Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:23 PM

POS [Linked Image]
just don't stop.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:28 PM

We're doomed.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:30 PM

People who championed this will no doubt treat other people better now that this statue has been plucked from their eyes.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:45 PM

Pitiful what is happening to us as a nation.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:45 PM

Meanwhile, my lady is out in Rhode Island touring the mansion of the largest slave trader in the history of our country. Weirdest thing??
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:46 PM

Is there a reason to visit Virginia now with all the Civil War memorabilia gone?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:55 PM

BLM-the American Taliban.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
People who championed this will no doubt treat other people better now that this statue has been plucked from their eyes.

You can count on it I'm sure.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 02:12 PM

mad
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 02:13 PM

My ancestors fought for the Union during the Civil War. One was killed at Cold Harbor. Another was twice wounded. Despite my feelings about that war, it is part of the south's history, like it or not, and removing these statues is shameful, just to appease BLM.
Posted By: flash

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 02:30 PM

Hey Richmond is and will still be known as the Confederate Capital of the South.......... Democratic's have destroyed our way of life here. Shameful how fast Blackface turned his back on the rest of the Commonwealth.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 04:03 PM

Heck I bet 99.9% of the people in the US didn't know that statue was there !! I didn't . If you don't know it even exist how is it hurting you ??
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by flash
Hey Richmond is and will still be known as the Confederate Capital of the South.......... Democratic's have destroyed our way of life here. Shameful how fast Blackface turned his back on the rest of the Commonwealth.

Maybe Montgomery should petition to take that title away from ya if y'all gonna keep letting them tear your statues down, lol.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
BLM-the American Taliban.

X2
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
My ancestors fought for the Union during the Civil War. One was killed at Cold Harbor. Another was twice wounded. Despite my feelings about that war, it is part of the south's history, like it or not, and removing these statues is shameful, just to appease BLM.

Nazism is part of Germany's history. Surely you don't think that all the Nazi symbolism erected in the 40s should still be standing, right? Surely you wouldn't say it's a shame that all the Nazi symbolism is gone, why is this any different? I agree that the civil war and Lee are a part of our history and shouldn't.ve forgotten. Same with Nazism in Germany.....it's a part of their history and shouldn't be forgotten. But, in both cases, statues to honor the heros of either movement seem more than a little bit inappropriate.
Posted By: 330 Belisle

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 04:38 PM

Take down Obama's he's restarted this whole race war against whites and non whites
Posted By: Marty

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:35 PM

sick

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:42 PM

I feel relieved there is no more racism in the country.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:47 PM

Maybe they will put another one of that Floyd guy in its place
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Surely you wouldn't say it's a shame that all the Nazi symbolism is gone, why is this any different?

Extreme comparisons like this are disgusting and why our history is being erased, to appease the small minority. Who is going to argue in favor of Nazism? What would happen if one did argue in favor of the Nazism side of this comparison? Last I knew the Confederacy wasn’t about extermination and world domination. If you were as smart as you think you are you’d know the difference yourself and wouldn’t continue propagating the divide in this country or drivel you just spewed out.

Owl
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Heck I bet 99.9% of the people in the US didn't know that statue was there !! I didn't . If you don't know it even exist how is it hurting you ??

They feel they are exercising their new "POWER" and making a statement by wiping the historical record clean. This has been a common practice of almost all dictators throughout history.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by SpottedOwl
Surely you wouldn't say it's a shame that all the Nazi symbolism is gone, why is this any different?

Extreme comparisons like this are disgusting and why our history is being erased, to appease the small minority. Who is going to argue in favor of Nazism? What would happen if one did argue in favor of the Nazism side of this comparison? Last I knew the Confederacy wasn’t about extermination and world domination. If you were as smart as you think you are you’d know the difference yourself and wouldn’t continue propagating the divide in this country or drivel you just spewed out.

Owl

The confederacy was formed, in the words of the seceding states, to protect the institution of slavery. Those aren't my words, those are the words in the documents those states submitted when they gave their reasons for secession. They explicitly said they wanted to protect their right to own slaves. The confederate constitution enshrined the right to own slaves, and in fact took away the rights of their states to eliminate slavery.
So is forming a country for the explicit purpose of protecting the institution of slavery any better or worse than extermination and world domination? Even if it's better, is it worth having statues to commemorate the "heros" of that country?

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:56 PM

Nazism is part of Germany's history. Surely you don't think that all the Nazi symbolism erected in the 40s should still be standing, right? Surely you wouldn't say it's a shame that all the Nazi symbolism is gone, why is this any different? I agree that the civil war and Lee are a part of our history and shouldn't.ve forgotten. Same with Nazism in Germany.....it's a part of their history and shouldn't be forgotten. But, in both cases, statues to honor the heros of either movement seem more than a little bit inappropriate.

NOT an equal comparison by any reasonable standard.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 05:58 PM

loosebowel, you can kiss my southern arse with your hateful fascist bull crap.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:02 PM

Any student of "REAL" history knows that the civil war was fought over States Rights, and slavery even though it was rapidly disappearing at that time was part of the States Rights issue. Being able to determine your own course of action and not being dictated to.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:04 PM

now the whole nation is enslaved to a few big urban area swaying the election results thru fraudulent means....

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

They feel they are exercising their new "POWER" and making a statement by wiping the historical record clean. This has been a common practice of almost all dictators throughout history.

They may be celebrating now but they ain’t gonna like the new statues going up in a few years. lol

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
now the whole nation is enslaved to a few big urban area swaying the election results thru fraudulent means....

They gotta eat.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:09 PM

Nailed it

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:13 PM

Hobbie , thats what I have been saying for a long time now. Stop feeding them . They will then find out how little calories there are in brave facebook comments and that food does not grow in those little styrofoam trays.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:14 PM

I fully agree with 330 Belisle. The Obama's were responsible for starting this race issue.I strongly disagree with loosebowel. His comparisons do not hold up. When the south seceeded from the Union it was to protect their economy and way of life. Please don't get me wrong, I think slavery was a terrible thing. The war was to preserve the Union and I believe it to be a black mark on our history. However, hundreds of thousands of good men, from both sides died. It is our history and appeasing some groups is nothing more than political BS.
Nazism on the other hand was led by a fanatic for world domination. I know of no statues or memorials to honor that cause.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:26 PM

If the army would admit it today is doubtful but at one time General Lee was considered the finest field commander to have ever graduated from West Point.
Many forget his prior career. Graduated head of his class West Point, not a single demerit on his record.
Trained as an engineer he was responsible for to helping design many of the the coastal fortifications of his time.
Served in the Mexican American War, much of that time as a forward scout going around and behind enemy lines to map the terrain. Many credit this alone as the reason the US Army was able to march overland from Vera Cruz to Mexico City wining every engagement along the way.
Served as Commandant of West Point.
Commanded the party of marines that captured John Brown and retook Harper's Ferry Arsenal.
Offered command of the Union Army by Lincoln.
Did not seek command of the Confederate Army nor any major command instead accepting President Davis' request to serve as his military advisor.
Personally opposed to slavery.
Posted By: Craig C

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:32 PM

Educate yourself on the life of Robert E. Lee and you will find he was a great man in everyway.

The fact is Robert E. Lee never wanted any statures put up in his honor!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:41 PM

If they take Bobby Orr’s statue down a the Boston Gaahden....there’s gonnah be trouble
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Maybe they will put another one of that Floyd guy in its place

Yes. With him holding a gun to the belly of a pregnant woman.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:47 PM

That. oBama statue wood (would ) make and excellent scent post.....any one making them in like 18 inches tall....I’d start trapping coyotes and get out of the water for that.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 06:56 PM

I am in agreement with Loosegoose as far as the statues honoring Confederate generals needing to be removed from public places (other than historical landmarks). They never should have been put up in the first place. However, I don't like it being driven by BLM. Instead, I'd like to see it done by the citizens of the southern states via referendum. If the majority votes to leave them up, so be it.

The idea that slavery was on the way out in 1860 and that the Civil War was only about state rights is pure fantasy. You can argue otherwise but historical documentation will not support your arguments. The south had no intention of giving up slavery and totally rejected the idea of slavery dying a slow death in the cotton states. As an example, Southern politicians pushed an attempt to buy Cuba from Spain to create another slave state. They also supported insurrection in Nicaragua in the hope of making it another slave state with the goal of spreading insurrection in central america for the same purpose.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:03 PM

A time capsule is replacing the statue. In has among other things a magazine article featuring the George Floyd story!

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
A time capsule is replacing the statue. In has among other things a magazine article of the George Floyd story!

I’m thinking that’s not going to bring in a lot of tourism dollars. Residents better get ready to open their wallets for a little more taxes. lol

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:20 PM

Any student of "REAL" history knows that the civil war was fought over States Rights, and slavery even though it was rapidly disappearing at that time was part of the States Rights issue. Being able to determine your own course of action and not being dictated to.

That's interesting.....why do you suppose the CSA didn't allow their states to get rid of slavery (per the CSA constitution) if that's what they wanted? If they were so big on states rights, why didnt they allow their states to decide for themselves on the issue of slavery? Why did the CSA decide to put a clause in their constitution that said their states could t get rid of slavery, instead of giving their states the right to determine their own course of action?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:23 PM

I will gladly place all the monuments that are getting taken down on my farm. Unfortunately I don't have the right connections or financial means to do so

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:26 PM

You would definitely be the most popular farm in the country if you could.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:28 PM

Just curious, where are these statues going? How are they being "disposed of"??

Would be interesting to see that statue on ebay in 50 years sell for 10 or 15 million, lol
Posted By: Posco

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:35 PM

I live way up here in northern Maine and there is a Civil War monument in the center of town. They're all over Maine. Kids are going to get just half the story.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 07:42 PM

Only way to preserve our history is to vote the jerks out that would try to hide our history. There is a reason there is the right, it’s because they ARE!
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 08:40 PM

Yep

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 08:40 PM

Let me ask all you loosebowel types a question.

What specifically do you find so objectionable about American historical slave practice that you are willing to castigate and shame a broad section of your compatriots today, compatriots they had no part in the actions you decry, yet not one word towards the existence of slavery today much less any actual action in opposition.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 08:58 PM

I knew this was coming. It's not about you.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Let me ask all you loosebowel types a question.

What specifically do you find so objectionable about American historical slave practice that you are willing to castigate and shame a broad section of your compatriots today, compatriots they had no part in the actions you decry, yet not one word towards the existence of slavery today much less any actual action in opposition.

The energy of the self-righteous tendencies just escalated with social media. It's always been easier to see the flaws in others rather than look in the mirror.
The revisionists can feel good about themselves when they post a blog, or pic, or screen shot with, "Look at me standing against _______ in the name of _________ " < insert the word "me" at the end.

Wish they'd just go home and take a good look;
In the mirror.
Under the rug.
In their own fridge.

And focus on fixing that 1st.

But they won't.
They'll just find another "something else."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:33 PM

This seems like an appropriate place for someone to post the John Hale Band's I Am A Rebel Soldier.
(I'd do it myself if'n I knew how)

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:37 PM

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:44 PM

Here's are some little understood historical facts.

Slavery has existed from time immemorial to present day.
Slavery has existed in all cultures in all parts of the inhabitated world.
All races, nationalities and cultures have been enslaved or slave holder at various times through history.
The human race has practiced slavery longer than than it has not.

Again I ask, what makes American slave practice particularly heinous?

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:48 PM

I am of the opinion that the ruckus over the civil war era, whether names, or statues, or anything else is a smokescreen.
Like all the progressivism bent on destroying this civil society does.
Draw you over here, as they work over there.

First of all, these no-nothings doing the tear it downs, are idiots. They couldn't spell Robert E. Lee or Thomas Jefferson.

The civil war was the most devastating time in our nations history. Brother against brother. And more. Horror in our land. Regardless of what side.
Those days are now 160 years in the past.

If you hate this land and the people in it, what would you do.
Same as people ALL do. Open old wounds.

That's what these Soros idiots are being told to do. Open America's deepest wounds and make her people HATE each other again.
I like northerners and I Southerners. And I like white and dark and brown and yellow.
I admit I'm not warm on these hater idiots but my carnal side is not made righteous in this life.... wink
Resist the division the pawns try to evoke.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:51 PM

The Russians are doing it!

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 09:59 PM

Russia has done everything but buy fur from us.

Like I said, backwards.

Those Slavs have to be just about freezing by now. grin
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:02 PM

Just more B.S. IMO

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:14 PM

Posted By: rex123

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:25 PM

The difference was brother against brother to save what at that time was there way of life. Hitler wanted the world to fall before the German race.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
I am of the opinion that the ruckus over the civil war era, whether names, or statues, or anything else is a smokescreen.
Like all the progressivism bent on destroying this civil society does.
Draw you over here, as they work over there.

First of all, these no-nothings doing the tear it downs, are idiots. They couldn't spell Robert E. Lee or Thomas Jefferson.

The civil war was the most devastating time in our nations history. Brother against brother. And more. Horror in our land. Regardless of what side.
Those days are now 160 years in the past.

If you hate this land and the people in it, what would you do.
Same as people ALL do. Open old wounds.

That's what these Soros idiots are being told to do. Open America's deepest wounds and make her people HATE each other again.
I like northerners and I Southerners. And I like white and dark and brown and yellow.
I admit I'm not warm on these hater idiots but my carnal side is not made righteous in this life.... wink
Resist the division the pawns try to evoke.

Blessings!
Mark

Nailed it

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:42 PM

American slavery was particularly heinous to me because I'm an American. Slavery in other countries is a problem for the people that live in those other countries to confront.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 10:48 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 11:16 PM

If the army would admit it today is doubtful but at one time General Lee was considered the finest field commander to have ever graduated from West Point.
Many forget his prior career. Graduated head of his class West Point, not a single demerit on his record.
Trained as an engineer he was responsible for to helping design many of the the coastal fortifications of his time.
Served in the Mexican American War, much of that time as a forward scout going around and behind enemy lines to map the terrain. Many credit this alone as the reason the US Army was able to march overland from Vera Cruz to Mexico City wining every engagement along the way.
Served as Commandant of West Point.
Commanded the party of marines that captured John Brown and retook Harper's Ferry Arsenal.
Offered command of the Union Army by Lincoln.
Did not seek command of the Confederate Army nor any major command instead accepting President Davis' request to serve as his military advisor.
Personally opposed to slavery.

Lee was a great man, soldier, leader and tactician. However..... Even he was opposed to erecting monuments for the confederacy.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 11:51 PM

It's easy for people to sit back and say the statues and memorials should be taken down. It's harder when you add the human aspect in.

Have any of you heard of the University Grays? Excepting 4, every single student of the University of Mississippi joined the Confederate army. They all became Company A of the 11th MS Infantry, also known as the University Grays. They fought in many battles before that fateful day at Gettysburg. When the Grays charged the entrenched Yankees on Cemetery Hill they made it further beyond enemy lines than any other unit. And they suffered 100% casualties.

Do you want to look into the eyes of a young Ole Miss student whose great great Granddad was also an alumnus of the same school he's going to, that went off to war and never came home, that the stained glass window pictured below that was made in memory of his great great granddad and his friends that all died there, should be taken down because your opinion is that his relative fought on the wrong side?

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/08/21 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
It's easy for people to sit back and say the statues and memorials should be taken down. It's harder when you add the human aspect in.

Have any of you heard of the University Grays? Excepting 4, every single student of the University of Mississippi joined the Confederate army. They all became Company A of the 11th MS Infantry, also known as the University Grays. They fought in many battles before that fateful day at Gettysburg. When the Grays charged the entrenched Yankees on Cemetery Hill they made it further beyond enemy lines than any other unit. And they suffered 100% casualties.

Do you want to look into the eyes of a young Ole Miss student whose great great Granddad was also an alumnus of the same school he's going to, that went off to war and never came home, that the stained glass window pictured below that was made in memory of his great great granddad and his friends that all died there, should be taken down because your opinion is that his relative fought on the wrong side?

[Linked Image]

Most of these Godless heathens tearing down statues don't even know who their daddy's are much less their grandfathers.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:05 AM

American slavery was particularly heinous to me because I'm an American. Slavery in other countries is a problem for the people that live in those other countries to confront.

There is an estimated 650,000 slaves in the United States of America today and more are being brought across the Southern border each and every day.
What are you doing as an American about today's slavery in this country ?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:12 AM

Well it's a good thing it was over over a hundred years before you were born. If not I'm not sure how you could handle it.

For some reason it dose not bother me at all. It's over and done with. Well kind of now there are a lot of v welfare slaves. But that's not dictated by race.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:14 AM

Don't anyone tell loosebowel that democracy arose in ancient Athens, a slave state.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:42 AM

Don't anyone tell loosebowel that democracy arose in ancient Athens, a slave state.

Loosestool would be funnier if you're trying to make a diarrhea joke.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:43 AM

Why have a statue up to celebrate the losing team?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by 330 Belisle
Take down Obama's he's restarted this whole race war against whites and non whites

Absolutely

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by 330 Belisle

Absolutely

Not entirely his fault. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made good livings off race baiting.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

Who said we lost?
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:04 AM

You can remove all the statues and symbols, but you can't change past history no matter how you try to rewrite it!
Posted By: James

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:16 AM

All races, nationalities and cultures have been enslaved or slave holder at various times through history.

You just succeeded in making yourself look more foolish--which is hard to imagine, given some of your previous pathetic posts. So Southern slavery wasn't so bad because other people did it? You're despicable.

Jim

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:17 AM

For Savell...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: James

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:17 AM

Loosegoose is correct on every count.

Jim

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by James

You just succeeded in making yourself look more foolish--which is hard to imagine, given some of your previous pathetic posts. So Southern slavery wasn't so bad because other people did it? You're despicable.

Jim

Well. You done been told.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Scott__aR
You can remove all the statues and symbols, but you can't change past history no matter how you try to rewrite it!

Their goal isn't to rewrite history, their goal is to rewrite the country. The world. Leftists are on the march.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:27 AM

^ yup they B marching and the right is sitting on their hands....they have lots of momentum.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

First off I never defended AMERICAN slavery. Get that right, AMERICAN not just southern. Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware slave states all remained in the union. Chattel slavery was LEGAL in the UNITED States.

Facts are facts and that is all I pointed out you pathetic despicable worm.

So I repeat, what made AMERICAN slavery worse than the historical norm?

Did we castrate boys to make eunuchs like the muslims?
Sacrifice them to our gods like the Aztecs?
Chain them to their oars like the Romans?

Spit it out.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:31 AM

Here you go Yote ... the latest from my dear Momma ... she’s gone to rootin around on Dads side now lol

...I ain’t aloud to share my thoughts in here I’d imagine ....lol

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:33 AM

Does the US Calvary have any monuments at little bighorn?

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by JOCO1995

Does the US Calvary have any monuments at little bighorn?

Yes. And they need to be removed. Someone somewhere is surly offended.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:41 AM

Who said we lost?

General Lee said you lost, when he surrendered at Appomattox.
[Linked Image]
Notice who's flag is in the background. It's ain't the CSA's flag.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:44 AM

I'm not. History is what it is and there's not a man alive that can change it. Lee was a US man a long time before he was a CS man and tearing him down proves nothing.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:44 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:47 AM

... and now this is your prize... congrats Yanks lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:55 AM

Savell wasn't he a texan?

Sure wish you guys would have kept him down there

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:57 AM

... well he might not have made the cut if it weren’t for y’all yanks

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:59 AM

Truth in that

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:02 AM

.. when are y’all going to give up on reconstruction by the way .... it ain’t working lol

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:03 AM

... or should I say it’s working too well ?
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:11 AM

Erasing history is bad. Erasing culture is bad. Succumbing to the social media mob is bad. This whole exercise is woke nonsense that will have real consequences. The guilt driven whites cheering for the removal of statutes are not going to like how this ends. Spend some time in Atlanta or Houston and you will know real quick what I mean.

I am going to put a fresh coat of paint on my lawn jockey this weekend to balance out the universe.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:13 AM

Follow the money, a lot of people are making a living of all of this. JMO

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:08 AM

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
Here you go Yote ... the latest from my dear Momma ... she’s gone to rootin around on Dads side now lol

...I ain’t aloud to share my thoughts in here I’d imagine ....lol

[Linked Image]

Neat! Well, not that he got caught and died. But neat knowing the history. I think the thought you shared with your mom sums up your thoughts here nicely, lol.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:13 AM

No one won that war. Not the south, not the north, and surely not the blacks.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:20 AM

... from all the griping and moaning I see on this site from y’all up north hands makes me think y’all want to rebel against things a big government is trying to force on y’all.... almost makes me think you might be “rebels” lol

... say y’all were wrong and if it weren’t for sheer numbers and supply lines y’all would be in better shape about now

..... Go on and admit it lol

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:34 AM

It's a slight of hand.

More slaves in America today then there was when the blue fought the grey.
Sex and indentured both are growing in numbers.
These categories aren't called "slaves." That sounds harsh. Society doesn't like that word because a statue might need to come down .... so it's called "trafficking."
2017 stats from UofTexas were 80,000 sex slaves and 235,000 indentured slaves IN TEXAS alone.
More every day.

Tear another statue down.
Enslave busload of humans in 2021.
There are dedicated people fighting hard every day over trafficking and people like statue tearer downers are a MAJOR hindrance to their efforts for various reasons.
Melody (don't remember her last name) from UT-Austin spoke at out chapel a couple years ago and it was eye opening.
She said the sex trade is escalating at an incredible rate and those trafficked into the sex and porn industry then ruin everything they touch.
Our culture is enslaved to so many things that are killing us and our kids.
But tear down another statue.

Sure,
We don't even fight over the right stuff anymore.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:10 AM

Oh, I wish I was In The Land Of Cotton...........
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:19 AM

Most of those sex slaves are really drug addicts. Pimp keeps them high till their physical decline prevents them bringing him enough profit. Then they get by on roller dogs and motel rooms for awhile then become homeless and eventually die in the street. Thats the reality no one wants to talk about
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:30 AM

The problem with free markets and free people is crime and poverty. Less freedom and no free markets wont slow that any but people think laws can change it. The bottom line is some people are born with a proclivity to laziness and or a desire to prey on others. Laws cant change that
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 12:04 PM

Democrats hate statue's worse than the Taliban, oh i forgot they are both on the same team.

We'll all be living under a Chinese flag anyway so it doesn't matter.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 01:40 PM

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:12 PM

I'm still waiting to hear from someone actually harmed or that can cite a single differentiating factor in the American version of a practice that has long been the historical norm of humanity.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:24 PM

I'm still waiting to hear from someone actually harmed or that can cite a single differentiating factor in the American version of a practice that has long been the historical norm of humanity.

What actual harm comes to you by removing the statue? (Besides your southern pride, of course.)

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 02:40 PM

Erasing my history. To a man my direct patrilineal line fought for their liberty on the side of Alabama from Shiloh to Spanish Fort. On my maternal line they fought from Manassas to Petersburg under Lee.

And yes I'll trot that old saw that they were not slave holders, or at least 99% of them. My paternal line has always been landowners of land so poor that it barely kept them fed much less a slave. Mama's folks were much the same though some were in business and most notable was one who did in fact own the proverbial cotton plantation. They in contrast to my father's side fared much worse losing almost everything. Some built back, many didn't and some even share cropped land they once owned.
We still own that poor dirt on Dad's side.

What you and most of the modern woke fail to understand in your pursuit of the eternal hedonistic now is that our individual lives are of no real import save that in what we preserve for our progeny. It is my desire to pass to my heirs the same freedoms and liberties that my forefathers fought to preserve.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:07 PM

Um.......if your ancestors fought for the south, they didn't fight for freedom. Maybe they fought for what they viewed as *their*freedom, but they certainly didn't fight for the freedom of *all* southerners. The CSA codified slavery into their constitution, and if the south had won, slavery would have been the law of the land in the CSA. That's the exact opposite of freedom. Anyone who fought for the south fought for a country that wanted to make it illegal for a state to ban slavery.....the exact opposite of states rights.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:23 PM

Erasing my history. To a man my direct patrilineal line fought for their liberty on the side of Alabama from Shiloh to Spanish Fort. On my maternal line they fought from Manassas to Petersburg under Lee.

And yes I'll trot that old saw that they were not slave holders, or at least 99% of them. My paternal line has always been landowners of land so poor that it barely kept them fed much less a slave. Mama's folks were much the same though some were in business and most notable was one who did in fact own the proverbial cotton plantation. They in contrast to my father's side fared much worse losing almost everything. Some built back, many didn't and some even share cropped land they once owned.

What you and most of the modern woke fail to understand in your pursuit of the eternal hedonistic now is that our individual lives are of no real import save that in what we preserve for our progeny. It is my desire to pass to my heirs the same freedoms and liberties that my forefathers fought to preserve.

Sounds like you're a lot better off under the union than your relatives were under the confederation..

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:46 PM

Every time I read another story about folks on a warpath, rage, rant, vent or any other display of anger, Wayne Cordeiro's quote comes to mind;

Seldom are your critics actually disappointed in you. They are usually disappointed in themselves, their circumstances, or God. You are simply a convenient target.

Tear down another statue. It won't help anything.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:50 PM

I would save the Union. ... If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. Abraham Lincoln

Don't kid yourself Lincoln's war was as much about the north's economic stranglehold on the south as our own economic interests.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Sounds like you're a lot better off under the union than your relatives were under the confederation..

Only because we held faith to our land not an ideology.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 04:56 PM

Taking down statues is peanuts to what the "woke" are up to.

Check out the warnings our National Archives just put up.

https://www.archives.gov/research/reparative-description/harmful-content

How long until our Constitution and Bill of Rights is just too offensive to allow read????

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

How long until our Constitution and Bill of Rights is just too offensive to allow read????

What is that phrase about doomed to repeat it?
Posted By: hippie

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

What is that phrase about doomed to repeat it?

The last set of answers say it all...what are they dong to address it?
Their answer says in layman's terms...rewriting it.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 05:49 PM

the nara statement is very disconcerting.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 06:26 PM

A true American hero that mercifully showed restraint towards the rebs.

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 06:29 PM

So, the north would have been the more liberal group......and they had no problems destroying the south to win......there may be a lesson there somewhere.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

[Linked Image]

You've got to be joking!
Posted By: BandB

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 09:35 PM

Um.......if your ancestors fought for the south, they didn't fight for freedom. Maybe they fought for what they viewed as *their*freedom, but they certainly didn't fight for the freedom of *all* southerners. The CSA codified slavery into their constitution, and if the south had won, slavery would have been the law of the land in the CSA. That's the exact opposite of freedom. Anyone who fought for the south fought for a country that wanted to make it illegal for a state to ban slavery.....the exact opposite of states rights.

This argument makes no sense. If they codified it in there Constitution, then they all agreed to it. Hence, that was supporting "their" states rights. You need to find a better argument.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

[Linked Image]

You've got to be joking!

Imagine how much longer and lives lost if he didnt embark on his drive to the sea. War should be terrible to prevent it from happening. After all....
The rebs started it by attacking Sumter. Even Georgians were thankful and appreciative of Sherman when he returned to Atlanta in 1871.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher
[Linked Image]

You need to stop with all that propaganda. whistle
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:43 PM

Interesting Op Ed

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/534248-robert-lee-virginia-monument/

From the article......

Eisenhower also considered Robert E. Lee “one of the supremely gifted men produced by our nation ... selfless almost to a fault … noble as a leader and as a man, and unsullied as I read the pages of our history.”

“From deep conviction, I simply say this: a nation of men of Lee’s caliber would be unconquerable in spirit and soul,” Eisenhower continued. “Indeed, to the degree that present-day American youth will strive to emulate his rare qualities … we, in our own time of danger in a divided world, will be strengthened and our love of freedom sustained.”

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 10:56 PM

[Linked Image]

A war criminal by today's standards.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 11:39 PM

Here's a bit more about your hero loosegoose.

https://civilwarodyssey.blogspot.com/2011/03/behind-curtain-rape-and-other-horrors.html

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/09/21 11:54 PM

Sherman

[Linked Image]

For sure and that is why we don't really win them anymore.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 12:00 AM

Maybe when you grow up and get a little older you will see there are two sides to everything. If you erase history it will repeat itself in one form or another. And before you take offense about the age remark the last time this came up you wanted to shoot all slave owners in the face . Very grown up. By the way as I pointed out then it meant shooting most of the founding fathers. The war was fought over money. But you quote this paper and that is it just possible you are quoting the fake news of that time? None of us can say for sure.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 12:01 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 01:43 AM

[Linked Image]

Seriously? Good Lord.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 01:54 AM

[Linked Image]

We're not talking about today's standards in this thread.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
[Linked Image]

This is funny, I don't care who you are laugh

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 05:04 AM

Funny thing, not a single attempt at a reply to my question yet.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 05:05 AM

Just once I'd like to see a lib fight facts with facts. But higher reason is beyond their emotional ability.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/10/21 11:53 PM

... I reckon that ain’t gonna happen lol

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/11/21 12:11 AM

I reckon not.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/11/21 12:55 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/11/21 01:02 AM

If the North and the South would go at it again today, the North don't believe in guns anymore so...........

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/11/21 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
If the North and the South would go at it again today, the North don't believe in guns anymore so...........

You should come up here to the North and see just how many guns there are.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/11/21 01:06 AM

I know.......I'm from the North myself but.....how times have changed. The cities are pure puss.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/18/21 07:47 PM

That's interesting.....why do you suppose the CSA didn't allow their states to get rid of slavery (per the CSA constitution) if that's what they wanted? If they were so big on states rights, why didnt they allow their states to decide for themselves on the issue of slavery? Why did the CSA decide to put a clause in their constitution that said their states could t get rid of slavery, instead of giving their states the right to determine their own course of action?

That's quite simple. They were working to keep the coalition of Confederate states together and wanted everyone to be rowing in tandem. Slavery was on it's way out at that time. And, to read more from "Live Science", Google Busted-Civil War Myths and learn.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/18/21 07:58 PM

What actual harm comes to you by removing the statue? (Besides your southern pride, of course.)

What comes to mind right away would be the erasing of the nations history? Does that matter? I prefer being educated over woke.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/19/21 01:11 AM

You could also say that no harm comes to anyone by leaving them.

Re: Robert E Lee statue comes down. - 09/19/21 01:15 AM

I think LoosGoos grew up in Chicago so........
© 2024 Trapperman Forums