Home

Update

Posted By: BudGuidry

Update - 09/06/21 12:06 PM

Bit of cell service, in and out, looking like no power for weeks, still no sign of equipment to begin restoring power, water just a trickle but brown, living in mre and church groups, gas very hard to come by, stay in a line for 6 hours yesterday, only allowing 10 gallons per vehicle. Not looking like food will be avalible soon, all and every grocery store within hours drive destroyed, same with gas stations. Situation dire,

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:11 PM

Roads in now cleared somewhat but drive slowly, still poles and electrical lines hanging all over highway. Mre meal, same dang box menu, same 4 meals, nasty, heaters in mre dont work. Finally gathered enough tarps to cover my roof somewhat, black mold beginning to grow in ceiling tiles, sprayed with clorox to deter

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:13 PM

Buzzy, I'm got your message, cant call out , hopefully might get mailing or shipping services soon but it's only a prayer that this would happen

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:20 PM

Yesterday I hit the end, been a nut case with only thoughts is keeping my wife and kids as comfortable as possible, yesterday I dropped, fell asleep and thought I'd die, after some rest I'm about to get out of this chair and get back to survival mode to find more gas and food,, once I run out of gas for the little generator power I have I'm screwed. So I'm off to find food and gas, if I lose gas for truck I'm screwed to, I put 10 gallons yesterday in my truck, thank god for church groups handing out cleaning supplies and food, some org gave out free 20 gallons of gas yesterday straight from a tanker truck but we missed it, because of spotty cell service you get news of things delayed.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:22 PM

I'm amazed I. Able to post this now, I guess god said today I'll give you abit of comfort
I'll post more later if I can
Posted By: Page

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:44 PM

Hang in there Bud. Prayers sent

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:44 PM

I had been collecting camping gear for years, good equipment, some mountain house meals, you have no idea how this stuff comes in handy in situations like this, mostly the cooking stuff, lights, any kind of light source. But buy alot of batteries, some things we have are usb, we charge them when we do run gen. Phones, some lights some power banks, my yard around my home is a mess, I've not the ability to even begin cleaning up, when I look around I cry. Knowing I'm not able to do it and at this time I wont ask my wife and daughter to try, they are able physically but mentally we are beaten, neighbor not disabled have began clearing abit but it's slow, we have our street cleared with 3 chain saws I luckily owed, some kids came by and borrowed them to clear us out so we could get out to find gas and food, theres still good people in this world but very few, in the past eight days I've seen the idiots taking over the gene pool, despiration brings out stupidity and greed. Its heartbreaking to witness some of the things I've seen this past week. Looting is a constant threat, pitch black at night, the methheads are in paridise, my wife and I caught 3 people twice in my driveway under my carport in the dead of night, sadly first four nights we have to have one person up to gaurd what we have here. Sad I have to keep a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot near my door and sleeping with a nine at arms reach

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:52 PM

My baby girl hooked us up a dvd player to our tv last night, we got to watch a movie , it was amazing to watch a movie on tv while we ran generator a few hours, when you've been in complete darkness and silence for a week watching ridiculously paid people playing make believe on a tv screen becomes entertianing. been hot here, in the lower 90,s , it's not easy but we are surviving,
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:55 PM

Still praying for you all...
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Update - 09/06/21 12:56 PM

They should pass a law that homeowners can legally shoot anyone low enough to be looting at times like this. They don’t need to be in the gene pool. I’m sorry to hear about your conditions.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Update - 09/06/21 01:01 PM

Dang Bud I'm sorry to hear things are still rough but I'm glad you are doing ok. Prayers continue.
Vinegar also kills mold and mildew. I'd send you some camping stuff but I doubt it would get to you soon. I have a led lantern with USB ports
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Update - 09/06/21 01:24 PM

Bud, I know your internet is spotty, but if you can do it, there's a form here to request assistance from the Cajun Navy.

https://form.jotform.com/9201628922...pOBTAfEsONp8FJKcDowh64JRFK1ialrkiQ3hF9wA
Posted By: Rick Otts

Re: Update - 09/06/21 02:37 PM

I wish yall the best!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Update - 09/06/21 02:53 PM

Hang in there, Bud.
Having been through an F5 tornado that took out my childhood home I understand some of the overwhelming emotion but hang on it eventually gets better. Slow and steady wins the race, take care of your people because at the end of the day that's all that truly matters.

Meanwhile have faith that there are folks working to get you help.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Update - 09/06/21 03:48 PM

All the things that come to my mind....I surely hope the state, county, focuses help, even the Guard, on this .

Don't let any family member go outside for anything alone. Day or night. Go out by twos....always be armed.

Keep the updates coming.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Update - 09/06/21 04:06 PM

In our prayers Bud. If I didn't live clear across the country, I would try to get there and lend a hand or at least get you some supplies.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Update - 09/06/21 04:36 PM

Bud, sent you a PM. Gonna have some relief coming your way about Wednesday or Thursday. You need to let me know what you need or want to help you out and make things a little better. Gonna start shopping and getting it together today and tomorrow. Gonna try and head your way Wednesday. Anybody else that has dealt with hurricane aftermath, post some things that he could use in case he can’t get back to me. Thanks

Re: Update - 09/06/21 04:51 PM

I would think things like ready to eat canned goods would be useful. Vegetables, meats like tuna or spam, jerky, stuff like ravioli or spaghettios.... I know Bud said water is an issue so I don't know about things that require water to cook like rice or beans.

Whitetrash, is there somewhere we can paypal you money?
Posted By: trapdoc

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:00 PM

Hey Bud! I've got an extra place here in central PA if you need a place to stay. Pretty private and good neighbors, me and the animals. smile
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:06 PM

Maybe a Coleman stove and some propane ??
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Whitetrash, is there somewhere we can paypal you money?

That's a great idea, let us know white trash.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:16 PM

Water, toilet paper, paper towels, batteries, IBU , vet wrap, bleach, distilled vinegar, spray bottles, gas, candles, matches, clothes soap, Dawn soap, bar soap, bandage material , salt, sugar, pickles and juice ( for electrolytes, along with the salt and sugar), toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss....things like this.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:18 PM

I talked with Bud a little while ago, and he said he has a grill and has propane.
Posted By: Buzzard

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
Bud, sent you a PM. Gonna have some relief coming your way about Wednesday or Thursday. You need to let me know what you need or want to help you out and make things a little better. Gonna start shopping and getting it together today and tomorrow. Gonna try and head your way Wednesday. Anybody else that has dealt with hurricane aftermath, post some things that he could use in case he can’t get back to me. Thanks

Body wipes a must have ! Spent a week with my in laws after their hurricane last year

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzard

Body wipes a must have ! Spent a week with my in laws after their hurricane last year

Bud said he's using a rain barrel to take daily showers.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Bud sent me this

Re: Update - 09/06/21 05:45 PM

Bud said he has some tarps to cover his roof, but not enough. They've been keeping pans under the drips to catch the water where they don't have tarps. They're still getting lots of rain. He said his gutters are gone, and he puts the rain barrels where water is running off the roof.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 06:30 PM

Peanut butter....no refrigeration, quick source of protein and energy.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon

You got my mind workin, saltine crackers and canned sardines

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzard
Originally Posted by Sharon

You got my mind workin, saltine crackers and canned sardines

That will work well.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:27 PM

Don't let any of those wonderful tied flies get wet.

Good luck getting things back to order.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:29 PM

Skeeter dope would probably be quite handy.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:35 PM

Dang Bud wish I could help some how. Keep hanging tuff.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
Maybe a Coleman stove and some propane ??

White gas burner Coleman. They can burn gasoline in a pinch though will eventually clog the generator. Other fuels can be used as well.
Cans of white gas are less likely to be pilfered to power gasoline powered tools.
Also propane as issues burning in extreme cold.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 10:23 PM

Guess he’s got a propane bbq grill he could cook on. Will probably take him 4-5 more filled propane grill bottles. Will hit Tractor Supply tomorrow and get 4-5 more big tarps. I’m thinking 20 or so cases of water plus 20 or so frozen gallon jugs of water to help double as ice to get there. He can use for drinking water when they thaw out. Gonna see how many 5 gallon gas cans will fit in bed of truck and fill em up. Hoping about 10. Keep the gas out of trailer where food and supplies will be. Gonna be an adventure, but nothing like him or his family is going thru.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 10:30 PM

Sent you a pm , call me
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Update - 09/06/21 10:34 PM

Guess he’s got a propane bbq grill he could cook on. Will probably take him 4-5 more filled propane grill bottles. Will hit Tractor Supply tomorrow and get 4-5 more big tarps. I’m thinking 20 or so cases of water plus 20 or so frozen gallon jugs of water to help double as ice to get there. He can use for drinking water when they thaw out. Gonna see how many 5 gallon gas cans will fit in bed of truck and fill em up. Hoping about 10. Keep the gas out of trailer where food and supplies will be. Gonna be an adventure, but nothing like him or his family is going thru.

Sounds like you will wanna be ready for looters too, if they see a chance to take them supplies you may need to defend them and yourself. Be careful!

It's awesome what you are doing.

Re: Update - 09/06/21 10:55 PM

Gloves

That's the one thing I recall from the tornado. Nails, splinters and glass every where and no one seems to keep or include good leather work gloves in their daily kit. If they do it got blown away.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 02:17 AM

Ain’t nobody gonna take this stuff from me but Bud without one big square dance that you can probably see on news the next day.
Didn’t think about gloves. Wonder about assorted sizes of deck screws to put tarps on with. Duck tape?
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Update - 09/07/21 02:53 AM

Ain’t nobody gonna take this stuff from me but Bud without one big square dance that you can probably see on news the next day.
Didn’t think about gloves. Wonder about assorted sizes of deck screws to put tarps on with. Duck tape?

Are you sure the roads are clear and you can get to him? Having been through multiple hurricanes I sure feel for Bud, its a life changing experience for sure.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 03:07 AM

I think I can get to him Owen. Have a good friend working disaster clean up close to his area. Called him and he said he would help me get in to him if need be. Bud posted there are some roads open but pretty sketchy. I have got his address but am worried about cell service and trying to run gps to take me to his address. Just now thought about that.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Update - 09/07/21 03:12 AM

Print some maps out and highlight a route before you leave

Re: Update - 09/07/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by robert.d12
Print some maps out and highlight a route before you leave

I was just thinking the same…though normal landmarks, even street signs likely won’t be standing. After a storm like that, nothing will be recognizable. So a clear description of roads to turn on, then highlight the route on a map. The roads can be counted till the correct ones are found. GPS can still help , by viewing the map while driving, which will show the names of roads on approach to each one. A double check between manual counting and GPS.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 03:28 AM

Didn’t think to do that for a backup. Guess I should have paid more attention in school instead of chasing girls. Will get them printed off tomorrow and try to get the rest of the stuff gathered up. Gonna be a long day and a short night. Wouldn’t have it any other way grin
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Update - 09/07/21 03:58 AM

Everything y’all said, and solar out door lights, so he can charge them in the day and put them around the inside of his house so they can see at night. With out using power. Bug spray. Matches, ice, tire plugs and if anyone is going down there, bring a extra spare tire, lots of nails and screws, medicine , roofing nails, hygiene stuff, tarps, rope, gas, propane. Box fan. Plus can food , pet food I don’t know what he has, but someone will use it if he doesn’t. My church already been there a few times with supplies and help. You should be fine, just don’t leave your truck by itself. Thank you for helping!! To me , going through the storm was the easy part! Dealing with the aftermath is the hard part! It is very mental!! It’s not like it used to be. Bud has a long way to go. It’s not easy. I’m still dealing with it! Between new building codes and FEMA, and the high cost to repair and insurance not paying! It takes a toll on you! People will go in and act like they are contractors , and take money from people who don’t know better and leave! I could tell y’all some stories. Just Becarefull, and use your common sense, and you will be fine. God Bless!

Re: Update - 09/07/21 04:22 AM

Thanks gator foot. Didn’t think about solar light deal. How close in can you get before gas stations are closed. Want to make sure my truck is full before I start in there so I got enough to get out. Hate for someone to have to rescue me.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 04:52 AM

Ok I have a small window of cell service now. Service slowly coming back, highway 308 was closed today, la1 was opened then closed to clear to bring in heavy equipment and utility trucks, roads ok but be careful, there are still powerlines and poles poking into roadway you need to slow and avoid so you dont hit them. I have lots of drinking water, red cross and national gaurd took care of water. No good water in our faucets yet. The slight trickle we had we were notified will be cut off tomorrow. Guess they working on pipes, trees uprooted water and gas lines. Gas for gen is priority. I stay 5 hours in a line yesterday, only allowed 10 gallons per vehicle. I have a grill and lots of propane bottles. Dont panic at the sight of all the overturned boats you'll see. Alot, they have been checked for people.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 05:13 AM

There are no places to stay here, lucky to find a bathroom. Toilets in house not working, sewer system flooded. I had 2 incidents with looters, last night my best friends brother had a 2 x 4 cracked over his head by a looter. Fresh fruit, omg fresh fruit
Soft drinks but I dont drink it, for wife and daughter, coke and or dr pepper
I only drink meo water flavor enhancer, no sugar, I'm diabetic. Strawberry watermelon
A church here gave us a fresh bread today, it came from heaven or it tasted like it did
Chef boyardee, they make ravioli, I tried a can today, its potted meat wrapped in pasta hidden in tomato sauce
We've gotten the same mre box 8 days straight. Same 4 nasty something in tomato sauce
Church who gave us bread also gave us a can of spam. We ate sandwiches for supper
My outdoor frig had good hotdogs but its 2 streets away now, we can see it
We never found a 30 x 30 awning I had over my back door
Pic buzzy posted is a house that blew up 25 feet from my house, roof crashed into my house first then blew away
I finally got some bit of cell service today but spotty. I got to call my insurance company, they marked my claim urgent
Church groups helping alot, two separate churches have help me with some food and water
One gas station selling limited supply, 10 gallons each, I stayed 5 hours in line yesterday but filled cans for gen, son brought me more gas
No grocery stores open, all damaged badly
We thought we saw cvs pharmacy might be opening, seriously needed
That's about it, mind in a tailspin, when some have ask what do you need, all I can come up with is my life back. That's all I want but afriad that may never happen, my town will recover but I'm afraid it will take generations

Re: Update - 09/07/21 05:20 AM

I cant promise cell service, it comes and goes, this morning was maybe 1 hour then poof it was gone

Re: Update - 09/07/21 05:25 AM

Check weather, I heard today theres another system moving into the gulf

Re: Update - 09/07/21 05:57 AM

You're right it'll never happen, at least not as it was before. You just can't go back but it will get better. I saw everything I had known from childhood go away in one horrible night. The entire landscape was gone, landmarks I knew like the back of my hand were just gone. I watched my parents slowly but surely rebuild their lives for well over a year before you could even begin to think thing might be normal ever again.
That was 23 years ago and life goes on. Hang in there, Bud, you got alot of folks pulling for you.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 06:04 AM

Not sure if you're getting weather reports but looks like the worst of it is your going to get very wet this week. Reports say not much chance of strengthening but could dump several inches.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:16 AM

Thanks gator foot. Didn’t think about solar light deal. How close in can you get before gas stations are closed. Want to make sure my truck is full before I start in there so I got enough to get out. Hate for someone to have to rescue me.

I don’t know. Just make sure you have extra supplies for you, like he said, gas stations will have long lines and limited gas. I would hate for you to wait in line for gas and they ran out as you got to the pump. Hang in there Bud! I promise it does get better!! Like what we keep saying, how do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time! Every board you pick up, is one less board! Watch the heat, stay positive! And make sure you take all the pictures for insurance , do what you can, don’t get in a rush! You don’t need to get hurt. A small infection turns big fast! And please Becarefull with the generators! The wind can blow the fumes in your house! We lost more people after the storm than during it! Don’t let depression set in! I know that’s all you see and smell and hear, but, the chainsaws will stop , the generators will stop, and the smell will go away and trash will be picked up! It will get better! I promise! Hang in there! God Bless!

Re: Update - 09/07/21 12:06 PM

Hay Bud, I don’t know if y’all are already doing this. While you are using your generator, you can charge your boat batteries and hook up a power inverter to it at night to give y’all some extra power without the generator!

Re: Update - 09/07/21 12:09 PM

Bud if you read this, planning on being there around 4pm Wednesday, give or take an hour either direction. That’s if we don’t have any hiccups. Be watching for dark red Chevy, pulling a red enclosed trailer. Missouri plates. Try to call me (816-804-9839) text or PM me on this board.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:05 PM

I see you calling buzzy, I'm answering but you cant hear me or I you. Church group fill my gas cans today bit of food, dreadful heat here, roads are crazy coming in, heavy utility equipment blocking roads to clear and move broken poles and cables

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:07 PM

Try to pick up the ton of roofing shingles in my yard but heat hampering effort to clean up. Yes at least a ton of shingles. Its unreal, I've trailered about 500 pounds and it doesn't look like we did anything

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:15 PM

Bud, if you need any meds, if you can call them in but cannot get to pick them up, let WT88 know and he can get them on his way to you.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:43 PM

Talked to my dr today, well his nurse, my diabeties meds are due. She told me just go to hospital pharma and they will fill

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:45 PM

Ok Bud. But if you cannot get there for some reason, WT88 will surely swing by and pick them up.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:46 PM

A miracle just happened USPS truck just pulled into my driveway to deliver our mail and packages
So if anyone wants to send I'll get it
Bud guidry
130 east 132nd st
Galliano, La. 70354

Someone sent me 2 tarps and paracord, they going up
Crazy no mail boxes up, I ask her how you doing this. She said memory

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:50 PM

Buzzy I got 6 trailer loads out. Just front yard, it doesn't look like I didanything. Spots of yellow grass says I did.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 08:51 PM

grin Good things come in small and large packages !

Salute to USPS for working even in the mess in the roads.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:31 PM

Trailer is loaded except for a big cooler of beef and pork and deer that I’m leaving in the deep freezer till morning to load. Bed of truck is carrying 80 gallon of gas and a case or two of the small screw on propane cylinders. If something happens on the way down you can see the after math on the six o clock news. I probably won’t be around for the interview though. What a man won’t do for a little entertainment. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:34 PM

White Trash88-

You have quickly become what I refer to as a hero. Good on you!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:35 PM

You’ll never know the outcome of prayer!

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:39 PM

Na Moosetrot. All the heroes are dead which is a possibility with what I’m hauling in the bed. So rest assured I don’t want to be no hero. grin

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:40 PM

You need to get your butt to bed hero. You have a long day tomorrow. Good on ya for what you're doing.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:43 PM

Take lots of pictures if you think of it 88, and thanks again for what you're doing.

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:50 PM

Leave a little room to carry all the well wishes of the tman crew. Godspeed and safe travels.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Update - 09/07/21 11:55 PM

Have a good trip. We are all with you

Re: Update - 09/08/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
You need to get your butt to bed hero. You have a long day tomorrow. Good on ya for what you're doing.

No sweat boss, got cuzzin Eddy riding shotgun till I get around St. Louis which should be 4-5 hours. Then I’ma gonna turn him loose and take a little nap. Hope he don’t get to chase’n squirrels again. crazy

Re: Update - 09/08/21 12:38 AM

Will try to take a bunch of pictures and post if I don’t get caught up in the moment. Forcast is calling for good chance of rain down there. Just sumthen about my luck, I don’t have none.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Update - 09/08/21 12:52 AM

You are a good man, 88. Have a safe trip.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Update - 09/08/21 01:12 AM

What do you need that may make it quick USPS? I will pay for premium freight but may only help halfway as no service is guaranteed during these situations. Knowing what White 88 is hauling what could I send you that would help even if long term? Could send multiple packages as some may get there later then others even sent on same day. P.M. me if you want rather then post. If anyone else has been in communication with him and can answer please let me know. Bill

White 88 Godspeed! You are a good man! Keep your butt on a swivel watching your rear!!!!
Posted By: k snow

Re: Update - 09/08/21 01:30 AM

Safe travels WT88. People like you are what make this country great.

Re: Update - 09/08/21 02:43 AM

My generator blew up tonight right at dark. Feeling good I was getting help, then bam back in the bowels of (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

Re: Update - 09/08/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by BudGuidry
My generator blew up tonight right at dark. Feeling good I was getting help, then bam back in the bowels of (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. Sounds as if you have so much bad going on, it's just totally overwhelming. It's night now, and dark... nothing more you can do tonight. Say a prayer and get some sleep. You need some rest to build up some energy to look at all this again tomorrow. Hopefully in the light of day you'll find that your generator can be fixed. Still praying for you.

Re: Update - 09/08/21 02:53 AM

Buzzard called tonight saying that Bud was able to go purchase a new generator.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Update - 09/08/21 02:56 AM

Cool

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:04 AM

That generator cant be fixed. I spent 2 hours beating on it with a 10 pound sledge hammer . I would have gone beating longer but my wife came screaming ok ok it's dead.
No joke,

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by BudGuidry
That generator cant be fixed. I spent 2 hours beating on it with a 10 pound sledge hammer . I would have gone beating longer but my wife came screaming ok ok it's dead.
No joke,

Is that the new one?

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:15 AM

Broke at about 430, walked into hardware store at 455, they locked door while I was swiping the credit card
$1,030,00
10 kw, tri fuel
If this one breaks I swear I'm putting 3 rounds from a 7 mag thru the block
Something is trying to beat me but whatever it is doesn't know me well.
Note to buzzy, I'll never quit my friend, I will never ever quit
So buzzy I forgot to tell you about my first swimming adventure since I had my left foot cut off
My wife rescued me in the bayou after 2 hours of swimming , I just kept going in circles and could get back to the bank

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:18 AM

No mr dobbins, the new one is humming but the one I killed was also New. Less than 200 hours on it.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:25 AM

Don't know what load you are pulling but could be trying to pull too much. The motor or generator part quit on you? Some have a safety feature we called a Murphy switch. It was made so if got too hot or lost oil pressure it would shut down. That is addition to the regular breakers. Some the rating they print on them is the starting load it will pull which is lower then what it can do continuously.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:27 AM

How long do you think it will be , till they get everything cleaned up, and utilities restored ?

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:27 AM

I had a generator I bought for katrina, used it numerous storms, this past may we had a hurricaine come thru here, that gen began acting up so I bought a new 6800 kw generac, that's the one that blew up tonight. It had less than 200 hours on it. Likely still under warranty but I cant bring it back now.
On a side note that's really not important now, we were still cleaning up and repairing stuff from the hurricaine that hit me in may.
The storm in may the eye came right over me. During the eye the sun shines, calm as could be .35 minutes later the devil came back with a vengeance from the opposite direction
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:39 AM

Bud ,
Do you have water in the faucet? Would a gravity water filter purifier help i can order one and send it usps to? Or anything else? Mountain house meals?

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:45 AM

Canvasback, they saying 4 to 6 weeks but my home town will take generations before the destruction here is repaired, I was actually one of the fortunate, many people here, many I have know all my life, many I worked beside in the commercial shrimping industry have lost everything, when those boys coming to help me get down here they will see houses blown up and shrimping boats, pleasure boats, oil field boat bottom up all along bayou lafourche. I have a hugh black oak in my front yard, plantation oak, hugh, today it looks like a skeleton of a tree. It will never mezmorize of its beauty as it did ever again

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:53 AM

Water was trickling from faucet but brown, we lived on mountain house meals first three days until national gaurd began handing out mre. My wife treated us good tonight after the day I had, she thought I needed a good meal, we ate boiled shrimp, potatos and corn on the cob we had in freezer
I'm cooking on a burner I have on my grill or a jet boil
Heres a crazy thing, that barbecue grill I'm cooking on , big stainless steel grill, we had to go get it in the next street, wind took it from under my carport and tossed it about 150 feet. Heck i had an outdoor big frig, it's still sitting in a yard on the next street 300 feet from here.
One of the big shrimp boats here was tied. Right at the top of my street it's s
Now piled up against the bridge we cross lafourche half a mile away
100 foot trawlers are not in the bayou anymore, hundreds of feet on dry marsh land away from water now, we had 14 or 15 feet of storm surge
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:57 AM

Bud is there a fairly clean water source that you have access too. If you do the filter could work , I'll order one if you want one . Or anything else i can.

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:59 AM

We getting bottled water from gaurd and church groups bringing trucks in
9 days in, still no place to buy food
One hardware store opened under gen power, our pharmacy opened, our hospital bad damage, not open
All gas station pumps were torn from place by wind, some still have pumps standing but building blown up
It's all alot to soak in and accept when you see the distruction
Only one word discribes it
Catistrophic

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:18 AM

I'm trying to load pics around my house, it wont load, I have an inground pool with a big cabana, my pool is destroyed even cement walking area around the pool colasped. Something hit cabana and tried cutting it in half. I think it's a part of the roof from the house that exploded next to me. 30 x 30 awning behind my house over my back door, after 9 days of looking we still have not found any sign of it. Just down the bayou from me there are street with 10 to 15 homes, every single home on entire street is a pile of rubble. You cant explain it to someone. you need to see this with your own eyes to understand and then your brain still wont understand it

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:31 AM

[Linked Image]
14 houses gone, one street

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:32 AM

Imagine a tornado 75 miles wide

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:35 AM

WOW!
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Update - 09/08/21 10:05 AM

Still lay'in for you all...

Re: Update - 09/08/21 11:31 AM

It looks like it will stay south of you and on into Florida.

[Linked Image]

Re: Update - 09/08/21 01:13 PM

I heard something about that, no news here, no tv, just radio in truck but the luck we have been having wouldn't surprise me if that thing takes a left turn south of bayou lafourche
Darla reminded me it was last september we had the hurricaine that eye came over us but we did have another storm smack us this past may also
Just heard they have LA 1 blocked where to get off 90 to come down here, entergy moving equipment and replacing poles so you have to take 308 south
Looks like better cell service this morning so far
They announced a number last night, 38000 poles need to be replaced. That's alot or power poles

Re: Update - 09/08/21 01:22 PM

There's a cold front coming down that will keep it off of you, if it goes like they say. You may get a bit of relief from the 90 degree days.

[Linked Image]

Re: Update - 09/08/21 03:26 PM

Well I knew it was coming, mosquitos have invaded us. Bad, yesterday none, today clouds around you if you step outside
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:06 PM

Thermacell works wonders on skeeters for about a 5 foot radius. Thermacell
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:27 PM

ffice of Representative Garret Graves:

This morning, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that generators and chainsaws would be eligible for reimbursement:

Generators, including non-medical, need to be purchased, or rented, prior to September 25, 2021 to be considered eligible for reimbursement. Applicants need to upload their receipts to their Disaster Assistance Account for these costs to be assessed.

More details from FEMA:

Those interested in generator and/or chainsaw reimbursement from FEMA must first apply for assistance. They may do so by going online to DisasterAssistance.gov, downloading the FEMA mobile app or calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available. Lines are open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service may call 800-621-3362.

Applicants who purchase or rent a generator and/or chainsaw between Aug. 26, 2021 and Sept. 25, 2021, may be eligible to receive financial assistance for reimbursement if:

The applicant meets the general eligibility requirements for FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
The home is the applicant’s primary residence and is located in a parish designated for the Individuals and Households Program. The parishes are: Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge and West Feliciana parishes.
The generator was purchased or rented due to a disruption in electrical utility service caused by Hurricane Ida.
Proof-of-purchase or rental receipts for the items are submitted by the applicant

"Here's how to apply for generator, chainsaw reimbursement through FEMA - The Times of Houma/Thibodaux" https://www.houmatimes.com/news/her...tor-chainsaw-reimbursement-through-fema/

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:29 PM

Today update, cvs opened, gen power nothing on shelves, traffic jam
Dominoes pizza, brought trailer in gen power, traffic jam, road completely blocked
Another station open for gas, gen power, one pump, traffic jam, line over a mile, 10 gallon max
La 1 in blocked from utility replacing down broken power poles
Tom's texeco opened, gen power, no gas, repairing tires, roofing nails . I've already had to plug my tires twice on truck. Once in 4 wheeler
Hospital pharmacy opened, gen powered, drive thru only
Still no grocery store opened, national gaurd helping to get walmart opened asap. Pharmacy only opened today at walmart

Re: Update - 09/08/21 04:33 PM

Horn, been trying for days to contact fema, cant get thru
Drifter, I have 2 thermacells. New pads, mosquitos fly around it and I swear I think I hear them giggling
Also, strangely hearing everyone's generac gens are breaking, even talk someone opening Class action lawsuit, I added my name

Re: Update - 09/08/21 05:14 PM

Check your txt messages

Re: Update - 09/08/21 09:47 PM

The help should be there any minute
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: Update - 09/08/21 09:56 PM

38,000 utility poles !!! Wow
Hang in there bud , helps coming ...

Re: Update - 09/08/21 10:16 PM