home

Idaho

Posted By: Blaine County

Idaho - 08/31/21 01:15 PM

I am in Idaho for work. I finished early yesterday and got to drive around and see some of it. Y'all have an incredibly beautiful state. It makes this Okie jealous.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 03:17 PM

So move there!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 03:33 PM

Idaho is a big state. Lots of variety when it comes to scenery.

What part of the state are you working in?

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 03:40 PM

I had a deposition in Coeur d’Alene. Once it finished, I hopped in my rental car and drove all around up north.

Everyone was nice and the scenery was amazing.
Posted By: white17

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 03:54 PM

Head down to Sunbeam and Stanley. It makes CDA look like Kansas
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 03:57 PM

I have a cousin who lives in Priest River. She visited the area and never looked back. That was a long time ago.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Which part of Kansas
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I had a deposition in Coeur d’Alene. Once it finished, I hopped in my rental car and drove all around up north.

If you would have headed south a bit, you could have stopped in and said hello. I’m 90 miles south of CDA. In the middle of a bunch of wheat fields. Total different than where you were.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 04:31 PM

Loved it there when I visited couple of years ago .
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Stanley is amazing. I almost moved there years ago. Total wilderness surrounded, log cabin town, logging, cattle ranching and outfitter country. I was offered a job from a prominent outfitter on the spot as I enjoyed breakfast in a mom/pop cafe who served wonderful breakfasts and lunch to loggers, outfitters, ranchers on long tables .

Someday I will drive back down there to visit.
Posted By: James

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 08:34 PM

Our son and his family moved to a little town called Rathdrum near Coeur d'Alene. He complains about the heat, but I guess you're used to that.

Jim

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss

If you would have headed south a bit, you could have stopped in and said hello. I’m 90 miles south of CDA. In the middle of a bunch of wheat fields. Total different than where you were.

Thank you for the offer! I would have no doubt liked that part of the state.

Headed back to the Sooner State now.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 09:09 PM

Take a boat ride up hells canyon and go sturgeon fishing.
Boat ride is almost as fun as the fishing!
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 09:27 PM

This is what amazes me about your USA! You can Drive between even the smallest parts of it, and it's like you're experiencing whole different countries and cultures grin

Then, freaking Biden!!! eek
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pest's Dad
This is what amazes me about your USA! You can Drive between even the smallest parts of it, and it's like you're experiencing whole different countries and cultures grin

Yeah, and then freakin biden! Hit the nail on the head!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pest's Dad

[Linked Image]

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 11:42 PM

Or how about this?
BTW, Texans hate to see this.
FYI, Alaska superimposed on Europe.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 11:53 PM

waggler, I always enjoyed this comparison: cut Alaska in half, and Texas would be the third largest state...

Jack
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 11:55 PM

My wife and I spent the first week of August in the Frank Church Wilderness riding horses and catching cutthroats on fly rods. It’s absolutely amazing country. It’s the kind of place that makes one stop traveling and settle down. We will definitely go back for sturgeon and golden trout. Maybe we’ll stay too…
One question for you all though. Why do so many people in Boise have blue, purple, and red hair? Sure am glad we didn’t stay in Boise long
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Idaho - 08/31/21 11:58 PM

I talked with wissmiss a few years back about moving up there. She gave me lots of good advice. But the kids, and now the grandkids, are all here. And most of the extended family has migrated back here... So I decided to stay here.

But I was looking at houses and the job market for a week or two. Such is life.

Mike

Re: Idaho - 09/01/21 12:00 AM

^^^^^^
How about "fry sauce"? There is that element too, kind of on the opposite end of the weird hair people if you know what I'm saying.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Idaho - 09/01/21 12:10 AM

When I moved to Idaho a few years ago, I was supposed to be the last out-of-stater to relocate here. It didn’t happen.
Posted By: Larry Hall

Re: Idaho - 09/01/21 01:18 PM

Stanley Idaho is the wife and I's favorite spot "out yonder" I could see living there 8 months out of the year with no issues.. Incredibly beautiful piece of our world.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Idaho - 09/01/21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hall

Stanley Idaho is the wife and I's favorite spot "out yonder" I could see living there 8 months out of the year with no issues.. Incredibly beautiful piece of our world.

Exactly. If I were ever to even consider moving to Idaho, that area is where I would look first. I just loved Stanley and the surrounding wilderness.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums